ECT The Pregnant Woman and the Dragon

revpete

Now, try explaining away 2000 plus yrs before the woman gives birth to the man child in the middle of the tribulation who is then IMMEDIATELY caught away. Go for it.

As I said this is not a dogmatic interpretation. Anyway your statement is confusing to say the least. Could you perhaps phrase it more coherently?

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

As I said this is not a dogmatic interpretation. Anyway your statement is confusing to say the least. Could you perhaps phrase it more coherently?

Pete 👤

No, I can't. You are supposed to know what you are talking about so how 'bout a rebuttal to my understanding I challenged you with.

Cross Reference

God, a book called the Bible. Try it some time.

You can remain ignore and insulting if you like, but it would be better to read the Word and understand it.

Firstly, it was written by one of the TWELVE apostles TO ISRAEL.

Next, its language matches completely with both the OT and with Jesus during His earthly ministry to ISRAEL. As an example, much of the later part of the Revelation and the later part of Isaiah (where he was preaching to ISRAEL) are practically identical.

When does Paul ever mention the body of Christ being "kings and priests"? He does not, but Peter (quoting an OT passage about ISRAEL) does.
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Please explain the relevance of this passage to the body of Christ:
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Why would it matter to the body of Christ is someone calls themselves a Jew but are not? And don't give an "it's only spiritual" piece of baloney.
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
There it is again.

There are more than TWENTY references to the Lamb in Revelation, which Paul never once mentions.

The list goes on and on and on.

You mean "the [stupid] beat goes on". What I know would not profit you at this time in your 'understanding'. You would have to throw out too may commentaries that have ensnared you by their ill-thought-out opinions..

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God, a book called the Bible. Try it some time.

You can remain ignore and insulting if you like, but it would be better to read the Word and understand it.

Firstly, it was written by one of the TWELVE apostles TO ISRAEL.

The twelve apostles built on the foundation of Christ and there is only one Holy Temple being built with no distinction between Jew and Gentile.

But by your own confession you are not a living stone of it.--

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Next, its language matches completely with both the OT and with Jesus during His earthly ministry to ISRAEL. As an example, much of the later part of the Revelation and the later part of Isaiah (where he was preaching to ISRAEL) are practically identical.

When does Paul ever mention the body of Christ being "kings and priests"? He does not, but Peter (quoting an OT passage about ISRAEL) does.
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Please explain the relevance of this passage to the body of Christ:
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Why would it matter to the body of Christ is someone calls themselves a Jew but are not? And don't give an "it's only spiritual" piece of baloney.
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
There it is again.

There are more than TWENTY references to the Lamb in Revelation, which Paul never once mentions.

The list goes on and on and on.

The true Body of Christ which is the Bride has many Prophets and Priests , but you would have to have received the Spirit which is the promise of the Father to be a member of it.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and there is Grace before John 1:14 !

There is GRACE and then there is the Dispensation of the Grace of God in Eph 3:2 and only the Unintiated , only understand KJV-ONLY which are only POP-CLUTURE types !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Only the uninformed dupes of satan can come up with the tripe you preach.

Right Divider

Body part
You mean "the [stupid] beat goes on". What I know would not profit you at this time in your 'understanding'. You would have to throw out too may commentaries that have ensnared you by their ill-thought-out opinions..
Your boastful pride is not cute, nor are your insults clever in any way.

The complete ABSENCE of any comment about what I actually posted makes clear that you are the one ensnared in some kind of ignorant doctrine that does not allow you to actually discuss scripture.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The complete ABSENCE of any comment about what I actually posted makes clear that you are the one ensnared in some kind of ignorant doctrine that does not allow you to actually discuss scripture.

I agree with you.

LA

Cross Reference

If you knew the scripture there would be no need to discuss this issue. Ergo, since you have demonstrated your mind is made up and snapped shut to insight, why should anyone believe a discussion with you would be fruitful? Sorry but, I am not interested.

HisServant

It's basically fruitless for anyone to theorize who they are. A 1st century Jewish Christian would view the symbolism as obvious though. So you have to do your due diligence and study non-biblical text from the 1st century to look for like symbolism to determine its meaning.

Anyhow, its not something that affects Christians these days and we have much bigger fish to fry then fretting over futurism.

Cross Reference

It's basically fruitless for anyone to theorize who they are. A 1st century Jewish Christian would view the symbolism as obvious though. So you have to do your due diligence and study non-biblical text from the 1st century to look for like symbolism to determine its meaning.

Anyhow, its not something that affects Christians these days and we have much bigger fish to fry then fretting over futurism.

Why of course, "obvious" symbolism that needs explaining __just like Jesus taught us we must attain to when reading about Him. How foolish of me to forget that.

This was a vision. The images and the ideas they represent are far more important than the order of events, especially events that never cease to be significant to the overall meaning. Obsessing over the order of events and attempting to understand each event discretely rather than as part of some greater, holistic meaning won't help you interpret this.

Look at this thread and how no one can agree on what this means despite that they all claim to have reached their own understanding simply by believing in God and reading the Bible.

How true that some matters, especially involving eschatology, we can only have the most plausible explanation we find the most scripture harmony in. It's worth discussing, but anybody claiming they have a lease on truths, never resolved down the ages, is very arrogant or deceptive, which aren't honest, mature Christian traits. This is a sign such a person should be taken with a grain of salt. Agree that obsessing over those things "seen through a glass darkly" can be a waste, as opposed to more important matters of love of God and one's fellow man. The mean disputings on the web, disguised as Christian, are obviously unGodly behavior, people only showing they have more important, fundamental things they need to work on. And how much of the Holy Spirit is working in those who behave like devils? I begin to totally ignore a number of posters who can't even behave: they have nothing trustworthy to offer.

