THE LORD CHOSE ISRAEL

Gary K

Banned
The Gentiles are grafted in, however, they are not Gentiles in this dispensation, the body of Christ, they are members of the kingdom saints, the remnant of Israel who will inherit the kingdom on earth:

Romans 9 through 11 is about Israel, not the church, the body of Christ.
Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).
Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).
Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.
Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.
Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.
Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith
Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.
Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.

On the weekend of Jesus' arrest, trial, and crucifixion He opened the future to His disciples in Matthew 24. In that passage He tells them of the destruction of Jerusalem and the signs of the end of time. In that passage He says the following:
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Now just what gospel was Jesus referring to when He says "this gospel"? Is He not referring to what He has been teaching during His entire ministry? How can He be referring to anything that was supposedly to come afterward? His usage of the word "this" eliminates that possibility for His disciples knew of no other gospel than that which Jesus taught every day. Jesus is telling His disciples that what He has been teaching them will be taught to all nations, meaning the Gentiles i.e. non-Jews, and then the end would come.

Jesus is quite plainly contradicting your assertions. And the only conclusion that can be drawn from His statement is that the gospel to the Gentiles was going to be the same gospel that He was teaching to the Jews. There is no other way to read His very plain words.

DougE

On the weekend of Jesus' arrest, trial, and crucifixion He opened the future to His disciples in Matthew 24. In that passage He tells them of the destruction of Jerusalem and the signs of the end of time. In that passage He says the following:

Now just what gospel was Jesus referring to when He says "this gospel"? Is He not referring to what He has been teaching during His entire ministry? How can He be referring to anything that was supposedly to come afterward? His usage of the word "this" eliminates that possibility for His disciples knew of no other gospel than that which Jesus taught every day. Jesus is telling His disciples that what He has been teaching them will be taught to all nations, meaning the Gentiles i.e. non-Jews, and then the end would come.

Jesus is quite plainly contradicting your assertions. And the only conclusion that can be drawn from His statement is that the gospel to the Gentiles was going to be the same gospel that He was teaching to the Jews. There is no other way to read His very plain words.
I am not sure what assertions of mine are being contradicted by Jesus as you say.

Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel Matthew 4:23. This is the gospel the twelve were preaching Luke 9:6. It will be preached after this dispensation in the tribulation Mark 16:15-18. The gospel of the kingdom is the promised kingdom on earth, in which, the remnant of Israel will reign with Christ for a thousand years.

beloved57

I am not sure what assertions of mine are being contradicted by Jesus as you say.

Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel Matthew 4:23. This is the gospel the twelve were preaching Luke 9:6. It will be preached after this dispensation in the tribulation Mark 16:15-18. The gospel of the kingdom is the promised kingdom on earth, in which, the remnant of Israel will reign with Christ for a thousand years.
The Gospel of the Kingdom is being preached now unto the end Matt 24 14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Philip preached it Acts 8 12

But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Paul Acts 19 8

And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Acts 20 25

And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Acts 28 23

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Right Divider

Body part

Jesus, while on earth, taught the gospel of the kingdom, where Israel is the head nation and the gentiles are blessed through Israel.
Jesus gave Paul the gospel of the uncircumcision where Jew and Gentile alike are blessed by Israel's FALL.
The NEW CREATURE is not a "new Israel".

DougE

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Israel will preach the gospel of the kingdom in the tribulation, the prophetic kingdom on earth in which they will reign with Christ Mark 16:15-18

DougE

But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Philip preached the gospel of the kingdom which included the name of Jesus, they had to believe on his name, that he is Son of God, Christ ...John 1:12 John 3:18 John 20:31

DougE

Paul Acts 19 8

And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Acts 20 25

And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Acts 28 23

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
The kingdom of God includes both heaven and earth 1 Chronicles 29:11...Paul preached the heavenly kingdom 2 Timothy 4:18

beloved57

Philip preached the gospel of the kingdom which included the name of Jesus, they had to believe on his name, that he is Son of God, Christ ...John 1:12 John 3:18 John 20:31
Thats the Gospel of the Kingdom, its all about Jesus

Right Divider

Body part

Philip was a Jew under the law... one of the circumcision.... so he taught the gospel of the kingdom. No big surprises here.
Paul Acts 19 8

Acts 20 25

Acts 28 23

There is more than one aspect of the "kingdom of God" in the scripture.
Paul NEVER preached the GOSPEL of the kingdom...
Paul NEVER OFFERED the kingdom to Israel.

Paul received a dispensation of the gospel and it was NOT the gospel of the kingdom.

P.S. Note WHO Paul was trying to persuade in Acts 28 (i.e., the Jews).
Act 28:28-29 KJV Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. (29) And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

beloved57

Philip was a Jew under the law... one of the circumcision.... so he taught the gospel of the kingdom. No big surprises here.

There is more than one aspect of the "kingdom of God" in the scripture.
Paul NEVER preached the GOSPEL of the kingdom...
Paul NEVER OFFERED the kingdom to Israel.

Paul received a dispensation of the gospel and it was NOT the gospel of the kingdom.

P.S. Note WHO Paul was trying to persuade in Acts 28 (i.e., the Jews).
You sound confused as ever !

beloved57

rd

So why did God send him to a Gentile, the Ethiopian eunuch Acts 8 26-35

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. 27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28 was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 33 in his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. 34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

So what did Philip do, change up Gospels since the Ethiopian was a jew ? lol

Right Divider

Body part
So. He was Ethiopian, doesnt matter where jews were scattered.
Are you really this stupid?

There is NO evidence in scripture that the Ethiopian enuch in Acts 8 was a gentile.

It is FAR more likely that he was either:
  • a Jew scattered into gentile lands
  • a Jewish proselyte.