The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

Sorry, but in trying to read the Urantia Book I can't help but remember this verse from The Holy Bible, which I have FAR more faith in than any other book:

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

What the UB represents is an 'other Gospel' than what Paul preached. The Blood of Jesus is discounted and trampled underfoot by the UB. Sorry... it CANNOT be from God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pioneers of religion...............

Pioneers of religion...............

The Great Religious Leaders

(1008.3) 92:5.1 In evolutionary religion, the gods are conceived to exist in the likeness of man’s image; in revelatory religion, men are taught that they are God’s sons — even fashioned in the finite image of divinity; in the synthesized beliefs compounded from the teachings of revelation and the products of evolution, the God concept is a blend of:

(1008.4) 92:5.2 1. The pre-existent ideas of the evolutionary cults.

(1008.5) 92:5.3 2. The sublime ideals of revealed religion.

(1008.6) 92:5.4 3. The personal viewpoints of the great religious leaders, the prophets and teachers of mankind.

(1008.7) 92:5.5 Most great religious epochs have been inaugurated by the life and teachings of some outstanding personality; leadership has originated a majority of the worth-while moral movements of history. And men have always tended to venerate the leader, even at the expense of his teachings; to revere his personality, even though losing sight of the truths which he proclaimed. And this is not without reason; there is an instinctive longing in the heart of evolutionary man for help from above and beyond. This craving is designed to anticipate the appearance on earth of the Planetary Prince and the later Material Sons. On Urantia man has been deprived of these superhuman leaders and rulers, and therefore does he constantly seek to make good this loss by enshrouding his human leaders with legends pertaining to supernatural origins and miraculous careers.

(1008.8) 92:5.6 Many races have conceived of their leaders as being born of virgins; their careers are liberally sprinkled with miraculous episodes, and their return is always expected by their respective groups. In central Asia the tribesmen still look for the return of Genghis Khan; in Tibet, China, and India it is Buddha; in Islam it is Mohammed; among the Amerinds it was Hesunanin Onamonalonton; with the Hebrews it was, in general, Adam’s return as a material ruler. In Babylon the god Marduk was a perpetuation of the Adam legend, the son-of-God idea, the connecting link between man and God. Following the appearance of Adam on earth, so-called sons of God were common among the world races.

(1009.1) 92:5.7 But regardless of the superstitious awe in which they were often held, it remains a fact that these teachers were the temporal personality fulcrums on which the levers of revealed truth depended for the advancement of the morality, philosophy, and religion of mankind.

Wonderful insights above as 'truth' unfolds to mankind via 'evolutionary progress' and 'periods of revelation', further modified and fashioned thru the religious leaders and prophets who serve as 'catalysts' of such dispensations, pioneering new streams of light into human consciousness :)

The 'fulcrum' and 'lever' analogy is superb.

pj

Last edited:

Aimiel

God doesn't need to reveal 'new truth' since Christ is ALL Truth. Reject Him and you'll follow just about anything. Find Him and you don't need for anything.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The value is inherent..............

The value is inherent..............

(1010.4) 92:5.16 The future of Urantia will doubtless be characterized by the appearance of teachers of religious truth — the Fatherhood of God and the fraternity of all creatures. But it is to be hoped that the ardent and sincere efforts of these future prophets will be directed less toward the strengthening of interreligious barriers and more toward the augmentation of the religious brotherhood of spiritual worship among the many followers of the differing intellectual theologies which so characterize Urantia of Satania.

As we follow the current of the divine will in all creation, in all evolutions....it is towards the original unity and integration of All, that the divine heart inspires.

Hence, the 'Fatherhood of God & Brotherhood of Man' is naturally at the heart of the gospel-message, as it emphasizes men as sons of God and by that revelation is the Fatherhood of God evident. Both go hand in hand. The sword that the Savior brings is the one that cuts asunder unnecessary division, false religious concepts, valueless belief-systems and everything unworthy of the name of 'true religion'.

The UB presents the highest respect, evaluation and commentary on the subject of Religion - here.

