The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Amen!

And, we all know that the urantia book would not exist except for the prior existence of the Holy Bible. The writers of the urantia book committed theft before they used their imagination on their fairy tales. Actually, the term "fairy tales" is giving the urantia book too much credit.The urantia book is the authority for absolutely NOTHING.

Timothy 2 wasn't even scripture at the time that the author gave his or her opinion about the OT scripture, so T-2 wasn't even talking about itself! The RCC canonized the letters and books of it's choosing while un-inspiring other books. And it's a sad defense of the church governments doctrine of inerrancy that a person would have to wade through centuries of exaggeration and inconsistency to find the flimsy claim of Timothy.

God is the Living Word, the Bible books even say that.

Revelations great and small are not "owned" by any author. Revelation is ongoing and progressive so naturally those bits of truth in the bible books are a part of it while the UB reveals many things never known before or forgotten in history.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
you should look in the mirror before you damn.

I am not speaking for or against the UB, just your logic..

You let a bunch of Pagans decide what went in your "Holy Bible" now you set in judgement of others... how despicable.

You're the one that's "off base!" How dare you speak of the
Bible in such a blasphemous way!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
and yet you let man define scripture for you .. that is of God... how foolish..

Tell me where Timothy told you it would be in your version of the Bible He never heard of before.

You been sold my friend,,and u bought hook line and sinker..

Of course, you speak out of ignorance! You poor soul!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth call........

truth call........

And, we all know that the urantia book would not exist except for the prior existence of the Holy Bible. The writers of the urantia book committed theft before they used their imagination on their fairy tales. Actually, the term "fairy tales" is giving the urantia book too much credit.The urantia book is the authority for absolutely NOTHING.

All previous 'dialogue' and 'questions' posed to you and what has been shared in this entire thread, stand. You have nothing to offer the discussion since you haven't properly educated yourself by following the discussion, resource-information, or read the papers yourself. You're position is therefore skewed, misconceived and biased, unncessarily at that, when you could be properly enlightened.

Being 'clueless' isn't a very admirable condition to be stuck in. A closed mind cannot learn anything, and what is worse is one encrusted with religious dogma, claims of exclusivity, and other religious trappings.....when true principles and values are what are most important, these being respected wherever they are found. 'God' cannot be limited to one book or collection of books, Ever. Writings are but symbolic descriptions of relatable knowledge communicating certain ideas, thoughts, concepts within various contexts. They are not the 'realities', 'truths' or 'principles' themselves, but only representations (pointers).

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Round the mulberry bush........

Round the mulberry bush........

The very best reason to reject Urantia as heresy is that it causes adherents to trample Jesus' Blood under their feet.

We've already covered the 'blood-atonement' concept for interested readers. 'Heresy' is in the eye of the beholder, while the logic, meaning and values in any concept are open to honest inspection, if such are reasonable for acceptance or rejection.

He didn't die in vain.

Depends on how you look at it, in what context. He gave his life as a love-sacrifice, and proved that the immortal spirit reigns and is ever victorious, when wed to the divine will. He calls all to follow that high road which leads to life eternal.

He died to become a ransom for many who would believe in the salvation that He provided. It is the ONLY way to be saved from sins.

Already covered the 'blood-atonement' belief-system. That's where you appear to be 'stuck'.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Get out of your 'box'......

Get out of your 'box'......

You're the one that's "off base!" How dare you speak of the
Bible in such a blasphemous way!

A 'bible' of your own exalted imagination and perhaps misplaced 'esteem'. Remember, men canonized the 'Bible', there is no reason to deem it 'inerrant' or that God himself wrote it with his divine hand, when imperfect human mediums transcribed various books, and at varying levels of inspiration at that. Your caricature and knee-jerk reaction of sacrilege is amusing. In fact the whole calvary of narrow-minded bible-believers trolling and marginalizing this thread is comical from the higher cosmic vision that the UB lays out for any interested explorer of universal truths.

Truth (in its essence, including whatever forms or mediums it is shared thru) has nothing to fear,...only human minds and rigid belief-systems fear new concepts, expansion of consciousness and progressive revelation.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Principles hold, not 'misconceptions'.......

Principles hold, not 'misconceptions'.......

The urantia book is the authority for absolutely NOTHING.

"There is no religion higher than Truth" - Theosophical Society slogan

I would also add that the UB does not claim any religious 'authority', no more than the Bible or any other religious book, since one judges a book by its 'contents', not its 'cover' to see if its integrity and teachings hold.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A 'bible' of your own exalted imagination and perhaps misplaced 'esteem'. Remember, men canonized the 'Bible', there is no reason to deem it 'inerrant' or that God himself wrote it with his divine hand, when imperfect human mediums transcribed various books, and at varying levels of inspiration at that. Your caricature and knee-jerk reaction of sacrilege is amusing. In fact the whole calvary of narrow-minded bible-believers trolling and marginalizing this thread is comical from the higher cosmic vision that the UB lays out for any interested explorer of universal truths.

Truth (in its essence, including whatever forms or mediums it is shared thru) has nothing to fear,...only human minds and rigid belief-systems fear new concepts, expansion of consciousness and progressive revelation.

pj

In order to have the truth, the Holy Spirit must be at work
in your life! The Holy Spirit uses the message that's contained
in the Bible to bring knowledge of truth!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Pastorals.......

The Pastorals.......

