The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, I would say those who believed in vain, were not saved. That IS what the passage says.

Good post. Paul says in Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel." Anything other than "Paul's Gospel" is considered "Another gospel." We can ONLY be saved through Paul's Gospel alone. Which is the same Gospel Paul received from the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Good post. Paul says in Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel." Anything other than "Paul's Gospel" is considered "Another gospel." We can ONLY be saved through Paul's Gospel alone. Which is the same Gospel Paul received from the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

What garbage. If Paul had not taught from scripture he would have been a false teachers.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He said, house of Israel. Are you claiming he didn't mean what he said?

Wait, I get it, you don't know the difference do you?

Some posters can identify what I'm talking about. You're one that cannot. So, to be EXACT, I'll write it out formally, "The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel." Are you satisfied now? From now on I'll call them the Jews. For that is my pleasure to do so. It saves all that writing. Not everybody is as picky as you.

SaulToPaul 2

Paul said, "You are saved, if you hold fast.

The "if" is a conditional statement.

Unless you have believed in vain.

1 Cor 15
12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

In other words, why believe that Christ died for your sins if you deny the resurrection.

THAT is Paul's point.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jamie doesn't realize the connection between The Apostle Paul and his encounter with the Ascended Christ on the road to Damascus. Christ met Paul (Saul) for a specific reason. That reason was to relate Christ's Grace Gospel to Paul and give him the mission of being the "Apostle to the Gentiles." Jamie doesn't understand that mission, evidently.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jamie desires to be "PICAYUNE." When I spoke of Jews, I was speaking of the House of Israel. Most are able to pick up on that except for "Jamie types."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie doesn't realize the connection between The Apostle Paul and his encounter with the Ascended Christ on the road to Damascus. Christ met Paul (Saul) for a specific reason. That reason was to relate Christ's Grace Gospel to Paul and give him the mission of being the "Apostle to the Gentiles." Jamie doesn't understand that mission, evidently.

Paul claimed he was the least of the apostles, why would he not teach the same as the other apostles.

Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles, but not the only one.

There is no house of Gentiles,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul claimed he was the least of the apostles, why would he not teach the same as the other apostles.

Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles, but not the only one.

There is no house of Gentiles,

He was the ONLY one. Have you read and studied the entire Bible, cover to cover, word for word, and name by name?