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Return of Christ Michael......

Return of Christ Michael......

The Master’s Second Coming

(1914.2) 176:2.1 On several occasions Jesus had made statements which led his hearers to infer that, while he intended presently to leave this world, he would most certainly return to consummate the work of the heavenly kingdom. As the conviction grew on his followers that he was going to leave them, and after he had departed from this world, it was only natural for all believers to lay fast hold upon these promises to return. The doctrine of the second coming of Christ thus became early incorporated into the teachings of the Christians, and almost every subsequent generation of disciples has devoutly believed this truth and has confidently looked forward to his sometime coming.

This is an interesting subject among UB readers, but it appears very clear that Jesus (Christ Michael) will in fact return, but the very details and descriptions of such an 'appearing' are not wholly clear or fully revealed. There may be another dispensational bestowal of a divine Son of another high order (a Magisterial Son, Teacher Son, etc.), before Jesus return, we can only speculate.

Video-script presentation below -

Jesus of Urantia / The Return of Christ Michael

Broadcast Urantia Report

pj

Last edited:

Aimiel

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

It has been revealed, in detail, you simply don't believe the Truth.

Also, it makes no sense why you should call Christ Jesus: "Christ Michael," since Jesus was The One Who created Michael.

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Still not getting much...............

Still not getting much...............

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

It has been revealed, in detail, you simply don't believe the Truth.

Also, it makes no sense why you should call Christ Jesus: "Christ Michael," since Jesus was The One Who created Michael.

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

You apparently have not read or studied how Jesus assumes the title of 'Christ-Michael' (which we've covered), being of the Order of Creator Sons who are called 'Michaels' (or of the order of Michael). This name 'Micheal' does NOT refer to the arch-angel Michael in traditional angelology, but may show there being a confusion of the name applied to the Prince of angels, within Judeo-Christian scripture and mythology.

See previous coverage on Creator Sons (or Michaels) here if you want a fair intelligent and informed discussion on the subject. You have to do you part to learn what your attacking. Have been very generous to supply you with much commentary and resources on the subjects here, to properly educate for an informed discussion. From the beginning of the thread however your true intent to demonize, destroy and discredit the papers is very clear. None the less you persist. Such an attitude only perpetuates ignorance, misconceptions and a whole host of wrong assessments. Learn, then discuss.

pj

Aimiel

You apparently have not read or studied how Jesus assumes the title of 'Christ-Michael' (which we've covered), being of the Order of Creator Sons who are called 'Michaels' (or of the order of Michael).
Of course I haven't, since it's pure bunk. Why should I read a counterfeit Bible when I can read The Holy Bible, authored by The Only Living God? :duh:
This name 'Micheal' does NOT refer to the arch-angel Michael in traditional angelology, but may show there being a confusion of the name applied to the Prince of angels, within Judeo-Christian scripture and mythology.
It's demeaning. It's comparable to me calling you: "Shelia," or, "Nancy." It isn't just impolite; it's blasphemous.
See previous coverage on Creator Sons (or Michaels)
See The Holy Scriptures on what constitutes blasphemy.[/QUOTE]You have to do (your) part to learn what (you're) attacking. [/QUOTE]I know what I'm attacking: demonic doctrine. Your silence on the subject simply means that you acquiesce to my accusations.[/QUOTE](I have) been very generous to supply you with much commentary and resources on the subjects here, to properly educate (you) for an informed discussion. [/QUOTE]You actually think that a Christian is going to want to read that nonsense? Do you read The Holy Scriptures? I can understand why you don't, since God is against the blasphemy and lies in your numerous and varied phony religions, but I'm not ranting and raving about the fact that you don't read them. It's your loss. It's how your posts fall to the ground every time you post: you're ill informed about Truth.
From the beginning of the thread however your true intent to demonize, destroy and discredit the papers is very clear.
Kind sir; you seek to flatter me.[/QUOTE]Such an attitude only perpetuates ignorance, misconceptions and a whole host of wrong assessments. Learn, then discuss.[/QUOTE]Scripture isn't wrong, ignorant or misconceived. I have learned, am learning and will forever be learning about my God. I only wish you could. It's far more illuminating than learning about darkness. You're calling darkness: "Light," and think to show me a candle. Your tiny flicker of a flame is doused against my shield and you don't even have clue #1 that you are in complete darkness. Talk about ignorance! It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic and childish. How old are you? Fifteen? You act like a twelve-year-old at times.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sorry, but in trying to read the Urantia Book I can't help but remember this verse from The Holy Bible, which I have FAR more faith in than any other book:

