The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWStipple

'God' is revealed to each individual uniquely. Respect granted towards this fact is appreciated, as well as recognizing the common ground that 'God' is as the source of life.

Amazing that more people don't think that way, FL. My own version of god is entirely unique...it's not inappropriate to say that god "revealed" himself to me in that way because it's all I could understand. That "god" is the source of life to me...the meaning of life...the reason to live.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus didn't have any pre-incarnate 'brothers' since He created the angels. :duh:

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Read it again, the conversation was with Gabriel, that's the celestial being that came to Mary.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Infinite Love

Infinite Love

Amazing that more people don't think that way, FL. My own version of god is entirely unique...it's not inappropriate to say that god "revealed" himself to me in that way because it's all I could understand. That "god" is the source of life to me...the meaning of life...the reason to live.

When we look at it from the depths of our innermost being, the same ground of being shared with all other beings,...we cannot help but recognize that inherent value and meaning which Life itself is invested with. From there, true compassion, understanding and love can express and fulfill itself....even within the various religious cultures and traditions, as these have all sprung from the Universal One.

pj

Aimiel

Read it again, the conversation was with Gabriel, that's the celestial being that came to Mary.
You need to read your Bible. Gabriel is an angel. Jesus created him. The 'conversation' never took place. It's fiction. Pure plagiarism, borrowing from the Bible and men's imaginings of the spirit realm's realities.

One Truth

Jesus didn't have any pre-incarnate 'brothers' since He created the angels. :duh:

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he [Jesus/Michael] might be the firstborn among many brethren.

154:6.5 But, after all, who is my mother and who are my brothers?" And stretching forth his hands toward all of his disciples assembled in the room, he said: "I have no mother; I have no brothers. Behold my mother and behold my brethren! For whosoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my mother, my brother, and my sister."

~~I am sure the reference to those who "do the will of the Father" would extend to and include any Being existing pre-incarnation. Who do you think Jesus was when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth?

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me [ Jesus] with thine own self with the glory which I [Michael] had with thee before the world was.

Aimiel

Dude, there are none besides Jesus, who are God's Own Son. They are called His sons, treated as such and gain the inheritance of Him, but God only has One Begotten Son: Jesus, Who is Creator, not creature. Michael is a created being, a creature. Jesus created Michael.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You need to read your Bible. Gabriel is an angel. Jesus created him. The 'conversation' never took place. It's fiction. Pure plagiarism, borrowing from the Bible and men's imaginings of the spirit realm's realities.

Talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old Aimiel. Lets go to the dictionary to help you understand.....if thats possible.

celestial noun

Definition of CELESTIAL

1: a heavenly or mythical being

Angels are celestial beings. Good grief!

If Christ returned today you would argue with and reject him if he does not fit the extremely narrow world view you live in.

Caino

Aimiel

Talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old Aimiel. Lets go to the dictionary to help you understand.....if thats possible.

celestial noun

Definition of CELESTIAL

1: a heavenly or mythical being

Angels are celestial beings. Good grief!

If Christ returned today you would argue with and reject him if he does not fit the extremely narrow world view you live in.
If He returned today, you'd not know about it. You'll see the man of sin be revealed before it happens, and you'll think that he is The Christ.

Your presumptions are showing. I knew what, "celestial," means, you simply don't know what, "Holy Bible," and, "plagiarism," mean. Your mythical UB isn't holy and isn't a Bible. :chuckle:

One Truth

Aimiel, can you not answer my question, or did you just not read it?

Who do you think Jesus was when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth?

Considering the fact that the name Jesus (Yeshua) was his given name at His incarnation, you couldn't possibly believe His name was Jesus (literally) when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth?

When the Urantia Book speaks of "Michael" it is speaking of our Creator Son - not a created archangel (which you are confusing the Name Michael with due to gross misinterpretation of the original Hebrew and Greek). That subject is covered in another topic in which many literalist went off like a bottle rocket.

So again, in case you, missed it: Who do you think Jesus was when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth? Who was it that incarnated? Have you ever asked yourself that? What was His Name?

