ECT The resurrection, and justification/salvation-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 4:25 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep, that's why I asked...figgered someone would come along to dispute it, forcing them to demonstrate faith in the DBR that far back, but nothing yet.

Excellent, musty! I think Endora Nag might just come back, with another one liner, pointing to her "the church" SOF, closing with, "Bah!"

Interplanner

You know exactly what he means, you have seen us proclaim it many times.

Yet you dodge it.

Very telling.

Actually, the weird thing here is how many times I've explained what justification is and how it fulfills the promises to Israel, but because of that connection, STP has no idea what I'm saying or Acts 13:32. What is very telling here is your anger that 'saved' in Rom 11 does not mean a Davidic theocracy, which you wish it did, because then all of 2P2P's problems would be over.

'Getting saved' as in a specific human experience does not matter as much as what God accomplished in Christ for our justification. Yes, I did have an enlightenment as to how the Gospel corrects our debt problem with God when I was in 5th grade camp. But the material reason why I got saved was not that moment; it was Christ. So as one speaker used to say: the day I got saved? Oh, yeah, I remember: the sun went dark at 3, and there was an earthquake, and I was beaten up and speared, and I asked God why he forsook me, and I died a horrible death. But God also resurrected me in an immortal body.

No, I haven't noticed "You" (plural) proclaim it many times. It's always Israel and Judah being proclaimed.

Why don't STP and you get together and do a pro-active essay on how Christ is the fulfillment of the feasts. It would be great.

Interplanner

No answer. Obfuscation.

Could not be more telling. We pegged you long ago.

Justification as used by Romans is not an 'experience.' Justification is the declaration by God that our debt of sin is gone. It certainly generates experiences. But it assumes a sort of 'courtroom' situation, and we are stuck with a miserable sentence, and the Judge has surprisingly stepped out of his role and offered to pay our debt Himself. That is the Gospel and justification. That is how Rom 3:21-31 is to be read: the righteousness of God has now been revealed. Because the righteousness of God justifies us from our sins.

That's the neat thing about the new covenant, that all these 2P2P friends here keep missing. In it Christ is called THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. In other words, this thing that God has done to take the place of mankind--who believe--is the very center title of the new covenant.

That's why it has nothing to do with the land or tribes. that's why nothing in the NT sounds like the 2P2P friends here. When Heb 10:1-18 finishes explaining things, it is not at all like these people sound.

SaulToPaul 2

Why don't STP and you get together and do a pro-active essay on how Christ is the fulfillment of the feasts. It would be great.

That would be awesome.

When was passover fulfilled?
Unleavened bread?
First Fruits?
Pentecost?

These are easy questions for a genuine scholar like you...

john w

Hall of Fame
Justification is the declaration by God that our debt of sin is gone. .

No, it's not-it is a declaration of righteousness. A forgiven thief,murderer,........ is still a thief, murderer....=the debt is forgiven/pardoned. A pardon just wipes the slate clean, but does not mean you are righteous.

And you are in the ring with us?

Interplanner

He must be a clavinist. He was zapped. Therefore if/when he believed the gospel and trusted the LORD is irrelevant.

The when of when you believe the Gospel is not the Gospel. it's very simple. I believed it at a camp in 5th grade. That is not when the Gospel happened. Your terminology is in complete disarray.