The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

As the famous and humble John W would allude to, I also allude to it, being perhaps a spirit of a different type that you're thinking of. It's just an expression though, and does not mean that I think you are a drunk. I do think you're objectively mistaken in what you teach here though.

At first, I would agree with you, it is heavy to accept. But my failure to disprove it only makes my faith stronger.

I do not drink, never cared for the stuff. I get high on God and his son.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

I think your mind has altered with age, not by the Holy Spirit.

Keypurr, How do you answer Euthyphro's Dilemma? How does any other monotheistic religion (That's one God (singular) or god, and not multiple gods or the Trinity) even begin to answer it?

Specifically, this iteration:

"It is generally agreed that whatever God wills is good and just. But there remains the question whether it is good and just because God wills it or whether God wills it because it is good and just; in other words, whether justice and goodness are arbitrary or whether they belong to the necessary and eternal truths about the nature of things."

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

There are a lot of unknowables in life.

How would you know if my mind was not altered by the Holy Spirit?

I am blesses with a mind that can reason, my IQ is 134, which means I can see more than most. My education level is only some college, but my years of study have paid off. I do forget where the verses are but I remember the intent of them.

To believe that Christ came down to save a wretch like me has got to come from the Holy Spirit.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I am blesses with a mind that can reason, my IQ is 134, which means I can see more than most. My education level is only some college, but my years of study have paid off. I do forget where the verses are but I remember the intent of them.

To believe that Christ came down to save a wretch like me has got to come from the Holy Spirit.
With an IQ of 134, I would expect at least an attempt to answer Euthyphro's Dilemma...

Just give it your best shot.

keypurr

I know that, I'm exercising that right right now. You also have that right, and the Church teaches that the freedom of religion is a critical civil liberty, and for society to protect religious liberty at great-or-all cost. Do you find that in Scripture? The Church was then guerilla and now she can live openly, because of the human right to religious liberty.

We can still be friends Nihilo. I respect you as a caring person who loves his God.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And what does Jesus mean? God saves! Ironic isn't it?

keypurr

I think your mind has altered with age, not by the Holy Spirit.

Keypurr, How do you answer Euthyphro's Dilemma? How does any other monotheistic religion (That's one God (singular) or god, and not multiple gods or the Trinity) even begin to answer it?

Specifically, this iteration:

"It is generally agreed that whatever God wills is good and just. But there remains the question whether it is good and just because God wills it or whether God wills it because it is good and just; in other words, whether justice and goodness are arbitrary or whether they belong to the necessary and eternal truths about the nature of things."

You understand that good is good and that is is all that counts. Why would the origin of good be of interest when good is the achievement. Most would just consider the good itself and formulate their own conclusions on the origin.

Who came first, the chicken or the egg?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not true, Jesus did not impregnate his mom.

C'mon man. That's just not right. Unacceptable.
That's not what I said at all. I said he took upon himself the form of a man.

Phillipians 2:5-8
"5*Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,*6*who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,*7*but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant,*and*coming in the likeness of men.*8*And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to*the point of*death, even the death of the cross."

The Holy Spirit is the one who causes Mary to be pregnant. Not Jesus, not God the Father. The Holy Spirit.

Where does it say Jesus was a spirit that became a man?

See above.

keypurr

That's not what I said at all. I said he took upon himself the form of a man.

Phillipians 2:5-8
"5*Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,*6*who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,*7*but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant,*and*coming in the likeness of men.*8*And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to*the point of*death, even the death of the cross."

The Holy Spirit is the one who causes Mary to be pregnant. Not Jesus, not God the Father. The Holy Spirit.

See above.

It speaks of what was IN Jesus Christ.

Do you see the IN ?

What do you think that IN is?

I think it is the express image of Heb 1:3, a spirit son, logos.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app