The Serial comma is good, right, and proper

rainee

Commas, in my humble opinion, should be used, at every opportunity, whether they belong there, or not.
Preach it Sista!!

I believe it -- and I mean I don't just hold it as an opinion -- but that it is a part of a working communication faith system for me!
The comma can only be replaced with the dash -- and that is only for dramatic effect!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Uh oh - Now a call for you to post your pic of you with such a wonderful thing,
Doing the muscle pumping crossed arms and glowering?

or you must fold and lose all money you have put in the pot.
Because it must be said and must be said in precisely this way: rainee missed the jo-oke! rainee missed the jo-oke! :eek:

rainee

It's the difference between inviting the hookers, Barack, and Bubba, and inviting the hookers, Barack and Bubba.

Whoa, well,well done! Newspaper journalism awareness!

Also, I want to go back in time and vehemently, violently dissuade whoever decided that the apostrophe should EVER be used for pluralization.
Because that plague will apparently never be cured from the collective unconscious.

But what if one has multiple personalities' syndromes?

rainee

Doing the muscle pumping crossed arms and glowering?

Yes, how did you know?? (With one arm slightly salt and peppered, please. :)

But, no, none, and nyet on the glowering, please, you can wear a blindfold if you wish, thank yu.

Because it must be said and must be said in precisely this way: rainee missed the jo-oke! rainee missed the jo-oke! :eek:

Ask not wh0-0-0-0-m is messing up the special dash, y'all!! Shirley, we all know!

whitestone

see I alwayf ufed extra commaf (kind of like a trademark),,,but now that I fee it'f fo popular I'm gonna ftart ufing the "long S", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_s ,,or at leaft the only one on the keyboard that lookf like it,,do any of you know how I can change my keyboard and get it to type a long s?,,,