The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Truster

No I'm not. You can't see that all I want is a verse that states what YOU claimed it states. I'm merely asking for you to back up what you claim. Remember YOU are the one that said it explicitly states the trinity. Yet when I ask for you to show me where it explicitly shows it you say I'm asking for a scripture that's too specific!? :confused:. If you say the scriptures explicitly teach the trinity what other type of scripture should I ask for other than one that teaches the trinity like you said it explicitly does, namely that God is one who is three persons?

Either the scripture explicitly teaches it or it doesn't, which is it? Are you telling me you can't show me verse that explicitly teaches the trinity even though you just said they explicitly teach the trinity?

I don't think you know what explicitly actually means.

The truth does not need to be backed up in any way. It will either gender unto life as secret manna or unto death as the killing letter.

God's Truth

popsthedestroyer of grace, trust and salvation....as if he could be.

His understanding stops at the word "I", but it seems you already know that.

So then, you preach that Jesus says do this and do that, don't do this and don't do that, but if I obey then I am condemned.

Even common sense eludes you.

Right Divider

Body part
I have no intent in participating in a bicker-fest, but are you sure "King of Kings" is not a synonym of "Lord of Lords?"
You can consider this a "bicker-fest" if you like, but your desire to conflate terms is YOUR problem.

Yes, I'm sure that they are not synonyms. That's why BOTH terms are used and REPEATED in the Bible.

Note that it says "King of Kings" AND "Lord of Lords".

1Tim 6:15 (KJV)
(6:15) Which in his times he shall shew, [who][ is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev 17:14 (KJV)
(17:14) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 19:16 (KJV)
(19:16) And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

God's Truth

As I already stated your question is based on a false premise, where does it state on the spirit of God is possible of saving mankind but a perfect spirit person other than God cannot? This is your false premise.

By answering your question I would be agreeing with the premise that one of Gods created spirits is unable to redeem mankind. No teaching like that exist in the bible, its your assumption that only the person of God is able to redeem mankind.

Its like me asking a person who is innocent "do you think you're a bad person for murdering person A", by answering the question how I phrased it, with the only possible direct answers being yes or no, one cannot answer without admitting guilt even though he is innocent, this is a loaded question. I cannot answer your question since its based on a false premise. Either rephrase it or answer the question I asked, namely, where does it state in the Bible that only the person of God could redeem mankind?

It is not like you say.

Answer the question, it is from the Bible and not like a murderer.

God's Truth

You would have rejected His blood, then as you do today. Therefore, you would have allowed death to come in.

Today, you, marhig, have not permitted Him to place His blood on the doorposts of your heart, because you yourself said, that you do not believe in the blood of the Cross of Calvary.

You have no idea that you are on the side of darkness when you preach it is wrong to obey.

God's Truth

Another one with the comprehension problem thingy. I did not say you are against Muslims, I said, you simply saw the word 'Muslim' in a URL and you recoiled saying, (paraphrasing now) 'oh, no, not going there.' The truth hurt, marhig. The truth hurt.

Why would it bother you if someone recoiled at the word of 'Muslim'?!

God's Truth

I once was blind, but now I see. However in my blindness I found no reason to pretend I could see...

You do not have to have understanding to be saved. You have to obey to get understanding.

You have to OBEY God to receive understanding.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

God's Truth

What is for the Salvation of man is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

The ONLY what of Salvation provided by God is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

You keep posting on as if you were a teacher, even though you blatantly went against the Word of God:

No, their faith was not made complete by what they did.
They acted BECAUSE their faith was already COMPLETE on what God said.

That is NOT what the scripture says!

You are going against the scripture.

James 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

God's Truth

Incorrect, gt, pretense is that a UNBELIEVER can OBEY Jesus' commandments TO BE SAVED.

How can a UNBELIEVER hope on repentance? What is the object of their hope for their repentance? What kind of repentance are they providing?, to what end? Repent toward what?

When you were a UNBELIEVER how much repentance did you provide to God? As a UNBELIEVER to which god did you present your repentance to. Think about it, popsthebuilder.

If an unbeliever wants to find out if what Jesus says is from God or not, Jesus says they can find out.

See John 7:17.

You twist what the Bible says no wonder you twist what I say.

God's Truth

Jesus came EXCLUSIVELY to die on the Cross of Calvary as the Father commissioned Him to do and that only at the TIME God told Him to die on the Cross of Calvary, while, He was waiting to receive the time from God, Jesus did many wonderful things to prove that He was God, for even the leaders could not but say, 'we have never seen somebody like this man.'

In Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary is The Life found. However, because you marhig, reject the blood of the Lamb, you can only see death death death and not life. What a shame. What a shame indeed.

For the preaching of Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work of the Cross is foolishness for those who willingly choose to perish....

Are you blind to all the things Jesus taught?!

God's Truth

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of Elohim.​

Jesus shed his blood on the cross for the new covenant.

Jesus gave rules and regulations for the new covenant.

Nowhere anywhere does Jesus say only believe and don't obey.

God's Truth

The Trinity/Triunity doctrine confuses people because they CHOOSE to reject it.
If you choose to see it you can see God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) gloriously displayed all over His word.
Only those who reject what the Bible says will not see God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
It behooves us to believe what God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) has so graciously bestowed upon us --- His Salvation --- regardless if we want the Bible to say exactly what we want it to say.

You choose the Catholic's trinity doctrine over God's Truth.

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit did not save you. The Holy Spirit pulled you to look at Jesus Christ and His finished work at the Cross of Calvary, which is what saves anybody.

Wise advice.

Amazing how the devil always want a BEliever to stop talking about Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary. Don't you think?

I do NOT have TO DO anything TO BE SAVED for Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary has DONE EVERYTHING for me TO BE SAVED.

You, gt, say, "do, do, do" and then you will be saved.
Christ Jesus says "DONE, DONE, DONE" come and receive the gift of what I did at the Cross of Calvary for you, come and enter into MY rest, said Jesus.

So, now you are saying that Paul is saying that you save yourself. Think about it, gt. Think about it.

Paul is telling Timothy to be careful not to be taken away from the doctrine he, Paul, had already given him, Timothy.

One more example of you choosing to pluck a verse out of its original context and parrot a pretext.

Only those who choose to take their eyes off Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

The devil HATES Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary; therefore, always trying to remove a BEliever from Him and what He did.

God did not nail to the cross obedience to Christ's teachings!

lifeisgood

Why do you keep saying unbelievers? What is wrong with you? I say an unbeliever can obey and a believer who is not yet saved can obey.

Maybe you would be game for an experiment, gt. Go outside and find a UNbeliever and tell he/she 'OBEY Jesus' commandments.' Then come and tell me all about it.

God's Truth

I always check what I write and I stand by what I say, You cannot seek salvation. God comes seeking you to save you.
You keep going against what is plainly written.

BELIEVERS are to seek God because now that God has saved them, we want to know more and more about the one who saved us.
That is ignorance to say we seek what we have.

If you really took a deep breath and read the verses you provide, which are wonderful BTW, you would see that all of them are about God and what God does.

You twist and deny what God says.

Eagles Wings

Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.

Amen.

From the book of Ephesians, Chapter 6, verses 23-24.