The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

Right, the Almighty God is the Father.

We agree that there is only one God and He is the Father.

And that is why I say Jesus is the Father, because Jesus is God, and since he is God, then he MUST also be the Father.

Is Jesus not our Savior? Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Is Jesus not our God and Savior? Jesus is our God and Savior: Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Is Jesus not God the King of kings and Lord of lords? 1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”
He is our saviour because God is in him.

2 Corinthians 5

And all things*are*of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;*To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Sorry but I'm tired, it's nearly 1am here and I've had a long day.

I'll answer anything else tomorrow, God willing :)

God's Truth

He is our saviour because God is in him.

2 Corinthians 5

And all things*are*of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;*To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Sorry but I'm tired, it's nearly 1am here and I've had a long day.

I'll answer anything else tomorrow, God willing :)

God is in me but I am not the Savior.

popsthebuilder

There is a spiritual realm....which cannot be seen by the eye. God is invisible. :chew:

So, what about these seven spirits?

Matthew 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.​
Uhm..... That is about a believer who goes along the narrow path, knowing well the will of GOD, yet who, finding it difficult, turns back.

The only point I can gather from your posting that is one I don't care to assume. So could you please clarify?

glorydaz

Do you agree that the Holy Spirit is the Father, as the Father is Spirit. And so is the Holy Ghost obviously?

There is a spiritual realm....which cannot be seen by the eye. God is invisible. :chew:

So, what about these seven spirits?

Uhm..... That is about a believer who goes along the narrow path, knowing well the will of GOD, yet who, finding it difficult, turns back.

The only point I can gather from your posting that is one I don't care to assume. So could you please clarify?

Yes, please don't assume. I was pointing to the seven SPIRITS for a reason. The fact that there is a spiritual realm (invisible- disembodied). The verse that speaks of God being SPIRIT is talking about His being invisible - disembodied.

Do you notice how you said the FATHER IS SPIRIT? Actually, GOD is spirit, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the visible of the invisible God. Colossians 1:15 So, when you say, "The Holy Spirit is the Father", you are in error. You could say, "The Holy Spirit is God (invisible - disembodied)", but you cannot say He is the Father because you have no scriptural support for saying that.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.​

glorydaz

So do you believe in working out your salvation? How about training yourself? No one does?

You seem to think Paul says to work FOR YOUR SALVATION. Although you've been told many times by many people that isn't the case. Nothing could be farther from the truth, and that very verse highlights we are God's workmanship. Do you know what that means?

This shows your inability to rightly divide the word. Just as you do "training yourself"....missing the meaning of what Paul says about running a race for the prize.

For you, Paul seems to be, not only hard, but impossible to understand.

popsthebuilder

I believe that God the father speaks through the Holy Spirit, but the Spirit is not the father, although he is of the father. Christ Jesus said that he will ask the father to send the comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, so if the father sends the Spirit .then the spirit is not the father. Also, there's this

John 10

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear,*that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If the Spirit is the father, why will be only speak what he is given to speak? Wouldn't be be speaking for himself seeing as he is the father?

I believe that everything comes from the father, through Christ, and is made manifest in our hearts by the power of the Spirit.
2 Corinthians: 7. 5. For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears. 6. Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;

2 Corinthians: 1. 3. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4. Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

John: 16. 7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

(So comforter being capitalized here doesn't denote God? You agree that the Holy Spirit is a holy spirit and that God is a holy spirit right?)

John: 15. 25. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. 26. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27. And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John: 14. 1. Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. 26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 28. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

(to me I can see clearly how Jesus is saying that he is not equal to the Father while a man, but that He is of the Father and goes back to being with the Father.

Also; comforter seems synonymous with both father and son and Holy Spirit.)

Zechariah: 1. 17. Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Hosea: 2. 12. And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, whereof she hath said, These are my rewards that my lovers have given me: and I will make them a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them. 13. And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD. 14. Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her. 15. And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt. 16. And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali. 17. For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name. 18. And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely. 19. And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. 20. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. 21. And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;

Jeremiah: 31. 11. For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he. 12. Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all. 13. Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow. 14. And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the LORD.

( I know that was a lot of scripture. But I can't justly say that the Comforter isn't synonymous with Lord, LORD, and of course, the Holy Spirit.

Could you give another verse that shows that the Holy Spirit isn't the Spirit of GOD? )

God's Truth

You seem to think Paul says to work FOR YOUR SALVATION. Although you've been told many times by many people that isn't the case. Nothing could be farther from the truth, and that very verse highlights we are God's workmanship. Do you know what that means?

This shows your inability to rightly divide the word. Just as you do "training yourself"....missing the meaning of what Paul says about running a race for the prize.

For you, Paul seems to be, not only hard, but impossible to understand.

