The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

This is a discussion forum, you clearly do not want to discuss anything but make baseless claims.

It matters not what amount of information you receive you will reject all of it.

My prayer to you is that God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) breaks through your indoctrination as only God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) can break through the darkness of your indoctrination.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Oh right, yet still Jesus is called the Christ by Peter and this was his revelation from the father. And he is the Christ, Christ means anointed, so the Christ means the anointed, which Jesus is!
It's an odd way to say it, is all. Why must Pops call Him something other than what His Church calls Him, today, and for centuries? Christ. We don't think there's more than One Christ, there's no need for "the," why does Pops insist upon being different? Locked into adolescent rebellion? :idunno:

lifeisgood

Paul says to imitate him. Don't you know the scriptures?

I am well aware that Paul said 'be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ' (1 Corinthians 11:1)

You did not repeat what Paul said. This is what you said, gt:
I couldn't care any less what you think of me.

Maybe, as you have stated previously that we can ask, can you provide a verse where Paul says ‘I couldn't care any less what you think of me.’

And I believe that you meant to say 'care less' and not 'care any less' or maybe you did.

God's Truth

Obey to be saved, gt?

When was the last time you obeyed Jesus by going to the temple and showing yourself to the High Priest, gt? You say you obey ALL of Jesus' commandments. That is one of Jesus' commandments.
Jesus is the High Priest and he sees me everyday all day because I am also the temple.
When was the last time you, gt, went outside and told someone who has never heard the glorious Gospel, 'you must obey Jesus to be saved'? When was the last time you had any success on that front?
It isn’t about my success; it is about preaching the Truth and being approved and pleasing to God.
The Holy Spirit will come and teach only a BEliever.
The Holy Spirit is GIVEN TO THOSE WHO OBEY, see Acts 5:32.
The Holy Spirit is the Comforter to those who love Jesus by obeying Jesus.
Do you really not know those scriptures?

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

Psalm 145:20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

By your standard a UNbeliever is indwelled with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is guiding a UNbeliever. Think about that for a while, gt. Think about that.
No that is your strange and false beliefs.

You are a Calvinist and twist the truth.

If an unbeliever wants to know the Truth, all they would have to do is obey Jesus and they will find out, see John 7:17.

If a believer wants to be saved, they have to get Jesus’ teachings and obey them.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am also the temple.
You are at most a single stone in a temple made up of billions of other stones.

And you are not a teacher; nobody should ever take your word for it, unless you happen to be teaching exactly what the Church's actual teachers also teach.

God's Truth

I am well aware that Paul said 'be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ' (1 Corinthians 11:1)

You did not repeat what Paul said. This is what you said, gt:

Maybe, as you have stated previously that we can ask, can you provide a verse where Paul says ‘I couldn't care any less what you think of me.’

And I believe that you meant to say 'care less' and not 'care any less' or maybe you did.

I said what I meant and meant what I said.

1 Corinthians 4:3 I however am very little concerned at undergoing your scrutiny, or that of other men; in fact I do not even scrutinize myself.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Corinthians 4:4 For I know nothing against myself; yet am I not thereby justified: but he that judges me is the Lord.

God's Truth

You are a Catholic and do not know if you are saved or not.

The saved are the temple.

And you are not a teacher; nobody should ever take your word for it,

I say what the Bible says and I always teach that everyone should check the scriptures and believe what is written.

unless you happen to be teaching exactly what the Church's actual teachers also teach.

If anyone is in the Catholic religion, they should come out of her so as not to share in her sins.

lifeisgood

Jesus is the High Priest and he sees me everyday all day because I am also the temple.

You are so good in twisting what a conversation is all about it is amazing.

It isn’t about my success; it is about preaching the Truth and being approved and pleasing to God.

Obviously, I was not talking about YOUR success, but your preaching your doctrine to an UNbeliever that they MUST OBEY Jesus’ commandments even before God saves them. Yes, that is what you preach.

The Holy Spirit is GIVEN TO THOSE WHO OBEY, see Acts 5:32.

Because they BELIEVED Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

No UNbeliever can receive the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter to those who love Jesus by obeying Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter because of the OBEDIENCE of Jesus.

No amount of gt’s OBEDIENCE is going to send the Comforter. Get a grip, gt.

Do you really not know those scriptures?

Absolutely. They are for those who BELIEVE Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

Psalm 145:20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

None of the verses you provided is addressed to an UNbeliever.

No that is your strange and false beliefs.

You are a Calvinist and twist the truth.

I am not a Calvinist. I am Pentecostal, thank you very much.

If an unbeliever wants to know the Truth, all they would have to do is obey Jesus and they will find out, see John 7:17.

A UNbeliever couldn’t OBEY TO BE SAVED if their life depended on it.

It is impossible for a UNbeliever to follow God.

BELIEVERS are led by the Holy Spirit. And God says that the only way to be led by the Holy Spirit is to be filled by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18), which is a separate work after being saved.

If a believer wants to be saved, they have to get Jesus’ teachings and obey them.

They have to BELIEVE Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

====

You are a dangerous preacher for you have a mixture of The Truth with your UNtruth.

lifeisgood

No, the Bible says that Believers are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16)

And you are not a teacher; nobody should ever take your word for it, unless you happen to be teaching exactly what the Church's actual teachers also teach.

