The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqq

Sigh.

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

One can best understand this mystical union (together united in one distinguishable subsistence) by examining what it is not, thus from the process of elimination determine what it must be.

The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not:

1. a denial that our Lord was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that our Lord had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct subsistence in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct subsistences (often called persons) (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

The Chalcedonian Definition is one of the few statements that all of orthodox Christendom recognizes as the most faithful summary of the teachings of the Scriptures on the matter of the Incarnate Christ. The Chalcedonian Definition was the answer to the many heterodoxies identified above during the third century.

AMR

Too late, and once again your judgement means nothing in my house.
If only you would judge yourself, O man, you would not be headed for judgment. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Too late, and once again your judgement means nothing in my house.
If only you would judge yourself, O man, you would not be headed for judgment. :)

I do...

This is my point.

I still have thorns and brambles that confine me from fully helping others with there's. This dialogue and OP make a very clear statement in its name and content.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Sigh.

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

One can best understand this mystical union (together united in one distinguishable subsistence) by examining what it is not, thus from the process of elimination determine what it must be.

2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

The Chalcedonian Definition is one of the few statements that all of orthodox Christendom recognizes as the most faithful summary of the teachings of the Scriptures on the matter of the Incarnate Christ. The Chalcedonian Definition was the answer to the many heterodoxies identified above during the third century.

AMR

I paid you a compliment and closed my thread.

Daqq and I were just discussing this matter.

Our passions and perspectives were getting in the way of the big point!

We are unified in Jesus.

Why breath all these words of division?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION]

On this note...

I won't close this thread...

But... I want to express that there is one thing worse than doctrines of men. I can't wrench ideas from mankind, any more than mankind can wrench ideas from me.

On this thread... it is abundantly clear that accepting another person's written ideas as companion to Holy Writ is dangerous and dividing...

Now I will do my part in practicing what I preach...

"No" ism or doctrine is worth Christian Disunity. I will continue to raise a ruckus over many ideas... But... no matter our understanding... we all depend on the same grace to cleanse and guide us. If we could all disagree and continue to Love one another as Christ loved us... even outside of the "camp" of Christianity...

The Gospel would be unfettered and unstoppable. But we are all "human" and not "God", thus division is in our cards.

I may vehemently argue my perception... but in the end... we are all Loved and died for by Christ.

We are many members of one body. As I believe Christ literally died for all... I believe the wheat and Tares are comprised of ALL humanity...

This is why Love thy Neighbor and Mercy are the most important of all biblical Truth. If we can't find peace in our souls with one another, because of Jesus' sacrifice of Love... then we must YRY harder, PRAY harder and READ harder.

................ I will not declare victory in the slaying of Calvinism, but simply our collective victory in Jesus Crucified and Resurrected.

Calvinist
Mad
Catholic
Jehovah's Wittinesses
Open Theists
Agnostics
Atheists
All Religions

... I truely believe with all of my human heart and Spirit that Jesus is seriously our collective, undivided peace.

I now sit next to Job and acknowledge that ONLY God has all the answers.

Feel free to debate up a storm here, continue dialogue or otherwise...

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] thank you for all of your selfless assistance.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION] thank you for showing Love to me, despite my assault on your ism. You genuinely place Christ as your souls pride, thus everything else has become peace.

[MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION]... you're cantankerous and rough... but I still like you.

[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION]... I don't dislike you and I.. will... probably... always give you grief, but I know you are a Loving man who is passionate about Jesus, far more than you are about any Reformed teaching.

giphy.gif

Thread open for discussion, debate and spiritual battle...

But per OP author... OP assertion and final call are now subject to the words of this post.

Sigh.

AMR

Did you read the above?

daqq

Trinity: 1
Any other view, period: 0

Good stuff :chuckle:

Already proven false in "the Trinity" thread where your pal Lon was so devastated he had to lie about me and get me banned from posting in that thread. Getting people banned from posting in certain threads is not "winning" but rather "whining" like pretentious little brats. Cutting off someone's voice, (between the altar of the heart and the naos of the mind, just as your fathers did to Zechariah son of Berechiah), is likewise no different than slitting someone's throat in the kingdom of Elohim; for whosoever hates his brother is a murderer, and no murderer has life eternal dwelling in him, (1 John 3:15). :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Warnings of various heresies, is not division. It is protection of the spiritual health of the church.

I had shut this thread down.........

I have tried everything I could to be civilized...

The Spirit of Christian division is what this OP signified.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION],

Here is my counter to your counter of OP point 2.

2: Let no man teach you
Scripture for 2

Let's start with my initial post response:

Point 1: 1 John 2:27 Context:

- 1 John 2 is void of analogy or parable. This makes its verbiage "Literal".

This is crucial to my OP point. Within Context, 1 John 2:27 maintains its continuity and exact verbiage, without allowance for tampering or reassignment of intent and meaning.

