ECT The Throne of David

Lon

What does that have to do with verbal abuse? We are here to debate scripture, not call names.
:think:
You might want to actually OBEY scripture where it says be meek as a dove etc. Do you know what a hypocrite is because that is exactly how you act ?
:think: Neither abusive nor name calling.... :nono:
Hello ! Remember this ? God gives grace to the humble and resist the proud ?

All you display is pride as in I am right and EVERYONE else is wrong NOW walk the plank.

Hey, if you do not have time for Satan's little helpers remarks you might want to keep quite then.
:think: Neither abusive nor name calling.... :nono: You actually called a name in his quote of you though :noway:
If got questions answers what I am addressing and has the appropriate scripture why not ?

I know everyone according to you is supposed to ask you what to believe right ? That would not work out very well for who ever asks you anything you appear to be thoroughly confused and confrontational most of the time.

There is no correcting folks who aren't trying to learn who think they know it all as you do.
:think: Neither abusive nor name calling.... :nono:

You are going to have to find me name-calling and abuse. I see you name-calling. Sometimes you attribute things like 'cat lady' or 'bag lady' to people that never did say it to you. You have accused me of this a number of times. I have never called you a name. You don't seem to keep good track of who is who but rather treat us all the same way and bin us all together as name-callers and abusers.

Are you SURE Dodge called you a name or was abusive? Wasn't he always rather saying your scripture understanding is wrong and your teaching is false? Did he ever call you a name? You'd have to find either for me. I didn't find it. :idunno:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What relationship do you have with Jesus Christ?

Is He your God (Yahveh) or your Brother?

LA
Yes.

John 20:28

Matthew 12:50 Hebrews 2:11

Me too!

I'll be Goose. No worries.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lon

Lon

ECT section btw. You cannot debate the trinity in this section. You can ask questions and make non-combative comment without being removed from this section or thread.

Interplanner

From the very beginning the throne of David and the Davidic kingdom were both earthly in nature, as witnessed by the following words:

"Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly" (1 Ki. 2:12).​

Solomon sat upon the throne of David on the earth and his kingdom which was established was one which was earthly.Now let us look at the Lord's promises made to David in regard to that throne and kingdom:

"I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever...And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever" (2 Sam.7:12-13).​

Since the throne and the kingdom were both "earthly" in nature then we can know that God established the earthly throne and the earthly kingdom FOR EVER. God also said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

Some say that God did "alter" His promise to David because the "throne of David" was changed from an earthly throne into a heavenly one.

According to them God did lie when He promised David that He would not "alter" his promises because the teaching of some Christians is based on the idea that God changed the throne from an earthly one into a heavenly one.

Here the Lord Jesus speaks of sitting upon His throne when He returns to the earth:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

Yes it sounds all right and proper until you know the clincher exchange Jesus had with the leaders of Judaism: 'if Christ calls him Lord, how can he be the 'son of David' in the usual descendancy sense.' and then the Acts 2 text plainly says that Christ is on the throne anticipated by David. Two strikes.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes it sounds all right and proper until you know the clincher exchange Jesus had with the leaders of Judaism: 'if Christ calls him Lord, how can he be the 'son of David' in the usual descendancy sense.' and then the Acts 2 text plainly says that Christ is on the throne anticipated by David. Two strikes.

Acts 2 does not say that Christ is on the throne anticipated by David.

It says that Christ would be raised 'to sit' on David's throne.
David's throne is defined clearly throughout scripture and it's on this earth Jerusalem over the twelve tribes in the land and takes place when GOD restores the Kingdom to Israel.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

What Acts 2 does plainly say is that Christ is presently seated at GOD's right hand 'until'....

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Typically, you are reading something into the text which is not there.

Interplanner

David's throne is defined clearly throughout scripture and it's on this earth Jerusalem over the twelve tribes in the land and takes place when GOD restores the Kingdom to Israel.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

What Acts 2 does plainly say is that Christ is presently seated at GOD's right hand 'until'....

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Not at all. I'm just not doing D'ism, which thinks Judaism gets another round. The passage says it is not David who went up on his 'eternal' throne; it was Christ. Why would he say that if it wasn't David's throne (the foreseen one in the verse before) that was meant?

