The Myth of saying that God Loved all men in the world without exception !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

If God hates His enemies yet commands us to love our enemies wouldn't that make Him a hypocrite? If God tells us that hating someone makes us a murderer at heart and yet at the same time He hates certain people, wouldn't that make God a murderer at heart?

Did you follow the points of post 179 ?

beloved57

Loved and Chosen !

Loved and Chosen !

We know that God did not and does not Love all men without exception for the simple fact, all men without exception are not His Elect or Chosen People. For Election is the fruit of God's Love Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Again, those Loved or Believed by God are chosen to Salvation 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Deut 14:2

2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himselflf, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Of course this is manifested in the Church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Yes those who are Beloved of God 2 Thess 2:13 are the same as here John 3:16, and as such they were from the beginning chosen to Salvation; For no one can be Loved by God and not be of His Chosen Deut 7:6-7 and Chosen to Salvation through Jesus Christ, and we should know that all mankind without exception are not His Chosen, because the Chosen automatically indicates the rejection of others, the rest that are not chosen, not Loved, expressed in the Words, Jacob have I Loved, esau have I hated Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

beloved57

We know that God does not Love all mankind because those He Loved in Christ Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Those He so Loved in Christ Jesus , He quickens them or Regenerates them Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us[Jn 3:16],

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

They also experience His Mercy, For God's Love and Mercy go together, hand and hand Rom 9:13-15. Now here we see that those who are the objects of His Great Love & Mercy are made Alive, that's when they are subjectively saved.

Now the same Truth is stated here Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

According to His Mercy He saved us, or made us alive, when we were in fact dead in sin. Now this was foreshadowed here in the OT Ezk 16:6,8-9 and please notice what God says in Vs 8

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

" behold, thy time was the time of love;" meaning it was time for God to apply His Love to the Hopeless situation Like to Lazarus, whom He Loved. In Eph 2:5 He by Love applied makes us Alive, Here in Ezekiel 16 He says Live

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

This is the same as Eph 2:5-6 ! Folks, if people are Loved by God, He raises them up from the dead by giving them Life through Christ; For He raises them up from the dead that was caused by their sins, for it is written Rom 6:23, however if our sins have been paid for, then in Justice and Love He makes us Alive Again Lk 15:24

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Now , does God make all men without exception Alive ? No He does not, so He does not Love all men without exception !

beloved57

Another portion of scripture that proves that if God Loved us, as He did these Jn 3:16;13:1, then He makes us Alive as Per Eph 2:4-5 shows, it is this one 1 Pet 1:1-3, and again His Love is adjoined with His Mercy. Lets notice Vs 3 1Pet 1:1-3

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The objects of His Love /Foreknowledge are begotten again according to his abundant mercy

This is the same as what Paul wrote here Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

"according to his mercy he saved us", saved us here = " begotten us again " in 1 Pet 1:3.

But you may ask, exactly how are the said to be Loved by God in this passage ? Its by the word foreknowledge in Vs 2 which can also be rendered foreloved, denoting an Intimacy of affection and possession.

The word foreknowledge is comprised of Two Greek words, one being the word ginōskō:

I.
to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
A.
to become known

II.
to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
A.
to understand

B.
to know

III.
Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman

IV.
to become acquainted with, to know

It is used here in 1 Cor 8:3

But if any man love God, the same is known G1097 of him.

But one may object and say that this verse speaks of one Loviing God, Yes correct, but what is the cause of that ? 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us. So back to 1 Cor 8:3, to be known of Him means to be first Loved by Him, and all for whom God so Loved, are Loved in and through Jesus Christ Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Which Love does predate the beginning of the World Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me:[B] for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.[/B]

And all So Loved by God Jn 3:16, do experience an application of His Love through Christ and His Mercy by being begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead 1 Pet 1:1-3, it is impossible to be Loved by God, and not be begotten again, or made alive by it Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

The Love of God in Jn 3:16 is that same Great Love in Eph 2:4 and it has the same operating effect ! God does not just Love in word only, but in deed also !

beloved57

He died for the Seed of Abraham, not all mankind !

He died for the Seed of Abraham, not all mankind !

wrong thread

Last edited:

beloved57

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love !

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love !