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

What the UB represents is an 'other Gospel' than what Paul preached. The Blood of Jesus is discounted and trampled underfoot by the UB. Sorry... it CANNOT be from God.

Hate to sound melodramatic. However, the urantia papers
is another weapon used by Satan to sway people away
from the truth of Scripture!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course I haven't, since it's pure bunk. Why should I read a counterfeit Bible when I can read The Holy Bible, authored by The Only Living God? :duh:It's demeaning. It's comparable to me calling you: "Shelia," or, "Nancy." It isn't just impolite; it's blasphemous.See The Holy Scriptures on what constitutes blasphemy.
You have to do (your) part to learn what (you're) attacking. [/QUOTE]I know what I'm attacking: demonic doctrine. Your silence on the subject simply means that you acquiesce to my accusations.[/QUOTE](I have) been very generous to supply you with much commentary and resources on the subjects here, to properly educate (you) for an informed discussion. [/QUOTE]You actually think that a Christian is going to want to read that nonsense? Do you read The Holy Scriptures? I can understand why you don't, since God is against the blasphemy and lies in your numerous and varied phony religions, but I'm not ranting and raving about the fact that you don't read them. It's your loss. It's how your posts fall to the ground every time you post: you're ill informed about Truth.Kind sir; you seek to flatter me.[/QUOTE]Such an attitude only perpetuates ignorance, misconceptions and a whole host of wrong assessments. Learn, then discuss.[/QUOTE]Scripture isn't wrong, ignorant or misconceived. I have learned, am learning and will forever be learning about my God. I only wish you could. It's far more illuminating than learning about darkness. You're calling darkness: "Light," and think to show me a candle. Your tiny flicker of a flame is doused against my shield and you don't even have clue #1 that you are in complete darkness. Talk about ignorance! It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic and childish. How old are you? Fifteen? You act like a twelve-year-old at times.[/QUOTE]

Just call Freelight, "KLAATU!"

journey

Christ Michael is a figment of a criminal and warped imagination. Jesus Christ is the Holy Name of our Lord and Saviour - the Son of God - God the Son - one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. The urantia papers are a sick and twisted theft of the Holy Bible. The urantia papers add and take away much in the theft of the Holy Bible. The plaques written about are also in the Book of Revelation. I wouldn't want anything to do with the urantia papers for many reasons, including God's promise of horrible punishment.

Revelation 22:18-19 KJV 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Christ Michael is a figment of a criminal and warped imagination. Jesus Christ is the Holy Name of our Lord and Saviour - the Son of God - God the Son - one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. The urantia papers are a sick and twisted theft of the Holy Bible. The urantia papers add and take away much in the theft of the Holy Bible. The plaques written about are also in the Book of Revelation. I wouldn't want anything to do with the urantia papers for many reasons, including God's promise of horrible punishment.

Revelation 22:18-19 KJV 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Gabriel told Mary what Jewish name to give Michael, who would soon incarnate as the Son of Man among the Jews. The apostle John saw Jesus' true heavenly name "Michael" in his vision on Patmos. Unfortunately the The Book of Revelation was reworked by apocalyptic writers before being added to the cannon.

Michael, while incarnate, was named after Joshua.