Aimiel

Who do you think Jesus was when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth?
Well, I think He was who I believe He is today: God's un-created, eternal, co-creator Son.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Considering the fact that the name Jesus (Yeshua) was his given name at His incarnation, you couldn't possibly believe His name was Jesus (literally) when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth?
Are you trying to say that God isn't capable of knowing what His Name would be when He becomes incarnate, back at the time before the foundation of the earth? :think:

He is one and the same, whether you call Him: Jesus, Yeshua, Messiah, Creator, God, Son of God, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace or Lord. He is still Who He was then. He chose to magnify His Word even above all of His Name.
When the Urantia Book speaks of "Michael" it is speaking of our Creator Son - not a created archangel (which you are confusing the Name Michael with due to gross misinterpretation of the original Hebrew and Greek).
I'm not the one who is confused. Michael is an arch-angel, not The Only Begotten of The Father. Simply because you've been deceived into believing some myth about Michael doesn't make it so. The Holy Bible was penned, for just such nonsense to be dispelled.
So again, in case you, missed it: Who do you think Jesus was when He was with the Father before the foundation of the Earth? Who was it that incarnated?
Jesus said, "If you've seen Me, you've seen The Father."
Have you ever asked yourself that? What was His Name?
I believe I already answered that. :chuckle:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If He returned today, you'd not know about it. You'll see the man of sin be revealed before it happens, and you'll think that he is The Christ.

Your presumptions are showing. I knew what, "celestial," means, you simply don't know what, "Holy Bible," and, "plagiarism," mean. Your mythical UB isn't holy and isn't a Bible. :chuckle:

In 383 AD Pope Damasus compiled the "Damasian list" which became (a) Bible, prior to that there was no "Holy Bible". For 400 years there was no "word of God" book.

Christ left NO WRITINGS, his apostles made no record until well after Jesus left, nearly 50 years afterward. So your closed minded intolerance of any ongoing revelation is founded on a concept of an infallible document which was not collated for 4 centuries. Then Jerome had his list in 394, Augustine and the North African canons which reluctantly included Hebrews. Then there was the Eastern canon list which still does not include Revelation. The late 5th or early 6th century Peshitta of the Syrian Orthodox Church which includes a 22 book New Testament. The Armenian Bible introduces a third letter to the Corinthians, also found in the Acts of Paul, which became canonized in the Armenian Church, but is not part of the Armenian Bible today, the East African canons, The New Testament of the Coptic Bible, adopted by the Egyptian Church, includes the two Epistles of Clement. The canon of the Tewahedo Churches is somewhat looser than for other traditional Christian groups, and the order, naming, and chapter/verse division of some of the books is also slightly different.

The Ethiopian "narrow" canon includes 81 books altogether: The 27 book New Testament; those Old Testament books found in the Septuagint and accepted by the Orthodox; as well as Enoch, Jubilees, 1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, Rest of the Words of Baruch and 3 books of Meqabyan (these three Ethiopian books of Maccabees are entirely different in content from the four Books of Maccabees known elsewhere.

The "broader" Ethiopian New Testament canon includes four books of "Sinodos" (church practices), two "Books of Covenant", "Ethiopic Clement", and "Ethiopic Didascalia" (Apostolic Church-Ordinances).

So, again, making the Bible (there are very different types) a golden calf, a fetish written by God himself is just not supported by reality.

Caino

Aimiel

So, again, making the Bible (there are very different types) a golden calf, a fetish written by God himself is just not supported by reality.
While I agree somewhat (one ding-a-ling on TOL who even calls himself: "Christan," telling me that he actually worships The Bible), I have to say that the Urantia Book is pure fiction. The Holy Bible is true, and all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. If you don't believe that, then that explains why you've swallowed the enemy's lie, wholesale.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The same holds true for prophecies given today: holy men of God speak as they're moved by The Holy Ghost. Wish we could say the same for you. It most certainly isn't true for the demon-possessed moron who wrote the Urantia Book.

JWStipple

Ahhh...now I get it! The "god-inspired" folks, filled by the "holy spirit", who wrote the bible are all legit...but any other god-inspired folks who wrote any other book are all filled by demons.

Whew. I'm sure glad that's all cleared up now.

Aimiel

The UB was inspired by the god of this world: Satan. Those who know The One True God recognize this fact, and wish that those who believe that the UB came from Him would buy a clue.

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

JWStipple

The UB was inspired by the god of this world: Satan.

Well...the satanic influences in bible interpretation want you to believe that. The UB paints a picture of a god that's much more worthy of the name than the bible paints. What if that got out? Satan would lose his punch if folks found a god they actually liked.

Those who know The One True God recognize this fact, and wish that those who believe that the UB came from Him would buy a clue.

Those who think the One True God is being unnecessarily demonized by the bible wish that folks would give god ALL the credit he deserves...rather than continuing to squeeze god into such cramped, narrow viewpoints.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The UB was inspired by the god of this world: Satan. Those who know The One True God recognize this fact, and wish that those who believe that the UB came from Him would buy a clue.

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

smile.......once again a Christian proclaiming Satan to be a God and purporting to have intimate information of what he thinks and does. It's uncanny. They still use the same brain washed logic that rejected Christ.

Caino

Aimiel

Well...the satanic influences in bible interpretation want you to believe that. The UB paints a picture of a god that's much more worthy of the name than the bible paints. What if that got out? Satan would lose his punch if folks found a god they actually liked.
It would appear they have: Satan. Why do you think he's called, "The god of this world," chief? :duh:
Those who think the One True God is being unnecessarily demonized by the bible wish that folks would give god ALL the credit he deserves...rather than continuing to squeeze god into such cramped, narrow viewpoints.
He's The One Who designed His Word. He said what He wanted, and left out what He wanted. Edits aren't allowed. It doesn't demand a re-write. It's His Eternal Word. The 44 men who penned it's 66 books each gave their lives. That alone is worth noting; besides all the fulfilled and yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecy and wise and poignant guidance for spiritual and physical life.

Jesus won't say, "Ollie-ollie oxen free," come judgment day; He will say, to those who aren't in relationship with Him: "Depart from Me, I never knew you."

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He also didn't say that He is 'one' of the ways into Heaven; He said that He is The One and Only Way.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Aimiel

smile.......once again a Christian proclaiming Satan to be a God and purporting to have intimate information of what he thinks and does. It's uncanny. They still use the same brain washed logic that rejected Christ.
Do you want me to start making up things that I imagine that you're thinking or saying, and post them on TOL as if they're so? If not, then please don't do so for me, OK? I don't believe that Satan has one one-hundredth of the power that most folks believe that he has. I do, however, recognize, understand and work against his powers.

JWStipple

It would appear they have: Satan. Why do you think he's called, "The god of this world," chief?

Lol...whaaa? Hardly a response to match the comment. The UB paints a picture of a desirable god. If that's the work of satan, then god needs a new advertising agency. God's own followers sound like they work for satan...driving people away from god, rather than towards god.

He's The One Who designed His Word.

That may be true...but then he put it in the hands of humans, not only to write it, but also to interpret it...and that messed everything up.

He said what He wanted, and left out what He wanted.

Not so sure about that. Humans had a lot more to do with that than god did.

Edits aren't allowed.

Lol...hey...tell that one to the human race. The UB isn't editing the bible...it fills in the blanks, clarifies, and corrects. The UB makes god appealing again. That doesn't sound like satan to me. What sounds like satan is making a caricature out of god...like most believers do.

It doesn't demand a re-write.

That's because the bible is so perfectly clear that it spawned a brazilian religions, right?

It's His Eternal Word.

For a world that's constantly changing? Even god could foresee that meaning changes with time.

The 44 men who penned it's 66 books each gave their lives. That alone is worth noting; besides all the fulfilled and yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecy and wise and poignant guidance for spiritual and physical life.

Well...most of that appears to be lost on god's believers. Which is why god wanted to try again.

Jesus won't say, "Ollie-ollie oxen free," come judgment day; He will say, to those who aren't in relationship with Him: "Depart from Me, I never knew you."

And that sounds a lot like psychology masquerading as theology. You want to bring people to god? Good...then it only makes sense to show them a god worth bringing people to, doesn't it? If they look at you...and see someone they don't want to be...you've lost them.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The final battle against the arch deceivers:

THE SOJOURN ON MOUNT HERMON

134:8.1 After spending some time in the vicinity of Caesarea Philippi, Jesus made ready his supplies, and securing a beast of burden and a lad named Tiglath, he proceeded along the Damascus road to a village sometime known as Beit Jenn in the foothills of Mount Hermon. Here, near the middle of August, A.D. 25, he established his headquarters, and leaving his supplies in the custody of Tiglath, he ascended the lonely slopes of the mountain. Tiglath accompanied Jesus this first day up the mountain to a designated point about 6,000 feet above sea level, where they built a stone container in which Tiglath was to deposit food twice a week.

