The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

There hasn't been one historic or scientific fact stated in The Bible disproved, which speaks volumes about It's authenticity. The spiritual guidance in It can also be trusted.
Science doesn't really do proof but both of the conflicting Genesis accounts of creation are pretty much falsified these days imo. Which happily at least saves us having to decide which one if either was factually accurate.

Aimiel

Science doesn't really do proof but both of the conflicting Genesis accounts of creation are pretty much falsified these days imo. Which happily at least saves us having to decide which one if either was factually accurate.
Translation: "I don't believe in facts, but facts are facts, and I believe the fact that God has been completely proven to not exist, thank God."

JWStipple

Translation: "I don't believe in facts, but facts are facts, and I believe the fact that God has been completely proven to not exist, thank God."

Translation: "I don't have a whiff of proof for anything I believe, so I will make up whatever facts I have to in order to avoid facing the implications of my own ignorance."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Wow! you guys have been bizzy, I enjoyed my break from religious stuff....he he.

Thought Adjuster is appropriate as a term because when we surrender to Gods will then our thoughts change; "Thy will not mine be done"

The Bible was instructive and helpful up until some knucklehead said that God wrote it........and then we discovered that the Jews cooked the books and elevated their place…. just a tad. Now the entire Judaic-Christian world has a fictional understanding of history.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
AT THE POOL OF BETHESDA

"In speaking to those assembled, Jesus said: "Many of you are here, sick and afflicted, because of your many years of wrong living. Some suffer from the accidents of time, others as a result of the mistakes of their forebears, while some of you struggle under the handicaps of the imperfect conditions of your temporal existence. But my Father works, and I would work, to improve your earthly state but more especially to insure your eternal estate. None of us can do much to change the difficulties of life unless we discover the Father in heaven so wills. After all, we are all beholden to do the will of the Eternal. If you could all be healed of your physical afflictions, you would indeed marvel, but it is even greater that you should be cleansed of all spiritual disease and find yourselves healed of all moral infirmities. You are all God's children; you are the sons of the heavenly Father. The bonds of time may seem to afflict you, but the God of eternity loves you. And when the time of judgment shall come, fear not, you shall all find, not only justice, but an abundance of mercy. Verily, verily, I say to you: He who hears the gospel of the kingdom and believes in this teaching of sonship with God, has eternal life; already are such believers passing from judgment and death to light and life. And the hour is coming in which even those who are in the tombs shall hear the voice of the resurrection."

Caino

Aimiel

God gives us His (good: holy) desires and causes us to be conformed to The Image and Likeness of Christ, His Son; He doesn't adjust our thoughts, as a puppet-master might do. He speaks to us and shows us things to come.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. -- Psalm 32:8-9

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. -- John 16:13

Aimiel

AT THE POOL OF BETHESDA

"In speaking to those assembled, Jesus said: "Many of you are here, sick and afflicted, because of your many years of wrong living. Some suffer from the accidents of time, others as a result of the mistakes of their forebears, while some of you struggle under the handicaps of the imperfect conditions of your temporal existence. But my Father works, and I would work, to improve your earthly state but more especially to insure your eternal estate. None of us can do much to change the difficulties of life unless we discover the Father in heaven so wills. After all, we are all beholden to do the will of the Eternal. If you could all be healed of your physical afflictions, you would indeed marvel, but it is even greater that you should be cleansed of all spiritual disease and find yourselves healed of all moral infirmities. You are all God's children; you are the sons of the heavenly Father. The bonds of time may seem to afflict you, but the God of eternity loves you. And when the time of judgment shall come, fear not, you shall all find, not only justice, but an abundance of mercy. Verily, verily, I say to you: He who hears the gospel of the kingdom and believes in this teaching of sonship with God, has eternal life; already are such believers passing from judgment and death to light and life. And the hour is coming in which even those who are in the tombs shall hear the voice of the resurrection."
Plagiarism. Pure and simple.