However, take my (Nihilo) word for it because my church says so even though it is contrary to God's word. Got it.

God's Truth

You are so good in twisting what a conversation is all about it is amazing.

Obviously, I was not talking about YOUR success, but your preaching your doctrine to an UNbeliever that they MUST OBEY Jesus’ commandments even before God saves them. Yes, that is what you preach.

Because they BELIEVED Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

No UNbeliever can receive the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter because of the OBEDIENCE of Jesus.

No amount of gt’s OBEDIENCE is going to send the Comforter. Get a grip, gt.

Absolutely. They are for those who BELIEVE Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

None of the verses you provided is addressed to an UNbeliever.

I am not a Calvinist. I am Pentecostal, thank you very much.

A UNbeliever couldn’t OBEY TO BE SAVED if their life depended on it.

It is impossible for a UNbeliever to follow God.

BELIEVERS are led by the Holy Spirit. And God says that the only way to be led by the Holy Spirit is to be filled by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18), which is a separate work after being saved.

They have to BELIEVE Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

====

You are a dangerous preacher for you have a mixture of The Truth with your UNtruth.

Everything that you said is false.

Anyone who wants to know, anyone who wants to be saved, all they have to do is obey Jesus' teachings, and then they will find out.

lifeisgood

I said what I meant and meant what I said.

Cool.

1 Corinthians 4:3 I however am very little concerned at undergoing your scrutiny, or that of other men; in fact I do not even scrutinize myself.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Corinthians 4:4 For I know nothing against myself; yet am I not thereby justified: but he that judges me is the Lord.

But you couldn't provide a verse where Paul says: ‘I couldn't care any less what you think of me.’ Got it.

Rosenritter

Try reading that passage again; I mean, really read it while paying attention to the grammar. It is one of the most powerful passages that tells us that our salvation is secure. The biggest problem that people have while reading that particular passage is that they get caught up in the middle compound preposition of that sentence. Let me show you what I mean.

First I must point out that when it says "if they shall fall away," the "if" is not in the original text or context of that scripture, neither is the "seeing they." The passage should read as follows (I will not add verse numbers so that we can have a better look at the grammar).

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, and have fallen away, to crucify the Son of God again for themselves and put him to open shame.

Now lets take a look at the grammar of this passage. It starts with "For it is impossible" and then the passage picks up with a long compound preposition (of which I highlighted) that distracts the reader from what the writer is trying to convey. Now grammatically, that long compound preposition can be removed to reveal the simple straightforward meaning of the whole sentence: and when the distraction is removed, we are left with the following, clear meaning of the sentence.

For it is impossible to crucify the Son of God again for themselves and put him to open shame.

We can even go one step further and remove the preposition "for themselves." Once all of the distractions are removed, we are left with the greatest truth. No matter what happens, once we have acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Savior and have accepted the gift of salvation, it is impossible to crucify the Son of God again and put him to open shame.

If what you say is correct, then why would the surrounding context that explains the meaning say this?

Hebrews 6:4-8 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

As to your differing interpretation above, that would require that which bears thorns and briers shall be accepted and never be burned.

lifeisgood

Anyone who wants to know, anyone who wants to be saved, all they have to do is obey Jesus' teachings, and then they will find out.

Which when asked, you, gt, have yourself declared that you do NOT OBEY Jesus' commandments, even though you proudly, presumptuously, arrogantly, then simply go ahead and repeat your mantra that I, gt, OBEY ALL of Jesus' commandments when you say emphatically that you do not OBEY Jesus' commandments. Talk about falsehood.

You are a dangerous preacher, gt, for you, gt, have a mixture of The Truth with your UNtruth.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are a Catholic and do not know if you are saved or not.
I'm not Catholic (unlike you), and I believe in the RESURRECTION of the Lord Jesus from the dead. Romans 10:9 (KJV)
The saved are the temple.
There is One temple, there are not billions of temples.
I say what the Bible says and I always teach that everyone should check the scriptures and believe what is written.
No, you would only be quoting Sacred Scripture if that's what you were doing, but you add in your own commentary to what the scriptures say. The only ones who can validly do that are the official teachers of the Church, not you, not me, or anybody else.
If anyone is in the Catholic religion, they should come out of her so as not to share in her sins.
Whatever, you rebellious, naughty Catholic.

Rosenritter

No, Rosenritter, that is not insulting, that is what projects from gt's responses.
When I insult anyone I will let them know I am insulting them.
gt is arrogant, smug, conceited, pompous, presumptuous, egotistical, proud, puffed up, self-important, stuck up one and that is not an insult.

Would you please stop? You are being annoying. Plus it isn't helping anything (your tactic does not yield good fruit.)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, the Bible says that Believers are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16)
We together are the temple. No single Christian is the temple, or a temple; we are the temple together, collectively. We are each a stone of the One temple.
However, take my (Nihilo) word for it because my church says so even though it is contrary to God's word. Got it.
So you're in league with Gt then.

I teach what the Church's official teachers teach. You can always look it up, what I teach, as I'm not making up stuff.