The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

CherubRam

I would have said that you are correct regarding your rewrite, because Y-H-W-H refers to both Christ and the Father who is with and was God John 1:1

Obviously you guys prefer the Catholic canonization of scriptures. Good luck with that. :rapture:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wait until LA makes one of her death predictions about you. It's a real treat.

You are dead already.

Jud 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

If you and John W are examples of a Christian then people will prefer hell.

LA

OCTOBER23

You have to ask yourself why did JESUS come to the Earth.

Answer: To develop a Human Spirit of Resistance to Sin

which HE took back up to God the Father and THEY sent

it down to the Apostles to help them overcome Sin.

I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT IN THEM AND TAKE AWAY THEIR STONEY HEART

AND GIVE THEM A HEART OF FLESH.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you,

and cause you to walk in my statutes,

and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

musterion

What is the purpose of your challenge?

Is it to show that the scriptures teach the doctrine of the Trinity?

If so, it completely failed, since it proved that the Trinity doctrine comes from deductive reasoning.

Is it to show that some verses of the Bible combined with logic can be used to get people to agree with the doctrine of the Trinity?

If so, then it also failed, since my position on the matter is not whether I personally believe or disbelieve the doctrine, merely whether the doctrine is taught by scripture (it is not) and whether it is necessary to believe the Trinity doctrine in order to be saved (it is not).

What do you think you gain by belief in the Trinity doctrine?

I would disagree with you about whether scriptural evidence taken in total points to the Trinity doctrine.

The overwhelming majority of scripture taken at face value supports a Unitarian view of God the Father being the only true god who sent His Son to die for our sins.

Support for the Trinity doctrine comes almost exclusively from about three dozen passage in scripture and from deductive reasoning.

Inductive reasoning is probably what started the Binity doctrine when some Christians found it impossible to believe that Jesus could do the things He does without being God Himself.

Adding the Holy Spirit to the Binity doctrine to make it a Trinity doctrine comes entirely from deductive reasoning.

You know what all this reveals about you?

It reveals that you don't want to address that graphic. You REFUSE it but you won't REFUTE it.

Because if you could, you would have done so when I first posted it for you days ago. Instead, you keep avoiding it; talking around it; refusing to explain where the reasoning of it is incorrect.

You do this because the reasoning isn't incorrect, and you recognize that fact. But your committed to anti-trinitarianism no matter what.

Does that reveal you honor Scripture as is, or only as misinterpreted by the anti-trinitarian axe grinders you copy and paste? The answer is clear.

genuineoriginal

What if we put verse 16 back into the context.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. (Colossians 1:15-18 NKJV)​
You just removed the context by leaving off Colossians 1:12-14

genuineoriginal

Example #1:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)
That is a very nice scripture that teaches a Unitarian view is needed for salvation.

If you do not believe that God (not Jesus) raised the Lord Jesus (not God) from the dead, you will not be saved.

If, on the other hand, you believe that God raised God from the dead, then you are not doing what the verse states is necessary to be saved.

Do you have anything that actually teaches that we must believe the Trinity doctrine to be saved?

genuineoriginal

You know what all this reveals about you?

It reveals that you don't want to address that graphic. You REFUSE it but you won't REFUTE it.
The main problem with your graphic is that it is a graphic embedded as an attachment.
I chose not to address the obvious problem with it because I am not able to read it while I am typing a reply.

Does that reveal you honor Scripture as is, or only as misinterpreted by the anti-trinitarian axe grinders you copy and paste? The answer is clear.
You are claiming that the Bible is misinterpreted if someone looks at it with a Unitarian view?

The overwhelming majority of scriptures teach us to use a Unitarian view.

To prove it, search the New Testament and find out how many times the word God is used for the Father, how many times the word God is used for Jesus, and how many times the word God is used for the Holy Spirit.

Then compare the numbers and see what you come up with.
Then add in the numbers of times the word God is used for the Father in the Old Testament.

Since the doctrine of the Trinity is not taught by the Bible, the Bible also does not teach a person must believe the doctrine to be saved.

Why does that simple fact upset most Trinitarians so much?

keypurr

You have to ask yourself why did JESUS come to the Earth.

Answer: To develop a Human Spirit of Resistance to Sin

which HE took back up to God the Father and THEY sent

it down to the Apostles to help them overcome Sin.

I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT IN THEM AND TAKE AWAY THEIR STONEY HEART

AND GIVE THEM A HEART OF FLESH.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you,

and cause you to walk in my statutes,

and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jesus did not come to the Earth, he was born into it. The Spirit in him came to Earth at his baptism.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus did not come to the Earth, he was born into it. The Spirit in him came to Earth at his baptism.
You could NOT be more WRONG.

Jesus was NOT taken over by another Spirit or you think that Jesus had TWO spirits?

