The Power of a Gift:

bybee

Three years ago one of my daughters gave me a toy rose bush for Mother's Day. It was filled with tiny rose/red rose buds. After it stopped blooming I decided to plant it in my garden. I do not have much luck with roses but thought to try it anyway.
This tiny little shrub has grown into a full blown rose bush and has been showering me with long stemmed roses ever since!
Two weeks ago I cut what I thought would be the last rose of summer and brought it into the house. It is still as fresh as the day I brought it in!
It is truly a gift that keeps on giving. Of course I thank my daughter over and over again.
Truly, it is the small things that bring great joy!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Three years ago one of my daughters gave me a toy rose bush for Mother's Day. It was filled with tiny rose/red rose buds. After it stopped blooming I decided to plant it in my garden. I do not have much luck with roses but thought to try it anyway.
This tiny little shrub has grown into a full blown rose bush and has been showering me with long stemmed roses ever since!
Two weeks ago I cut what I thought would be the last rose of summer and brought it into the house. It is still as fresh as the day I brought it in!
It is truly a gift that keeps on giving. Of course I thank my daughter over and over again.
Truly, it is the small things that bring great joy!

Nice (Jas 1:17, Jn 20:15). And my I suggest a compost bin? Throw egg shells, banana peels, coffee ground etc. into it. Put it around the soil. It makes for happy worms and happy worms make beautiful roses. :roses:

40586849769ueeurojg.jpg

rainee

Well down here we have to have specially developed kinds of roses to grow and even then they often are straggly and kinda skinny looking... However, up north
there are some loverly ones growing and so glad you have one!

SD gave a compost idea - I'd like to give another.

When I lived in Oregon one of my workmates said her mom had her gather horse pooh for her roses.

The mom would keep the horse pooh in a barrel of rain water to pour on her rose bushes.

They were really lush and beautiful. (Kinda stinky, I bet, up close but really lush) :eek:

bybee

Well down here we have to have specially developed kinds of roses to grow and even then they often are straggly and kinda skinny looking... However, up north
there are some loverly ones growing and so glad you have one!

SD gave a compost idea - I'd like to give another.

When I lived in Oregon one of my workmates said her mom had her gather horse pooh for her roses.

The mom would keep the horse pooh in a barrel of rain water to pour on her rose bushes.

They were really lush and beautiful. (Kinda stinky, I bet, up close but really lush) :eek:

Thanks Rainee. I like the compost idea and will have a go at it.
But horse poop is above the call of duty!

rainee

Thanks Rainee. I like the compost idea and will have a go at it.
But horse poop is above the call of duty!

Understandable!
And true, Bybee!
Who could any of us get to go running after horse pooh every time they saw some? Just imagining the the job...whoa! lol