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love for us, if He Loved us. Do you want to know who it is God So Loved here Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Its is them, and them only that reciprocate that Love to Him and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, not that Loving them is conditional in any way, but that its evidential as in indicativeof Him having first Loved Us !

For He Loved those He Loved while they were yet sinners and dead in trespasses and sins as proved here Eph 2:4-5

When we are dead in sin, God is our enemy in our minds Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated[dead in sin] and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

However, the Result of His Loving them despite themselves, is that they do receive a Circumcised Heart to Love Him.

Remember Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Now lets read Jesus words to His Disciples that He had Chosen Jn 16:27

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

In other words, Jesus is saying their Love of Him is evidential of the Fathers Love to them Jn 3:16.

Jesus once said to a group of people, even physical ethnic jews this Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

That's a deep Truth, but Truth nonetheless. Their lack of Love to Christ was an evidence that God was not their Father, and remember later Jesus tells His Chosen Disciples, save judas, this Jn 16:27

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

If God is Our Father, it will result in Love to Christ Jn 8:42 !

Now I cannot understand for the life of me, how and why people read these words in Jn 8:42, and yet insist that all mankind without exception have God as their Father, it makes no sense and totally ignores the main implication of the verse, and again these were even ethnic jews who did have Abraham physically for their father as Per Jn 8:37

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. See Rom 9:8 !

Listen, all men and women whom God Loved, He Loved them in Christ before the foundation of the world, and all of them shall by Spiritual Heart Circumcision, another name for New Birth, shall be given a New Heart to Love God and Christ, and so we rad 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

The word because hoti a conjunction meaning:

I.that, because, since. It means primarily the reason why, we now love Him or due to the fact that.

We Love Him now due to the fact that He first Loved us !

beloved57

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love !2

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love !2

Now why is it that those God So Loved Jn 3:16, eventually come to Love Him and Christ ? Well first and foremost of all, Those God the Father Loved , He gave His Son to die for them Jn 3:16 and Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Notice, this is important and often overlooked, something, because things come with the Giving of Christ. The word with is the word sun and means:

with, together with . Even though it does not expressly say this in Jn 3:16, its none the less True and is stated here, and together with giving Christ He gave them all things. The word gave charizomai:

I show favor to, (b) I pardon, forgive, (c) I show kindness.

I.to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

A.to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

B.to grant forgiveness, to pardon

C.to give graciously, give freely, bestow

i.to forgive

ii.graciously to restore one to another

iii.to preserve for one a person in peril

John Gill writes of this portion:

how shall he not with him freely give us all things? Christ is God's free gift to his elect; he is given to be a covenant to them, an head over them, a Saviour of them, and as the bread of life for them to live upon: he is freely given; God could never have been compelled to have given him; Christ could never have been merited by them; nothing that they could give or do could have laid him under obligation to have bestowed him on them; yea, such were the persons, and such their characters, for whom he delivered him up, that he might have justly stirred up all his wrath against them; and yet such was his grace, that he has given his own Son unto them; and not him alone, but "all things" with him: all temporal good things, needful and convenient; all spiritual blessings, a justifying righteousness, pardon of sin, sanctifying grace, adoption, and eternal life: and all "freely", in a sovereign way, according to his own good will and pleasure, without any obligation or compulsion; not grudgingly nor niggardly, but cheerfully and bountifully, absolutely, and without any conditions; for he is not moved thereunto by anything in them, or performed by them.

All for whom Christ died for, as a Gracious Gift of Grace, By His Death alone they are given a Permanent Sanctification Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This word sanctified is:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

And its in the Perfect Tense. Its permanently done and results remain to the present !

Now this Sanctification does ensure as an confirmation and evidence of Christ's Sanctification by His Death, a Sanctification by the Spirit of God, and all whom Christ's Death Sanctified, its expedient/appropriate for the Spirit to Sanctify and Set them apart for God's Service, 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Its stated another way here Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

All whom He redeemed by being made a Curse for, shall receive the Promise of the Spirit, it shall come upon them !