Cross Reference

How true that some matters, especially involving eschatology, we can only have the most plausible explanation we find the most scripture harmony in. It's worth discussing, but anybody claiming they have a lease on truths, never resolved down the ages, is very arrogant or deceptive, which aren't honest, mature Christian traits. This is a sign such a person should be taken with a grain of salt. Agree that obsessing over those things "seen through a glass darkly" can be a waste, as opposed to more important matters of love of God and one's fellow man. The mean disputings on the web, disguised as Christian, are obviously unGodly behavior, people only showing they have more important, fundamental things they need to work on. And how much of the Holy Spirit is working in those who behave like devils? I begin to totally ignore a number of posters who can't even behave: they have nothing trustworthy to offer.

Hello Wonderful! :) [I like your 'handle']
May I start by stating, Jesus said the reason He came to Earth was to do the will of "The Father". In actuality, all else was incidental to that and to which He was obedient. May I now ask you, why do you believe Jesus saved you?

Hello Wonderful! :) [I like your 'handle']
May I start by stating, Jesus said the reason He came to Earth was to do the will of "The Father". In actuality, all else was incidental to that and to which He was obedient. May I now ask you, why do you believe Jesus saved you?

As to the handle, thank you. I just love Jesus Christ, find Him as awesome today as when first saved, many years ago, truly the magnificent and wonderful God man.

Jesus saved us for His love of us, as simple as John 3:16 and John 6:29. Personally, in a nutshell, I heard preaching and subsequently read the gospel, saw its truth, that I was lost, needed to repent of my sin and blindness, asked the Lord into my life, then, wonderfully, my eyes were opened, and I began a new life, seeking the things of the Lord, as the Holy Spirit gave me His leading and vision. (I couldn't get enough of the Bible those early years, was enthralled by its treasury of God's mind, also daily listened to preachers on the radio I could trust, who taught me a lot.)

Cross Reference

As to the handle, thank you. I just love Jesus Christ, find Him as awesome today as when first saved, many years ago, truly the magnificent and wonderful God man.

Jesus saved us for His love of us, as simple as John 3:16 and John 6:29. Personally, in a nutshell, I heard preaching and subsequently read the gospel, saw its truth, that I was lost, needed to repent of my sin and blindness, asked the Lord into my life, then, wonderfully, my eyes were opened, and I began a new life, seeking the things of the Lord, as the Holy Spirit gave me His leading and vision. (I couldn't get enough of the Bible those early years, was enthralled by its treasury of God's mind, also daily listened to preachers on the radio I could trust, who taught me a lot.)

Thank you for your testimony, Wonderful! However, everyone on this forum would probably say the same thing to one degree or another with most as yourself not being able to explain why, aside from being saved from damnation. Oh, BTW, God doesn't love everyone __only those who love Him. "The LORD keeps all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy." Psalm 145:20 (NASB) See also Neh.1:5; Deut 7:9; Dan 9:4; 1Cor.2:9 and the last one Jas.2:5

In that regard you seem to be on safe ground, :).

Did you ever think that some Christians will rule and reign with Christ as joint heirs in His Throneship? Why do you suppose not all will and why would you suppose any would ever be included unless the giving of Jesus' life was purposed to example and enable those with insight to follow in His steps unto the same brilliance of Glorification Jesus now enjoys? The "insight" I speak of is a gifted insight by genuine love TO God that brings to us ever increasing Life of Himself. When Jesus reached this pinnacle in His Life, He was transfigured. And of course because we are born in sin, we who love Him, will have to wait awhile longer.

I write all that to say we weren't saved from something as much as we were redeemed to enter into a completed relationship with God, Adam missed out on, that, when fathomed out, speaks much more than because He loved us.

Cross Reference

What you think is 'obvious' would probably get you a puzzled look from a 1st century Jewish Christian.

I couldn't care less about what a 1st century Jewish Christian might have thought but more about what he may have missed out on had he had to deal with your interpretation of how scripture needs to be interpreted for salvation and anything else God has in mind for those who love Him. That would be tragic however, I don't believe was the case for him. What do you think?

HisServant

I couldn't care less about what a 1st century Jewish Christian might have thought but more about what he may have missed out on had he had to deal with your interpretation of how scripture needs to be interpreted for salvation and anything else God has in mind for those who love Him. That would be tragic however, I don't believe was the case for him. What do you think?

I don't think the thought of them 'missing out' on something would have even crossed their minds.

Nothing in Revelation shines any new light on what they would have already known about salvation. Anyhow, I, along with most historical scholars believe that Revelation is specifically about the end of Judaism and the destruction of the temple in AD70. Depending on when you think the book was written (pre or post AD70) the above is consistent with Judaic prophesy or retrospective writings.

So you have to ask yourself whether it is really relevant today when you approach it using your context.

At the end of the day, Revelation itself will not lead anyone to salvation and it doesn't clearly describe what salvation is.

BUT, it does appeal to people who are inclined to 'sensationalism'.. i.e. people that read the national inquirer or subscribers to many 17th and 18th century new Christian 'cults'... because sensationalism arose during a point of enlightenment where people were just getting a taste of being educated yet did not understand just how difficult the road actually was, so they took the easy and lazy road.