The sons of God

OlDove

Is Adam a man, or a mankind. Was the Adam kind in existence in other parts of this world? If we are body and Spirit. Do we read how Spirit lives in flesh, or flesh in spirit? Is not each of us a soul?

OlDove

allsmiles said:
what i find interesting are the giants Joshua's spies found in Canaan.

is there a connection?
does it say giants are bad or this giants had an ego problem?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:

is there a connection?
I believe so, but for me it's basically an inference. I don't believe scripture actually makes any explicit connection.

elohiym

thelaqachisnext said:
The Book of Enoch is quoted extensively in the Scriiptures, in the Old and New Testaments. If you are familiar with it, then the mystery is removed of some of the quotes made by the men of old -Job, for instance.

Jesus Christ quoted extensively from Enoch, also, as did Peter and Paul, James, and Jude, and many more -even the demons quoted it when they were afraid Jesus would cast them "into the pit before the appointed time!". -Enoch was given the appointment time to tell them of. In fact; Enoch was written for the fallen angels and their offspring, in the main, who were the nephillim -from whom Goliath was descended as a son of Anak, who came of the nephillim.
Show me where Jesus quotes the Book of Enoch, and include a few other NT examples.

You cannot prove that the Book of Enoch isn't quoting the OT rather than the other way around.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
For a long time I have believed that the "sons of God" were in fact angels and that the "giants" were their offspring. Today when TB posted to me I began to reconsider because it wasn't anything I had thought much about. I am still on the "angel" side of it but right now my main question is that even though I do believe angels can take physical/bodily form, does that necessarily mean they can produce offspring with human women?
But in any case I think a stronger argument can be made that they were angels. I very strange belief, but there you go....

allsmiles

kmoney said:
I believe so, but for me it's basically an inference. I don't believe scripture actually makes any explicit connection.

it doesn't, and it would be impossible for it to do so without compromising the literal truth of the deluge account... of course the biblical deluge account is the only one on earth where there were no survivors except the heroes of the story... but once again in order for there to be a connection the biblical account would have to be...:shocked:... inaccurate!!!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:

is there a connection?

Genesis 6:4
There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, ...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
it doesn't, and it would be impossible for it to do so without compromising the literal truth of the deluge account... of course the biblical deluge account is the only one on earth where there were no survivors except the heroes of the story... but once again in order for there to be a connection the biblical account would have to be...:shocked:... inaccurate!!!
It wouldn't disprove anything. I'm not saying they survived the flood. I'm saying that it may have happened again after the flood.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Sometimes it's right there and I miss it! I just can't see for lookin :noid:

:up:

allsmiles

kmoney said:
It wouldn't disprove anything. I'm not saying they survived the flood. I'm saying that it may have happened again after the flood.

oh yes, i see :) but the bible would reference it the first time and not the second? i don't know about that. the best guess is that there was no connection between the giants unless the flood story is compromised.

OlDove

Nineveh said:
Do you by chance know if the root word implies big size. or physical only size. I am not knowledge on this. Can anyone share please?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
oh yes, i see :) but the bible would reference it the first time and not the second? i don't know about that. the best guess is that there was no connection between the giants unless the flood story is compromised.
Why must the bible explicitly say so again? Nineveh posted a verse saying that it happend later also. I guess the writer assumes the reader has a memory.

OlDove

kmoney said:
Why must the bible explicitly say so again? Nineveh posted a verse saying that it happend later also. I guess the writer assumes the reader has a memory.
MEMORY?

Can a person use that?

Better check the Bible.

allsmiles

kmoney said:

well then, if the giants that happened afterwards had any connection with the giants of Canaan, then the writer of Genesis couldn't have been Moses... but i don't know if you believe he was the writer to begin with.

it's possible that it happened again. whether it happened at all is the more important question to me, but i won't go there.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
well then, if the giants that happened afterwards had any connection with the giants of Canaan, then the writer of Genesis couldn't have been Moses... but i don't know if you believe he was the writer to begin with.

it's possible that it happened again. whether it happened at all is the more important question to me, but i won't go there.
I already said that I think the giants mentioned in Gen 6:4 are connected to the giants you mentioned. I don't follow you when you say that the writer couldn't have been Moses.

And why don't you "go there"? That's what this whole thread is about. :duh: