THE LORD CHOSE ISRAEL

DougE

Isaiah 14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

The Lord will have mercy on Jacob after the time of trouble, the tribulation ( Deuteronomy 4:30-31).

The Lord will set Israel in the land on earth (Deuteronomy 30:5 Jeremiah 24:6-7). This is the prophetic promise of a kingdom on earth promised the believing remnant of Israel.

The strangers, which are the Gentiles, will cleave to Israel and enter the kingdom along with the believing remnant of Israel (Isaiah 56:6-8 Isaiah 60:3-5).

beloved57

Isaiah 14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

The Lord will have mercy on Jacob after the time of trouble, the tribulation ( Deuteronomy 4:30-31).

The Lord will set Israel in the land on earth (Deuteronomy 30:5 Jeremiah 24:6-7). This is the prophetic promise of a kingdom on earth promised the believing remnant of Israel.

The strangers, which are the Gentiles, will cleave to Israel and enter the kingdom along with the believing remnant of Israel (Isaiah 56:6-8 Isaiah 60:3-5).
This is about the Church, the Body of Christ. Gentiles are grafted into it Rom 11 and Eph 2-3

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
This is about the Church, the Body of Christ. Gentiles are grafted into it Rom 11 and Eph 2-3

The Church is the New Israel.

Gentiles are not grafted, because there is no Jew or Gentile in Christ (Galatians 3:28).

The Church, the New Israel, is the Family of God. We are the Father's sons and daughters by adoption through the New Covenant.

beloved57

The Church is the New Israel.

Gentiles are not grafted, because there is no Jew or Gentile in Christ (Galatians 3:28).

The Church, the New Israel, is the Family of God. We are the Father's sons and daughters by adoption through the New Covenant.
Theres all nationalities in Christ ! And Yes Gentiles were grafted in, at first the Church was mostly comprised of saved jews, but now under new covenant mostly gentiles which are from all different ethnicities !

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Nationality means nothing in the Spirit.
We are Born Again in Spirit (and water).
Nationality means nothing in our adopted sonship

The Church is the New Israel, the Family of God. There is no nationality, no jew, no gentile, none of that.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
On the way to the Mount of Olives on the night of Jesus arrest and trial he stopped and taught His disciples the parable of the vine. In that parable the nation of Israel was not the vine. They were the branches. The disciples were branches. It is Jesus that is the vine. And it is Jesus into which both the Jews and Gentiles must be grafted. Because Jesus said on that occasion, Without me ye can do nothing.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

He also told the same thing to Nicodemus.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nothing man made can furnish that which Jesus gives us. He is the one true source of all spiritual life. So, it matters not whether a person is a Jew or a Gentile. The only source spiritual life for any of us is Jesus. Jesus, said, no man cometh unto the Father except by me. John 14:6

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You are trying to pit scripture against scripture. That is bad.

What I said are facts:
  • Nationality means nothing in the Spirit (obviousy)
  • We are Born Again in Spirit
  • Nationality means nothing in our adopted sonship
  • The Church, the New Israel, the Family of God, and there is no Jew or gentile in Christ (Galatians 3:28)
Okay, those are theological facts. You cannot pull some parable out and try to overturn all that. The answer is that you are misinterpreting that parable to say something that it does not actually say

beloved57

Nationality means nothing in the Spirit.
We are Born Again in Spirit (and water).
Nationality means nothing in our adopted sonship

The Church is the New Israel, the Family of God. There is no nationality, no jew, no gentile, none of that.
Nationally means nothing as far as being saved is concerned, God is no respect or of persons, but all nationalities are given saving love and grace. Same thing with sex, scripture says there's neither male or female in Christ. That doesn't mean women and men are not distnctint. It means God does not favor one over the other when giving saving love and grace.

Bradley D

There will be a time when the full number of the gentiles will be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25-26

"I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved."

Gary K

Banned

What I said are facts:
  • The Church, the New Israel, the Family of God, and there is no Jew or gentile in Christ (Galatians 3:28)
Okay, those are theological facts. You cannot pull some parable out and try to overturn all that. The answer is that you are misinterpreting that parable to say something that it does not actually say
I noticed you made the assertion without posting any scripture that supposedly contradicted the scripture I posted. Let's see some scripture that contradicts Christ's own words. Not tradition.

beloved57

There will be a time when the full number of the gentiles will be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25-26

"I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved."
And that's how all Israel shall be saved

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I noticed you made the assertion without posting any scripture that supposedly contradicted the scripture I posted. Let's see some scripture that contradicts Christ's own words. Not tradition.

Some things are so painfully obvious that I didn't feel the need to post a scripture. Come on man.

If I say that Jesus is the Son of God do I really need to back it up?

Gary K

Banned
Some things are so painfully obvious that I didn't feel the need to post a scripture. Come on man.

If I say that Jesus is the Son of God do I really need to back it up?
Yup, if you're talking to someone who disagrees with you. That's why I posted scripture as I knew you would disagree with me. Here's a little more scripture for you to argue against.

Acts 4:11 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” ESV

BTW, Jesus, being both God and man, and the best teacher the world has ever seen, used parables as teaching devices. He can see God's side of any issue because He has the mind of God. And because He also has the mind of a human being He can translate the mind of God into human understanding. He had the Holy Spirit without limit dwelling within Him.

Thus He used parables to teach us how God views things. And what He taught that way is pure truth. We can get no purer source of truth than the words of Jesus for Jesus said if we have seen Him, we have seen the Father. So, denigrating the parables of Jesus as not worthy of acceptance for our theology is actually quite an insult to God.

DougE

The Gentiles are grafted in, however, they are not Gentiles in this dispensation, the body of Christ, they are members of the kingdom saints, the remnant of Israel who will inherit the kingdom on earth:

Romans 9 through 11 is about Israel, not the church, the body of Christ.
Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).
Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).
Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.
Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.
Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.
Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith
Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.
Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.

Right Divider

Body part

What I said are facts:
Talk about misinterpreting!! the "New Israel".... Hilarious.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Talk about misinterpreting!! the "New Israel".... Hilarious.

You are a Biblical ignoramus obviously. No news there.

Israel was not merely a nation or some tribes. They were a huge family, the family of God. From Abraham all the way to the 12 tribes and the Kindom, the Israelites knew their fathers all the way up to the father of their trube.

They were the people of God.
They were the family of God.

Now the family of God are all who God "Father". We are all adopted sons of the father.

He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. Ephesians 1:5

Now the Church is the People of God, the Family of God, the New Israel.

Real Christians acknowledge that the Church is spiritual Israel, the “new Israel”. This is indicated in Paul’s writings: In Romans 9:6 he says that “not all who are of Israel are Israel.” This indicates the existence of two Israels. One—”all who are of Israel”—indicates the ethnic people, not all of whom believe in Jesus. The other Israel, the context reveals, does not include those who have rejected the Messiah. This new Israel, founded by Messiah, exists in spiritual continuity with the Old Testament saints and so counts as a “spiritual Israel.” It includes Gentiles who believe in the Messiah and so through baptism are spiritually circumcised (Col. 2:11–12) and are reckoned as spiritual Jews (Rom. 2:26–29).

In his letter to the Ephesians Paul is even more explicit about the Gentiles’ spiritual inclusion when he states that “you Gentiles in the flesh . . . were once separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel . . . But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near . . . So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints” (2:11–13, 19).

There is a little lesson for you. Hopefully you learned something, but I doubt it. You have a bad rude attitude.

Right Divider

Body part
You are a Biblical ignoramus obviously. No news there.
The only Biblical ignoramus here is you.

Israel was not merely a nation or some tribes. They were a huge family, the family of God. From Abraham all the way to the 12 tribes and the Kindom, the Israelites knew their fathers all the way up to the father of their trube.

They were the people of God.
They were the family of God.

Now the family of God are all who God "Father". We are all adopted sons of the father.

He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. Ephesians 1:5

Now the Church is the People of God, the Family of God, the New Israel.

Real Christians acknowledge that the Church is spiritual Israel, the “new Israel”. This is indicated in Paul’s writings: In Romans 9:6 he says that “not all who are of Israel are Israel.” This indicates the existence of two Israels. One—”all who are of Israel”—indicates the ethnic people, not all of whom believe in Jesus. The other Israel, the context reveals, does not include those who have rejected the Messiah. This new Israel, founded by Messiah, exists in spiritual continuity with the Old Testament saints and so counts as a “spiritual Israel.” It includes Gentiles who believe in the Messiah and so through baptism are spiritually circumcised (Col. 2:11–12) and are reckoned as spiritual Jews (Rom. 2:26–29).

In his letter to the Ephesians Paul is even more explicit about the Gentiles’ spiritual inclusion when he states that “you Gentiles in the flesh . . . were once separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel . . . But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near . . . So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints” (2:11–13, 19).

There is a little lesson for you. Hopefully you learned something, but I doubt it. You have a bad rude attitude.
You are one of the most rude and arrogant posters here.

Your inability to understand the dispensations of God is crystal clear and is a source of tremendous confusion for you and most of Churchianity.

I always notice how those, like you, that try to ABUSE Ephesians 2 ... ALWAYS skip from verse 13 to 19 as if verses 14-18 don't even exist... THEY DO!.

beloved57

The Gentiles are grafted in, however, they are not Gentiles in this dispensation, the body of Christ, they are members of the kingdom saints, the remnant of Israel who will inherit the kingdom on earth:

Romans 9 through 11 is about Israel, not the church, the body of Christ.
Romans 9:24 Not only the Jews believed the gospel of the kingdom, and the preaching of Jesus and the twelve, but also Gentiles (Acts 10:45). This was not our gospel of grace. They only believed on the name of Jesus (John 3:18 John 20:31).
Romans 9:27 This is identifying the remnant of Israel as what Paul is talking about. The remnant is the believing Jews and Gentiles who will enter the promised kingdom on earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Exodus 19:5-6).
Romans 9:30 Those Gentiles had faith, which Israel rejected.
Romans 11:5 At the time Paul was writing, the remnant of Israel, Jew and Gentile, were participants in the church.
Romans 11:11 The believing Gentiles would provoke unbelieving Israel to jealousy.
Romans 11:13 Paul was speaking to the Gentiles, not in the body of Christ, but in the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:17 The Gentiles were grafted into the remnant of Israel.
Romans 11:20 Unbelieving Israel was broken off the tree. The Gentiles were grafted in by faith
Romans 11:20 The Gentiles could also be broken off branches.
Romans 11:25-27 Israel will be saved.
All the same. The Gospel of the kingdom is the Gospel of Christ. The kingdom is heavenly even though it may reside in earth, it still belongs to Christ and His Church.