The natural man cannot receive the gospel !

beloved57

Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

May I elaborate some here. This scripture informs us that the sarnal mind is at odds with, it goes backwards from God, and to top it off it CANT be subject to the Law of God, or simply stated God. Nor can it be subject to Gods Gospel in Christ, and why do I say that ? Because of the word law. Its meaning is:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

1. of any law whatsoever
    1. a law or rule producing a state approved of God
      1. by the observance of which is approved of God
    2. a precept or injunction
    3. the rule of action prescribed by reason
  2. of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents
  3. the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love
  4. the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

Notice the word denotes a command. The Gospel Call is a command to be obeyed, thats why Paul said of it Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? This word obeyed means:

to obey, be obedient to, submit to

Paul is reiterating what he wrote back up in Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.
    What is the Righteousness of God they have not submitted themselves to ? Its the Gospel, wherein the Righteousness of God is revealed Rom 1:16-17
    16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
    Now many of the jews Paul preached to would not submit to this righteousness of God Pauls preached Gospel revealed.

The word submitted in Rom 10:3 is the greek word
    hypotassō:
    1. to arrange under, to subordinate
    2. to subject, put in subjection
    3. to subject one's self, obey
    4. to submit to one's control
    5. to yield to one's admonition or advice
    6. to obey, be subject

And its the very same word Paul uses in Rpm 8:7 when he writes the carnal mind will not and cannot be subject to the Law of God.

So this is evidence that the carnal mind cannot obey the Gospel command to believe on the Name of the Son of God, for it is a Command 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

That word commandment means:

an injunction, order, command

Those words define exactly what the word law means as I showed earlier !
      So if anyone preaches that the carnal mind, unregenerate man or women can believe the Gospel, they do lie and speak not the truth !

Last edited:

Nanja

Rom 8:7

7 [FONT=&]Because[/FONT] the carnal mind is enmity against God:[FONT=&] for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.[/FONT][FONT=&]

May I elaborate some here. This scripture informs us that the sarnal mind is at odds with, it goes backwards from God, and to top it off it CANT be subject to the Law of God, or simply stated God. Nor can it be subject to Gods Gospel in Christ, and why do I say that ? Because of the word law. Its meaning is:

[/FONT]anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

1. of any law whatsoever
    1. a law or rule producing a state approved of God
      1. by the observance of which is approved of God
    2. a precept or injunction
    3. the rule of action prescribed by reason
  2. of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents
  3. the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love
  4. the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

Notice the word denotes a command. The Gospel Call is a command to be obeyed, thats why Paul said of it Rom 10:16

[FONT=&]But they have not all [/FONT]obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? This word obeyed means:

to obey, be obedient to, submit to

Paul is reiterating what he wrote back up in Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.
    What is the Righteousness of God they have not submitted themselves to ? Its the Gospel, wherein the Righteousness of God is revealed Rom 1:16-17
    [FONT=&]16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&]17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.[/FONT]
    Now many of the jews Paul preached to would not submit to this righteousness of God Pauls preached Gospel revealed.

The word submitted in Rom 10:3 is the greek word
    hypotassō:

1. to arrange under, to subordinate
    2. to subject, put in subjection
    3. to subject one's self, obey
    4. to submit to one's control
    5. to yield to one's admonition or advice
    6. to obey, be subject

And its the very same word Paul uses in Rpm 8:7 when he writes the carnal mind will not and cannot be subject to the Law of God.

So this is evidence that the carnal mind cannot obey the Gospel command to believe on the Name of the Son of God, for it is a Command 1 Jn 3:23

[FONT=&]And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

That word commandment means:

an injunction, order, command

Those words define exactly what the word law means as I showed earlier !
      So if anyone preaches that the carnal mind, unregenerate man or women can believe the Gospel, they do lie and speak not the truth !
      [/FONT]

Exactly correct Brother, and TY for further elaborating on Rom. 8:7 and the meaning of the word Law !

beloved57

The Bible teaches us that we cannot believe the things of God unless we have already become saved.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Jesus in essence teaches us the same thing as Paul did, Jn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The word see here means :
to see, perceive, attend to

Remember with Lydia the difference Acts 16:14

And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things[Gospel] which were spoken of Paul.

I believe the Lord here is the Lord the Spirit see 2 Cor 3:17.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Bible teaches us that we cannot believe the things of God unless we have already become saved.

No, it doesn't.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The verse doesn't say anything about being saved PRIOR to believing the things of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Sure it does,

Saying it doesn't make it so.

an unsaved person is dead to God!

Yes, I'm aware.

And yet, one cannot believe unto righteousness or confess unto salvation if God has not called him.
And yet, God still loves the unsaved person who is dead to Him, and wants to bring him back to life.