Jesus IS the LORD FROM HEAVEN, just like the Bible that you reject says.
1Co 15:47 KJV The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
Get with it kepurr. You're a heathen idol worshiper. Get saved and believe in the LORD FROM HEAVEN.

genuineoriginal

THREE QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF THE TRINITY IS BIBLICALLY TRUE OR FALSE. If any one of these questions can be answered 'no,' then the Trinity can be rejected as an unbiblical belief. But if all three can be answered 'yes,' then the concept of the Trinity should be accepted as biblical truth.

1. Does the Bible mention three distinct persons?
No, the Bible mentions billions of distinct persons.

2. Does the Bible refer to each of these persons as God?
No, but hundreds of thousands or even millions of them are referred to as gods.

3. Does the Bible teach there is only one God?
Yes and no.
The Bible teaches that there are many gods, but that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the only god that should be worshiped as God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You could not be more WRONG!

1 John 1:1-2 English Standard Version (ESV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—

2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—

Jesus is ETERNAL! He was from the beginning. Get it right here or you will always be confused thinking that He may be created. He is not created, He is ETERNAL!

genuineoriginal

Jesus is ETERNAL! He was from the beginning. Get it right here or you will always be confused thinking that He may be created. He is not created, He is ETERNAL!

The entire Arian controversy began when Arius figured out that Jesus was begotten, which meant Jesus had a beginning and could not be as ETERNAL as His Father.

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—

2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—
The beginning referred to in this verse is when Jesus was baptized and began His ministry.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The entire Arian controversy began when Arius figured out that Jesus was begotten, which meant Jesus had a beginning and could not be as ETERNAL as His Father.

The beginning referred to in this verse is when Jesus was baptized and began His ministry.

You are biblically illiterate. You like Keypurr refuse to believe the truth of the bible. You are snared by the heresy of unitarianism. Jude 4 speaks of those like you.

keypurr

You could NOT be more WRONG.

Jesus was NOT taken over by another Spirit or you think that Jesus had TWO spirits?

Jesus IS the LORD FROM HEAVEN, just like the Bible that you reject says.
1Co 15:47 KJV The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
Get with it kepurr. You're a heathen idol worshiper. Get saved and believe in the LORD FROM HEAVEN.

You have a lot to learn friend. Jesus did not come down from heaven. The true son is a spirit like his father. The EXPRESS image of God and he was given powers you can not imgine he has. Man did not create the Universe, the spirit of God did. God created all things through this spirit. The spirit son came down to dwell in the body prepared for him in Heb 10:5. Jesus became the Christ at his anointing. Your theology is shallow church theology, go deeper RD. The Lamb of God needed to be a man. Jesus was that man. But God sent his true son to live and speak through him.

KingdomRose

Is the Trinity biblical?
Is the Trinity taught in the Bible?

No sir, and it's sad so many are letting themselves be taken to the spiritual cleaners.:devil:

There are verses in the New Testament which might appear to support the traditional doctrine of the trinity, but good research in the Scriptures and the history of the doctrine has brought me and many others to the conviction that "the case for the trinity rests on questionable treatment of the biblical documents" (stated by Anthony Buzzard & Charles Hunting in their interesting book, The Doctrine of the Trinity, Christianity's Self-Inflicted Wound).

The case for the trinity "ignores the massive evidence for unitary monotheism--the belief in one God as a single person, the Father of Jesus Christ--and relies heavily on inference from a few select verses." It isolates certain texts and forgets that their context is the whole of Scripture.

Doctrines must be built upon plain, straightforward texts. After much research by a number of Biblical experts, many of them now admit that the trinity doctrine cannot be documented in the Bible, and is truly a distortion of Bible teachings. It is my desire, and that of other non-trinitarians, that people will examine the evidence that counters the trinity doctrine with an open mind.

Church historians have recorded that believers in God as a single person were "at the beginning of the third century still the large majority." (Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th edition, Vol.23, p.963)

Present-day fundamental Christianity claims to believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and the authority of Christ, and yet they have never come to believe in a statement made by Christ himself that summed up his feeling & knowledge of his Father: "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You sent." (John 17:3) Are they totally insensitive to the warning issued by Jesus when he said, "In vain they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commands of men"? (Matthew 15:9) Have they fallen under the spell of theological leaders, mainly from the 2nd to the 5th century, when they allowed their Greek philosophy backgrounds to corrupt the Hebrew thought which formed the basis of the young Christian church?

Neither the Old Testament nor the New Testament offer evidence for the doctrine of the trinity. A person can establish this fact by a careful, open-minded examination of the Biblical writings. There is no passage of Scripture that asserts that God is three, no authentic verse which claims that the one God is three persons, three spirits, three divine infinite minds, or three anything. Any claim that there are three who make up the Deity must be based on inference, rather than plain statements. The trinitarian concept relies on often tortured logic which lacks solid support in the earliest Christian writings.

:think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You could not be more WRONG!

great post BR !!