The natural man cannot receive the gospel !

beloved57

That's strange, because 8,000 natural men heard and believed the Gospel on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

You can quote all you want, The Gospel is hid to them that are Lost 2 Cor 4:3 ! The natural man cannot receive it 1 Cor 2:14 !

And you lied, where does it say in Acts 2 or anywhere else that 8000 natural men heard and believed the Gospel ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You can quote all you want, The Gospel is hid to them that are Lost 2 Cor 4:3 ! The natural man cannot receive it 1 Cor 2:14 !

And you lied, where does it say in Acts 2 or anywhere else that 8000 natural men heard and believed the Gospel ?

All you have to do is read the scripture.

Robert Pate

Banned
The natural man can't receive the things of the Spirit of God, they are foolishness to him 1 Cor 2:14. You are a living example of proof!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

What you believe about God is what is going to send you to hell. It is very apparent that you don't have faith in him. You think that he damns people to hell before they are born. That is a terrible thing to believe about God and is blasphemy.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen, yes he is!
Matthew 5:44-48 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

beloved57

The Gospel is a Mystery to the natural man, it cant be known except by superatural revelation. Paul when an natural man in the jews religion im sure he heard naturally that Christ died for sinners, however he hadnt had the Gospel revealed to him then, save by natural understanding. He writes later that the Gospel was revealed, a revelation Gal 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

And so it is with all who come to receive it and believe it, its revealed to them by the agency of Christ's Spirit 1 Cor 2:7-10

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Now the Wisdom of God in Vs 7 above is the Gospel of Christ, its to preach Christ 1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

This Wisdom of God Christ crucified and what it means in the eternal counsels of God is a mystery to the natural man, it can only be known by revelation. If people tell you that natural born children can learn and believe the Gospel of Christ, they are false witnesses, unless they're taught it by revelation as well as anyone else !

Nanja

beloved57

This Wisdom of God Christ crucified and what it means in the eternal counsels of God is a mystery to the natural man, it can only be known by revelation. If people tell you that natural born children can learn and believe the Gospel of Christ, they are false witnesses, unless they're taught it by revelation as well as anyone else !

Amen to that! The Gospel of Christ is only revealed to the New Spiritual Man, regardless of whether being a child or adult, as a result of New Birth. Therefore, every Elect individual that Christ redeemed from sin by His Death Eph. 1:4-7; Rom. 8:33, His Spirit makes their forgiveness / remission of sins experimentally known to them Rom. 1:17: Their Salvation is revealed to their New Heart / Mind [leb] Ezek. 36:26-27; Luke 1:77, exactly as you have shown how the Apostle Paul speaks of receiving the Gospel Gal. 1:11-12.

God's Truth

RP and Calvinists arguing about who obeys God the least.

Only those who believe and obey Jesus will be saved, and you both preach against it.

God's Truth

What you believe about God is what is going to send you to hell. It is very apparent that you don't have faith in him. You think that he damns people to hell before they are born. That is a terrible thing to believe about God and is blasphemy.

You believe and preach that those who preach obedience to Christ are going to hell.

You both should be afraid.

God's Truth

Just think about it more carefully:

Calvinists: God sends people to hell and saves others, these others are saved for nothing and for no knowable reason.

Robert Pate and other faith only people: God send people to hell who have obeyed what He said to do.

Which God is worse? I say the faith only one. However, you both are equal on hindering people from being saved.

Truster

You have a speculative notion of Messiah that lacks comprehension and a barren notion of the grace that brings salvation.

Furthermore you have no experience of the power of the evangelism.

While in my sins and my natural state I received the evangelism and the effects thereof and therein by mighty power:

For our evangelism came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:​

Truster

PS

For I am not ashamed of the evangelism of Messiah: for it is the power of Elohim unto salvation to everyone that trusteth;​

This power is not speculative it is felt by the regenerate at the point of regeneration. Something you have read about, talked about, written about, but never felt.

oatmeal

1 Cor 2:14

14 [FONT=&]But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It should be no question that the things of the Spirit of God here is the Gospel, and they must be spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is called foolishness to the natural man again here by Paul 1 Cor 1:18

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Now the Gospel is light 2 Cor 4:4

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the [/FONT]light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

However, darkness cannot comprehend the light Jn 1:5

[FONT=&]And the [/FONT]light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

And men by nature are darkness until made light in the Lord Eph 5:8

[FONT=&]For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

As long as we are darkness by nature, we cannot comprehend the Gospel, the things of God in it, it will be foolishness unto us.