JWStipple

Actually, The Bible proves Itself.

Well, no, it doesn't. Or...it proves itself the same way an Ian Fleming book proves the existence of James Bond...by referring to specific locations that actually exist.

If you don't believe it, it is no fault of God.

True. It's partially the fault of folks like you who make the Bible and God look so ludicrous that only a fool would believe it. And how could it be God's fault...if God doesn't exist to begin with?

JWStipple

Adam / Eve / serpents / gardens as literal existences are ludicrous...for starters. < 10,000 year-old Earth? Ludicrous. A world-wide flood that covered by mountain tops? Ludicrous. Humans with lifespans of 900 years? Ludicrous.

A book written by humans as the source of "absolute" truth? Ludicrous. God-inspired humans? Who said that? Other humans? The book itself? Ludicrous. The notion that you have it right and everyone else who doesn't agree has it wrong? Ludicrous.

Aimiel

No one holds a corner on Truth, except Christ, Himself; Who IS Truth.

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Even though you think of God's Word as ludicrous, and yourself as 'wise' for thinking such; it isn't wisdom to shun the fear of God. God has revealed Himself to you, and, even though you continue, to this day, to reject Him, He wants you to turn to Him for forgiveness, and eternal life. The Power of God is in His Gospel. Repent, and be saved.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. -- Romans 1:16-23

JWStipple

No one holds a corner on Truth, except Christ, Himself; Who IS Truth.

Okay...so your word is worthless. Glad you finally admit it.

Even though you think of God's Word as ludicrous...

Strawman. I think your interpretation...which includes all the stuff that I regard is ludicrous...is ludicrous. Try to at least keep the context right, eh?

...and yourself as 'wise' for thinking such...

I think it's wise to attempt to discern between the word of God and the fools who interpret it, then who regard their interpretation as absolute truth...don't you? I mean...you must think the same thing, since that's what you do yourself.

...it isn't wisdom to shun the fear of God.

I only shun the fear of Gods that aren't worthy of it. And Gods that are worthy of fear don't deserve it.

God has revealed Himself to you...

Lol...uh...where? The only thing that has revealed himself to me...is YOU. And you aren't God, at least last time I checked.

...and, even though you continue, to this day, to reject Him...

I don't reject God...I reject the ludicrous interpretations that humans like yourself provide.

One Truth

Hi OT,

Excellent quotes. 'God-consciousness' is a term including the 'consciousness of divinity' in general, all phases of divine Mind. In my understanding of 'Christ-consciousness' it is more to do with the awareness of Sonship, especially within the incarnate soul...in rapport with the indwelling divine spirit (or Adjuster). In 'Christ-consciousness' we are wholly One with Jesus in the aspect of 'shared sonship'.

As you know, there are other terms for 'Thought Adjuster'(TA),...'Mystery Monitor', ' Father-fragment, etc....and some of these names change per the development of the soul and its relationship to such. - hence the terms 'adjuster', 'controller'. As John touched on earlier,...the TA does not dominate, coerce or force itself on the mind of its host, but is there as a divine-spirit-presence within the soul, having its own subtle influence. - I even found the term 'TA' somewhat curious when I first heard it,...but its just part of the nomenclature and uniqueness of the Revelation. Heaven knows we sometimes need an 'attitude adjustment', therefore the mis-perception of the term earlier had by Aimiel is clarified with proper understanding.

pj

Thank you freelight. I highly respect your knowledge.

I, too, had difficulty at first with the term "Thought Adjuster" until I became familiar with the function of the indwelling fragment of the Father (even that sounds sterile until you realize that that "fragment" IS the Father). I have found many times that I actually KNOW when the spirit is "adjusting" my thoughts. When you resolve in yourself to allow the indwelling spirit to lead and guide you, and you spend time in communion with God, you begin to have that personal connection that can't be mistaken and you are transformed.

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind". This is task of the Thought Adjuster - renewing your mind.

110:4.2 The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.

