The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

That scripture does not say what you said. That scripture is about no longer having to do the purification/ceremonial works of the law; the works that used to have to be done by the individual who wanted to be called a child of God. No one has to do those works anymore because Jesus now cleans us. We do not have to clean ourselves anymore by getting circumcised and sacrificing animals. But we still have to do right and abstain from evil. We just do not have to get circumcised and use the blood of animals.

Oh, c'mon, gt.

So God had to wait for you to obey before He would decide that you deserved to be saved?

God's Truth

Only the ones who BELIEVE in Him already can the Holy Spirit come into their hearts and guide them to all truth, gt.

You have it the other way around.

What is that will, gt? That all BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Savior, the Redeemer.

You have it the other way, gt.

You have to do more than just believe.

You have to obey by repenting of your sins.

James says to people such as yourself that you are foolish, and Peter says ignorant and unstable.

See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24; and 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That scripture does not say what you said. That scripture is about no longer having to do the purification/ceremonial works of the law; the works that used to have to be done by the individual who wanted to be called a child of God. No one has to do those works anymore because Jesus now cleans us. We do not have to clean ourselves anymore by getting circumcised and sacrificing animals. But we still have to do right and abstain from evil. We just do not have to get circumcised and use the blood of animals.
Your argument is not with me but with Strong's
Concordance. Check it out.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have to do more than just believe.

You have to obey by repenting of your sins.

James says to people such as yourself that you are foolish, and Peter says ignorant and unstable.

See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24; and 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.
Every single verse you just referenced was written to the twelve tribes of Israel, not the Body of Christ.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Give the scripture.

:doh:

Ephesians 2:8-9

:AoO:

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Antiquated Biblical Translation that factors in that pesky DBR... Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

The New God's Truth Translation...

New GT Translation that now allows us to boast of our obedience and works... Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For by works you have saved yourself, and that is of personal OBEDIENCE of yourselves; it is not a free gift and you have to PAY FOR IT WITH OBEDIENCE to GOD, 9 not of faith or grace, lest anyone should rob you of boasting in the effort you have put into Obeying! *foot note a

*a you can also judge people for not Obeying.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I believe in looking only to the words of Christ and not men who are not even in the Bible.
Now be careful not to make up things about me.

Romans 10:9-10 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

:think: