The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

There are many verses that say "many waters" too! But there is only one word of God (water) and many rivers.

Also I'm not talking about angels that have sinned, but spirits that God trusts, those who do his will always. God doesn't give his light to sinning spirits, they are in darkness under the control of Satan.

They were angels in heaven and had sinned. That means it is possible for an angel to sin. Paul says we will judge angels.
Paul suggests that women have long hair because of the angels.

God's Truth

There's a great example there in Ephesians 4. It says one body. But we are many that create that one body here on earth. And many create the one Spirit in heaven.

The one body is that of Jesus Christ. The one Spirit is that of Jesus Christ. The scripture PLAINLY says we have access by ONE SPIRIT.

God's Truth

I never said that John was Elijah, John said he wasn't Elijah, yet Jesus said he was. And I believe that the spirit of Elijah was in John, ministering to him what to say.

Doesn't this ever happen to you? And I don't mean Elijah being in us, but rather we are given what to speak. It happens to me, I just speak or sometimes type what comes into my heart and the versus that I need pop into my mind and sometimes I can't type enough for what I'm trying to say. I believe that this is God giving us what we need to say.

Jesus said in the spirit of Elijah, not that it was Elijah's spirit inside John.

There is a scripture where Jesus says to his disciples that the Holy Spirit will tell them what to say NOWHERE does the scripture say angels will tell us what to say.

God's Truth

Possessed by an angel? God doesn't possess us, Satan does that and gives us spirits (that we let in) that we find it hard to get rid of, and we need the Holy Spirit to help us to overcome. We receive God's Spirit willingly, and we are ministered to through faith, because we willingly lay down our lives for others to do the will of God. And God knows he can trust those who belong to him.

I don't feel possessed at all, I love receiving help and strength, and being given what I need to speak. I couldn't do it without God's help. I think possessed isn't the right word, as I see possessed as something that takes over that your don't want, and you can't get rid of. Like the devil. I don't ever want God to leave me.

What don't you get about when a person is saved they receive the ONE SPIRIT of God HIMSELF to live in them?

What don't you get that angels could sin and nowhere anywhere do the scriptures say God gives one of His angels to live inside of us.

Now do you have the One Spirit of God in you or do you have one of many angels in you?

God's Truth

1 John 4

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but TRY THE SPIRITS whether THEY are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: EVERY SPIRIT that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh IS OF GOD: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Sorry for using capitals, I can't seem make the writing bold on this iPod.

That passage is about evil spirits leading people astray. It says nothing about we are given angels to live in us.

Rosenritter

Hebrews: 13. 2. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

What about that verse? Am I misunderstanding the verse or the statement that angels do not have the potential to dwell within man?

peace

Lot entertained angels of God unawares in when he was in Sodom. They had physical presence. It doesn't have to mean more than that.

Rosenritter

I never said that John was Elijah, John said he wasn't Elijah, yet Jesus said he was. And I believe that the spirit of Elijah was in John, ministering to him what to say.

Doesn't this ever happen to you? And I don't mean Elijah being in us, but rather we are given what to speak. It happens to me, I just speak or sometimes type what comes into my heart and the versus that I need pop into my mind and sometimes I can't type enough for what I'm trying to say. I believe that this is God giving us what we need to say.

If you mean that the dead Elijah was whispering to John the Baptist, then I don't believe that at all. If you mean that the spirit of Elijah that was given in double portion to Elisha was working with John the Baptist, then I could say yes, with the understanding that that spirit was the Holy Spirit.

2Ki 2:9-15 KJV
(9) And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
(10) And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
(11) And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
(12) And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
(13) He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
(14) And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
(15) And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

Elijah wasn't dead or in the third heaven at this point, as later in the scripture a king receives a letter from him. Yet it still speaks of spirit but in the sense that it can be received in double portion. So it seems that the spirit in this case isn't Elijah, it was the spirit that Elijah had received.

Rosenritter

I didn't say they were dead, They are living ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation, just as it says in those verses you have quoted.

Men are called flesh, created angels are called spirits. The context does not seem to indicate that it means men in any form, as it says "angels" and "ministering spirits" whereas men are those who are "heirs of salvation." I think you're trying to hard to read something into that passage.

marhig

If you mean that the dead Elijah was whispering to John the Baptist, then I don't believe that at all. If you mean that the spirit of Elijah that was given in double portion to Elisha was working with John the Baptist, then I could say yes, with the understanding that that spirit was the Holy Spirit.

2Ki 2:9-15 KJV
(9) And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
(10) And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
(11) And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
(12) And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
(13) He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
(14) And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
(15) And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

Elijah wasn't dead or in the third heaven at this point, as later in the scripture a king receives a letter from him. Yet it still speaks of spirit but in the sense that it can be received in double portion. So it seems that the spirit in this case isn't Elijah, it was the spirit that Elijah had received.
I mean that the spirit of Elijah was working with John.

And I believe that Elijah died and went to heaven to be with God at the point of death, as all those who belong to God do.

marhig

Men are called flesh, created angels are called spirits. The context does not seem to indicate that it means men in any form, as it says "angels" and "ministering spirits" whereas men are those who are "heirs of salvation." I think you're trying to hard to read something into that passage.
And those spirits come and minister to us and they are holy because they come from God.

marhig

They were angels in heaven and had sinned. That means it is possible for an angel to sin. Paul says we will judge angels.
Paul suggests that women have long hair because of the angels.
God won't give angels that sin light. And he won't use them to minister his word.

What do you mean regarding women having long hair because of the angels? Thanks

marhig

Jesus said in the spirit of Elijah, not that it was Elijah's spirit inside John.

There is a scripture where Jesus says to his disciples that the Holy Spirit will tell them what to say NOWHERE does the scripture say angels will tell us what to say.
It says in scripture that angels are ministering spirits for those who are heirs of salvation, thus they minister to and for those who belong to God.

marhig

This seems real close to angel worship.
Angel worship? That's silly, they are our brethren in God. They aren't sitting on clouds playing harps with wings you know, doing nothing. They are ministering spirits, workers, and they do Gods work helping and ministering to Gods people.

marhig

Hello Marhig,
Is it a boy or a girl?
Looks like it might be a boy, :) I hoped that they would wait and not find out and have a surprise, but they all find out nowadays. 1 week to go. :) I'm praying that God keeps her and the baby safe as she had a hard labour last time and had to have an emergency caesarian. And she's worried about going through all that again. But so far, thanks be to God, this pregnancy is going better than her last one.

I can't wait :)

God's Truth

Looks like it might be a boy, :) I hoped that they would wait and not find out and have a surprise, but they all find out nowadays. 1 week to go. :) I'm praying that God keeps her and the baby safe as she had a hard labour last time and had to have an emergency caesarian. And she's worried about going through all that again. But so far, thanks be to God, this pregnancy is going better than her last one.

I can't wait :)

So good to hear that this pregnancy is going better. Such exciting times for you and your family. You are truly blessed.