The sons of God

allsmiles

kmoney said:
I already said that I think the giants mentioned in Gen 6:4 are connected to the giants you mentioned. I don't follow you when you say that the writer couldn't have been Moses.

Genesis 6:4
There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward...

is the "afterward" a reference to the giants discovered in Canaan? if it is, Moses had already been long dead at that point and couldn't have known about the giants found afterwards unless

a) the afterward doesn't refer to the giants discovered in Canaan or

b) Genesis wasn't written until long after Moses died (and the rest of the Pentateuch follows)

And why don't you "go there"? That's what this whole thread is about. :duh:

i'm not opening a big enough can of worms by questioning the authorship of the first five books of the bible?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
is the "afterward" a reference to the giants discovered in Canaan? if it is, Moses had already been long dead at that point and couldn't have known about the giants found afterwards unless

a) the afterward doesn't refer to the giants discovered in Canaan or

b) Genesis wasn't written until long after Moses died (and the rest of the Pentateuch follows)
Num 13:30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
Num 13:31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.
Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.​

i'm not opening a big enough can of worms by questioning the authorship of the first five books of the bible?
Well yes, this is the EC forum so you aren't allowed to here.

OlDove

kmoney said:
Num 13:30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
Num 13:31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.
Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.​

they were to enter the land peacefully. And had they entered peacefully there would be peace in the Middle East right now. But they disobeyed God. Moses believed his spies rather than the Word of God

Nineveh

Merely Christian
allsmiles said:
oh yes, i see :) but the bible would reference it the first time and not the second? i don't know about that. the best guess is that there was no connection between the giants unless the flood story is compromised.

The Bible references nephilim before and after the flood:

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—...

Numbers 13:33
We saw the Nephilim there...

allsmiles

kmoney said:

Well yes, this is the EC forum so you aren't allowed to here.

okay, so i got my chronology of events mixed up, my bad :) i was working from memory and thought that the discovery of the giants wasn't until after Moses died.

thanks man.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
okay, so i got my chronology of events mixed up, my bad :) i was working from memory and thought that the discovery of the giants wasn't until after Moses died.

thanks man.
:cheers:

OlDove

allsmiles said:
yeah, 'cuz god knows i couldn't have opened a bible and found it for myself :chuckle:

:spam:
hey if you're not willing to admit that God wants you to listen to people in what his word means. And if you think using your own brain to read the word will get you a better knowledge or understanding. Well I pray everybody starts thinking that way. :banana:

allsmiles

OlDove said:
hey if you're not willing to admit that God wants you to listen to people in what his word means. And if you think using your own brain to read the word will get you a better knowledge or understanding. Well I pray everybody starts thinking that way. :banana:

this has nothing to do with a message from god, this has everything to do with me not remembering the way a story went properly. i forgot, Kmoney reminded me, your god didn't.

but this is EC so i'm sure someone will ask me to leave soon, so i'll take my leave :wave2:

OlDove

allsmiles said:
this has nothing to do with a message from god, this has everything to do with me not remembering the way a story went properly. i forgot, Kmoney reminded me, your god didn't.

but this is EC so i'm sure someone will ask me to leave soon, so i'll take my leave :wave2:
perhaps you read what you thought you would see. If you took what I said asking you to leave, then please understand I was not. Your idea to read and understand on your own was agreed with. That was not to imply you should leave. It is implied you should share your thoughts and not be bound by other people's thoughts

Letsargue

thelaqachisnext said:
If you go to the Scriptures for yourself [check the Hebrew], and see what they say -then you will see that the Scripture says the sons of God took wives of the daughters of" Adam".

Then; after you check the original wording for who the sons of God married, you might look up the word "Adam", in other passages, and see that each and every single human being is called "Adam": both male and female of our human race are called "Adam", singly and corporately, and person, male or female, is a 'multiplied person' 'in' Adam.

The 'daughters and sons' of Adam only refer to the seed multiplied from the first created human being who was called (named) Adam, by the Creator -Genesis 5:2.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when Adam [men] began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of Adam [men] that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Genesis 5:2 and Malachi 2:15 show that we are all one being, in our spirit; "human"; but singly, we are multiplied 'persons'; and multiplied from the seed placed in the first male, through the genetically changed, cloned [in a fashion], female :), according to the command to 'multiply' [our kind =Adam], given in Genesis 1:28; "And God blessed them [Adam, the male and female 'pair'], and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

So: there are 'persons' multiplied 'in' Adam; and some of the multiplied 'daughters in Adam'
were taken as wives by 'the sons of God' -and those angels were created to interact with mankind in the beginning, as 'watchers', Enoch said.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when [Hebrew] "Adam" began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them [born unto 'multiplied' Adam]..."

In Ezekiel 27:13; the word for men is also 'Adam', there, 'persons' [in-of] Adam were 'traded'.

So the sons of God -not the seed of Adam- took wives of the daughters of 'Adam' -not daughters of some 'men' in general, but daughters [of/in] Adam.

From the wording of Enoch, which original is lost, 'methinks' the fallen angels used a bit of cloning and genetic changing, themselves -a no-no!- to multiply their own 'spirit' beings through the female Adam persons they took as wives.

---I leave the Book the way it is, I don't need to change it to fit some nonsense that some fool teaches. The Book is Good enough. -- I understand it's never good enough for some of you fools. -- (GODS TERM).
-------------------Paul---

Letsargue

elohiym said:
It's too bad that Jude quotes the Book of Enoch. :(

Obviously, the book of Enoch is not inspired because we know that sin did not enter the world through fallen angels, but through Adam.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Are we to believe that the secrets of heaven are astrology and enchantments? That is what the plot of the Book of Enoch suggests.

The OT cannon was established at the time of Jesus, and the Book of Enoch was not part of it. I suggest that Christians stick to the OT canon included in the Bible.

---The Bible don't fit their doctrine, so they'll find proof anywhere they can, even if they have to make up something.
-----------------Paul---

Letsargue

elohiym said:
It's too bad that Jude quotes the Book of Enoch. :(

Obviously, the book of Enoch is not inspired because we know that sin did not enter the world through fallen angels, but through Adam.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Are we to believe that the secrets of heaven are astrology and enchantments? That is what the plot of the Book of Enoch suggests.

The OT cannon was established at the time of Jesus, and the Book of Enoch was not part of it. I suggest that Christians stick to the OT canon included in the Bible.

---Death reigned from Adam to Moses / Law. It was the Law that was the enmity between Satan and the Woman. It lasted until the death of Christ. Christ broke down the middle wall of partition that was between them, slaying the enmity thereby.
--------------Paul---

Letsargue

allsmiles said:
what i find interesting are the giants Joshua's spies found in Canaan.

is there a connection?

---There was never a Nation of Giants. There were Giants of several Nations, The Philistines for one. There's not enough information in the Bible to form a doctrine, but that won't stop some of you fools from teaching anything and everything the world wants to know about Giants in the land in those days.
----------------Paul---