The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

6days

Luke 23:42 "Then he said to Jesus, 'Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.'"

Short and sweet. It's a person's attitude that counts.
I think that's true. The thief on the cross was not concerned with theology of things such as predestination. He simply knew that Jesus was His Savior. I don't know if the thief realized that his Lord and Savior, the Messiah, was also his Creator

Rosenritter

The point I am trying to show you is it is the express image, the spirit son that is first and last. Jesus did not exist until he was born. Christ spoke through Jesus. Your not really understanding what I am trying to tell you. God created all through his first creation the express image, a spirit.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
Jesus said you were wrong in exact words and you just sloughed it. Have you no conscience?

Rev 22:13-16 KJV
(13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Oh? Where is that in the Scriptures? I haven't run across it.
Genesis actually. And Chronicles.

1 Chronicles 1:1-4 KJV
Adam, Sheth, Enosh, [2] Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered, [3] Henoch, Methuselah, Lamech, [4] Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

The Hebrew names have meanings. Read the first ten names in a row and it says something interesting. Some of the name meanings are already explained for you if you pay attention in Genesis.

marhig

If you don't understand or believe the Trinity you do not understand the nature of God. There are allusions to the Trinity throughout scripture. Why do you disregard what scripture says.

And why do you disregard Jesus when he says the that God is his God? And the apostles also, when they say that God is the God of our lord Jesus Christ? Why should I believe you and others when there is no God the son in the Bible? No trinity? There is only God the father, I'm believing the scriptures, you're believing men's interpretations from 300 years after the birth of Jesus when they worked out a duality then decided to add the holy ghost and make the trinity. You're telling me that I should believe things that aren't in the Bible.

marhig

The question is not what you are called - rather, how you worship The God of the Holy Bible.

Only those that worship the Triune Name of God are saved.

And those who belong to God worship him in spirit and in truth. They walk in and live by the spirit, and they bare witness to the truth, they deny their flesh, obey God, and bring Christ who lives through them to others.

Those who are saved are those with the indwelling spirit in the heart and he is saving them by helping them, through Christ, to overcome Satan daily. And if we endure to the end then we have the hope of eternal salvation.

If you believe that only those who believe in a triune God are saved, then not only are you very judgemental, but you are also very wrong, because Jesus said that eternal life is to believe in the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent. And that's exactly what I believe in.

We can't judge who will or won't be saved, only God can do that. And you're not God, so I'd save the judging for him if I were you, because as you judge, then you're being judged also, and those people you are judging could love God with their whole hearts and be living a life to please him.

Last edited:

marhig

Uh....... So you reject virtually all the translation teams? What translation are you using?
NIV
But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God,
New Living Translation
But to the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, English Standard Version
But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
Berean Study Bible
But about the Son He says: "Your throne, O God,Berean Literal Bible
But unto the Son: "Your throne, O God, is to the age of the age, and the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
New American Standard Bible
But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD,
King James Bible
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God,
Holman Christian Standard Bible
but to the Son: Your throne, God,
International Standard Version
But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God,
NET Bible
but of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God,
New Heart English Bible
But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God,
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But concerning The Son, he said, “Your throne, oh God,
GOD'S WORD® Translation
But God said about his Son, "Your throne, O God,
New American Standard 1977
But of the Son He says, “THY THRONE, O GOD,
Jubilee Bible 2000
But unto the Son he said, Thy throne, O God,
King James 2000 Bible
But unto the Son he says, Your throne, O God,

ETC ETC....
The Son is God

What about Hebrews 1:9? What does your translation say about that?

The son isn't God, it doesn't say that in the Bible, he is the son of God, and Jesus calls himself this also!

marhig

It doesn't. But hopefully a new Christian studying the Bible would soon realize that Jesus is the Creator who humbled Himself becoming a man, in order to be our Mediator.

Or they could see that that Jesus calls God his God also?

6days

What about Hebrews 1:9? What does your translation say about that?

The son isn't God, it doesn't say that in the Bible, he is the son of God, and Jesus calls himself this also!
YEs... Jesus is the Son of God. Do you think that Jesus is a son in a genetic sense? No.... Son of God is used as a title, not that Jesus is really a son. We can use other scripture to see this is true. That title helps us understand the relationship.

marhig

YEs... Jesus is the Son of God. Do you think that Jesus is a son in a genetic sense? No.... Son of God is used as a title, not that Jesus is really a son. We can use other scripture to see this is true. That title helps us understand the relationship.
Can you show me verse with the words God the son in the Bible please?

6days

Can you show me verse with the words God the son in the Bible please?
You can create many phrases and titles not found in the Bible. It does not negate the fact that scripture shows Jesus has every attribute the Father has (omnipresence, omniscience etc). Jesus is the mighty God.

marhig

Of course!! Jesus was fully human as you and I are. He was also the Creator who humbled Himself becoming a man, in order to be our Mediator.

Jesus was human yes, at least you believe that, so if Jesus was fully human, do your believe that he had the ability to sin?

He clearly said he's going to his God, God is the God of Jesus also, just as Jesus himself said, and the apostles say this also.

Jesus did become our Mediator to bring God who was in fullness through the spirit in him to us and reconcile us to God, but this doesn't make him God.

marhig

You can create many phrases and titles not found in the Bible. It does not negate the fact that scripture shows Jesus has every attribute the Father has (omnipresence, omniscience etc). Jesus is the mighty God.
So you can't show me then? Then you can't expect me to believe it if its not in the Bible!

lifeisgood

Show me.
My Aramaic English New Testament disagrees with you.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

When I presented you with the Aramaic English in response to something you assert, contradicting your own assertion of what you say it says, you rejected your own 'preferred' Aramaic English.

Please, stop saying you believe what the Aramaic English says, because you don't.

You, keypurr, having had the Truth with you for many years, volitionally and knowingly and UNbiblically, rejected it for THE LIE that came to you all of a sudden, out of the blue, when you were not looking for it and embraced THE LIE line, hook, and sinker.

The thief cometh not but to steal and kill and destroy (Jn. 10:10). That is what you have allowed this angel of darkness do to you, keypurr, move you away from the Truth and embrace THE LIE which you now preach as your new banner of your faith that no one else in the world has.

You are serving a twice possessed god of your own making and that is frighteningly sad.

There is still time, keypurr, for you to come back to Him and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary. He is waiting for you to come back to Him with His arms wide open.