The Passion - SEQUEL

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What was Catholic in the movie? The parts not verbatim was Obama satan being distraught over the crucifixion. He thought he had won. I think Gibson took artistic liberty to rub it in to satan.

Danoh

Dave Hunt and Tom MacMahon (ex-Catholic) noted a few things in their old review.

https://www.thebereancall.org/content/definitive-passion-christ

Yeah; Dave Hunt was really something.

I once ended up on a plane with him.

He knew his Bible inside and out.

Unfortunately, though I showed him passage after passage in evidence of Mid-Acts; though he was very patient ; and asked a lot of questions; he remained dead set in Acts 2.

Well, the dear brother knows it now...

I hear Jordan had a similar one on one experience on a plane with Thomas Ice; with the same result.

And Jordan is literally a walking Bible.

musterion

For all the good he did, Dave was very quietly pentecostal...just a bit...spoke in tongues. I think he admitted to that at least once. That would indicate a level of investment in the Acts 2 view which would not be open to mid Acts at all.

musterion

I don't see their complaint. Stations of the cross is in the Bible. The scourging is not shown like that, it only says it happened.

Just offering it for conversation.

Personally I have always had problems with any physical depiction or imagery of Christ, no matter what it is or who does it. Something inside me recoils from it every time. That's just me.

Danoh

For all the good he did, Dave was very quietly pentecostal...just a bit...spoke in tongues. I think he admitted to that at least once. That would indicate a level of investment in the Acts 2 view which would not be open to mid Acts at all.

Lol; that reminds me - he was not too pleased when I basically stated that Carol Matriciana (whom he was a huge supportor of) is clueless.

But that is Acts 2's understandings of what they refer to as "Prophecy."

As you are probably aware; in the Acts 2 Dispy model "Prophetic signs" are still in full operation.

TweetyBird

I don't see their complaint. Stations of the cross is in the Bible. The scourging is not shown like that, it only says it happened.

You mean like Veronica who gave Jesus a cloth to wipe His face and His facial image was imprinted on it?

Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774- 1824), German mystic and a stigmatic who levitated, whose divination writings were the source for much of the content of Mel Gibson's Passion of The Christ movie ....Mel Gibson had stated that, "She supplied me with stuff I never would have thought of." That is true--and it is demonically inspired 'stuff' not found in the Word of God. The episode where the Mary's sop up the blood, having Jesus dangled from the bridge, and the overall brutal beatings and gore and so on, is all compliments of Emmerich.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774- 1824), German mystic and a stigmatic who levitated...

What does this have to do with a movie? The dialogue is from Matthew, nearly verbatim. You probably hate the preaching of the cross and are headed for hell. Paul says the preaching of the cross is stupid to those on their way to hell.

It is probably the best "Jesus" movie there is.

TweetyBird

What does this have to do with a movie? The dialogue is from Matthew, nearly verbatim. You probably hate the preaching of the cross and are headed for hell. Paul says the preaching of the cross is stupid to those on their way to hell.

It is probably the best "Jesus" movie there is.

You probably did not read the quote. Gibson got most of his ideas from two mystic nuns, not the Bible. Gibson is a Catholic. His "Jesus" needed Mary to be a co-redeemer with Him. His "Jesus" was whipped and beaten while satan looked on and smiled and shed so much blood it needed to be sopped up by at least 3 woman who got towels from Pilate's wife. His "Jesus" was crucified with wine cups swinging from the cross symbolizing the Catholic Eucharist. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. That is not the Jesus Christ I read about in the NT and who is my Savior :sheep:

The best review series on the movie that I have read:

http://www.seekgod.ca/gibsonbridget.htm

http://www.seekgod.ca/gibsonadvocates.htm