OT

Aimiel

Strawman. I think your interpretation...which includes all the stuff that I regard (as) ludicrous...is ludicrous.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. -- 1 Corinthians 1:18
I think it's wise to attempt to discern between the word of God and the fools who interpret it, then who regard their interpretation as absolute truth...don't you? I mean...you must think the same thing, since that's what you do yourself.
Everyone has their own 'interpretation' since no one thinks the same thoughts as another. Language, it's estimated, captures often less than 50% of what we're thinking, and that being only our current stream of thought, it's shaky at best. God put into His Word things which could be understood by anyone approaching it as a child, simple words, concise and complete. If you misunderstand, He isn't to blame at all.
I only shun the fear of Gods that aren't worthy of it. And Gods that are worthy of fear don't deserve it.
Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

God calls you a fool. You need to listen to Him, and repent.[/QUOTE]Lol...uh...where? The only thing that has revealed himself to me...is YOU. And you aren't God, at least last time I checked. I don't reject God...I reject the ludicrous interpretations that humans like yourself provide.[/QUOTE]He is The One Who said that, not me; I just understand it and apply it where needed. He has manifested His Knowledge in you, and shown you Himself:

"...that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

You reject Him when you reject His Word. You make yourself a fool. God isn't mocked. You are: by God.

Aimiel

The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.
I'm capable. I believe that God allows us the choice, all the time, to obey Him or not. It is a daily struggle. He never does anything in us which we don't give Him permission to do.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

He will allow us to know when we're disobeying Him, in even the smallest detail, so that we can see what He does in transforming us into The Image of His Dear Son. He doesn't adjust our thoughts, we do, by bringing everything in our life to submission to His Word.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God gives us His (good: holy) desires and causes us to be conformed to The Image and Likeness of Christ, His Son; He doesn't adjust our thoughts, as a puppet-master might do. He speaks to us and shows us things to come.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. -- Psalm 32:8-9

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. -- John 16:13

Know your Bible Aimiel :aimiel:

<< Ezekiel 36:27 >>

New International Version (©1984)
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
New Living Translation (©2007)
And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I will put my Spirit in you. I will enable you to live by my laws, and you will obey my rules.

King James Bible
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].

American King James Version
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.

American Standard Version
And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep mine ordinances, and do them.

Bible in Basic English
And I will put my spirit in you, causing you to be guided by my rules, and you will keep my orders and do them.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And I will put my spirit in the midst of you: and I will cause you to walk in my commandments, and to keep my judgments, and do them.

Darby Bible Translation
And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and keep mine ordinances, and ye shall do them.

English Revised Version
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Webster's Bible Translation
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

World English Bible
I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my ordinances, and do them.

Young's Literal Translation
And My Spirit I give in your midst, And I have done this, so that in My statutes ye walk, And My judgments ye keep, and have done them.

caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
King James Bible

Ezekiel 36:27

"And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]."

"In the universes God the Father is, in potential, the overcontroller of matter, mind, and spirit. Only by means of his far-flung personality circuit does God deal directly with the personalities of his vast creation of will creatures, but he is contactable (outside of Paradise) only in the presences of his fragmented entities, the will of God abroad in the universes. This Paradise spirit that indwells the minds of the mortals of time and there fosters the evolution of the immortal soul of the surviving creature is of the nature and divinity of the Universal Father. But the minds of such evolutionary creatures originate in the local universes and must gain divine perfection by achieving those experiential transformations of spiritual attainment which are the inevitable result of a creature’s choosing to do the will of the Father in heaven."

Caino

Aimiel

But the minds of such evolutionary creatures originate in the local universes and must gain divine perfection by achieving those experiential transformations of spiritual attainment which are the inevitable result of a creature’s choosing to do the will of the Father in heaven."
Looks like your own UB has stated that 'thought-adjustment' isn't part of what God does. :duh:

horiturk

desert genii that make covenants involving gential mutilation are just one thing that i find ludicrous in the bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.