The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

Right, a man must obey and have faith, believe; however, that is not the only thing Jesus tells us to do.

Jesus tells us how to get saved and stay saved, and repenting of sins is a must.

Jesus taught repenting of sins when he walked the earth, his apostles taught it, and Jesus continued to teach it after ascending to heaven.

Clearly, you have NO reading comprehension whatsoever. You're simply a :troll:

God's Truth

We have to have fear and trembling to be saved.

2 Corinthians 7:17 And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

1 Peter 2:17 Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

Acts 10:35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

Acts 13:26 “Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

2 Corinthians 5:11 [ The Ministry of Reconciliation ] Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

Philippians 2:12 [ Shining as Stars ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Luke 1
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Luke 23:40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence?

Acts 5:11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

Acts 10:2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

Romans 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

1 Peter 1:17 Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.

Revelation 14:7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Revelation 15:4 Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

Revelation 19:5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!”

Isaiah 11:3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears;

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

God's Truth

Only in your made up vocabulary.

God is the one who says He is one and that there is no one like Him or besides Him.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God is the one who says He is one and that there is no one like Him or besides Him.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Yeah, I know, but that doesn't comport with your claim that 'one' means 'the same'.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Unity.....many making one unit.

How are many made a unit?

By being the same.

So, are you implying that there are three gods making up the one God?

There are things that are not the same that can form a unity.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one[echad] flesh.

Adam/male and Eve/female were not the same yet they formed a unity.

God's Truth

So, are you implying that there are three gods making up the one God?

There are things that are not the same that can form a unity.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one[echad] flesh.

Adam/male and Eve/female were not the same yet they formed a unity.

You cannot rightly use the marriage analogy because God says there is no one besides him. Surely a husband and wife are besides each other.

God's Truth

Surely you jest.

Besides is not the same as beside.

Look it up.

King James Bible
Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

American King James Version
To you it was showed, that you might know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Is that more acceptable for you?

Mark 12:32
"Right, Teacher," the scribe replied. "You have stated correctly that God is One and there is no other but Him,

Here is a link to prepositions:

http://www.english-grammar-revolution.com/list-of-prepositions.html

Beside and besides are listed.