The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

exminister

I'm guessing she might mean healthcare/insurance-related stocks, based on which way the AHCA vote goes?

https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/253894/obamacare-repeal-vote-looms-what-investors-need-to-know

(losers)
For hospital stocks like Tenet Healthcare (THC) , HCA Holdings HCA, Universal Health Services (UHS) , LifePoint Health LPNT, and Community Health Systems CYH, the AHCA could mean more uninsured patients who are unable to pay their hospital costs, despite the extra funds the replacement bill would provide to hospitals that treat a high share of low-income patients. After the CBO report was released, shares of THC and HCA were down as a result.

Insurers could stand to lose as well, especially those focused on Medicaid like Molina Healthcare (MOH) and Centene (CNC) . At the time of the CBO report’s release, shares of MOH hit their lowest level since October 2014, while CNC stock sank almost 3%.

(winners)
But because certain requirements mandated under Obamacare will decline if the AHCA passes, big players in the insurance industry could, in fact, see gains. Anthem (ANTM) , UnitedHealth Group (UNH) , and Humana (HUM) , among others, may see a rise in their stock price, though they should be weary of an increase in competition if the trend of selling insurance across state lines catches on.

There’s also the medical device sector to consider, and companies who make these products are likely fans of the replacement bill since Obamacare enacted a 2.3% excise tax on them, the proceeds of which were used to subsidize insurance for individuals from low-income groups. Stocks like Edwards Lifesciences (EW) and Boston Scientific Corp. (BSX) , as well as Inogen (INGN) , OraSure Technologies (OSUR) , and Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) , who make everything from heart valve products, pacemakers, and oxygen concentrators to infectious disease tests and minimally invasive catheter systems, all could gain if the AHCA is enacted.

(however)
However, these companies could find themselves in the same position as hospital groups. If people end up going to the hospital less because they know they won’t be able to afford the inevitable costs, one can assume that less medical devices will be needed; hospitals will have less income to buy these expensive medical devices. Medical device stocks, then, could see declines rather than gains in this scenario.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
According to the Independent (UK), Trump Jr. decided to call out the mayor of London, Sadiq Kahn, for comments he made months ago, in which the mayor noted that terrorist attacks were a part of the landscape of city life now and that Londoners had to be prepared for them. Junior dredged this up scant hours after the latest terrorist attack would appear to affirm Kahn's understanding.

Among some of the comments by Kahn:

“That means being vigilant, having a police force that is in touch with communities, it means the security services being ready, but it also means exchanging ideas and best practice”​

and

“Nothing is more important to me than keeping Londoners safe. I want to be reassured that every single agency and individual involved in protecting our city has the resources and expertise they need to respond in the event that London is attacked.”​

But reality offends the younger Trump...So apparently that apple doesn't rot far from the tree. :plain:

ClimateSanity

According to the U.S. News, Trump Jr. decided to call out the mayor of London, Sadiq Kahn, for comments he made months ago, in which the mayor noted that terrorist attacks were a part of the landscape of city life now and that Londoners had to be prepared for them. Junior dredged this up scant hours after the latest terrorist attack would appear to affirm Kahn's understanding.

[FONT=&quot]
“That means being vigilant, having a police force that is in touch with communities, it means the security services being ready, but it also means exchanging ideas and best practice”​

and

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Nothing is more important to me than keeping Londoners safe. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]I want to be reassured that every single agency and individual involved in protecting our city has the resources and expertise they need to respond in the event that London is attacked.”[/FONT]

But reality appears to offend the younger Trump...So apparently that apple doesn't rot far from the tree. :plain:
It offends me too. Having to live with random acts of terror should not be part of life in a big city. There is no live and let live with the Islamic invaders.

Count me in with the fallen apples.
Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
From John freiler on Twitter:

"the driver on the bus says SAD! SAD! SAD! aaalll around the town"

C7ocqIHVYAAHQI3.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
According to the Independent (UK), Trump Jr. decided to call out the mayor of London, Sadiq Kahn, for comments he made months ago, in which the mayor noted that terrorist attacks were a part of the landscape of city life now and that Londoners had to be prepared for them. Junior dredged this up scant hours after the latest terrorist attack would appear to affirm Kahn's understanding.

and

“Nothing is more important to me than keeping Londoners safe. I want to be reassured that every single agency and individual involved in protecting our city has the resources and expertise they need to respond in the event that London is attacked.”​

But reality offends the younger Trump...So apparently that apple doesn't rot far from the tree. :plain:

And quite a few British were none too pleased with him, including a member of parliament who called Junior a disgrace.

In a couple months' time, I'll be standing in that very same place, along with one of my sons. It will be sobering to consider.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It offends me too.
It would be one thing to be offended by the reality of it, and it is another thing to lay that reality at the feet of someone who isn't responsible for it in a city where more resources are in play to safeguard the average citizen than most places on earth.

Having to live with random acts of terror should not be part of life in a big city.
And any woman should be able to walk in the park after dark without worrying about her safety. We shouldn't need locks on our doors. Kahn's comments weren't by any stretch of the imagination a capitulation. They were a cautionary note regarding the reality of present day life in major cities (especially European) that requires vigilance and a marshaling of resources to attempt to thwart and contain terrorism, which was Kahn's actual point.

There is no live and let live with the Islamic invaders.
Which wasn't anything like what Kahn advocated. And this guy was, I believe, home grown.

Count me in with the fallen apples.
:plain: