The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Truth

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When quoting the Bible most people make the mistake of taking things out of context, which in the case of 1Corinthians 2:14 you have done.

The whole context reads:
1 Corinthians 2:9-16  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Aimiel: read the above quote from the Bible carefully and fully. God reveals the deep things of the Spirit and of the Kingdom (Matthew 13:11) to those who have the Spirit. You say you are born again, so can you not see that even you can KNOW these things? They are not hidden from you. You have the Spirit of Truth so that you CAN see the Kingdom even now.

If you will notice this whole section of scripture is saying that the natural man cannot know the things of the spirit, BUT the spirit of man has the "mind of Christ" and CAN KNOW these things because the Spirit of God reveals them to him.

But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit:

The world needs more born again Christians, not men who experiment with false religions and demonic doctrines. First hand experience with demons whom you've presumed are angels is NOT from God, and never will be endorsed by Him. Yes, many Christians know 'about' God; and never come to know Him. The UB doesn't lead anyone to God, though, only to Satan, masquerading as God.

First, I would agree that there needs to be more born-again people (not necessarily Christians), but you are twisting my words. "First-hand religion" means having a personal, intimate relationship with God, with Jesus, not just one of second-hand knowledge from the Bible, The Urantia Book, or any other book, nor from someone else’s testimony. It is the religion of the spirit vs the religion of the mind. There is no presumption on my part of any experience or relationship with "demons". Now you are presuming too much nonsense. You are too obsessed with the "demonic" and seem to have little regard for any truth that the Spirit wishes you to receive from other than the Bible.

if you'd stop putting words in my mouth through presumption, we might be able to communicate better.

I am not sure where I have "put words into your mouth" but you have yet to answer my question as to siting any "demonic doctrines" found in The Urantia Book. Nor have you answered what it is that you see in The Urantia Book as leading people away from God? Give me examples? And I am not talking about "Christian doctrine". (it could be that you are unable to separate Truth from Christian doctrine, so I can see where it might be difficult for you to answer this question.

It corrupts every single Truth it quotes from Scripture or from Christian doctrines.

The Urantia Book quotes a lot of scripture and in my experience of reading both the Bible (44 years) and The Urantia Book (20 years), I have not found any quotes to be misleading, misquoted, corrupted or taken out of context.

I trust the Spirit of Truth to lead and guide me into all truth. I do not expect Him to lead me astray nor will He. I have also found that the Spirit speaks truth through many avenues, one being the Urantia Book.

Nothing is infallible but God Himself. This includes the Bible, The Urantia Book and all books, your beliefs, my beliefs and anyone elses. BUT, that which is Truth remains eternally so it CAN be known, CAN be found and CAN be accessed in many places, even in The Urantia Book.

If The Urantia Book were a "book from the pits of hell" as one person has said, I would not expect to find much truth in it, if any, because:

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 John 2:20-25 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

The Urantia Book nor I have denied that Jesus is the Christ. The Urantia Book and I have acknowledged that He is the Son.

If you continue being closed-minded, narrow-minded, denying the Truth, it will become more and more difficult for you to receive the Truth when it is presented to you. If you trust the indwelling spirit within you to lead you and guide you, then open your heart and mind to Him who is all Truth.

Caino:
Would you say then that all the creator sons are the same individual?

Absolutely not. Although, each Creator Son is the manifestation of the Universal Father in their own realms. I did not say they were the "same individual being."
2.1.8 In these ways and in many others, in ways unknown to you and utterly beyond finite comprehension, does the Paradise Father lovingly and willingly downstep and otherwise modify, dilute, and attenuate his infinity in order that he may be able to draw nearer the finite minds of his creature children. And so, through a series of personality distributions which are diminishingly absolute, the infinite Father is enabled to enjoy close contact with the diverse intelligences of the many realms of his far-flung universe.

This would include a Creator Son such as Michael.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
individiuality, and distinct personalities.......

individiuality, and distinct personalities.......

Although, each Creator Son is the manifestation of the Universal Father in their own realms. I did not say they were the "same individual being."
2.1.8 In these ways and in many others, in ways unknown to you and utterly beyond finite comprehension, does the Paradise Father lovingly and willingly downstep and otherwise modify, dilute, and attenuate his infinity in order that he may be able to draw nearer the finite minds of his creature children. And so, through a series of personality distributions which are diminishingly absolute, the infinite Father is enabled to enjoy close contact with the diverse intelligences of the many realms of his far-flung universe.

Each Creator Son is individually unique in personality, character and evolutionary endowments of experience thru their bestowals(incarnations). Of course being Creator Sons their inherent divine nature is pure, of divinest origin, the offspring of both the Universal Father and the Eternal Son (Original Godhead).

pj

Aimiel

First, I would agree that there needs to be more born-again people (not necessarily Christians), but you are twisting my words. "First-hand religion" means having a personal, intimate relationship with God, with Jesus, not just one of second-hand knowledge from the Bible, The Urantia Book, or any other book, nor from someone else’s testimony.
Knowledge gained from the UB has NEVER brought anyone to Jesus.
There is no presumption on my part of any experience or relationship with "demons".
If you're reading the UB and giving it any credence, there is, whether you realize it or not.
You are too obsessed with the "demonic" and seem to have little regard for any truth that the Spirit wishes you to receive from other than the Bible.
He doesn't want us to even think beyond what is written in The Bible, concerning our relationship with Him. His Truth is in there, and isn't authorized by Him from anywhere else.
I am not sure where I have "put words into your mouth" but you have yet to answer my question as to siting any "demonic doctrines" found in The Urantia Book.
I answered, you simply skimmed over it or ignored them altogether.
Nor have you answered what it is that you see in The Urantia Book as leading people away from God? Give me examples? And I am not talking about "Christian doctrine". (it could be that you are unable to separate Truth from Christian doctrine, so I can see where it might be difficult for you to answer this question.
It wasn't difficult at all, and sound Christian doctrine is Truth.
The Urantia Book quotes a lot of scripture and in my experience of reading both the Bible (44 years) and The Urantia Book (20 years), I have not found any quotes to be misleading, misquoted, corrupted or taken out of context.
That's not good. You need to study your Bible more.
I trust the Spirit of Truth to lead and guide me into all truth.
If He were, you'd see what the UB is: demonic doctrine.
I do not expect Him to lead me astray nor will He. I have also found that the Spirit speaks truth through many avenues, one being the Urantia Book.
The spirit that speaks through the UB isn't Holy.
Nothing is infallible but God Himself.
He had His Word written so that we wouldn't have to guess.
This includes the Bible, The Urantia Book and all books, your beliefs, my beliefs and anyone elses.
If you don't rely upon The Bible for sound doctrine, you're liable to swallow anything, and obviously you have.
If you continue being closed-minded, narrow-minded, denying the Truth, it will become more and more difficult for you to receive the Truth when it is presented to you.
The Bible contains Truth, not the UB.
If you trust the indwelling spirit within you to lead you and guide you, then open your heart and mind to Him who is all Truth.
I have. He dislikes the UB even more than I do. You have yet to meet Him.

One Truth

Knowledge gained from the UB has NEVER brought anyone to Jesus.

He doesn't want us to even think beyond what is written in The Bible, concerning our relationship with Him. His Truth is in there, and isn't authorized by Him from anywhere else.

He dislikes the UB even more than I do. You have yet to meet Him.

I know where you are coming from, Aimiel.

One day, you will have an "awakening" that will bring you out of your narrow, negative and presumptuous way of thinking, and you will become more receptive to the truths that are within your own spirit. Once that happens you will never go back to your old system of beliefs. Being bound by a narrow mind is truly fearful because most of what a narrow-minded person believes comes from fear. You do not see it now, and that is understandable, but you will and God has all the patience of eternity (I don't think it will take you that long).

Until then, I rest my "case." It is futile to continue relating truth to you at this point because you are extremely defensive and sarcastically answering every question with a negative and pre-conceived response that doesn't further the conversation.

At this point you believe you have "all" the truth and are content with believing there is nothing more that God has to reveal to you. When you come to the place that you say "there's got to be more", I believe then is when you will awaken and become free.

May you find the true Son of the Living God dwelling within and enter with humility into the Kingdom. He is awaiting you.