Once again, you refuse with most d'ists to see/say what is actually there.

What sense would it make right there to start talking about something that was going to happen in or to Judaism which had just rejected Christ. Instead he is saying the resurrection is the enthronement, just like the magnificent passage of eph 1 says, and then says the same power is at work.

There is no need to have Judaism have another 'round' and it is not going to happen. There is no sense in the NT that some HUGE aspect of Messiah is missing, because they knew Dan 9 and they knew the country was going to be decimated without ever mentioning a restoration of the country and the worship system as such. it was instead 'set aside' Heb 10:9.

Stop doing D'ism and just let the passage speak what it wants to.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Excellent.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father's throne existed long before David's throne was established therefore David's throne does not equal the Father's throne, though GOD is sovereign over both.

The throne of David:

2Sa_3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.
2Sa_7:13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
2Sa_7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

Solomon ruled from the throne of David.
Where was it? In heaven?
No, in earthly Jerusalem.

1Ki_2:12 Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

The LORD's throne:

Psa_11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

Psa_93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

The LORD's throne was established long before David's throne.
Did David ever rule from the LORD's throne in heaven?
No.
Can the LORD's throne in heaven justifiably be called David's throne.
No, David's throne was established on earth over the twelve tribes from Dan to Beersheba in the promised land.

Psa_103:19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

If the LORD's throne in the heavens is equivalent to David's throne then that must mean that David ruled not only the twelve tribes but he must have ruled over all creation, as well. :nono:

Yet, the LORD has promised David again and again:

Psa 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
Psa 132:12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

GOD spoke through Gabriel to Mary:

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I find no justification to change the meaning of terms plainly laid out in Scripture.
Others somehow believe that they have justification.
I would like them to demonstrate for us their justification to freely tinker with the inspired Scripture.

Interplanner

The Father's throne existed long before David's throne was established therefore David's throne does not equal the Father's throne, though GOD is sovereign over both.

The throne of David:

2Sa_3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.
2Sa_7:13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
2Sa_7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

Where was it? In heaven?

1Ki_2:12 Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

The LORD's throne:

Psa_11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

No.
No, David's throne was established on earth over the twelve tribes from Dan to Beersheba in the promised land.

Psa_103:19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

If the LORD's throne in the heavens is equivalent to David's throne then that must mean that David ruled not only the twelve tribes but he must have ruled over all creation, as well. :nono:

Psa 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
Psa 132:12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I find no justification to change the meaning of terms plainly laid out in Scripture.
I would like them to demonstrate for us.

The whole structure of the NT is to move on past what was there in Judaism: temples, worship, rituals, etc etc etc. They don't matter any more. They are shadow; Christ is reality. Yes, the early Luke songs mention the throne of David because it is 'new' in Christ in Acts 2:31. Why do quote one you 'like' (Luke) and not the other? (Acts)

Dan 9: the answer to the prayer for the restoration is that the nation will be ruined in the destruction of Jerusalem, but what Messiah does succeeds! (the mission).

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The whole structure of the NT is to move on past what was there in Judaism: temples, worship, rituals, etc etc etc. They don't matter any more. They are shadow; Christ is reality. Yes, the early Luke songs mention the throne of David because it is 'new' in Christ in Acts 2:31. Why do quote one you 'like' (Luke) and not the other? (Acts)

Dan 9: the answer to the prayer for the restoration is that the nation will be ruined in the destruction of Jerusalem, but what Messiah does succeeds! (the mission).

:down:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The throne of David:

Where was it? In heaven?

The LORD's throne:

No.

I would like them to demonstrate for us their justification to freely tinker with the inspired Scripture.
BRAVO!
It is written.

Interplanner

BRAVO!
It is written.

The bravo would be that it is fulfilled in Christ. Go back to the shortest summary of Acts 5:29+ and you'll see that Christ is exalted, is Prince, is Savior, is at the right hand (Ps 110), is dispensing forgiveness, and pouring out his Spirit to witness this even further.

You know nothing about what was supposed to happen or how. There are longer passages, but this one puts everything stated in the above OT and Lukan songs into fulfilled status, as was the intention of the apostles teaching.

They are exulting in the total fulfillment of these things even though the land (city and sanctuary) will get destroyed as Dan 9 said.