The carnal natural mind is at enmity against God Rom 8:7

[/FONT]
7 [FONT=&]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

This is true even if its naturally moral and religious ![/FONT]

The things of the spirit of God that is being referred to is the manifestation of the spirit which is given to every man (every believer) to profit withal

I Corinthians 12:8-10

Until a man is born again of God's spirit, the natural man cannot be a spiritual man, but once an individual decides that Jesus is lord and confesses so with his mouth and believes in his heart that God raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9-10, then that man has the potential to become a spiritually minded man as the word speaks of being spiritually minded.

Those who are not spiritually minded do not speak in tongues, they do not interpret tongues, they so not give forth words of prophecy, they do not receive the words of knowledge and wisdom and the discerning of spirits when given by God, let alone believe that revelation and do miracles and give gifts of healing.

Until a man is born again, he is a natural man, he needs to hear the gospel to believe, when he does he may choose to believe or choose otherwise, if he chooses to believe, he becomes more than just body and soul, he received the gift of spirit from God, eternal life spirit, holy spirit. I John 4:13

beloved57

The things of the spirit of God that is being referred to is the manifestation of the spirit which is given to every man (every believer) to profit withal

I Corinthians 12:8-10

Until a man is born again of God's spirit, the natural man cannot be a spiritual man, but once an individual decides that Jesus is lord and confesses so with his mouth and believes in his heart that God raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9-10, then that man has the potential to become a spiritually minded man as the word speaks of being spiritually minded.

Those who are not spiritually minded do not speak in tongues, they do not interpret tongues, they so not give forth words of prophecy, they do not receive the words of knowledge and wisdom and the discerning of spirits when given by God, let alone believe that revelation and do miracles and give gifts of healing.

Until a man is born again, he is a natural man, he needs to hear the gospel to believe, when he does he may choose to believe or choose otherwise, if he chooses to believe, he becomes more than just body and soul, he received the gift of spirit from God, eternal life spirit, holy spirit. I John 4:13

Denial and rabbit trail !

oatmeal

Denial and rabbit trail !

Awesome!

Nice try!

How will a natural man a man of body and soul only, a carnal man, ever believe to become a spiritually minded man if it is, as you say impossible for a natural man to receive the gospel?

If you are right, then it is impossible for anyone to believe any of God's word, it is even impossible for you!

We were all dead in trespasses and sins without Christ and with God and without hope Ephesians 2:1-3,12

How did you believe the gospel if it is impossible to believe the gospel?

Don't try that line that God did it all for you without your consent and believing.

Have you ever read Romans 10:9-10

IF you confess and believe.. Did you choose to confess and believe? You had to if you are saved.

God's Truth

Furthermore you have no experience of the power of the evangelism.

While in my sins and my natural state I received the evangelism and the effects thereof and therein by mighty power:

For our evangelism came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:​

The Holy Spirit came upon them with power because God who knows everyone's heart knew those people were really right in the heart.

God's Truth

PS

For I am not ashamed of the evangelism of Messiah: for it is the power of Elohim unto salvation to everyone that trusteth;​

This power is not speculative it is felt by the regenerate at the point of regeneration. Something you have read about, talked about, written about, but never felt.

No one is given the Holy Spirit/regenerated until they are accepted by God, after they believe and obey God.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

beloved57

The Gospel in that its the Wisdom of God, its a hidden Wisdom and a Mystery to the natural world 1 Cor 2:6-7

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Gospel is hidden from the natural world in general!

oatmeal

There is more to the gospel than just the things of the spirit of God.

Spiritual matters cannot be understood by the natural man, but the other matters that the gospel includes leads the natural man to God and His word and the carnal Christian to grow spiritually