Now this Work of the Spirit is How their Spiritual Head and Father, Christ, gives them the Covenant Blessing of Spiritual Circumcision of the Heart, and with this comes to pass the Promise of Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

The Spirit is Given along with Christ, and He sheds the Love of God in Our Heart Rom 5:5

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The Love here is Love to God, because the giving of the Spirit brings with is His Fruit of which Love is among them Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

This Love given by the Spirit causes us to Love God, Christ, and Our True Brethren in the Lord, Our Spiritual Family in God. 1 Jn 4:7-13

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. His Spirit which causes us to Love God and His People.

These things must and will be, If indeed God So Loved Us Jn 3:16 !

beloved57

In the day of Judgment, many false teachers will be delt with in strict Justice as James points out James 3:1

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

That is if we prove to be false teachers, then we shall be held at a higher accountability before God in that day !

One of popular false teachings today is that God Loved or Loves all mankind without exception, and this arrogant assumption is no where found in the scripture, but in fact the very opposite is taught. Most false teachers use Jn 3:16 to promote their deception, when in Fact Jn 3:16 says nothing about Loving everyone [without exception] in the world, not even close. Yes it does say for God so Loved the World, but it does not say For God so loved everyone in the world without exception. A Man's World is His Family, that's who God so Loved, the World of the Sons of God 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Now is the whole world without exception the Sons of God ? No way ! Remember Jesus told some jews one day Jn 8:42-44

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus points out Two different Fathers, God is a Father, and the devil is a father, God Loves those that Love Jesus, and by that Love they have for Him, it gives evidence that God Loves them.

Paul wrote 1 Cor 16:21-24

21 The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Now, who would be foolish enough to suppose that Paul would denounce as accursed those that He Knew God Loved ?

In fact, who would Paul wish this upon if He was suppose to Love them according to the golden rule ?

Now lets look briefly at the words Anathema Maranatha ! The Greek words anathema:

a votive offering, a thing devoted to God; a curse, the thing cursed.

Its used in Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

and marana tha:

(Aramaic), either: Our Lord hath come, or: Our Lord cometh (will come, is at hand).

Now the ISM reads:If anyone doesn't love the Lord, let him be condemned! May our Lord come!

Whoever does not love our Lord Yeshua The Messiah, let him be damned. our Lord has come.

I believe that Paul is saying, let those who are not Loving Our Lord Jesus Christ be condemned and cursed at His Coming !

Now this is key, why doesn't Paul say Love them and Pray for them ? Why doesn't he say Pray for their conversion to Christ ?

This we know, if a man does not Love God and or Christ who is God Manifested in the flesh, then there is no evidence of God having loved that man, for John writes 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

That's a stated fact, because if God Loved us, He gives us His Spirit and circumcised hearts to Love Him Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Deut 30:6

That's Spiritual Circumcision from the New Birth Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

You see, everyone God so Loved and Christ died for in Jn 3:16 is guaranteed to receive this Circumcision and begin to Love God in Christ !

All such are the True Sons of God !

beloved57

Now, the reason why the false teachers shall be under more condemnation, because more than likely they have been showed from scripture that God does not Love all mankind without exception , however its because they want to hold to their idol of freewill, and glory in their decision making ability, they reject the clear truth of scripture by rationalizing it away .

Its impossible that all men without are said to be the objects of God's Love for many reasons in Jn 3:16, first and foremost because it does not say that in first place for it is perverted into the text.

Now in addition it cannot even mean that God Loved Loved every individual without exception because it is written Mal 1:2-3

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom 9:13

Now if God and His Word makes such a plain declaration tat God said He hath hated esau, why do some pervert the text in Jn 3:16 and say that God Loves all individuals in mankind without exception ?

This is evidence that those who teach the universal love of God for all individuals, that they have no reverence for God's Truth, no fear of God !

Jabin

Rom 9:13

Now if God and His Word makes such a plain declaration tat God said He hath hated esau, why do some pervert the text in Jn 3:16 and say that God Loves all individuals in mankind without exception ?

No biblically literate person can believe God loves everyone. No reasonable person can believe God loves everyone. And, the teaching that God loves everyone has done a lot of harm to the church - it teaches people that Christians are hypocrites for not holding Liberal values.