Point one held factual via assertion of context.

Point 2: Manuscript Translation

I have provided an interlinear study link that reveals the original Greek of 1 John 2:27

In the link, the exact verbiage that demands we only lift up the Holy Spirits Authority in scripture is made of inflexible verbiage.

Point 2 held factual via lingual, manuscript analysis.

Point 3: Identification of [MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION]'s counter points

All employed conjecture, scripture and assertions within N42's counter argument serves to open Canon in a very slippery way.

The premise is that scripture can be difficult to fully understand, thus, it is ok to draw from the exegesis of "Godly" men to "assist" in this difficulty and generate doctrinal unity.

But... here comes the Mike Tyson KO...

Interpretation of Canon is a form of Prophesying.

This means that if one is going further than lingual exegesis or direct reassertion of scriptural intent... they are adding to Canon.

2 Peter 2:20

Jesus was the presence of GOD and Jesus was the true, final Prophet. Who but God can Prophesy for God? Even the apostles were direct extensions of the one on one teachings of Jesus. Paul was unique because He testified as one who communicated directly with the post ascension Yeshua/Jesus/God. But... make no mistake, these writings all link back to every recorded word of... The Living Word!

This means that canon is the final writings about God that take direct verbiage from the "Mouth" of God!

Hear Oh Israel... Dt. 6:4 + Jn. 5:39 + Jn. 10:30 drive this home!

God spoke through man and it is recorded in "Canon"... period!

Every word spoken about scripture (canon), or apart from scripture is "conjecture" of the human kind.

The instant an extra biblical person's words get printed and defined as a way to interpret "Canon", that person is officially declared a PROPHET!

Point 3 held factual via the assertion that N42 is attempting to interject reformed pioneer writings as Canonical lenses that are acceptable to interpret scripture with.

Point 4: Jesus is the final Prophet and Is God

Jesus is the very Spirit that indwells us. Unless you call the Holy Spirit an (Active Force... cough... blabobba witnesses), you know that God is One... (Let's spare the 40,000,000 ways to fight over what this means).

Jesus is the presence of God... Period! Trinitarian view leads to this as much as Modalism, or any other way of expressing the "Mystery" of the unity of God.

Now... the indwelling Comforter is our teacher too! But... the difference between good old TOL discussion fueled by our "spiritual" learning and Prophesy is simple.

If a person argues a point violently and assertively, but admits they are a fallible human being and NOT a prophet... it's cool!

But, if a person says... I'm 1000% correct and my word is as good as scripture... they have now declared them self a prophet... and... that's uncool.

Point 4 factually distinguishes between discussion and prophecy.

Final Point: Posthumous Prophets and High-stakes Gambling

Sometimes... extra canonical men and women, who write prolifically, become printed and utilized as an awesome way to interpret scripture.

If you love yourself and that prolific writer, it would be best to heed a tiny warning found in the close of cannon.

Rev. 22:19

Does anyone care to play Soul Russian Roulette with a 6 shooter loaded with 6 hollow points?

Enjoy fighting, fussing, discussing, praying over and generally pondering scripture with friends, family, loved ones and people you witness to......

But... for the love of God!... self... and your neighbor...

Let the extra canonical assertions go and quit trying to rewrite scripture through complex doctrines of men!

This concludes my first counter rebuttal to Nikolai_42

!!!Tally Update!!!

I think I'll Post a movie clip if this OP goes uncontested for 2 more days. We'll say the "Run" will occur at 12 PM on Friday.
[MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] is the final say in this matter

It's been up a while and despite hype... it is genuinely uncontested...

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION]... I know this seems like a false call...
But, to quote Douglas Adams...

Quote Source Link

""But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)

Tags: arthur-dent, bureaucracy, bypass, demolition, department, house, humour
like"

Death Star Run Friday at 12 PM

200w.gif

On this note...

I won't close this thread...

But... I want to express that there is one thing worse than doctrines of men. I can't wrench ideas from mankind, any more than mankind can wrench ideas from me.

On this thread... it is abundantly clear that accepting another person's written ideas as companion to Holy Writ is dangerous and dividing...

Now I will do my part in practicing what I preach...

"No" ism or doctrine is worth Christian Disunity. I will continue to raise a ruckus over many ideas... But... no matter our understanding... we all depend on the same grace to cleanse and guide us. If we could all disagree and continue to Love one another as Christ loved us... even outside of the "camp" of Christianity...

The Gospel would be unfettered and unstoppable. But we are all "human" and not "God", thus division is in our cards.

I may vehemently argue my perception... but in the end... we are all Loved and died for by Christ.

We are many members of one body. As I believe Christ literally died for all... I believe the wheat and Tares are comprised of ALL humanity...