You said:

You, not me, think that "the things of God" includes believing in Christ. But scripture says that believing in Christ and confessing He is Lord is a pre-condition of God gracing a person out (NOTE: It's not man's belief or confession that saves a person, those are simply conditions that must be met for God to save him. God cannot save those who do not want Him to save them.) Therefore, "the things of God" CANNOT include "confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead."

God made the first move by sending His Son to die on the cross.
He tells men to go preach to the lost.
The lost who are preached to hear the gospel being preached, so that they might believe.
When the lost hear the gospel, if they believe, they shall call on Him in whom they previously have not believed.
And if they call on Him, they shall be saved, for "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:10

beloved57

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Yes, I'm aware.

And yet, one cannot believe unto righteousness or confess unto salvation if God has not called him.
And yet, God still loves the unsaved person who is dead to Him, and wants to bring him back to life.

You said:

You, not me, think that "the things of God" includes believing in Christ. But scripture says that believing in Christ and confessing He is Lord is a pre-condition of God gracing a person out (NOTE: It's not man's belief or confession that saves a person, those are simply conditions that must be met for God to save him. God cannot save those who do not want Him to save them.) Therefore, "the things of God" CANNOT include "confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead."

The lost who are preached to hear the gospel being preached, so that they might believe.
When the lost hear the gospel, if they believe, they shall call on Him in whom they previously have not believed.
And if they call on Him, they shall be saved, for "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:10
If you aware, then what's your contention about ? The natural man is dead to God, doesnt receive the things of the Spirit of God, CANT know them because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 2:14

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you aware, then what's your contention about?

All you have to do to get the answer to that is read my post, B57, which I know you just hate doing.

The natural man is dead to God, doesnt receive the things of the Spirit of God, CANT know them because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 2:14

beloved57

All you have to do to get the answer to that is read my post, B57, which I know you just hate doing.

A person cant believe in Christ if hes dead in sin. When a man is dead in sin, hes spiritually dead, hes carnal, hes in the flesh. Now the carnal mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7, it hates God, the True God. Let me show you

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

That word enmity is the greek word echthra:

hostility; by implication, a reason for opposition:—enmity, hatred.

Hatred is a work of the flesh Gal 5:20

See my friend, naturally the carnal mind of man hates God ! Im talking about the True God, not the god of his religious understanding, a figment of his imagination. This hatred against God isnt resolved until a person is born anwew.

See a person must agree with God, and not hate Him to confess. You keep using Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Those words confess, and confession mean :

1. to say the same thing as another, i.e. to agree with, assent

But man by nature doesnt agree with God, he doesnt say the same thing as God, in fact he is against God, hates God, rejects God. So Rom 10:9-10 is a regenerate person who is now in harmony with God spiritually ! It cant apply to the unregenerate man or woman.

beloved57

The Gospel when it goes out either a person will hear and understand it with a carnal mind, being unregenerate or a spiritual, renewed mind being regenerate. Now scripture is plain that if a person hears and understands the Gospel with a carnal mind, unregenerate, he receives it not, neither can he know/understand it SPIRITUALLY simply because its Spiritually discerned 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Gospel when it goes out either a person will hear and understand it with a carnal mind, being unregenerate or a spiritual, renewed mind being regenerate.

Scripture says otherwise:

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah55:11&version=NKJV

Now scripture is plain that if a person hears and understands the Gospel with a carnal mind, unregenerate, he receives it not, neither can he know/understand it SPIRITUALLY simply because its Spiritually discerned 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Could a carnal Jew have looked at the serpent on the pole and be healed?

Could a carnal Jew have painted over his doorpost with the blood of a lamb and been spared from the angel of death?

beloved57

Scripture says otherwise:

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah55:11&version=NKJV

Could a carnal Jew have looked at the serpent on the pole and be healed?

Could a carnal Jew have painted over his doorpost with the blood of a lamb and been spared from the angel of death?
No scripture doesnt say otherwise, for its scripture that says man cannot know the Spiritual things of God 1 Cor 2:14

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No scripture doesnt say otherwise, for its scripture that says man cannot know the Spiritual things of God 1 Cor 2:14

Could a gentile have looked at the serpent on the pole and been healed?

Could an egyptian have painted over his doorpost with the blood of a lamb and been spared from the angel of death?

Scripture says that God provides for the whole, yet only those who turn to Him will be saved.

Last edited:

beloved57

Could an egyptian have painted over his doorpost with the blood of a lamb and been spared from the angel of death?

Scripture says that God provides for the whole, yet only those who turn to Him will be saved.
Nothings change, either jew or gentile, as natural men they cannot know spiritually the Gospel !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nothings change, either jew or gentile, as natural men they cannot know spiritually the Gospel !

Answer the questions, yes or no: