ECT The resurrection, and justification/salvation-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 4:25 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
This question is addressed only to those respective members of the body of Christ, who are proponents of the eternal security of the believer/"assurance," and to those who do not take a dispensational, and/or MAD point of view/interpretive approach. "Dispies," and MAD proponents-please participate. However, my question to the "address'ee's:

When was Peter saved/justified forever(hence, the assumption above), and, can one deny the resurrection, and still be saved/justified, today?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe Simon Bar Jonah to be in paradise, awaiting the time when he will have the keys to the kingdom. And I am thinking a place called "paradise" by the Lord Jesus Christ is not a bad place. That is based upon a preponderance of things for the Kingdom found in the Bible.

You cannot deny the resurrection and be saved. To deny it means you don't trust why he died in the first place. Which means your faith is not in his finished work. Hence, Romans 10:9. Tell somebody you know is outside the faith Jesus rose from the dead and see how they act. They usually walk away and don't even want to hear those words. Children of the devil.

musterion

1. I don't know, but he was for sure.

2. No. Christ's death on the cross is useless if He was not then raised from the dead.

DAN P

When Jesus Christ atoned for his sins on the cross, died, and resurrection bodily on his behalf.

No.

Hi and you are wrong !!

John is playing with you !

If you c an not say HOW you were saved HOW will you then say , with a verse , showing how Peter was saved ??

There is a verse you now KNOW !!

Gimme me your's , if you can ??

dan p

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
When Jesus Christ atoned for his sins on the cross, died, and resurrection bodily on his behalf.

So, Peter was not saved, upon initial belief, whatever content of believe, that was? Is that what you are arguing? Is not the believer, today, saved, upon initial belief? Are you arguing that Peter was saved differently, than we are today?

And I was not asking, when his salvation was "realized," so to speak, i.e., your "When Jesus Christ atoned for his sins on the cross, died, and resurrection bodily on his behalf."

Again-is one saved, at the moment, they exercise belief, or not?

john w

Hall of Fame

and, can one deny the resurrection, and still be saved/justified, today?

Peter denied the resurrection, initially-as did the other 11. Was he/were they lost, while spending 3 years with the Master? I thought you Calvinists, with all your "elect" jazz, asserted that Peter was one of "the elect," as were the other 11? What happened to him/them being "zapped," "regenerated," "to be able to believe" "the gospel," as you Calvinists also assert? What happened to that "eternal security" doctrine, you Calvinists allegedly support?

john w

Hall of Fame
I believe Simon Bar Jonah to be in paradise, awaiting the time when he will have the keys to the kingdom. And I am thinking a place called "paradise" by the Lord Jesus Christ is not a bad place. That is based upon a preponderance of things for the Kingdom found in the Bible.

You cannot deny the resurrection and be saved. To deny it means you don't trust why he died in the first place. Which means your faith is not in his finished work. Hence, Romans 10:9. Tell somebody you know is outside the faith Jesus rose from the dead and see how they act. They usually walk away and don't even want to hear those words. Children of the devil.

Agreed. And yet Peter denied the resurrection, initially.

Interplanner

A person is not saved by the formula they say, or the steps they take, or their response to the Gospel. Those things are only an elementary understanding of what's going on. A person is saved by the doing and dying of Jesus Christ on their behalf. They may have a cloudy understanding, but you either are or not pregnant, not a little bit pregnant. There either was, or was not, a God-man who suffered on your behalf.

The resurrection is the honoring of Christ by God for doing so. He was enthroned as the promise to David forecast (Acts 2:30-32) and is the Lord David was referring to. He was raised because he had accomplished these things. Which is a massive assurance to us as Christians about what we have in Christ and in the next life.

SaulToPaul 2

A person is not saved by the formula they say, or the steps they take, or their response to the Gospel. Those things are only an elementary understanding of what's going on. A person is saved by the doing and dying of Jesus Christ on their behalf. They may have a cloudy understanding, but you either are or not pregnant, not a little bit pregnant. There either was, or was not, a God-man who suffered on your behalf.

The resurrection is the honoring of Christ by God for doing so. He was enthroned as the promise to David forecast (Acts 2:30-32) and is the Lord David was referring to. He was raised because he had accomplished these things. Which is a massive assurance to us as Christians about what we have in Christ and in the next life.

When did you believe the good news, and trust the LORD to save you?

john w

Hall of Fame

john w

Hall of Fame

Once again, the above is just irrelevant assertions, that have NADA to do with the thread.

They may have a cloudy understanding, but you either are or not pregnant, not a little bit pregnant

The 12 had no idea the Master would rise from the dead, and initially denied the resurrection; and yet, they preached the gospel of the kingdom, which had no reference to the dbr, for almost 3 years.

Where they saved at this time?

Take your seat.You won't touch that with scripture-only sound bytes, and your "greek grammar" bait 'n switch jazz.

musterion

Yep, that's why I asked...figgered someone would come along to dispute it, forcing them to demonstrate faith in the DBR that far back, but nothing yet.