ECT The sixty nine weeks of Daniel 9:25

Interplanner

Thou hast well said.

Actually, it's A3P3P. At least 3 peoples, 3 purposes.

Once you desert the one, unifying purpose, you may as well have a thousand. Is Christ divided?

There is no place in the NT where there is excitement or enthusiasm about separate fellowship, bodies, faiths, etc, in Christ which are just crude imaginations by you guys. Not a word of it.

SaulToPaul 2

Once you desert the one, unifying purpose, you may as well have a thousand. Is Christ divided?

There is no place in the NT where there is excitement or enthusiasm about separate fellowship, bodies, faiths, etc, in Christ which are just crude imaginations by you guys. Not a word of it.

:chuckle:

There is one Kingdom of God. You have never heard me post otherwise!
But I believe my Bible and I see the land, the city, and the heavens as inheritances for different peoples.

So do you, but you choose to remain in unbelief.

Interplanner

:chuckle:

There is one Kingdom of God. You have never heard me post otherwise!
But I believe my Bible and I see the land, the city, and the heavens as inheritances for different peoples.

So do you, but you choose to remain in unbelief.

But there is the 'how would that look' question, which is what created the 2nd episode of Judaism after Hebrews problem. Instead of being logical with hebrews, 2P2P people have tried to figure out how you could do Judaism all over again or how to make the long reign of Christ a theocracy on this earth, that fails at the end, and then destroy everything and have the NHNE.

Fitting in a 2nd episode of Judaism is unrealistic, impossible, annoying, and other problems. It is never mentioned in the apostles view of the end of time.

SaulToPaul 2

But there is the 'how would that look' question, which is what created the 2nd episode of Judaism after Hebrews problem. Instead of being logical with hebrews, 2P2P people have tried to figure out how you could do Judaism all over again or how to make the long reign of Christ a theocracy on this earth, that fails at the end, and then destroy everything and have the NHNE.

Fitting in a 2nd episode of Judaism is unrealistic, impossible, annoying, and other problems. It is never mentioned in the apostles view of the end of time.

Believe your Bible and let God work out what is "realistic" and "how would that look".
Is anything too hard for the LORD?

Danoh

Believe your Bible and let God work out what is "realistic" and "how would that look".
Is anything too hard for the LORD?

A thought, STP...

Though not meant to; following may nevertheless offend some.

Believing a thing is not some isolated island of somewhere all by itself.

Rather, both belief and what one understands or believes one is believing are ever inseparable parts of one and the same whole.

In other words, merely "believing the Bible" is no gurantee of any kind that some sort of an instant access to understanding what it is talking about will follow.

I'm reminded of the Atheist who set out to prove the Bible a crock, only to end up a Believer due to the dynamic between the above two aspects of "believing."

What you are asserting by your "believe the Bible" STP, is not much different from Barney's belief that his phrase "compelsion complex" is correct just because he believes it is.

His failure despite his "believing"?

His lacking in sound principles behind basic objectivity. It is why he is ever so hilarious. His often lacking in that makes it impossible to confront him where he is off.

That is why that moment is funny - because Barney wrongly believes what we the audience (including Andy in that scene) know is incorrect...is correct.

The phrase "it means what it says" says nothing...about WHAT it means.

In this, IP's problem is not his failure to believe.

Rather, as with many others on here; his obvious failure is his failure to seek out sound study principles.

That right there is where all Bible Believers end up at different understandings on one point or another, though they might each "believe the Bible."

Even within...Mid-Acts.

Interplanner

Why would the apostles write extensively about the time AFTER the Lord returns?
Everything you believe is built upon silence and imagination. Do you realize that?

But it's not built on that. Look at what our hope is. It is in Christ. It is not in the land promise happening. Look at what we look foward to in so many other passages.

If the NT is going to talk about justification and the resurrection for justification fulfilling that promise, it writes Rom 3, Gal 3, Acts 13.

If it's going to show the old covenant's demise, it writes Heb 8-10.

If it's going to show the ministry of the new covenant, it writes 2 Cor 3-5.

It never was going to validate the land promise (which can't be done without reinstalling the old covenant), so there is no express chapter on it.

Your logic is miserable.

Interplanner

What is the spirit of the new testament that Paul ministered?

That a person could gain justification from the debt of their sins in Christ. That all of life generally is fulfilled in Christ. It is not going to be completely fulfilled in this life. But Rom 3 and 2 Cor 3-5 are especially about the divine court case we find ourselves in, and how the Judge of All became the Judged on our behalf. Today is the day of salvation, and the time of grace mentioned by Isaiah.

There is, nor would be, any reason to refer back to the land of Israel for Israel's sake. All dealings with Israel as such were closed in AD 72, say these 'mystery' passages: "This is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written" (which is why your list #5 or 6 about a distant future tribulation is bogus)
and:
"They always heap up their sins to the limit; the wrath of God has come upon them at last."

SaulToPaul 2

That a person could gain justification from the debt of their sins in Christ. That all of life generally is fulfilled in Christ. It is not going to be completely fulfilled in this life. But Rom 3 and 2 Cor 3-5 are especially about the divine court case we find ourselves in, and how the Judge of All became the Judged on our behalf. Today is the day of salvation, and the time of grace mentioned by Isaiah.

There is, nor would be, any reason to refer back to the land of Israel for Israel's sake. All dealings with Israel as such were closed in AD 72, say these 'mystery' passages: "This is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written" (which is why your list #5 or 6 about a distant future tribulation is bogus)
and:
"They always heap up their sins to the limit; the wrath of God has come upon them at last."

You made up a lot of extra stuff.

Paul defined it before you: The spirit of the new testament is the righteousness of God.

Interplanner

You made up a lot of extra stuff.

Paul defined it before you: The spirit of the new testament is the righteousness of God.

Those passages were all about the righteousness of God in Christ. that was the Gospel event, the offer of what Christ did on our behalf.

But if I don't make clear the other things, you'll glom them on to it.

SaulToPaul 2

The spirit of the new testament: the righteousness of God imputed
The letter of the new testament: God's law written on the heart, he causes them to walk in his statutes

They are not the same.