2 Timothy 3:16 states; "All scripture is given by
inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Adding further to this NT quote, it would do well to know that the pastoral letters (Timothy and Titus) are both regarded as 'pseudographical' (inauthentic), rather late inclusions (100 - 150 AD) into the NT, so this quote doesn't prove much of anything, except a religious scribes own statements bolstering his own religion.

pj

journey

you should look in the mirror before you damn.

I am not speaking for or against the UB, just your logic..

You let a bunch of Pagans decide what went in your "Holy Bible" now you set in judgement of others... how despicable.

I don't know what religion, if any, that you associate yourself with now. Regardless, I don't appreciate your disrespect for the Holy Bible. I have nothing further to say to you, and you also just won a spot on my ignore list.

journey

All previous 'dialogue' and 'questions' posed to you and what has been shared in this entire thread, stand. You have nothing to offer the discussion since you haven't properly educated yourself by following the discussion, resource-information, or read the papers yourself. You're position is therefore skewed, misconceived and biased, unncessarily at that, when you could be properly enlightened.

Being 'clueless' isn't a very admirable condition to be stuck in. A closed mind cannot learn anything, and what is worse is one encrusted with religious dogma, claims of exclusivity, and other religious trappings.....when true principles and values are what are most important, these being respected wherever they are found. 'God' cannot be limited to one book or collection of books, Ever. Writings are but symbolic descriptions of relatable knowledge communicating certain ideas, thoughts, concepts within various contexts. They are not the 'realities', 'truths' or 'principles' themselves, but only representations (pointers).

pj

I disagree with everything you stand for, and I have no use at all for the urantia book. I gave the urantia book too much credit with anything I said about it. I'm a Christian and I believe that the Holy Bible is God's Word. You couldn't possibly understand that with all of the garbage you fill your head with. I'm obviously not interested in any of that garbage.

journey

pj

You're beyond help, and it's time for me to shake the dust off my sandals. I have nothing further to say to you, and you just won a spot on my ignore list.

Aimiel

We've already covered the 'blood-atonement' concept for interested readers.
You mean you have completely thrown it out, since it is worthless to you.
'Heresy' is in the eye of the beholder, while the logic, meaning and values in any concept are open to honest inspection, if such are reasonable for acceptance or rejection.
Of course, but after an honest inspection of a few fact regarding the Urantia nonsense, one can easily see that it doesn't line up with the Truth revealed to us by God in His Holy Bible.
He gave his life as a love-sacrifice, and proved that the immortal spirit reigns and is ever victorious, when wed to the divine will. He calls all to follow that high road which leads to life eternal.
There's still only ONE entrance ramp to that High Road and it's covered with His Blood.
Already covered the 'blood-atonement' belief-system. That's where you appear to be 'stuck'.
Yes, and shall be forevermore. The Blood of Christ gives us His Mercy and Grace which cannot be defeated. I'll stick with His Word and not the words of a demon, thanks anyway.

Aimiel

Adding further to this NT quote, it would do well to know that the pastoral letters (Timothy and Titus) are both regarded as 'pseudographical' (inauthentic), rather late inclusions (100 - 150 AD) into the NT, so this quote doesn't prove much of anything, except a religious scribes own statements bolstering his own religion.
Maybe we should start from common ground: are there any words in The Holy Bible that you believe are correct?

Aimiel

Fear has nothing to do with the proper use of wisdom. Those who are wise avoid witchcraft and things which contain doctrines of demons, especially writings done by someone channeling a demon spirit. :duh:

There is no 'new' concept in Urantia, it's the same as the first lie: "You shall not surely die." It's just been re-packaged, but it still smells like brimstone to me.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I disagree with everything you stand for, and I have no use at all for the urantia book. I gave the urantia book too much credit with anything I said about it. I'm a Christian and I believe that the Holy Bible is God's Word. You couldn't possibly understand that with all of the garbage you fill your head with. I'm obviously not interested in any of that garbage.

Goodbye then, since you're just wasting your time here :wave:

Enjoy your narrow sliver of reality.......

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Beyond the bible..............

Beyond the bible..............

Maybe we should start from common ground: are there any words in The Holy Bible that you believe are correct?

The common ground of this thread is the UB, discussing/sharing its teaching-concepts in the field of science, religion and philosophy....as such relates to the entire field of human knowledge and religious experience. For those interested, they have over 200 pages of 'dialogue' in this thread to research for themselves.

You ought to know after all these years, that I hold to the universal truths and principles found in all religious traditions, since the 'eternal wisdom' spans all fields of knowledge, every facet of human experience. Obviously there is some wisdom, inspired writing, revelation, and valuable information within what is canonized as the 'Bible' (OT and NT), as well as human invention, mythology and limited archaic concept-beliefs that are no longer valid or tenable in our modern age, as we've progressed onwards from what is now primitive and obsolete.

pj

Aimiel

You ought to know after all these years, that I hold to the universal truths and principles found in all religious traditions...
You pretend to, only; for if you indeed did hold to Christ (Who ALONE is Truth) you would do as He said.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

No, you haven't found Truth, you've found half-truths, which are exactly the same thing as whole lies, only more dangerous.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You pretend to, only; for if you indeed did hold to Christ (Who ALONE is Truth) you would do as He said.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

No, you haven't found Truth, you've found half-truths, which are exactly the same thing as whole lies, only more dangerous.

Yep!

Status
Not open for further replies.