Aimiel

I know where you are coming from, Aimiel.
No, you only think you do, because you're under your false god.
One day, you will have an "awakening" that will bring you out of your narrow, negative and presumptuous way of thinking, and you will become more receptive to the truths that are within your own spirit.
No, one day you'll see The Truth, Who is A Spirit, and Whom lives within me already, and Whom I have already awakened to.
You do not see it now, and that is understandable, but you will and God has all the patience of eternity (I don't think it will take you that long).
I see that the 'light' that is in you is darkness, I see that VERY clearly.
Until then, I rest my "case."
In other words, you're giving up on Truth, since I don't buy your version of it. What you have isn't Truth.
It is futile to continue relating truth to you at this point because you are extremely defensive and sarcastically answering every question with a negative and pre-conceived response that doesn't further the conversation.
I don't pre-conceive anything. I'm a real person, living in The Kingdom. Wish you were here.
At this point you believe you have "all" the truth and are content with believing there is nothing more that God has to reveal to you.
Each and every day I learn more, and am not surprised by how little I know, but I am in awe of the things God makes use of from this broken vessel. He always has something new to teach me, every single day. Were I not growing in Him, I would be lukewarm and spewed out of His Mouth. I'm not only full of His Spirit, but always hungry for more of Him.
When you come to the place that you say "there's got to be more", I believe then is when you will awaken and become free.
Actually, it was when I gave up on 'religion-as-usual' that I met Him.
May you find the true Son of the Living God dwelling within and enter with humility into the Kingdom. He is awaiting you.
He doesn't dwell within anyone, unless they become born again.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Caino:

Quote:
Would you say then that all the creator sons are the same individual?

Absolutely not. Although, each Creator Son is the manifestation of the Universal Father in their own realms. I did not say they were the "same individual being."

We are on the same sheet of music, considering that we are finite and having a discussion at this finite level about the infinite and his manifestations. It is entirely appropriate to say that God the Father and Christ Michael are different individuals from the same divine reservoir. We are all just that.

‎"On any level of existence God cannot exceed the conceptual capacity of the beings who live on such a level." UB

I am not the Father although a fragment of the Father resides within me.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The atonement was an after thought; when converts from Judaism, to belief in Jesus, speculated as to the meaning of the death on the cross, sifting it through their former practice of ritualistic sacrifices, they then presumed that Jesus was the final sacrifice. Such a concept dovetailed nicely with their former evolved religion but overlooked and even compromised Jesus' gospel.

Caino

Last edited:

Aimiel

Overlooked Jesus' Gospel? ... do you mean like where He said:

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

... or maybe:

Mark 10:45
For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

One Truth

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

What exactly does this mean to you, Aimiel?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
at-one-ment with God.....is spiritual communion

at-one-ment with God.....is spiritual communion

The atonement was an after thought; when converts from Judaism, to belief in Jesus, speculated as to the meaning of the death on the cross, sifting it through their former practice of ritualistic sacrifices, they then presumed that Jesus was the final sacrifice. Such a concept dovetailed nicely with their former evolved religion but overlooked and even compromised Jesus' gospel.

Caino

Indeed, for the older concepts of 'blood-atonement' would naturally have a profound impression on the more primitive religious mind, carrying over into the NT, hence the interpreting and prefiguring of Jesus words and teachings along those already prescribed lines. However as noted, the gospel presentation of Jesus in the UB excludes such babaric and bloody appeasements to somehow satisfy the divine wrath or compensate for some deficiency in man, for the goodnews of the kingdom comes with full receptivity of mind and renewal of the human spirit, with God's Spirit...transcending such older religious beliefs, for the universal Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of all men.

The symbols of 'blood' and 'bread' carry spiritual meanings and imports that do not necessarily imply or necessitate 'vicarious atonement' or 'payment for sin' concepts. 'Blood' is the life-force, the living vitality of the soul, while embodied in matterial form,...thus it represents 'life' and 'spirit' in the higher spiritual sense. It all comes back to the substantial essense behind the forms which is the life-giving spirit, - the 'blood' and 'bread' can also refer to 'grapes' and 'grain', the natural 'fruit' of the earth, a matterial representation of life-nourishment of the Spirit. (as per some Essene schools). The fruit of the vine is shared as a communion-meal of LOVE between Jesus and his friends in the Kingdom. The true Eucharist is actually 'this', a spiritual communion, a full immersion in 'God'.

Atonement without blood

pj

Aimiel

What exactly does this mean to you, Aimiel?
It means that if you don't believe in Christ's atonement for your sins on the cross, and signify that belief by drinking the Cup of His Blood (wine or grape juice) and eat His Flesh (unleavened bread or a cracker substitute) corporately, together with other believers, observing and discerning His Blood and His Flesh, you have no part in His Kingdom, which is spiritual and eternal. You not only partake of cleansing from sins when you do so, but healing for your flesh, and renewing your commitment to Him. It signifies your faith in His redeeming Power, through His sacrifice of His Life in place of yours. It is a very somber and personal action, and should not be taken as a religious ceremony, but as a personal commitment to Christ, Who gave His Life for that cup and that bread. He is The Bread of Life. His Blood is Life Eternal. His sacrifice was the greatest example of love that there will ever be.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Indeed, for the older concepts of 'blood-atonement' would naturally have a profound impression on the more primitive religious mind, carrying over into the NT, hence the interpreting and prefiguring of Jesus words and teachings along those already prescribed lines. However as noted, the gospel presentation of Jesus in the UB excludes such babaric and bloody appeasements to somehow satisfy the divine wrath or compensate for some deficiency in man, for the goodnews of the kingdom comes with full receptivity of mind and renewal of the human spirit, with God's Spirit...transcending such older religious beliefs, for the universal Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of all men.

The symbols of 'blood' and 'bread' carry spiritual meanings and imports that do not necessarily imply or necessitate 'vicarious atonement' or 'payment for sin' concepts. 'Blood' is the life-force, the living vitality of the soul, while embodied in matterial form,...thus it represents 'life' and 'spirit' in the higher spiritual sense. It all comes back to the substantial essense behind the forms which is the life-giving spirit, - the 'blood' and 'bread' can also refer to 'grapes' and 'grain', the natural 'fruit' of the earth, a matterial representation of life-nourishment of the Spirit. (as per some Essene schools). The fruit of the vine is shared as a communion-meal of LOVE between Jesus and his friends in the Kingdom. The true Eucharist is actually 'this', a spiritual communion, a full immersion in 'God'.

Atonement without blood

pj

Hi Freelight, thanks.

Jesus was so divinely brilliant in establishing new ways of thinking that were so striking and true that old ways were forgotten. We want to remember that Jesus was celebrating the first "bloodless" Passover with the twelve on the occasion of the last supper. He employed symbolism but left it open ended that subsequent generations of believers might enjoy their own "meanings" as they celebrate the "remembrance supper".

UB:

"Take this cup, all of you, and drink of it. This shall be the cup of my remembrance. This is the cup of the blessing of a new dispensation of grace and truth. This shall be to you the emblem of the bestowal and ministry of the divine Spirit of Truth. And I will not again drink this cup with you until I drink in new form with you in the Father's eternal kingdom."

To me this represents the mission of mercy of the "son of man", that the inauguration of a new dispensation is the Fathers response to our hunger and thirst for truth and understanding. The gift of love. It is triumph over the evil doctrines of doubt initiated by Lucifer. The life of Jesus proved Lucifer to be wrong.

"Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life." When they had partaken of the bread of remembrance, the symbol of the living word of truth incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh, they all sat down.

I like the "bread of life" term, maybe because I love bread YUM YUM! I was born of the spirit about 25 years ago, that light is still on, it is the light of life.

"When you do these things, recall the life I have lived on earth among you and rejoice that I am to continue to live on earth with you and to serve through you. As individuals, contend not among yourselves as to who shall be greatest. Be you all as brethren. And when the kingdom grows to embrace large groups of believers, likewise should you refrain from contending for greatness or seeking preferment between such groups."

God was one of us, he is now and forever more both human and divine.

"And as often as you do this, do it in remembrance of me. And when you do remember me, first look back upon my life in the flesh, recall that I was once with you, and then, by faith, discern that you shall all sometime sup with me in the Father's eternal kingdom. This is the new Passover which I leave with you, even the memory of my bestowal life, the word of eternal truth; and of my love for you, the outpouring of my Spirit of Truth upon all flesh."

So much of the focus on Jesus in Christiandom is on this death, it was his life that we can gain so much strength and guidance from.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Remembrance.............

Remembrance.............

Hi Freelight, thanks.

Jesus was so divinely brilliant in establishing new ways of thinking that were so striking and true that old ways were forgotten. We want to remember that Jesus was celebrating the first "bloodless" Passover with the twelve on the occasion of the last supper. He employed symbolism but left it open ended that subsequent generations of believers might enjoy their own "meanings" as they celebrate the "remembrance supper".

UB:

"Take this cup, all of you, and drink of it. This shall be the cup of my remembrance. This is the cup of the blessing of a new dispensation of grace and truth. This shall be to you the emblem of the bestowal and ministry of the divine Spirit of Truth. And I will not again drink this cup with you until I drink in new form with you in the Father's eternal kingdom."

To me this represents the mission of mercy of the "son of man", that the inauguration of a new dispensation is the Fathers response to our hunger and thirst for truth and understanding. The gift of love. It is triumph over the evil doctrines of doubt initiated by Lucifer. The life of Jesus proved Lucifer to be wrong.

"Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life." When they had partaken of the bread of remembrance, the symbol of the living word of truth incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh, they all sat down.

I like the "bread of life" term, maybe because I love bread YUM YUM! I was born of the spirit about 25 years ago, that light is still on, it is the light of life.

"When you do these things, recall the life I have lived on earth among you and rejoice that I am to continue to live on earth with you and to serve through you. As individuals, contend not among yourselves as to who shall be greatest. Be you all as brethren. And when the kingdom grows to embrace large groups of believers, likewise should you refrain from contending for greatness or seeking preferment between such groups."

God was one of us, he is now and forever more both human and divine.

"And as often as you do this, do it in remembrance of me. And when you do remember me, first look back upon my life in the flesh, recall that I was once with you, and then, by faith, discern that you shall all sometime sup with me in the Father's eternal kingdom. This is the new Passover which I leave with you, even the memory of my bestowal life, the word of eternal truth; and of my love for you, the outpouring of my Spirit of Truth upon all flesh."

So much of the focus on Jesus in Christiandom is on this death, it was his life that we can gain so much strength and guidance from.

:)

I think the essential message and remembrance of Jesus and his true gospel message is key here, no matter the form or ritual of the Lords Supper or 'Eucharist' we practice, for the 'spiritual communion' and 'remembering' of the Lord Christ is most important, at the heart of it all. Therefore, the more ancient pagan aspects or metaphorical elements of a 'eucharistic' nature are fine to me, as long as we remember the fundamental purpose and reason of the 'sacrament' we engage in. My own experience of this 'sacrament' was most memorable when engaging fully and surrending to the divine mystery of the 'partaking', allowing the Spirit itself to communicate and translate the 'offering' to make it 'living'.

The KEY is 'Remembrance'....the psychic recall, and spiritual committment to Jesus and his Kingdom message. Even in the Didache...this sacrament is more a 'memorial covenant' of remembering Jesus, Son of David.....a 'love-feast' and 'communal event' of the present kingdom NOW...and the one to come.

Blessings in the Beloved,

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Hi Majeston,

Interesting perspective by the creator of this presentation, that Jesus used the prevailing pagan god-man-savior concepts before him, to his own advantage, making it more acceptable to the surrounding culture, yet introducing morally advanced teachings of love and forgiveness within the clothing of such mythology and allegory. I wonder how this might relate to the presentation of Jesus in the Urantia Papers, if you have any correlation or significance to share.

pj

Majeston

Hi Majeston,

Interesting perspective by the creator of this presentation, that Jesus used the prevailing pagan god-man-savior concepts before him, to his own advantage, making it more acceptable to the surrounding culture, yet introducing morally advanced teachings of love and forgiveness within the clothing of such mythology and allegory. I wonder how this might relate to the presentation of Jesus in the Urantia Papers, if you have any correlation or significance to share.

pj

Hi Freelight,

It's really a stunning presentation and premise isn't it? Bob Sarmast is the producer, he did the 2 expeditions to find Atlantis/Eden off the coast of Cyprus a few years back, but really didn't find anything, it was too deep and technologically premature. I think even the UB stated that all he would find anyway would be the "wall". Maybe 10 or 20 years from now with ground penetrating radar or something new, he might strike gold. I think he's in Boulder now. He made a nice discovery a few years back and he found the island called Cymboynton of the Urmia lectures, which is quite a story in itself; angelic help I possibly, it's on the Truthbook site here.....http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=965

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus other travels

Jesus other travels

Hi Freelight,

It's really a stunning presentation and premise isn't it? Bob Sarmast is the producer, he did the 2 expeditions to find Atlantis/Eden off the coast of Cyprus a few years back, but really didn't find anything, it was too deep and technologically premature. I think even the UB stated that all he would find anyway would be the "wall". Maybe 10 or 20 years from now with ground penetrating radar or something new, he might strike gold. I think he's in Boulder now. He made a nice discovery a few years back and he found the island called Cymboynton of the Urmia lectures, which is quite a story in itself; angelic help I possibly, it's on the Truthbook site here.....http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=965

:) - yes,...I noted hes done a few articles on the UB in the past, but not too familiar with all that he found in his quest for Atlantis. I know he has a book, and would love for us to find Atlantis! I dont recall any details the UB gives on Atlantis per se.