This is why Love thy Neighbor and Mercy are the most important of all biblical Truth. If we can't find peace in our souls with one another, because of Jesus' sacrifice of Love... then we must YRY harder, PRAY harder and READ harder.

................ I will not declare victory in the slaying of Calvinism, but simply our collective victory in Jesus Crucified and Resurrected.

Calvinist
Mad
Catholic
Jehovah's Wittinesses
Open Theists
Agnostics
Atheists
All Religions

... I truely believe with all of my human heart and Spirit that Jesus is seriously our collective, undivided peace.

I now sit next to Job and acknowledge that ONLY God has all the answers.

Feel free to debate up a storm here, continue dialogue or otherwise...

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] thank you for all of your selfless assistance.

[MENTION=18164]Eagles Wings[/MENTION] thank you for showing Love to me, despite my assault on your ism. You genuinely place Christ as your souls pride, thus everything else has become peace.

[MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION]... you're cantankerous and rough... but I still like you.

[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION]... I don't dislike you and I.. will... probably... always give you grief, but I know you are a Loving man who is passionate about Jesus, far more than you are about any Reformed teaching.

giphy.gif

Thread open for discussion, debate and spiritual battle...

But per OP author... OP assertion and final call are now subject to the words of this post.

Sigh.

AMR

I paid you a compliment and closed my thread.

Daqq and I were just discussing this matter.

Our passions and perspectives were getting in the way of the big point!

We are unified in Jesus.

Why breath all these words of division?

I would rather place my passion into fighting divisive theology than quibbling with Daqq over our various differences....

!!!Tally Update!!!

No OP Response... Calvinist's broke the olive branch!

OP remains

FULLY

Uncontested!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Already proven false in "the Trinity" thread where your pal Lon was so devastated he had to lie about me and get me banned from posting in that thread. Getting people banned from posting in certain threads is not "winning" but rather "whining" like pretentious little brats. Cutting off someone's voice, (between the altar of the heart and the naos of the mind, just as your fathers did to Zechariah son of Berechiah), is likewise no different than slitting someone's throat in the kingdom of Elohim; for whosoever hates his brother is a murderer, and no murderer has life eternal dwelling in him, (1 John 3:15). :)

You sure about that? You sure he didn't just cut you off because you were being belligerent, which is why people left this thread :idunno:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I now level my head at Calvinism as a tool of division and reassert my peace with [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] in our theological differences.

I'm seeing this through to the end now.

Heats back on!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You sure about that? You sure he didn't just cut you off because you were being belligerent, which is why people left this thread :idunno:

You all recieved the highest respect I could give you and peace too.

Apparently you Calvinists know when your doctrine is layed naked on the alter of Truth and run!

Scatter again.

So I can show everyone that I offered peace and you stomped all over it!

It's going through to the bitter end now.

This thread fully wields scripture against every form of reform. You are ashamed to "Prophesy" here because your darkness is blistered with light!

Extra biblical kneecaps shot! Straw man is broken.

daqq

Lol, I've had my throat slit many times by your kind and every time it is because you cannot handle the truth straight from the scripture. It is no different here either and no doubt that is why you and yours all jumped in once it was closed; for you hold grudges against those you hate, and you hate those who can show that your doctrine is nothing more than that of a heretical sect: and you could not handle the fact that your doctrine has been exposed in this thread without any of you having been capable of defending what you believe from the scripture. Do you not think it is pathetic to state that you only quote scripture when you absolutely need to in a place such as this? or only to those inside your own elitist club? You've created a monster for a God who is just like yourselves and you have shown herein that your version of God cannot be defended from the scriptures. As far as I am concerned, just as the OP has stated, thread over. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Lol, I've had my throat slit many times by your kind and every time it is because you cannot handle the truth straight from the scripture. It is no different here either and no doubt that is why you and yours all jumped in once it was closed; for you hold grudges against those you hate, and you hate those who can show that your doctrine is nothing more than that of a heretical sect: and you could not handle the fact that your doctrine has been exposed in this thread without any of you having been capable of defending what you believe from the scripture. Do you not think it is pathetic to state that you only quote scripture when you absolutely need to in a place such as this? or only to those inside your own elitist club? You've created a monster for a God who is just like yourselves and you have shown herein that your version of God cannot be defended from the scriptures. As far as I am concerned, just as the OP has stated, thread over. :)

So we disagree on a point of scripture friend.

The wicked thet lay in wait to divide and destroy deserve no mercy.

Shall we burn this alter to the ground friend?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
!!!Tally Update!!!

Bombing run begins at 12PM as scheduled...

Division of men's conglomerate doctrines are a genuine hot button for me.

Thread back on!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Cool story.

You're just brooding, and forcing the idea that anything has ever been said or done, on this or any other thread, that 'slays' the historical theology of the Reformation.

It's frankly above your league
And
You haven't said what it is you stated in the supposed thread you were cut off from, and have decided to play martyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.