The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

JosephR

I get the deity of the LORD Jesus Christ from the Bible, keypurr.

Compare Zechariah 14 with Acts 1 until you understand just who HE is.

maybe you shouldnt read things over and over till they make the "sense" you want them to make,,we have a word for that,its called BRAINWASHING.

keypurr

The Logos is defined as He. Who is He?

Also defined as an IT in early translations. But you dismiss that BR.

Your not a thinking person when it comes to scripture, you just hold on to the old fables that the church has given you. You have no desire to learn the depth of scripture. You should ask yourself more questions.

Right Divider

Body part
maybe you shouldnt read things over and over till they make the "sense" you want them to make,,we have a word for that,its called BRAINWASHING.
I didn't have to read it over and over. keypurr and you need to.

JosephR, I noticed a long time ago that you're kind of guy that like to appear "smart" before the crowd. Get over yourself and grow up.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also defined as an IT in early translations. But you dismiss that BR.

Your not a thinking person when it comes to scripture, you just hold on to the old fables that the church has given you. You have no desire to learn the depth of scripture. You should ask yourself more questions.

So an It became flesh and dwelt among us? You realize that is blasphemy?

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Guess you do not believe in the English language. Personal pronouns denote personality.

KingdomRose

Let's make the font large enough for you to see it this time around...:)

Let's see how large I can make the excerpts from his book!

"One finds in the phrase 'the only begotten Son' (John 1:18, The Interlinear Bible/Hebrew, Greek & English) a phrase that affirms Christ's unique divine character, without stating that he is the one and only God himself, which not even verse 1 asserts, because 'god' lacks the article."

The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture, Bart Ehrman, p. 113.

Apple7

speaking about your signature...

Its not my sig...

some dude named... um BART..in 2013. "thinks" he knows the translation?:confused:

i imagine talking with a Scientology convert who believes what some guy named Ron... lol ol Ron says,will yield the same results...

Dr. Bart Ehrman (Bart for short) is a world renown NT scholar that JW's, like KR, like to use because they think that he supports their NWT translation.

Fact is...he does not.

He doesn't even know what their position is....nor does he care.

Bart is actually a self-proclaimed atheist...even though he remains faithful to rendering Jesus as God, in the Greek...as this is the most correct grammatically, as in the case of John 1.1....

Just look back a few posts and watch KR do the jitter bug as she gets the wind literally knocked out of her sails when she realizes that she has wrongly been using him as support for her jaded slant on the Greek.

Also...and most amusing...is to watch her lambast Bart when she discovered that he rendered John 1.1 exactly OPPOSITE of what she wanted.

First she called him every name in the book.

Now she is trying to cover for him.....pathetic JW...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not so, I believe that only the Father is uncreated, he is the only true God.

His spirit son is a created god, given the power of his Father.

The Holy Spirit I do not see as a person but as a force.

I have one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Yep, you believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That makes you a trinitarian. Good job for coming to your senses.

Apple7

Let's see how large I can make the excerpts from his book!

"One finds in the phrase 'the only begotten Son' (John 1:18, The Interlinear Bible/Hebrew, Greek & English) a phrase that affirms Christ's unique divine character, without stating that he is the one and only God himself, which not even verse 1 asserts, because 'god' lacks the article ."

The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture, Bart Ehrman, p. 113.

Even 21 years ago, Bart clearly told you that Jesus was God.

Learn.

To.

Read.

Now...21 years later, he used different verbage....much more vivid...much clearer....with absolutely NO wiggle room whatsoever....and you can't deal with it.

We already witnessed that you immediately called me names....and Bart too...when I brought it to your attention.

Then you disappeared to lick your wounds.

Can we say...bulls-eye-hit...?

I think we can.

Poor...poor pathetic JW....

Apple7

Folks,

Take another gander at how a typical 'sweet' JW takes news that Dr. Ehrman does NOT support her NWT...

I have his book, The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture. YOU are stinkin ignorant, dog. I read in his book that he said that John 1:1 does not say that Jesus is God, because "the word was god" does not have an article" the way "and the word was with the god" does. Page 113. In black and white!

If he is saying something else now, he has reverted back to the dark ages. I call that a major job of WAFFLING! Shame on him. No backbone. He said, "what one does find in the phrase 'the only-begotten Son' is a phrase that affirms Christ's unique divine character, without stating that he is the one and only God himself (which not even verse 1 asserts, because 'god' lacks the article)." BOOM. BANG. BAM. OWNED. GO LOOK IT UP IN HIS BOOK! I gave you the page number.

Just look at how quickly she turns to rage as her reply.

Just look at how her demon pops-out and is ready for battle!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Folks,

Take another gander at how a typical 'sweet' JW takes news that Dr. Ehrman does NOT support her NWT...

Just look at how quickly she turns to rage as her reply.

Just look at how her demon pops-out and is ready for battle!

A very stunning display of demonic possession.

JosephR

I didn't have to read it over and over. keypurr and you need to.

JosephR, I noticed a long time ago that you're kind of guy that like to appear "smart" before the crowd. Get over yourself and grow up.

I dont care what you think I am or try to do. I am pointing out the logic of "keep reading it till it means what I say" is a dangerous one indeed.My statement holds true.

I however am not un teachable, and I admit and my personal stance on this day and moment is agnostic. I JUST DONT KNOW... but I do know doctrines that have to be read over and over is called brainwashing,and it happens daily in the world.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I dont care what you think I am or try to do. I am pointing out the logic of "keep reading it till it means what I say" is a dangerous one indeed.My statement holds true.

I however am not un teachable, and I admit and my personal stance on this day and moment is agnostic. I JUST DONT KNOW... but I do know doctrines that have to be read over and over is called brainwashing,and it happens daily in the world.

You're going back and forth huh?

KingdomRose

Its not my sig...

Dr. Bart Ehrman (Bart for short) is a world renown NT scholar that JW's, like KR, like to use because they think that he supports their NWT translation.

Fact is...he does not.

He doesn't even know what their position is....nor does he care.

Bart is actually a self-proclaimed atheist...even though he remains faithful to rendering Jesus as God, in the Greek...as this is the most correct grammatically, as in the case of John 1.1....

Just look back a few posts and watch KR do the jitter bug as she gets the wind literally knocked out of her sails when she realizes that she has wrongly been using him as support for her jaded slant on the Greek.

Also...and most amusing...is to watch her lambast Bart when she discovered that he rendered John 1.1 exactly OPPOSITE of what she wanted.

First she called him every name in the book.

Now she is trying to cover for him.....pathetic JW...

JWs don't all "use" Bart Ehrman to prove our points. I have been the only one online or in face-to-face discussions that brings up Ehrman's POV. Probably most JWs aren't familiar with Prof. Ehrman.

His book The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture does agree with the NWT in many ways, but his later books cause me to question his position now. He clearly said that Jesus was not proven to be God Almighty in John 1:1 "because 'god' [in "god was the word"] LACKS THE ARTICLE." This is according to the rules of translating Greek into English. This is clear on page 113 of the book.

I don't see how I was "wrongly" presenting what Ehrman said that backed up my point. He actually said what I have been quoting from him.

I am trying to communicate with him to ask him what he really thinks, and why he changed his mind, if indeed he did.

:confused: