The Myth of saying that God Loved all men in the world without exception !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ

The definite article before Love ,lets us know that Paul is emphasizing the One and Only Love of the One and Only God, and its only in Christ Jesus our Lord !

What does that mean therefore ? How about Jn 3:16 ? If the World of Jn 3:16 were not already a Chosen World in Christ Jesus, a World Chosen in Him before the Foundation Eph 1:4, then it would be a World that God did not so Love, for God cannot Love and does not Love anyone outside of Christ, already covered with His Righteousness and Washed in His Blood, for His Love can only be in Christ Jesus Our Lord !

Those born outside of the pale of Election in Christ, are not Loved but hated by God !

beloved57

God's discriminating Love !

God's discriminating Love !

Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

That God does not Love all men, but in fact that He hates some, is seen here in this most hated by natural man portion of Truth, and if this verse was not enough for there is another that even moreso reveals God's hate for Esau and Love for Jacob Mal 1:2-3

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau,
and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Thats discriminant Love. This hate is not a sinful passion of hatred like Titus 3:3

3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

And God's hate of an individual does not deny them creature comforts, His providential care as their Creator, thats clear from Jesus words here Matt 5:44-45

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:r for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth gain on the just and on the unjust.

God forbids His Children to ck human compassion for his fellow creature [though they may be a enemy to Truth] they are still from a creature perspective his neighbor. Jesus Illustrates this point here Lk 10:29-36

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

In Vs 33 that word compassion is the greek word splagchnizomai and means:

to be moved as to one's bowels, hence to be moved with compassion, have compassion (for the bowels were thought to be the seat of love and pity)

Let me give you an example of how this can practically play out. Those who are false gospel preachers and enemies in the gospel like those of Gal 1:8-9 or those false teachers who come bringing a false doctrine of Christ and believers are to show them no hospitality whatsoever as Per 2 Jn 2:1:10

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Now in this situation no hospitality should even be allowed. Now, if this same person was seen by us perhaps in a burning car and could use our help in saving their life, then we should not lack the human compassion to attempt to save that persons life in any way feasible, just because they are an enemies of the Truth ! There should be a love or a compassion in us to aide that person even though from a spiritual stand point they are our enemy. We still should not ever invite them to hospitality in our homes as before in 2 Jn 2:1:10

A person does not have to be another believer in order for us to show human compassion for them which is another form of love !

Yes, I believe God Loves the non elect in that capacity as their Creator, not as their Heavenly Father, and God's Children should Love the non elect in that way but not as their brothers in Christ !

Even in natural things of doing good, preference should be made to those of the Household of Faith over the unbeliever Gal 6:10

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Even that imperative is discriminating !

beloved57

God's discriminating Love ! 2

God's discriminating Love ! 2

Now Esau whom God stated that He hated did bless him with providential blessings and comforts, but these are no indications that He Loved him, but merely provided for him as He does all His creatures See Gen 36:6.

However the Love that God had for His Elect Jacob that He did not have for esau, a Love that esau and all non elect persons are excluded from, they being rejected of the Lord,is a hate of exclusion from Eternal Love in Christ Jesus. They are excluded from this Love Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Remember Jesus prayer and He said this about His disciples and believers Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Thats the Love of God in Christ Jesus, Loved before the foundation of the World even as Christ was Loved.

The non elect like the esau's are excluded from that Love, and so hated !

All outside of this exclusive Love of God, for in the original it reads with the definite article:

της αγαπης του θεου της εν χριστω ιησου τω κυριω ημων

Then we are viewed by God only as workers of Iniquity whom God hates Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Remember these Jesus said of Matt 25:1-2

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

And are these not the same as here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The foolish virgins and they that work iniquity are the same that God hates, and they are excluded from the Kingdom of His Love !

beloved57

For His Great love wherewith He loved us ?

For His Great love wherewith He loved us ?

Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

If God so Loved all men without exception as it is falsely believed today, that Great Love that it is, That word Great denotes: Strong , Intense,Large Love, then why did He not because of it by,Quicken them all without exception while they were dead in trespasses and sins, as stated here that He did or those He Loved Eph 2:4-5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Notice that this quickening occurs, even when or while we ourselves are being dead in sin.

Now this is key, because this quickening takes place even while we are in a present state of rebellion and unbelief,its while being [present tense] dead in sin. Its similar to when or while we were being enemies, we were reconciled to God.

Quickening does not come as a result of ones faith, repentance, and contrition over sin, but it comes while we are in the grasp of spiritual death and "we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;"

Similar to the Apostle Paul at the time his quickening took place, it was while he was in a hateful rage against Christ and his followers See Acts 9:1ff

The only condition for this quickening on the sinners part is to be dead in sin, and on God's part, that He Loved them with a Great Love while they were dead in sin and rebellion !

So why aren't all men without exception quickened ? That word quicken literally means [I make alive together with.]

The reason why God did not do that to all mankind without exception is because He does not Love all mankind without exception !

beloved57

Discriminating Love of Jesus Christ !

Discriminating Love of Jesus Christ !

Here we have the discriminating Love from the Saviour's Mouth Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Now if Christ Loved all men without exception,why the discriminating statement here " as many as I Love " ?

He goes on to say of them He Loves, that He rebukes and chastens, and to them He commands to Repent !

The Fact is this, Christ does not Love all men without exception, and they are without chastisement from Him Heb 12:5-8

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all[Sons] are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Christ Loves only His Own in this wicked World Jn 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Now something I will add in this regard, Remember the Rich Young Ruler of whom it is said Jesus Loved ? Mk 10:17-22

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Now remember, Heb 12:5-8,11 about chastening ? Notice Vs 11

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

That word grievous is the same word grieved as in Mk 10:22, so Jesus Loved that young ruler and made Him feel grief, because He was chastening him because He Loved him !

I have no doubt that the Young Man will be in Glory, because Jesus Loved Him ! Whose Love is discriminate !

beloved57

God Loves only for Chosen in Christ !

God Loves only for Chosen in Christ !

We know God does not Love all men without exception, because God, The True God is Love. God's attribute of Love is essential to His Essential and Eternal Being, He could not be God without being Love. The Love of God, which God is, is Immutable and cannot suffer change. Now understand this, God could not be Love if His Love did not have objects to Love, and the objects of His Love must be as Eternal as He is, or His Love is not Eternal, which means He is not Eternal, because He is Love ! We know for a Fact that God the Father had a object had a object of His Love before the foundation of the World Jn 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The Father Loved Him this early as the Mediator Prov 8:30

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

However, the Love to His Son was not to Him as a plain Individual, but as the Head and Mediator of His Body the Church, So Jesus goes on to say Jn 17:23

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Now as He was the Fathers delight Prov 8:30, those The Father gave Him to Mediate for was His Delight Prov 8:31

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

As Mediator they were the Children God hath given Him Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me [to delight in].

So, the Father has Loved the Members of His Body, whom He gave to Him, as He Loved the Son, which Love is before the foundation of the World. So they have that exclusive Love of God which is in Christ Jesus Our Lord and Mediator Rom 8:39

Christ Jesus is the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Now were all men without exception Chosen in Christ ? For God so Loved His Chosen Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

No, this passage proves that God's Love is exclusive to a certain people that He has chosen !

In the greek Rom 8:39 the Love of God in Christ is exclusive Love, for it reads with the definite article:

τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν.

beloved57

Since God is Love !

Since God is Love !

Since God is Love and that He is Holy, the objects of His Love must be also Holy, now this can apply only to God's Elect, which because of their Election in Christ before the World Began, God doeth see them in Him at all times Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Even while in and of themselves, they are unholy and enemies. Other than this, God cannot Love unholy creatures 2 Tim 3:2

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

You see, all those Chosen in Christ, though in themselves unholy as others, yet because of being in Christ, they are BEFORE GOD Holy and Without Blame ! Eph 1:4

God does not even charge them with their trespasses 2 Cor 5:19, though they come out the womb trespassing against Him as do the Wicked Ps 58:3

The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Thou they are born sinners as others, God does not charge them with sin, their slate is clean before Him, not for their own sakes, but for the sake of Him He chose them in before the foundation !

For God is Eternally Perfect and Essentially Holy in all His Divine Properties, and His Holy Love cannot rest upon objects that are otherwise, for if God's Love rested upon any unworthy objects [ outside of election in Christ] objects that are inferior to His Own Perfection, it would be a declension and inconsistency from His Excellent Dignity and Glory Heb 1:9

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And only those He Loved in His Son fits the Bill Rom 8:39

A Holy Love for Holy Objects !

Epoisses

What an excellect essay on human love! You have no concept of God's agape love. For God so loved the world that.....

God even loves you with all your sin and worthless calvinistic drivel. Jesus died for you and offers you a brand new life with no sin whatsoever. In order to receive this new life, your old life has to die and that's hard part..

No man can be born again until the old man is put to death.

beloved57

By John 3:16

By John 3:16

We know God does not Love all mankind without exception by John 3:16, simply because God's Love for men, if He Loved them at all, is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

Which Love of God, the objects of it cannot be separated from it according Rom 8:39.

Now many shall be cast into the lake of Fire as cursed souls with the devil and his angels Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Now if those are not going to be separated from the Love of God in this horrible state, then what is. Will they continue in this everlasting fire not separated from the Love of God that is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39 which is the same Love of God in Jn 3:16 ?

If these creatures were ever Loved of God, which is in Christ Jesus, then we must concede that while in that cursed everlasting condition, that God still Loves them as He did here Jn 3:16, with that His Exclusive Love which is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39.

BTW in Rom 8:39, the Love of God is definite and distinct, it follows the definite article in the original:

ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν.

There is no such thing as a different or lesser Love of God, or any other such foolish and wicked inventions of men with depraved minds who resist the Truth. God either Loved us from all Eternity with His Eternal Love in Christ Jesus or He did not, ain't no in between. Those goats on His Left Hand, were not of the World God Loved, and their Eternal Death, separation from Him is evidence, lest Rom 8:39 is a Lie !

beloved57

Given a good hope through grace !

Given a good hope through grace !

All whom God Loved and Christ died for, by His Death alone they are given hope through Grace 2 Thess 2:16

16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

This Good Hope comes through being begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

None whom God Loved will not be given this Hope ! Which is related to Faith !

beloved57

His Great Love wherewith he loved us !

His Great Love wherewith he loved us !

Eph 2:4-5

Now how can these whom God Loved while they were dead in sin, and as Paul writes in Vs 2- 3

walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

This is describing most wicked and ungodly conduct to say the least, and yet God had not just Love but Great Love for them, even as they worked nothing but iniquity, then how could they be the same as these Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Now by Nature and wicked behavior whats the difference ?

Yes we have scripture Testimony that God had Great Love for one group while wicked in behavior Eph 2:2-4, and Hatred for the other group while wicked in behavior Ps 5:5.

The difference is this, God's Love for the One group was because they were His Chosen Eph 1:4-5, for God's Love and choice of a People go hand and hand Deut 7:6-7

For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

The same Love and choice is seen in Eph 1:4-5, 2:4.

So its the Love of God in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

BUT the other group are not God's chosen, and so hated by God Ps 5:5, so its God's Eternal Love in Christ Jesus and Election in Christ that makes the difference in the groups of evil doers, one Loved and Chosen in Christ, and the others not !

beloved57

Loved them while dead in sin !

Loved them while dead in sin !

Because God Loved His Chosen while they were dead in sin Eph 2:4-5, That's evidence that they belonged to Him and were even then His Sons 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

So they are His Sons both Places 1 Jn 3:1 and Eph 2:4-5

This Great Love and the What Manner of Love 1 Jn 3:1 is the same Love of God and for the same objects, His Sons !

The Love of God for them in 1 Jn 3:1 is no Greater for them than it is for them in 1 Jn 3:1, if Sons here, then Son's there.

This proves that to be a lie which states believers were not Sons of God before Faith, that's equivalent to saying that they were Not Loved by the Father before Faith, which would contradict Eph 2:4-5

4 But God[The Father], who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ[The Son], (by grace ye are saved )

Epoisses

We know God does not Love all mankind without exception by John 3:16, simply because God's Love for men, if He Loved them at all, is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

Which Love of God, the objects of it cannot be separated from it according Rom 8:39.