134:8.2 The first day, after he had left Tiglath, Jesus had ascended the mountain only a short way when he paused to pray. Among other things he asked his Father to send back the guardian seraphim to "be with Tiglath." He requested that he be permitted to go up to his last struggle with the realities of mortal existence alone. And his request was granted. He went into the great test with only his indwelling Adjuster to guide and sustain him.

134:8.3 Jesus ate frugally while on the mountain; he abstained from all food only a day or two at a time. The superhuman beings who confronted him on this mountain, and with whom he wrestled in spirit, and whom he defeated in power, were real; they were his archenemies in the system of Satania; they were not phantasms of the imagination evolved out of the intellectual vagaries of a weakened and starving mortal who could not distinguish reality from the visions of a disordered mind.

134:8.4 Jesus spent the last three weeks of August and the first three weeks of September on Mount Hermon. During these weeks he finished the mortal task of achieving the circles of mind-understanding and personality-control. Throughout this period of communion with his heavenly Father the indwelling Adjuster also completed the assigned services. The mortal goal of this earth creature was there attained. Only the final phase of mind and Adjuster attunement remained to be consummated.

134:8.5 After more than five weeks of unbroken communion with his Paradise Father, Jesus became absolutely assured of his nature and of the certainty of his triumph over the material levels of time-space personality manifestation. He fully believed in, and did not hesitate to assert, the ascendancy of his divine nature over his human nature.

134:8.6 Near the end of the mountain sojourn Jesus asked his Father if he might be permitted to hold conference with his Satania enemies as the Son of Man, as Joshua ben Joseph. This request was granted. During the last week on Mount Hermon the great temptation, the universe trial, occurred. Satan (representing Lucifer) and the rebellious Planetary Prince, Caligastia, were present with Jesus and were made fully visible to him. And this "temptation," this final trial of human loyalty in the face of the misrepresentations of rebel personalities, had not to do with food, temple pinnacles, or presumptuous acts. It had not to do with the kingdoms of this world but with the sovereignty of a mighty and glorious universe. The symbolism of your records was intended for the backward ages of the world's childlike thought. And subsequent generations should understand what a great struggle the Son of Man passed through that eventful day on Mount Hermon.

134:8.7 To the many proposals and counterproposals of the emissaries of Lucifer, Jesus only made reply: "May the will of my Paradise Father prevail, and you, my rebellious son, may the Ancients of Days judge you divinely. I am your Creator-father; I can hardly judge you justly, and my mercy you have already spurned. I commit you to the adjudication of the Judges of a greater universe."

134:8.8 To all the Lucifer-suggested compromises and makeshifts, to all such specious proposals about the incarnation bestowal, Jesus only made reply, "The will of my Father in Paradise be done." And when the trying ordeal was finished, the detached guardian seraphim returned to Jesus' side and ministered to him.

134:8.9 On an afternoon in late summer, amid the trees and in the silence of nature, Michael of Nebadon won the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe. On that day he completed the task set for Creator Sons to live to the full the incarnated life in the likeness of mortal flesh on the evolutionary worlds of time and space. The universe announcement of this momentous achievement was not made until the day of his baptism, months afterward, but it all really took place that day on the mountain. And when Jesus came down from his sojourn on Mount Hermon, the Lucifer rebellion in Satania and the Caligastia secession on Urantia were virtually settled. Jesus had paid the last price required of him to attain the sovereignty of his universe, which in itself regulates the status of all rebels and determines that all such future upheavals (if they ever occur) may be dealt with summarily and effectively. Accordingly, it may be seen that the so-called "great temptation" of Jesus took place sometime before his baptism and not just after that event.

134:8.10 At the end of this sojourn on the mountain, as Jesus was making his descent, he met Tiglath coming up to the rendezvous with food. Turning him back, he said only: "The period of rest is over; I must return to my Father's business." He was a silent and much changed man as they journeyed back to Dan, where he took leave of the lad, giving him the donkey. He then proceeded south by the same way he had come, to Capernaum.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.