I'm interested if anyone has done a study on the places Jesus visited/travelled to as recorded in the UB, that are not mentioned in the NT. I was going to make a comparitive. I tend to hold Jesus visited places even beyond what the UB claims, - such may be a romantic tendency towards mythology, - we explore this more in our 'Jesus in India' thread as there are various supports for his 'other travels'.

pj

Majeston

:) - yes,...I noted hes done a few articles on the UB in the past, but not too familiar with all that he found in his quest for Atlantis. I know he has a book, and would love for us to find Atlantis! I dont recall any details the UB gives on Atlantis per se.

I'm interested if anyone has done a study on the places Jesus visited/travelled to as recorded in the UB, that are not mentioned in the NT. I was going to make a comparitive. I tend to hold Jesus visited places even beyond what the UB claims, - such may be a romantic tendency towards mythology, - we explore this more in our 'Jesus in India' thread as there are various supports for his 'other travels'.

pj

this place won't let me do any searches or post links etc so thanks for the India link, i'll look around. i actually found this group doing a google search for urantia and nobel prize.
yes, some people have followed his travels, Sarmast also did another trip....do a search on truthbook and it will pop up with pictures. other searches on the fellowship as well will help, several people have followed his different paths. Bud Kagan also did one. I've been hanging out at history dot com for the past month or two in the history of christianity folder and getting beat up quite a bit from all the fundamentalists. it's tough in the trenches, the JW's are the worst, now i know how Jesus felt. :chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
voices of the Christ.......

voices of the Christ.......

this place won't let me do any searches or post links etc so thanks for the India link, i'll look around. i actually found this group doing a google search for urantia and nobel prize.
yes, some people have followed his travels, Sarmast also did another trip....do a search on truthbook and it will pop up with pictures. other searches on the fellowship as well will help, several people have followed his different paths. Bud Kagan also did one. I've been hanging out at history dot com for the past month or two in the history of christianity folder and getting beat up quite a bit from all the fundamentalists. it's tough in the trenches, the JW's are the worst, now i know how Jesus felt. :chuckle:

The Jesus in India thread has many resources on the places Jesus is supposed to have visited, - interestingly a few sources drawing from the Akashic records agree he travelled in the east (Edgar Cayce, Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ, etc.). The UB does not share of his visits to India however, but just wondered what places it does share that are not recorded in the synoptic gospels. While I respect the UB's wealth of info.,....I take an all-inclusive approach at researching the teaching of Jesus, noting all records. - not to mention there are more modern 'spirit-communications' assumed to be 'Jesus' speaking himself, whose messages one can judge for themselves as to their spiritual value and integrity.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Strange as it may seem, Paul’s conversion and really brilliant insights into "heavenly things", it was really Abner who made the valiant attempt to preserve the gospel of the kingdom of heaven at Antioch. The gospel began to change immediately after Jesus ascension into heaven and the subsequent outpouring of "the spirit of truth". In Peter’s impulsive enthusiasm, a new understanding began to assert itself which lead to Paul’s formation of the atonement doctrine.

"It was the apparent misfortune of Abner to be at variance with all of the leaders of the early Christian church. He fell out with Peter and James (Jesus' brother) over questions of administration and the jurisdiction of the Jerusalem church; he parted company with Paul over differences of philosophy and theology. Abner was more Babylonian than Hellenic in his philosophy, and he stubbornly resisted all attempts of Paul to remake the teachings of Jesus so as to present less that was objectionable, first to the Jews, then to the Greco-Roman believers in the mysteries.

"Thus was Abner compelled to live a life of isolation. He was head of a church which was without standing at Jerusalem. He had dared to defy James the Lord's brother, who was subsequently supported by Peter. Such conduct effectively separated him from all his former associates. Then he dared to withstand Paul. Although he was wholly sympathetic with Paul in his mission to the gentiles, and though he supported him in his contentions with the church at Jerusalem, he bitterly opposed the version of Jesus' teachings which Paul elected to preach. In his last years Abner denounced Paul as the "clever corrupter of the life teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of the living God." UB

Strange as it may seem, when we considerPaul’s conversion and really brilliant insights into "heavenly things", it was really Abner who made the valiant attempt to preserve the gospel of the kingdom of heaven at Antioch. The gospel began to change immediately after Jesus ascension into heaven and the subsequent outpouring of "the spirit of truth". In Peter’s impulsive enthusiasm, a new understanding began to assert itself which lead to Paul’s formation of the atonement doctrine.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.