BTW, to the confused people who appeal to John 3:16 to argue that God loves everyone: If you take "the world" to mean everything in the world then you would have to conclude that God loves evil, for the world is full of evil. If it doesn't mean everything, then it doesn't mean everyone.

beloved57

There is no reason to believe that God Loved all mankind without exception, if He did, and He is Immutable, then we must conclude that the rebroabte who have died hating God as all men by nature do, that they are now in the eternally damned state still Loved by God ! If He does not still Love them, then He is mutable, which is blasphemous to think !

Now, did God Love Pharoah Rom 9:17

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

How about Sihon king of Heshbon Deut 2:30

But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the Lord thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

Did God Love these people whose hearts He hardened against Joshua ? Josh 11:20

20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Did God Love the Amalekites Ex 17:14

14 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.

How about the Canaanites, did God Love that people ? Deut 20:16-18
16 But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee:

18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the Lord your God.

Does God Love the workers of Iniquity ? Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

What about those He Created for destruction, the Wicked and the Vessels of Wrath, does God Love them ? Prov 16:4

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Is God Merciful to those He hardens for destruction Rom 9:18

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

If God so Loved all humanity as in every individual without exception, then we must answer in the affirmative for the above, and we must conclude that His Love is the same now for the reprobated dead as it has always been, unless we charge Him with being mutable Mal 3:6

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

beloved57

The Lord Jesus Christ will make it clear in the day of Judgment that He never Loved all mankind, meaning those going into everlasting perdition, for He shall say unto them Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He states quite clearly to these people that He never knew them, for that cannot be said of any He Loved, these are the rejected and unloved reprobated of the world, the esau's of the world, the people of His indignation forever Malachi 1 :4, made they were for damnation, appointed to it before the foundation of the world, so He shall also say unto them Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Cursed because they were never Chosen or Loved by the Father, sothey were cursed from the beginning; The fact that the cursed and damned were never Loved by God is indisputable by the fact that those He did Love, He chose them for Salvation from the foundation of the world Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Matt 25:34

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Now if those chosen for salvation are so chosen from the foundation of the world, then those cursed going into perdition were also chosen and appointed for perdition, condemnation, damnation from the foundation Jude 1:4

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

This teaching makes it clear that God could not have Loved all mankind without exception as the false teachers proclaim by corrupting and usurping Jn 3:16 ; for when Christ, God Man, states that He never knew the condemned, that is what He meant, He never knew them as His Own Sheep Jn 10:4,14-15

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Those He knew and laid down His Life in behalf of, He Loved Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Cp Jn 10:15 !

Those He does not know nor Love, and never knew He casts them into Hell !

beloved57

We know God does not Love all men without exception, because all for whom God Loves He quickens them from a dead state of sin ! Eph 2:4-6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

If He Loved us, He quickened us together with Christ !

In other words, God does not merely just Love in word, but also in deed, in action, in application !

He even tells His children the same 1 Jn 3:18

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

God Illustrates His Love for His sin misery and helpless people here Ezk 16:5-6

5 None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

That word live in Vs 6 corresponds with making alive in Eph 2:5

Its the hebrew word chayah and means:

I.to live, have life, remain alive, sustain life, live prosperously, live for ever, be quickened, be alive, be restored to life or health

And the word quickened in Eph 2:5 which follows His Love is syzōopoieō which means:

I.to make one alive together

I.
to produce alive, begat or bear living young

II.
to cause to live, make alive, give life
A.
by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate

B.
to restore to life

C.
to give increase of life: thus of physical life

D.
of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

See God must give all for whom Christ died new Life out of the dead because Christ has taken away the penalty of their sins, which is death, so He must say to them out of the provision of His Love, Christ, Live ! And this Living is Everlasting Life !

Christian Liberty

No biblically literate person can believe God loves everyone. No reasonable person can believe God loves everyone. And, the teaching that God loves everyone has done a lot of harm to the church - it teaches people that Christians are hypocrites for not holding Liberal values.

BTW, to the confused people who appeal to John 3:16 to argue that God loves everyone: If you take "the world" to mean everything in the world then you would have to conclude that God loves evil, for the world is full of evil. If it doesn't mean everything, then it doesn't mean everyone.

How do you interpret Matthew 5:43-47?

I have yet to have a satisfactory answer to that question that has led me to be able to reject the idea that God loves every person in some sense.

However, it is indeed Biblically obvious that God does not love everyone the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.