Aimiel

Now you know what verses of Scripture said which were removed almost 2,000 years ago?!? :rolleyes:

Why is it you don't follow the verses that are actually IN Scripture? :duh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wonderful insights above as 'truth' unfolds to mankind via 'evolutionary progress' and 'periods of revelation', further modified and fashioned thru the religious leaders and prophets who serve as 'catalysts' of such dispensations, pioneering new streams of light into human consciousness :)

The 'fulcrum' and 'lever' analogy is superb.

pj

Man, you sure have your urantia propaganda, down pat!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
We can see from the backward frightened savages that populate this fallen earth just how difficult it is for God to reveal anything new to the earth without interfering with the faith guided evolutionary plan. If the bible idol said God was made of pudding they would defend that as well.

blackbirdking

If the bible idol said God was made of pudding they would defend that as well.

Do you suppose that one might replace the "bible idol" with a different idol of book form?

One might have a "bible idol", while another has a different "book idol", and both be in the same 'boat'? Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black? There is an awful big selection of "idol bibles" out there.

Hmmmm, let's see..., which book should I make my idol?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Do you suppose that one might replace the "bible idol" with a different idol of book form?

One might have a "bible idol", while another has a different "book idol", and both be in the same 'boat'? Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black? There is an awful big selection of "idol bibles" out there.

Hmmmm, let's see..., which book should I make my idol?

Point taken, but the UB doesn’t claim to be written by God, neither does the Bible for that matter. It's the Church or temple authorities that make that claim in order to control. The motive might be innocent and even good, but the practice stunts and retards any new truth.

(1007.1) 92:4.1 Revelation is evolutionary but always progressive. Down through the ages of a world’s history, the revelations of religion are ever-expanding and successively more enlightening. It is the mission of revelation to sort and censor the successive religions of evolution. But if revelation is to exalt and upstep the religions of evolution, then must such divine visitations portray teachings which are not too far removed from the thought and reactions of the age in which they are presented. Thus must and does revelation always keep in touch with evolution. Always must the religion of revelation be limited by man’s capacity of receptivity.

There have been many events of religious revelation but only five of epochal significance. These were as follows:

(1007.5) 92:4.5 1. The Dalamatian teachings. The true concept of the First Source and Center was first promulgated on Urantia by the one hundred corporeal members of Prince Caligastia’s staff. This expanding revelation of Deity went on for more than three hundred thousand years until it was suddenly terminated by the planetary secession and the disruption of the teaching regime. Except for the work of Van, the influence of the Dalamatian revelation was practically lost to the whole world. Even the Nodites had forgotten this truth by the time of Adam’s arrival. Of all who received the teachings of the one hundred, the red men held them longest, but the idea of the Great Spirit was but a hazy concept in Amerindian religion when contact with Christianity greatly clarified and strengthened it.

(1007.6) 92:4.6 2. The Edenic teachings. Adam and Eve again portrayed the concept of the Father of all to the evolutionary peoples. The disruption of the first Eden halted the course of the Adamic revelation before it had ever fully started. But the aborted teachings of Adam were carried on by the Sethite priests, and some of these truths have never been entirely lost to the world. The entire trend of Levantine religious evolution was modified by the teachings of the Sethites. But by 2500 B.C. mankind had largely lost sight of the revelation sponsored in the days of Eden.

(1007.7) 92:4.7 3. Melchizedek of Salem. This emergency Son of Nebadon inaugurated the third revelation of truth on Urantia. The cardinal precepts of his teachings were trust and faith. He taught trust in the omnipotent beneficence of God and proclaimed that faith was the act by which men earned God’s favor. His teachings gradually commingled with the beliefs and practices of various evolutionary religions and finally developed into those theologic systems present on Urantia at the opening of the first millennium after Christ.

(1008.1) 92:4.8 4. Jesus of Nazareth. Christ Michael presented for the fourth time to Urantia the concept of God as the Universal Father, and this teaching has generally persisted ever since. The essence of his teaching was love and service, the loving worship which a creature son voluntarily gives in recognition of, and response to, the loving ministry of God his Father; the freewill service which such creature sons bestow upon their brethren in the joyous realization that in this service they are likewise serving God the Father.

(1008.2) 92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

Status
Not open for further replies.