ECT The Pregnant Woman and the Dragon

6days

1. In Revelations 12, who is the woman? And, how or why did you arrive at your conclusion?

2. Who is the son?

3. A third of the stars being thrown to earth... Is that a past or future event?

Cross Reference

1. In Revelations 12, who is the woman? And, how or why did you arrive at your conclusion?

2. Who is the son?

3. A third of the stars being thrown to earth... Is that a past or future event?

1. Visible church

2. Man-child = invisible church

3. future, due to the nature of the war in the heavenlies

4. Heavens = lower heaven that Job one, speaks of. The only "heaven" Satan is allowed to enter and where the "battles in the heavenlies" take place. __ Upper/Third Heaven-Paradise is where the Throne of God is and Paul spoke of to be beyond our thinking and expectations ___Satan [sin] not allowed in.

Spitfire

The stars falling from the sky are the angels who rebelled with Satan (hence their being pulled down by the dragon's tail). Distant, distant past but, like everything in Revelation, it may allude to other events as well. The whole first act of the divine drama alludes to Genesis 3:15 and the enmity between the serpent and the woman's seed. The woman's child is the newly established church.

Cross Reference

The stars falling from the sky are the angels who rebelled with Satan (hence their being pulled down by the dragon's tail). Distant, distant past but, like everything in Revelation, it may allude to other events as well. The whole first act of the divine drama alludes to Genesis 3:15 and the enmity between the serpent and the woman's seed. The woman's child is the newly established church.

Distant past? How so, with all that points to near future?

Then why not lets discuss in an adult way and forget the condescending remarks? No one here has all the answers.

It's often difficult to find any thread to post something serious in, since nothing serious is going on. One may have something serious to say, but just to get trampled on, in a "discussion" down to insults and one-liners? It would do some a much better service to start really learning the word of God, instead of spending their lives as, more or less, just trolls, with nothing to offer. I mean, look at the stuff flying around here: is it even intelligent, a whole lot of it?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

And she brought forth a man child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron, and her child was caught up unto God and to his throne. (Revelation 12:5)​

Who was the woman?

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars and she being with child cried, travailing in birth and pained to be delivered. (Revelation 12:1-2)​

The woman was Israel.

SaulToPaul 2

Also, the man child is this church:

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

So, the woman is not Mary.

Cross Reference

Also, the man child is this church:

At least a part of it we can safely/hopefully assume.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Revelation 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Yes!

So, the woman is not Mary.

Indeed, she is not Mary.

Cross Reference

not exactly

the woman is the jewish religion which gives birth to the Church

The Jewish nation didn't give birth to any church. To the contrary she persecuted it and still does to a shameful degree. Where are you in your thinking to believe such a thing? To believe that a catholic would have to believe the pope is a Jew.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Jewish nation didn't give birth to any church. To the contrary she persecuted it and still does to a shameful degree. Where are you in your thinking to believe such a thing? To believe that a catholic would have to believe the pope is a Jew.

there is no temple in jerusalem
but
there is a Church in rome