The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

The papers are signed by their various authors/compilers. Other religious writings have various authors. The books in the bible have theirs, yet some are contested, assumed, speculated or unknown.

Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice of love....and as God's Son continues to bestow his love. All God's servants do his will. We've addressed the blood atonement theory already. Use the thread search feature.

pj

All you are doing is cutting out what parts of the Bible you do not want to accept. You are not speaking any kind of knowledge about God.

You believe in other people's teachings; people who did not die for you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cult-ure........

Cult-ure........

Fancy words but, you're still a cultist! In my eyes that's unacceptable!

Words have meaning, so seek to understand.

For insight into the 'nature of cultism' from the papers.....go here.

87:7.5 In the past, truth has grown rapidly and expanded freely when the cult has been elastic, the symbolism expansile. Abundant truth and an adjustable cult have favored rapidity of social progression. A meaningless cult vitiates religion when it attempts to supplant philosophy and to enslave reason; a genuine cult grows.

87:7.6 Regardless of the drawbacks and handicaps, every new revelation of truth has given rise to a new cult, and even the restatement of the religion of Jesus must develop a new and appropriate symbolism. Modern man must find some adequate symbolism for his new and expanding ideas, ideals, and loyalties. This enhanced symbol must arise out of religious living, spiritual experience. And this higher symbolism of a higher civilization must be predicated on the concept of the Fatherhood of God and be pregnant with the mighty ideal of the brotherhood of man.

87:7.7 The old cults were too egocentric; the new must be the outgrowth of applied love. The new cult must, like the old, foster sentiment, satisfy emotion, and promote loyalty; but it must do more: It must facilitate spiritual progress, enhance cosmic meanings, augment moral values, encourage social development, and stimulate a high type of personal religious living. The new cult must provide supreme goals of living which are both temporal and eternal—social and spiritual.

You need to understand the nature and dynamic of cults as vehicles of symbolism, slogans, ideals, goals. They can serve as well as retard social and spiritual progress. At best, I might be a pioneer of advancing spiritual culture, freedom of thought and co-creational living. I take the best from all cult-ures of humanity and use it towards the highest good since that good originates from God, the first source and center of all.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Words have meaning, so seek to understand.

For insight into the 'nature of cultism' from the papers.....go here.

You need to understand the nature and dynamic of cults as vehicles of symbolism, slogans, ideals, goals. They can serve as well as retard social and spiritual progress. At best, I might be a pioneer of advancing spiritual culture, freedom of thought and co-creational living. I take the best from all cult-ures of humanity and use it towards the highest good since that good originates from God, the first source and center of all.

pj

Sorry "Professor" but you're not speaking to the choir here! I don't
follow your links, etc.! I decided long ago that the Bible is the ONLY
written word of God that's available to mankind! Any, "revelations"
beyond what is in the Bible, is NOT of God! You'll just have to find
some, very naive and gullible types that can be easily guided into
falsehood! I just want to speak against your kind of new-age
spiritualism/cultism! As you can see, you haven't had much interest
in your cult forthcoming! I think that's 'simply marvelous!'

jeremysdemo

Most "OTHERS" are pretty strange folks! Ya know what I mean? Odd!

Was Jesus a Pharisee?

if he had Pharisee or Sadducee here to chose from or Other, which do you think he would pick?

was he strange for not associating himself with worldly definitions of faith?

you know the answer to that is YES, so I consider myself in good company...lol

jeremysdemo

That's funny Jerm, you may be blind as well so don't saddle that tall horse with me again because you are not my guru then or now! so I will swap ego with the fly if I feel like it.
sorry to offend, but you used to wave your Christian banner around here for years, and would argue day and night over your own interpretations...

now I never claim to be any Guru of yours in any way, I only confessed that in all that time I never insulted you as you are doing to GM....do you deny that?

I only suggested there are better ways to achieve a goal...that is if you even have one, you don't have to follow my example.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
no stranger than the Holy Kiss Jesus gave his disciples, and Peter taught his as well, 1 Peter 5:14.

do you not love others and speak of them fondly just because they are of the same gender?

you sound a bit twisted, and not at all like Jesus and his followers to ask such a silly question or live in fear of what others think of you.
Well, I don't call guys sweetie, sweetheart, darling, honey! Why,
because I'd sound like some sort of "SWEETIE" myself! If you
get my drift? Now, if you think it's perfectly acceptable to use
those terms when speaking to guys, have at it! I choose not
to do that! It's socially unacceptable! And, I don't wish to be
thought of as a, "Fancy boy!" But, then again, that's just me!
I'm sure many of your ilk would consider Jesus a fancy boy when he gives his disciples a holy kiss in public as well...

social stigmas should not be what your faith is grounded on if you want to take up your cross and follow Jesus.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm sure many of your ilk would consider Jesus a fancy boy when he gives his disciples a holy kiss in public as well...

social stigmas should not be what your faith is grounded on if you want to take up your cross and follow Jesus.

Well, try as you may, there's no way you can 'rationalize" your
way out of this dilemna of yours! I guess you think it's perfectly
fine for a guy to call another guy honey, sweetheart, darling,
my love or whatever 'awkward' term of your choosing!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Was Jesus a Pharisee?

if he had Pharisee or Sadducee here to chose from or Other, which do you think he would pick?

