the reason our world is so violent and evil...

shagster01

I guess that's kind of true?

If everyone was catholic then catholics wouldn't have had to kill all those people for not being catholic.

...though muslims could say that same thing.

republicanchick

Yes, we are all aware of the basic non violence of Catholicism as shown throughout history.

yeh, we sure are... when reading TRUE history

were there any Catholic highjackers who slammed those planes into the Towers?

any practicing Catholics who have... say, left a monastary to join the jihadis?

hmmm... doesn't appear to be too many...

Then there are the baby killers... not too many Catholics (practicing) who promote abortion... just the fake ones... (in Congress... etc) who are NOT Catholics. If you do not take the Church's teachings to heart and .. HELLLOOOO.... live by them... you are NOT Catholic (even if you were born to say.. Irish parents... Italian parents... hard to believe, i know..)

__

republicanchick

if only people realized that they aren't GETTING away with anything... (maybe they wouldn't be so evil, violent)

even if they make it to Purgatory (and most don't, apparently)

well... my best info tells me Purgatory is VERY, very painful....

better to do yor purgation HERE

but you know how people are.. hardheaded...

___

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
The real reason is we have too few people who are secular . Secular people , whether atheists ,agnostics, or just not religious are the least likely people to cause harm to others. They don't want to impose their religion on others and interfere with their lives . They just live and let live and mind their own business .
And please don't bring up the straw man of communism supposedly causing the deaths of so many millions of people . Stalin, Mao Zedong and other communist dictators did not slaughter so many people because they were communists, but because they were cruel, ruthless and power-hungry sociopaths who called themselves communists and atheists .

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
The real reason is we have too few people who are secular . Secular people , whether atheists ,agnostics, or just not religious are the least likely people to cause harm to others. They don't want to impose their religion on others and interfere with their lives . They just live and let live and mind their own business .
And please don't bring up the straw man of communism supposedly causing the deaths of so many millions of people . Stalin, Mao Zedong and other communist dictators did not slaughter so many people because they were communists, but because they were cruel, ruthless and power-hungry sociopaths who called themselves communists and atheists .

You're correct. Though I don't think religion itself is the issue, but instead the fundamentalist factions within each religion

journey

Here is the reason the world is violent and evil

in only 6 words

Everyone is not a practicing Catholic

+++

NO, the Catholic church still has the blood of the Saints on her hands. I must also add that many of the practices of the Catholic church are against God's Word and evil.

journey

if only people realized that they aren't GETTING away with anything... (maybe they wouldn't be so evil, violent)

even if they make it to Purgatory (and most don't, apparently)

well... my best info tells me Purgatory is VERY, very painful....

better to do yor purgation HERE

but you know how people are.. hardheaded...

___

Purgatory is a false doctrine fabricated by the Catholic church, much like many other false doctrines that are in contradiction to the Holy Bible - also from the Catholic church.

journey

Our world is getting more evil and violent because more and more people have turned their backs on God. They love wallowing in sin without even considering God. I'm sure that much worse is yet to come. God's Word calls it the Tribulation Period. The end of the Tribulation Period will be marked by the Second Coming of Christ in great and holy wrath. About 75% of the world population will die before Jesus Christ restores peace.

God will usher in the Tribulation Period at His appointed time, and that could be soon. It will be seven years of the most horrible time in the history of mankind.