The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To respond to the OP; Yes, the rep system is now and has always been a joke.
If you want to game it game away, the fact that it can be gamed means it is useless. Those who game it have to spend all that time doing it and then Knight resets it so think of all the hours they spent gaming for useless internet points that just vanish eventually anyway.
That's a great point.

Like I have said all along.... who cares what your rep score is? I use the rep system to give comments to posters that I don't want to post in the regular thread because it would just distract from the thread.

StanJ

People tend to let power go to their heads even if it's only perceived power. It can happen to any of us which is why we should be vigilant.

Power corrupts....absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

Not to many are immune from this human condition.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To respond to the OP; Yes, the rep system is now and has always been a joke.
If you want to game it game away, the fact that it can be gamed means it is useless. Those who game it have to spend all that time doing it and then Knight resets it so think of all the hours they spent gaming for useless internet points that just vanish eventually anyway.
Well, once upon a time, without cadre or appeal, with goodwill from right and left, religious and non, the son of a door to door gravy salesman from Florida grew up in the midst of rep wars and rep famines, to be King for one, brief shining moment. (music swells)

Come here, my man. Tell me your name.
fool: It is fool, Milord.
Where is your home?
fool: I'm not going to tell you. You could be anyone.
Then listen to me, fool of who knows where. You will not fight in this rep battle, do you hear?
fool: (Disappointed') Yes, Milord.
You will run behind the lines and hide in your profile page till it is over. Then you will return to your home to grow old. Do you understand?
fool: Yes, Milord.
And for as long as you live you will remember what I, the King, tell you; and you will do as I command.
fool: (No longer disappointed") Yes, Milord.
Each evening from December to December
Before you drift to sleep, remember well,
Think back on all the posts where once you lingered, on TOL.
Ask ev'ry person if he's heard the story;
And tell it strong and clear as you can tell:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
in TOL.
TOL! TOL...
Now say it out with love and joy!
fool: (Bursting with it) TOL! TOL!
Yes, TOL, my boy . .
Now, run, Sir fool! Between the lines!
fool: (Radiantly) Yes, Milord. (He runs off...there's a sound of stumbling followed by a scream)
Run, Sir fool! Run boy! Through the lines! Mind the point.
PELLINORE: Who is that, TH?
Haven't a clue. Run boy! (another, more distant sound of falling, second scream)

Scene. [certain license taken for literary and educational purposes]

fool

Hall of Fame
Well, once upon a time, without cadre or appeal, with goodwill from right and left, religious and non, the son of a door to door gravy salesman from Florida grew up in the midst of rep wars and rep famines, to be King for one, brief shining moment. (music swells)

Come here, my man. Tell me your name.
fool: It is fool, Milord.
Where is your home?
fool: I'm not going to tell you. You could be anyone.
Then listen to me, fool of who knows where. You will not fight in this rep battle, do you hear?
fool: (Disappointed') Yes, Milord.
You will run behind the lines and hide in your profile page till it is over. Then you will return to your home to grow old. Do you understand?
fool: Yes, Milord.
And for as long as you live you will remember what I, the King, tell you; and you will do as I command.
fool: (No longer disappointed") Yes, Milord.
Each evening from December to December
Before you drift to sleep, remember well,
Think back on all the posts where once you lingered, on TOL.
Ask ev'ry person if he's heard the story;
And tell it strong and clear as you can tell:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
in TOL.
TOL! TOL...
Now say it out with love and joy!
fool: (Bursting with it) TOL! TOL!
Yes, TOL, my boy . .
Now, run, Sir fool! Behind the lines!
fool: (Radiantly) Yes, Milord. (He runs off...there's a sound of stumbling followed by a scream)
Run, Sir fool! Run boy! Through the lines! Mind the point.
PELLINORE: Who is that, TH?
Haven't a clue. Run boy! (another, more distant sound of falling, second scream)

Scene. [certain license taken for literary and educational purposes]

That's......beautiful. :cry:
I wish I had some idea what it meant :dunce:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I only had a dime for every time I said that after reading a TH post. :cloud9:

I've never had any problem understanding TH's posts and this one was an obvious parody of a scene in King Lear.

But usually my real problem is agreeing with him! That said, I generally have done so on this thread and his huge increase in rep recently has obviously been as a result of my lowly one or two points. So watch out, I am the kingmaker here! Like they say at Tesco: 'every little helps.' And for anyone who doesn't know what Tesco is - it's short for the Latin phrase Tesco ergo sum, which means 'I shop, therefore I am'.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've never had any problem understanding TH's posts and this one was an obvious parody of a scene in King Lear.

But usually my real problem is agreeing with him! That said, I generally have done so on this thread and his huge increase in rep recently has obviously been as a result of my lowly one or two points. So watch out, I am the kingmaker here! Like they say at Tesco: 'every little helps.' And for anyone who doesn't know what Tesco is - it's short for the Latin phrase Tesco ergo sum, which means 'I shop, therefore I am'.

I am a Reign repper - 2 songs come to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.