Thank goodness we have "Rationalization" to fall back on, right? It
comes in handy in times like this!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
That is not true. If you are going to talk about the Bible, at least get it right.

Because you are unwilling to research your views and challenge your assumptions...you retard yourself from learning. I've provided commentary for my observations plus resource links that support such views. The bible is subject to interpretation, let alone its historicity/authorship issues. In order to get things right, a thorough investigation of all data available is essential if you would come to tenable conclusions.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You do not know the scriptures.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

We are not all God's children. Many are the children of Satan.

Writings must be interpreted within context. Language is figurative. We are all offspring of God, our Creator, our Father.....hence by such relationship are his children. Behaviorally we may act like devils depending on what spirit influences we are led by, but God is still our universal Father. Receiving the good news of the kingdom naturally opens us to the truth of God and our relationship to him.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All you are doing is cutting out what parts of the Bible you do not want to accept. You are not speaking any kind of knowledge about God.

You believe in other people's teachings; people who did not die for you.

A teaching stands or falls on its own merit or value.

Knowledge of God is intrinsic to one's being, self-evident. Additional knowledge is learned.

Someone dying for you might have relative value, but love of its own nature is self-sacrificing anyways. It is life-giving.

pj

Last edited:

God's Truth

A teaching stands or falls on its own merit or value.

Knowledge of God is intrinsic to one's being, self-evident. Additional knowledge is learned.

Someone dying for you might have relative value, but love of its own nature is self-sacrificing anyways. It's is life-giving.

pj

Jesus died for us. Your other teachers did not.

God is a jealous God.

He does not want you to worship other gods, who are not really gods, but demons.

God's Truth

Writings must be interpreted within context. Language is figurative. We are all offspring of God, our Creator, our Father.....hence by such relationship are his children. Behaviorally we may act like devils depending on what spirit influences we are led by, but God is still our universal Father. Receiving the good news of the kingdom naturally opens us to the truth of God and our relationship to him.

pj

God is your Father, or Satan is your father.

If you do what God says as is written in the Holy Bible, then God is your Father.

If you do what Satan does, then Satan is your father.

jeremysdemo

Well, try as you may, there's no way you can 'rationalize" your
way out of this dilemna of yours! I guess you think it's perfectly
fine for a guy to call another guy honey, sweetheart, darling,
my love or whatever 'awkward' term of your choosing!

well it was not "fine" or except-able for Jesus, an unmarried Jew to talk to the Samaritan woman at the well...very taboo, what will the neighbors think...

Had he worried about social convention the NT would be missing some parts sweety! ::cloud9:

How many men do you greet with a holy kiss? you see you do not live like Jesus who was brave with his beliefs, you live in fear of what others might think of you....rationalize your cultural beliefs as you may... His Spirit would not have you worried about what others in society think of you or terms you use....I wonder what spirit has gone into the world that does that tho....

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
Was Jesus a Pharisee?

Thank goodness we have "Rationalization" to fall back on, right? It
comes in handy in times like this!

you need to rationalize your prejudice of Others...or anyone not 'like' you on the surface....while completely ignoring the inside...Jesus warned his followers about this...John 7:24

will you hear his instruction? or will you continue to judge by outward appearance rather than how he said you should know his sheep? John 13:35

I am sorry lovely brother Paul for cluttering up your thread with off topic banter.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I am sorry lovely brother Paul for cluttering up your thread with off topic banter.

Blessings,........just orient things to weave within the subject matter if possible, that's the fun and challenge of 'creative dialogue'. Use the gift of logos as an artistic offering to God. - Let such be a joy.

I hope all enjoy our new OP, as an introduction, such being a springboard taking us to new realms in a cosmos-context. Life is adventure.

1:0.3 The enlightened worlds all recognize and worship the Universal Father, the eternal maker and infinite upholder of all creation. The will creatures of universe upon universe have embarked upon the long, long Paradise journey, the fascinating struggle of the eternal adventure of attaining God the Father. The transcendent goal of the children of time is to find the eternal God, to comprehend the divine nature, to recognize the Universal Father.

Paper 1 - The Universal Father (audio/vid)

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LOVELY?? There's another one of those 'odd' names for
one guy to call another! Very strange! Guess I grew up
in a different era than "you guys?" Back then, one guy
didn't call another guy; honey, sweetheart, darling, etc.!
Unless of course, they were a little bit of a "Fancy Boy!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
well it was not "fine" or except-able for Jesus, an unmarried Jew to talk to the Samaritan woman at the well...very taboo, what will the neighbors think...

Had he worried about social convention the NT would be missing some parts sweety! ::cloud9:

How many men do you greet with a holy kiss? you see you do not live like Jesus who was brave with his beliefs, you live in fear of what others might think of you....rationalize your cultural beliefs as you may... His Spirit would not have you worried about what others in society think of you or terms you use....I wonder what spirit has gone into the world that does that tho....

Well, I think most guys would have a problem being called sweety,
honey, darling, by another guy, even these days? The guy doing it
would probably be thought of as being a homosexual! That's what
GM would think! Society is, what society is, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.