The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Yes, it does.

Jesus (who was/is/always will be God, also known as the Word) was sent by the Father (who was/is/always will be God), became flesh and dwelt among us. At 30 years old, He (Jesus) was baptised by John the Baptist, and the Father said Jesus was His (the Father's) Son, in Whom (Jesus) He (the Father) was well pleased, as the Holy Spirit (who was/is/always will be God) alighted upon Him (Jesus).

Did I miss anything?

You tell me.

Is that the same as

"Nope, it was the Son that became flesh.

Nope, He sent the Son.

Not what scripture says.

Scripture says the Father sent the Son."

Yet you argue that they aren't the same while saying they are the same.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
And what about the Holy Spirit that everyone keeps leaving out when they say similar to what you have just stated?

The Holy Spirit is a person if that entity can be lied to.

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

The Holy Spirit is a person if that entity can choose to verbally communicate and instruct.

Act_8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

The Holy Spirit is a person if that entity can be grieved.

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

The Holy Spirit is a person if that entity can choose to verbally communicate and instruct.

Act_8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Exactly.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What?

What's urantia? Just curious

According to the Urantia Book, Urantia is the name of this planet.
The book claims to be a revelation of what things really are regarding reality, the life of Christ, the true history of this existence, purpose of existence, etc. It claims that we all need a spiritual 'thought adjuster' to understand these things.
It's just one more product of demonically inspired human imagination.

It allegedly was put together by some Seventh Day Adventists related to the Kelloggs.

"Kay-E-double L- O- double G... Kellogg's best to you!"

I read through it in the '70s, just before I became a Christian. I rejected it outright in favor of the truth of the Bible.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe in the trinity, just not that the man Jesus was corternal with GOD in physical form as a person prior to ever being made a body as a person.

the Word

Philippians 2:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you're just going to post new age cult nonsense...

8296e7f56dc44a31370c1caaa330b886.gif

@Sherman

Smells like looks like more Urantia nonsense to me.

Zeke

If you're just going to post new age cult nonsense...

8296e7f56dc44a31370c1caaa330b886.gif

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

OK judge wrongly, but I will keep trying to wake up the slaves Galatians 4:1, even a Saul like you might even feel some pricks in that religious armor you parade around with, how many crows have you heard?.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe in the trinity, just not that the man Jesus was corternal with GOD in physical form as a person prior to ever being made a body as a person.

the Word

Trinitarian doctrine does not teach that the man Jesus was coeternal with GOD in a physical form.
The Word, which is GOD, did exist with GOD coeternal, however, and that Word which is GOD added to Himself a human body and nature with the name Jesus.

The man Jesus had His beginning at the conception in the womb of Mary, though His 'person/mind' was GOD from all eternity.

We define 'person' as a spiritual entity having self-consciousness. The body is not the person but only a tabernacle/tent/house with which the spiritual person/mind functions in this physical world. The body is a vehicle. A person is a thinking entity whether bodiless or embodied.

popsthebuilder

Oh.....

(I thought those people lied to themselves and the Holy Spirit that filled them.)

Acts 4: 31. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. 32. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. 33. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

(The Spirit communicates directly, not through an outside person.)

Acts 7: 55. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

(Only two people in the following, yet the Spirit communicates to St. Phillip)

Acts 8: 5. Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7. For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. 8. And there was great joy in that city. 12. But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done. 14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19. Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. 20. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. 23. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. 24. Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me. 27. And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28. Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 29. Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

Ephesians 3: 16. That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17.

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

( Notice no mention of a mystery or outer person)

20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 4: 1. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 17. This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18. Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20. But ye have not so learned Christ; 21. If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27. Neither give place to the devil. 28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

(Yeah, sorry; absolutely nothing about the Holy Spirit being an outer person.

You'll have to do a whole lot better than that friend.)

Last edited: