The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I take Paul to mean exactly what he says.

No, I have one body. It will disintegrate in the grave if the Lord tarries. That same body will be restored in the resurrection.

But that is beside the point.
The point is that you are saying that the Lord Jesus has two bodies, and.... that's a big problem.

You are the one who went against me and said one's body needs to disintegrate first. hahahahaha

I said that my body will go to the grave and disintegrate.... if the Lord tarries.

Which implies that if He doesn't tarry and He comes for the Body of Christ before I die, then my body won't disintegrate and I will be alive at the moment that I am changed in the twinkling of an eye.

How about actually reading what you direct your eyes at to read.

And... what happened to the Lord Jesus earthly body?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was it not changed and made incorruptible?

Surely flesh does decay doesn't it?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Acts 2:26-32 New International Version (NIV)

26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest in hope,
27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
you will not let your holy one see decay.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.’[a]
29 “Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30 But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.

God's Truth

Wait.....both the father and son are too separate persons to the trinitarians; so that is a total of three spirits and three bodies.....

Uhoh

Haaaaa They say that the Father is not a Spirit but a Person without a body. They say Jesus is a Person with a body and a human spirit that is not a divine spirit; and the Holy Spirit is a Person without a body but is the proxy Spirit for the Father and Son.

So that makes one body; two SPIRITS, a Divine Spirit and a second spirit of a man; and an unknown entity for the Father whose essence is just 'God', but not God the Father on His own because he needs the two other Persons to be called 'God'.

In case you attempt to try to make sense out of that, remember---they are completely different and separate.

popsthebuilder

Is GOD all capitalized now our english equivalent of Elohim?

Just lookin' for a little clarification.
When I put it is all caps it indeed means the One Creator GOD of all existence; GOD almighty.

If I put Lord or God not in all caps then I am denoting our Lord as man walking the Earth specifically.

Just for clarification on my little part.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Was it not changed and made incorruptible?

Surely flesh does decay doesn't it?

Yes, it was changed, but still was flesh and bone.

The flesh inherited from Adam decays and must be changed. It's still flesh but changed.

The point is, GT claims Christ took on a body in heaven that she claims He had before His incarnation.

Based on her claim, I want to know if she believes that Christ now has two bodies or that the earthly body was disposed of in some way and if He now dwells only in the pre-incarnate body.

popsthebuilder

The flesh inherited from Adam decays and must be changed. It's still flesh but changed.

The point is, GT claims Christ took on a body in heaven that she claims He had before His incarnation.

Based on her claim, I want to know if she believes that Christ now has two bodies or that the earthly body was disposed of in some way and if He now dwells only in the pre-incarnate body.
He was changed.

He took on the form of man( changed), and then changed back to the Word without the form of a man I would think.

I am not claiming that is wholly scriptural because I am not certain on that particular point.

God's Truth

I said that my body will go to the grave and disintegrate.... if the Lord tarries.

Which implies that if He doesn't tarry and He comes for the Body of Christ before I die, then my body won't disintegrate and I will be alive at the moment that I am changed in the twinkling of an eye.

How about actually reading what you direct your eyes at to read.

And... what happened to the Lord Jesus earthly body?

You said I said Jesus had two bodies because one did not disintegrate.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Don't hold your breath waiting for any coherent answer from GT.
You'll get a dozen replies, but no coherent answer.

popsthebuilder

Why are you so hung up about the term "person"?
Even angels (spirit beings) can be referred to as persons.
One does not have to be a flesh and blood human to be referred to a person.
Wake up, doofus!
Show respect to our Lord GOD who is not merely a person or three separate persons who combine forces to become GOD.

that is why I get hung up on it.

Check scripture; it is called idolatry and polytheistic doctrine.

popsthebuilder

Wake up, doofus!
And no, angels can be mistaken for humans.

I wouldnt consider them limited to the capacities of a human or person either though.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wake up, doofus!

Right, a person is a 'mind' capable of self-consciousness and self-determination.
A person is capable of love, creativity, verbal communication with himself and with others.
Some persons dwell in tabernacles/physical bodies. Others don't.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show respect to our Lord GOD who is not merely a person or three separate persons who combine forces to become GOD.

Matthew 28:19 New International Version (NIV)

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Explain it!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Respect is shown to GOD when one believes what He has revealed about Himself first of all.

Trinitarianism is not polytheistic. Arianism is.

And any form of modalism is just plain dumb.

popsthebuilder

Right, a person is a 'mind' capable of self-consciousness and self-determination.
A person is capable of love, creativity, verbal communication with himself and with others.
Some persons dwell in tabernacles/physical bodies. Others don't.
People have bodies and are created or formed.

Was GOD created?