Paul is not hard to understand. Can you believe it? Paul says to work.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Train ourselves.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

popsthebuilder

Maybe you should read the verses the say that the Son is under subjection to God, and that's after he's back in heaven with the father!

So do you believe that Jesus is the father too?
Ms. Mary; could you please reference the verses you speak of about the Christ of GOD being in subjection under GOD after ascension to Heaven? Thanks

popsthebuilder

Yes, please don't assume. I was pointing to the seven SPIRITS for a reason. The fact that there is a spiritual realm (invisible- disembodied). The verse that speaks of God being SPIRIT is talking about His being invisible - disembodied.

Do you notice how you said the FATHER IS SPIRIT? Actually, GOD is spirit, and our Lord Jesus Christ is the visible of the invisible God. Colossians 1:15 So, when you say, "The Holy Spirit is the Father", you are in error. You could say, "The Holy Spirit is God (invisible - disembodied)", but you cannot say He is the Father because you have no scriptural support for saying that.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.​
WHAT?

so if GOD IS spirit and GOD is the Father then the Father is Spirit.

Real simple stuff here.

Please do attempt to show my misunderstanding some other way, because that just didn't cut it.

And whoever gave it a thumbs up didn't think for themselves.

popsthebuilder

I believe that God the father speaks through the Holy Spirit, but the Spirit is not the father, although he is of the father. Christ Jesus said that he will ask the father to send the comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, so if the father sends the Spirit .then the spirit is not the father. Also, there's this

John 10

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear,*that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If the Spirit is the father, why will be only speak what he is given to speak? Wouldn't be be speaking for himself seeing as he is the father?

I believe that everything comes from the father, through Christ, and is made manifest in our hearts by the power of the Spirit.
Do you see how you are borderline limiting the capacities of an all powerful all knowing Spirit to fit into limited comprehension?

I do agree that we cannot witness the utter fullness of GOD though.

glorydaz

WHAT?

Real simple stuff here.

Please do attempt to show my misunderstanding some other way, because that just didn't cut it.

Fine....just continue on saying dumb things that you cannot support from scripture.
Just don't play all humble .....it's a joke.

Your point that the "Holy Spirit is the Father" needs some evidence. Put up or shut up, Pops.

popsthebuilder

Fine....just continue on saying dumb things that you cannot support from scripture.
Just don't play all humble .....it's a joke.

Your point that the "Holy Spirit is the Father" needs some evidence. Put up or shut up, Pops.
First answer these two questions please.

Is GOD spirit or limited to mortal man?

Is the Holy Ghost spirit?

Thanks in advance.

Oh; and you may have missed it but it shouldn't be too far back; I had just referenced a good bit of scripture showing that GOD is the Comforter/ Holy Spirit.

I thought you were some sort of trinitarian?

You don't think the Holy Spirit is GOD, or do you not think the Father is GOD?

popsthebuilder

First answer these two questions please.

Is GOD spirit or limited to mortal man?

Is the Holy Ghost spirit?

Thanks in advance.

Oh; and you may have missed it but it shouldn't be too far back; I had just referenced a good bit of scripture showing that GOD is the Comforter/ Holy Spirit.

I thought you were some sort of trinitarian?

You don't think the Holy Spirit is GOD, or do you not think the Father is GOD?
The humility I exude at times is easier than at others, but it is genuine as is my genuine want to do the Will of GOD. At times I am not humble. I need to work on that, thanks for the reminder.

Being blunt isn't always being rude, and sometimes a rather rude awakening might be just what the Doctor ordered.

glorydaz

Paul is not hard to understand. Can you believe it? Paul says to work.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Actually, Paul does not say to "work". Whatever we do, we do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. To which Paul refers to the rewards we will receive at the Judgement Seat of Christ. Not a thing to do with salvation or staying saved here, or of anyone working for salvation.

Col. 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;​

We could do this with every single verse you cite, God's UNtruth. You simply have no spiritual understanding whatsoever.

(And those who give you a thumb's up for such garbage is as lost as you are.) *Pops

popsthebuilder

Actually, Paul does not say to "work". Whatever we do, we do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. To which Paul refers to the rewards we will receive at the Judgement Seat of Christ. Not a thing to do with salvation or staying saved here, or of anyone working for salvation.

Col. 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;​

We could do this with every single verse you cite, God's UNtruth. You simply have no spiritual understanding whatsoever.

(And those who give you a thumb's up for such garbage is as lost as you are.) *Pops
Never vainly claimed my own salvation or perfection.

At least I thumb what I understand and agree with as opposed to every word she posts.

glorydaz

WHAT?

Real simple stuff here.

Never vainly claimed my own salvation or perfection.

At least I thumb what I understand and agree with as opposed to ever word she posts.

Are you daring to accuse Tam of not understanding what I was saying? Let's ask her.

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION]