The Spiritually Dead

Right Divider

Body part
I have plenty of scripture. You just don't believe them.
We both have an entire Bible full of scripture.
You refuse to do what you want others to do... support your CLAIMS WITH SCRIPTURE.
Stop being a hypocrite and support your claims with scripture.
Everyone is of infinite value to God, because Jesus shed his blood for them, therefore everyone should be treated with respect, even the unsaved.
Another non-sequitur.

Derf

What you’re saying is that as long as scripture doesn’t specifically deny something, then that something is true.

What @Right Divider is saying is that if scripture doesn’t specifically support something, that something may be false.

Here’s an example: “pink elephants can fly.”

With your model, it must be true, because scripture doesn’t tell us pink elephants can’t fly. With RD’s model, it might be false, because scripture has nothing to say about it.

Who do you think has the better model?
Keep in mind, @Robert Pate, that I disagree with @Right Divider on a number of things. I don’t think his style is any more or less childish than yours. But if you use the absence of evidence as positive affirmation, there’s no way you’ll end up with proper doctrine. Even in disagreement, I can see RD trying to do that. I see you start off that way, but then you quickly devolve into false, unsupported statements. If you can’t support your statements, don’t expect others to need scripture to refute them.

Robert Pate

Banned
Keep in mind, @Robert Pate, that I disagree with @Right Divider on a number of things. I don’t think his style is any more or less childish than yours. But if you use the absence of evidence as positive affirmation, there’s no way you’ll end up with proper doctrine. Even in disagreement, I can see RD trying to do that. I see you start off that way, but then you quickly devolve into false, unsupported statements. If you can’t support your statements, don’t expect others to need scripture to refute them.
We don't have all of the answers. Like Paul said, "We see through a glass dimly". If you need positive affirmation on everything in the Bible you are not living by faith. Christianity is a faith religion. I judge everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel". In the Gospel, Jesus has provided salvation for everyone. In the Gospel, salvation is by grace through faith, without the works of the law (religion). In the Gospel, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us and the world unto God. We are complete in him. There are a lot of professing Christians on these Forums that are not Christians. John said, "Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1. Can't see much of God's Spirit on this Forum.

I have been studying the Bible for over 50 years.

Derf

We don't have all of the answers. Like Paul said, "We see through a glass dimly". If you need positive affirmation on everything in the Bible you are not living by faith. Christianity is a faith religion. I judge everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel". In the Gospel, Jesus has provided salvation for everyone. In the Gospel, salvation is by grace through faith, without the works of the law (religion). In the Gospel, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us and the world unto God. We are complete in him. There are a lot of professing Christians on these Forums that are not Christians. John said, "Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1. Can't see much of God's Spirit on this Forum.

As have I. But we’re supposed to be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us. Where does this answer come from? How do you try the spirits? Aren’t both from the scriptures?

Right Divider

Body part
We don't have all of the answers.
Then perhaps you should stop making claims about what the Bible says that you cannot support with the Bible.
Like Paul said, "We see through a glass dimly". If you need positive affirmation on everything in the Bible you are not living by faith. Christianity is a faith religion. I judge everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel". In the Gospel, Jesus has provided salvation for everyone. In the Gospel, salvation is by grace through faith, without the works of the law (religion). In the Gospel, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us and the world unto God. We are complete in him. There are a lot of professing Christians on these Forums that are not Christians. John said, "Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1. Can't see much of God's Spirit on this Forum.
We certainly cannot see "God's Spirit" from you on this forum. You having been completely hypocritical and confused.
So proud... and yet you still make claims about the Bible that are not in the Bible.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Then perhaps you should stop making claims about what the Bible says that you cannot support with the Bible.

We certainly cannot see "God's Spirit" from you on this forum. You having been completely hypocritical and confused.

So proud... and yet you still make claims about the Bible that are not in the Bible.

All that you do is make false accusations. Why don't you name the false accusations and we will discuss them.

Robert Pate

Banned
As have I. But we’re supposed to be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us. Where does this answer come from? How do you try the spirits? Aren’t both from the scriptures?

My ministry is Jesus Christ and his Gospel and all that it calls into question. The Gospel calls all doctrine and religious thought into question. This is why I am not very popular. I try everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. Only about 10% of professing Christian know and understand the Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
Never once have I falsely accused you. That is yet another of YOUR false accusations.

Reread the thread, they are all still there.
I firmly stand behind all that I have said.

If you have a problem with what I have said, it is your responsibility to refute it with scripture.

Derf

My ministry is Jesus Christ and his Gospel and all that it calls into question. The Gospel calls all doctrine and religious thought into question. This is why I am not very popular. I try everything in the light of the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. Only about 10% of professing Christian know and understand the Gospel.
You mean some gospel you made up and stand by because the Bible doesn’t mention it positively or negatively? Like pink elephants flying?

Maybe you can refute flying pink elephants from scripture. Otherwise it must be part of the gospel, right?

Robert Pate

Banned
You mean some gospel you made up and stand by because the Bible doesn’t mention it positively or negatively? Like pink elephants flying?

Maybe you can refute flying pink elephants from scripture. Otherwise it must be part of the gospel, right?
Paul said, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it s the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16.

The fact that you don't know what this Gospel is should be a major concern for you, because Paul also said, "If our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost" 2 Corinthians 4:3.

Derf

Paul said, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it s the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" Romans 1:16.

The fact that you don't know what this Gospel is should be a major concern for you, because Paul also said, "If our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost" 2 Corinthians 4:3.
Then you agree that there are no flying pink elephants in the gospel—and you know that because scripture tells us nothing about flying pink elephants in the gospel. That’s great!

Now apply that same mode of thinking to your posts—and be careful not to add to scripture by saying Adam was indwelt with the spirit of Satan.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then you agree that there are no flying pink elephants in the gospel—and you know that because scripture tells us nothing about flying pink elephants in the gospel. That’s great!

Now apply that same mode of thinking to your posts—and be careful not to add to scripture by saying Adam was indwelt with the spirit of Satan.
Adam became a sinner. All sinners are indwelt with the Spirit of Satan. Adam's son Cain, inherited his fathers evil nature and murdered his brother Abel, Genesis 4:8. Abel was not indwelt with the Spirit of Satan, because he was a believer. All evil people that are full of the devil hate God's people.

Right Divider

Body part
Adam became a sinner. All sinners are indwelt with the Spirit of Satan.
Scripture please!
Adam's son Cain, inherited his fathers evil nature and murdered his brother Abel, Genesis 4:8. Abel was not indwelt with the Spirit of Satan, because he was a believer.
You just said that ALL SINNERS ARE INDWELT WITH THE SPIRIT OF SATAN.

Are you trying to claim that Abel was not a sinner? Before you said that all people sin. Remember ... none righteous?

Derf

Adam became a sinner. All sinners are indwelt with the Spirit of Satan. Adam's son Cain, inherited his fathers evil nature and murdered his brother Abel, Genesis 4:8. Abel was not indwelt with the Spirit of Satan, because he was a believer. All evil people that are full of the devil hate God's people.
And pink elephants can fly.

Robert Pate

Banned
Scripture please!

You just said that ALL SINNERS ARE INDWELT WITH THE SPIRIT OF SATAN.

Are you trying to claim that Abel was not a sinner? Before you said that all people sin. Remember ... none righteous?
Abel was a sinner, but not like Adam or Cain. All of God's people have the "First fruits of the Spirit" Romans 8:23. They are sinners and saints in one body.