ECT The New Circumcision's warning

Interplanner

But there is quite a bit of history in the Bible.

For example, who are the Anglo-Saxons?

"The term Anglo-Saxon seems to have been first used by Continental writers in the late 8th century to distinguish the Saxons of Britain from those of the European continent, whom St. Bede the Venerable had called Antiqui Saxones (“Old Saxons”). The name formed part of a title, rex Angul-Saxonum (“king of the Anglo-Saxons”), which was sometimes used by King Alfred of Wessex (reigned 871–99) and some of his successors. By the time of the Norman Conquest, the kingdom that had developed from the realm of the Anglo-Saxon peoples had become known as England, and Anglo-Saxon as a collective term for the region’s people was eventually supplanted by “English.” For some time thereafter, Anglo-Saxon persisted as an informal synonym for English, but that use diminished as emigrants from Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, and other areas beyond northern Europe further reshaped Britain’s ethnic composition."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Anglo-Saxon

Besides asking 'where is the Bible in any of this quote?' I have to ask what got you started on this in this thread.

The OP is that the expression 'you will be cut off from your people' in Acts 3 echoed that of the Gen 17 chapter on circumcision, as warnings go. So you might say, the warning was fulfilled in Christ: the stance one takes in relation to him has the same weight as the ancient warning. And it was said in Acts 3 in a way that would take place in that generation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have to ask what got you started on this in this thread.

In post 1 someone said, "Anyone who believed and worked in the mission was the 'new Israel'."

OK, but what happened to the old Israel? Did the Father abandon his firstborn son?

Did he?

Interplanner

In post 1 someone said, "Anyone who believed and worked in the mission was the 'new Israel'."

OK, but what happened to the old Israel? Did the Father abandon his firstborn son?

Did he?

There are no racial lines, Jamie. Those who go to work in his mission are his sons. God has not abandoned 'his older son' as though there were only two choices. He has abandoned--OR NEVER WAS PARTNERED WITH--those who don't believe. Judaism introduced the idea that it was based on race, as you can see from the first flashpoints between JohnB and Christ vs Judaism in the accounts.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are no racial lines, Jamie.

Someone said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

I'll see if I can find out who said that.

I believe it was the same man who was reluctant to give the children's bread to dogs.

I have a dog, but I hardly ever give him bread. It's not good for dogs to eat bread alone.

SaulToPaul 2

There are no racial lines, Jamie. Those who go to work in his mission are his sons. God has not abandoned 'his older son' as though there were only two choices. He has abandoned--OR NEVER WAS PARTNERED WITH--those who don't believe. Judaism introduced the idea that it was based on race, as you can see from the first flashpoints between JohnB and Christ vs Judaism in the accounts.

Commentary driven fantasy.