The Real Mount Sinai Found in Saudi Arabia

Stuu

The so-called Exodus never happened. So it's a bit irrelevant to ponder about missing mountains, isn't it?

Not what the evangelicals want to hear, but true nonetheless.

Stuart

beameup

The so-called Exodus never happened. So it's a bit irrelevant to ponder about missing mountains, isn't it?
Stuart

"missing mountains"??
The traditional site was picked by Constantine's mother in the 4th century. Pilgrimages to "Sinai Peninsula" in Egypt are conducted there to the present day. There is absolutely zero evidence that Hebrews were there in the past. Zero, zip, nada.

The Saudi government has fenced off a remote area in the Saudi Peninsula to prevent archeologists from examining the area. However, a few have been able to venture there in the last few decades, and film their findings. Gee, I wonder what they found?

Stuu

The traditional site was picked by Constantine's mother in the 4th century.
I like that fact.

The Saudi government has fenced off a remote area in the Saudi Peninsula to prevent archeologists from examining the area. However, a few have been able to venture there in the last few decades, and film their findings. Gee, I wonder what they found?
Discarded bagel wrappers?

Stuart

Wick Stick

The traditional site can be empirically disproven, so Jabal al-Lawz is a better guess than that, I guess?

I prefer the theory that Sinai was at Timna. It makes sense of where all that bronze came from. I find the part where they dug up an Exodus-style tabernacle at the site fairly convincing as well.

beameup

The traditional site can be empirically disproven, so Jabal al-Lawz is a better guess than that, I guess?

I prefer the theory that Sinai was at Timna. It makes sense of where all that bronze came from. I find the part where they dug up an Exodus-style tabernacle at the site fairly convincing as well.

Timna would have been occupied by hostile people at that time (Edom).
The "crossing point" has been explored, which would have led directly into Midian.
Later on, Solomon had a navy which was anchored in the Gulf of Aqaba, and he
erected two monoliths at the crossing point (which have been found).
The "crossing point" is located about half-way down the Gulf of Aqaba.
There is an underwater "land-bridge" there which drops-off steeply on each side.

Lots of Paleo-Hebrew artifacts chiseled in the rocks around Jabal al-Lawz.

Wick Stick

Timna would have been Philistine territory at that time.
Pottery sherds found at the site indicate a sustained Midianite presence (Midian, Moab, and Edom, p. 39, Sawyer & Clines, 1983.).

Meanwhile, it's hard to confirm much of anything about al-Lawz.

beameup

Pottery sherds found at the site indicate a sustained Midianite presence (Midian, Moab, and Edom, p. 39, Sawyer & Clines, 1983.).

Meanwhile, it's hard to confirm much of anything about al-Lawz.

It was hard to confirm al-Lawz until archeologists illegally filmed the area recently.
Midian would have been well known territory by Moses. As well, Moses would have known of the prospective crossing-point and the route from Goshen to Midian. Above the Gulf of Aqaba, on the other hand, would have been occupied by unfriendly peoples. The Hebrews exited Egypt at the boundary of Egypt, which would have been the eastern shore of the Sinai Peninsula.

exodus_nuweiba.jpg

pillers3.jpg.w300h384.jpg

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't watched the video yet, but will.

Did they find 3000 skeletons or graves there?

Exodus 32:28 KJV
(28) And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

beameup

I haven't watched the video yet, but will.

Did they find 3000 skeletons or graves there?

Exodus 32:28 KJV
(28) And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

You should know that the area is fenced off by the Saudi government, and entering there subjects you to arrest. The Caldwell's have been arrested four times, but miraculously been released each time. Therefore, no comprehensive archeological excavations have taken place... so far.

BTW, there have been two American families that have entered the site and explored it since the 1970s (Wyatt & Caldwell).
However, the most significant exploration was done by a Korean doctor who was the Crown Prince's personal physician.

PS: The most recent (unauthorized)exploration was conducted by Larry Williams and Bob Cornuke. Both were arrested and later escaped.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You should know that the area is fenced off by the Saudi government, and entering there subjects you to arrest. The Caldwell's have been arrested four times, but miraculously been released each time. Therefore, no comprehensive archeological excavations have taken place... so far.

BTW, there have been two American families that have entered the site and explored it since the 1970s.
However, the most significant exploration was done by a Korean doctor who was the Crown Prince's personal physician.
Thanks.

How about at the traditional site ----- any bones found there?

beameup

Thanks.

How about at the traditional site ----- any bones found there?

The Traditional Catholic Site in Egypt (Sinai Peninsula) bears no resemblance to the Biblical record.
The site in Saudi Arabia shows signs of encampment which could handle 2 - 3 million persons.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Traditional Catholic Site in Egypt (Sinai Peninsula) bears no resemblance to the Biblical record.
The site in Saudi Arabia shows signs of encampment which could handle 2 - 3 million persons.
One would think those bones would be the first thing to look for to confirm the site.
There has been plenty of time to check for it at the traditional site.

beameup

One would think those bones would be the first thing to look for to confirm the site.
There has been plenty of time to check for it at the traditional site.

There is a "graveyard-like" area in the Arabian site. It's larger than a football field.
But the entire area is guarded (and preserved) by the Saudi Government (for obvious reasons).
It's like the false claim about the Temple being on Haram al Sharif. Nobody has had direct access for archeological digs. However, the City of David (to the south) is NOW yielding archeological evidence of the Temple.

WatchmanOnTheWall

In 1978 Christian biblical archaeologist Ron Wyatt discovered the true Red Sea crossing of the Hebrews in the Gulf of Aqaba at Nuweiba in the Sinai Peninsula. Wyatt also theorized from the biblical account that the true site of Mt. Sinai (Mt Horeb, Exodus 3.1) and Israel's encampment must be near the Nuweiba Red Sea crossing in the surrounding mountains of Midian in Saudi Arabia rather than the traditional Mt Sinai site in the Sinai Peninsula. His theory brought him to Jabal al Lawz, a mountain long known by its residents to be the site of God's presence and Israel's encampment. Thus far the evidence at Jebel el Lawz fits the biblical description perfectly.
http://www.messianic-literary.com/mt_sinai.htm

So you do believe the truth after all. What's you game spouting all this Bob Cornuke crap then?

WatchmanOnTheWall

BTW, there have been two American families that have entered the site and explored it since the 1970s (Wyatt & Caldwell).

PS: The most recent (unauthorized)exploration was conducted by Larry Williams and Bob Cornuke. Both were arrested and later escaped.

Yes that is correct! Please stop bigging up Bob though. He is a scammer.