Now many shall be cast into the lake of Fire as cursed souls with the devil and his angels Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Now if those are not going to be separated from the Love of God in this horrible state, then what is. Will they continue in this everlasting fire not separated from the Love of God that is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39 which is the same Love of God in Jn 3:16 ?

If these creatures were ever Loved of God, which is in Christ Jesus, then we must concede that while in that cursed everlasting condition, that God still Loves them as He did here Jn 3:16, with that His Exclusive Love which is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39.

BTW in Rom 8:39, the Love of God is definite and distinct, it follows the definite article in the original:

ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν.

There is no such thing as a different or lesser Love of God, or any other such foolish and wicked inventions of men with depraved minds who resist the Truth. God either Loved us from all Eternity with His Eternal Love in Christ Jesus or He did not, ain't no in between. Those goats on His Left Hand, were not of the World God Loved, and their Eternal Death, separation from Him is evidence, lest Rom 8:39 is a Lie !

It is easy to look at the final end of sin and sinners and say God loved these who are saved and not these who are lost. But this is a false picture which usually stems from our human understanding of God and his love. God's love or 'agape' in the greek is an unconditional expression which shines on every living thing like the sun. Some respond to this love and are changed by it and some who love darkness turn away. It is important to understand however, that God loves all people because he created all people and Christ has died for all people.

'That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.' Matt 5:45

beloved57

epo

It is easy to look at the final end of sin and sinners and say God loved these who are saved and not these who are lost
Do you understand post 169 ? Rehearse the points with me so I can see you understand them.

beloved57

Jeremiah 31:3

Jeremiah 31:3

Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Those whom God Loved in Christ from Everlasting, or before the world began Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them [The Church], as thou hast loved me.

The very same are drawn to God effectually ! Now by saying therefore, that gives us the signal that the drawing was due to the Everlasting Love, which is only in Christ Jesus Our Lord Rom 8:39

This Love of God is exclusive, no other Love does God have save that which is in Christ Jesus ! This Love is founded in Eternal Election in Christ, or we cannot be Loved by God from Everlasting, no one can ! And if we were, without doubt He will draw us to Himself, He will quicken us Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us [Jer 31:3],

If God Loved us, then He saves us by His Grace !

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We know God does not Love all men without exception, because God, The True God is Love. God's attribute of Love is essential to His Essential and Eternal Being, He could not be God without being Love. The Love of God, which God is, is Immutable and cannot suffer change. Now understand this, God could not be Love if His Love did not have objects to Love, ... blah, blah, drivel, drivel

Yet another know-it-all who thinks he can tell God what he must be and what he must do in order to be God. Sad, but also tasteless.

beloved57

The World of John 3:16

The World of John 3:16

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The World here God so loved, sorry, but its not all mankind without exception, but all mankind without distinction, and those of mankind that are the Son's of God. Now how do we know this ? Because if God so loved us, then we are the Sons of God 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Now the Word gave in Jn 3:16 is the greek word didōmi nd its the same word bestowed in 1 Jn 3:1 !

For the Love of God and its objects are the same in both instances,The Son's or Children of God !

So one cannot be So Loved by God and not be a Child of His. It's God's Son's and His Brethren that Christ came to redeem Gal 4:5

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

To receive the Adoption of Sons means that it [Sonship] will become public and declared openly !

And because the redemption price has been paid by the blood of Elder Brother Christ, the Sons receive the Spirit of Adoption in their Hearts Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

With the reception of the Spirit of Adoption in our hearts [which is New Birth also], we now have the Right and Privilege to be declared the Children of God y Our Believing in our Elder Brother Christ, which is John's point here Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

That word sons as in sons of God in Jn 1:12 is the same greek word for sons in 1 Jn 3:1

Its also the same word used here when those whom by His death shall be gathered are pointed out Jn 11:52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together[by His Death] in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

And that's who God so Loved and bestowed His Son upon, the World of His Children.

And no, all men are not God's children, their distinct identifying manifestation shall be Faith in their Elder Brother who redeemed them back to God. Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

And those in Jn 3:16 believing in the Son, are the children of God whom God So Loved !

lovemeorhateme

If God hates His enemies yet commands us to love our enemies wouldn't that make Him a hypocrite? If God tells us that hating someone makes us a murderer at heart and yet at the same time He hates certain people, wouldn't that make God a murderer at heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.