The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Bush

:nono: "Supper of remembrance", my foot. It was a Passover Seder. Jesus was a Jew, and He also attended the feasts, including the Feast of Tabernacles mentioned as the great feast He went to in secret, following behind the disciples who also went.

All this demonically inspired writer has done is try to blend science fiction, eastern philosophy, the bible, and their own bizarre ideas on things. I am AMAZED that any rational person could swallow this hook, line and sinker if they have read the bible AT ALL.

The depths and hidden things of the Word are MORE THAN ENOUGH for anyone who is truly seeking to know Him and His ways. WAKE UP!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Do this in rembrance of Me

Do this in rembrance of Me

:nono: "Supper of remembrance", my foot.

One view is the original Eucharist was more of a thanksgiving memorial supper, a ritual of 'remembrance'. The key emphasis is remembering the personhood, life, ministry, example and teaching of Jesus, in light of the kingdom of heaven, and doing the will of the Father. Jesus comes to bring us the bread and wine of spiritual truth, his living word.

It was a Passover Seder. Jesus was a Jew, and He also attended the feasts, including the Feast of Tabernacles mentioned as the great feast He went to in secret, following behind the disciples who also went.

It would be a matter of research to determine just how they celebrated the Passover, if true to Jewish custom or slightly tailored with the Master's new revelation and interpretation related to what elements were taken. Naturally if Jesus was ushering in a new dispensation of truth to mankind, the good news of the Kingdom, it may come with new emphasis, innovation and translation of older customs, investing new meanings and values.

All this demonically inspired writer has done is try to blend science fiction, eastern philosophy, the bible, and their own bizarre ideas on things. I am AMAZED that any rational person could swallow this hook, line and sinker if they have read the bible AT ALL.

Not having read the UB with an open mind or free of bias and preconceptions, you're not qualified to make such a judgment. Intelligence speaks for itself, in whatever context and framework, but one must first know/understand that context & framework. The Supper of Remembrance stands, and what is signifies and means still holds (however free from barbaric concepts of vicarious blood-atonement and other primitive sacrificial concepts which may have been woven into the symbolism).

See: Atonement without blood

The depths and hidden things of the Word are MORE THAN ENOUGH for anyone who is truly seeking to know Him and His ways. WAKE UP!

Yes, the logos of God is more than enough, yet that logos is not limited to only what men have 'canonized' as the 'Bible', for revelation is progressive and the Ocean of God's Spirit branches out in many streams. Truth is universal.

The Eucharist is an awesome subject, researching its historical development and hidden meanings, symbolic and literal. What is key is the symbolism and its spiritual translation, especially in the hearts and minds of those partaking of the elements relating to the kingdom of heaven and the spiritual communion each soul has with its spiritual Father.

Lets remember whats essential.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi Freelight,

Melchizedek had already attempted to substitute "bread and wine" as a substitute for blood sacrifices but after he left the tribes reverted back to the old ways of animal and human sacrifice. After Melchizedek made the covenant with Abraham he sanctified the agreement with the ceremonial bread and wine. That’s in the Bible fragments as well as the UB

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

“And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.”

Considering that Jesus was rejected by the Jews but adopted by the Pagans we can see how previously established customs within the Mystery religions found a home in the evolution of Paul’s Christian religion about Jesus.

The original “bread and wine” of Melchizedek and Jesus became the “blood and flesh” of Pagan familiarity.

"An inscription to Mithras reads: "He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he will be made on with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation." 1 In John 6:53-54, Jesus is said to have repeated this theme: "...Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (KJV)​

Caino

Burning Bush

One view is the original Eucharist was more of a thanksgiving memorial supper, a ritual of 'remembrance'. The key emphasis is remembering the personhood, life, ministry, example and teaching of Jesus, in light of the kingdom of heaven, and doing the will of the Father. Jesus comes to bring us the bread and wine of spiritual truth, his living word.

It would be a matter of research to determine just how they celebrated the Passover, if true to Jewish custom or slightly tailored with the Master's new revelation and interpretation related to what elements were taken. Naturally if Jesus was ushering in a new dispensation of truth to mankind, the good news of the Kingdom, it may come with new emphasis, innovation and translation of older customs, investing new meanings and values.

Not having read the UB with an open mind or free of bias and preconceptions, you're not qualified to make such a judgment. Intelligence speaks for itself, in whatever context and framework, but one must first know/understand that context & framework. The Supper of Remembrance stands, and what is signifies and means still holds (however free from barbaric concepts of vicarious blood-atonement and other primitive sacrificial concepts which may have been woven into the symbolism).

There's where you're wrong. The Spirit qualifies me. Neither do I need to walk out in front of a truck to know it's going to hurt me.

I want to make something plain so that hopefully both of you can see the difference. I am NOT against gleaning in other fields, not one bit, because I know when He poured Himself into His creation He fragmented Himself, and because we were told we could eat of ALL the trees of the garden BUT the one (carnal minds of men).

BUT; HE has to tell you to go there to glean, or you've been led there by your own lusts, and therefore for YOU, it's sin. And the ONLY REASON, He tells anyone to glean is NOT TO STAY IN EGYPT, but to plunder the hidden riches of wisdom, being held in UN-righteousness, distilling them out of the darkness they are being held in, THROUGH THE MIND OF CHRIST, like the new wine of the kingdom.

In effect, taking those riches and translating them out of that kingdom of darkness (ignorance of Christ), and into the kingdom of light (understanding that ONLY comes through His Spirit).

When you have the pattern, you can look at ANYTHING under heaven, and see the truth that has been corrupted and where it fits into the pattern. Without the pattern and the mind of Christ translating it, it's still corrupted and does not profit you.

And He sends you into these kingdoms of darkness, so you can speak their "language" to carry others out that have been brought into bondage, not so you can stay and become one of their ambassadors. Daniel had all the knowledge of the Chaldeans, Moses had all the knowledge of the Egyptians.

And it's not hard to see which is which, when you've stayed in Egypt too long and with the wrong motive of the heart.

Romans 1:18 KJV
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women (SOULS) laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was .

Psalm 104:24 KJV
O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

2 Samuel 22:12 KJV
And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.

Isaiah 45:3 KJV
And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

See: Atonement without blood

Yes, the logos of God is more than enough, yet that logos is not limited to only what men have 'canonized' as the 'Bible', for revelation is progressive and the Ocean of God's Spirit branches out in many streams. Truth is universal.

The Eucharist is an awesome subject, researching its historical development and hidden meanings, symbolic and literal. What is key is the symbolism and its spiritual translation, especially in the hearts and minds of those partaking of the elements relating to the kingdom of heaven and the spiritual communion each soul has with its spiritual Father.

Lets remember whats essential.

pj

Last edited:

Aimiel

They weren't referring to their own writings as "scripture.".....but the RCC eventually made their writings scripture.
You're mistaken. The Lord decided what is and isn't Scripture, and informed the men who put The New Testament together.

Aimiel

No, Jesus said something different. That's a Pagan rewrite, the Pagan's were already doing that and already has a sacrificed savoir who ascended into heaven.

This is what Jesus really said: (spurious Urantia Papers quote).
No, it isn't. :nono:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You're mistaken. The Lord decided what is and isn't Scripture, and informed the men who put The New Testament together.

That's a different idolatrous religion, similar to Islam, they also believe their book was written and arranged by God.

....And which Bible did God write? The Catholic Bible? Each of the 7 orthodox churches has a different variation, different books +/-

Caino

Aimiel

There are some which have added spurious texts to their beliefs as well: Jehovah's Witness, Mormon and Islam to name just a few. Urantia isn't as widespread but is just as deadly and full of lies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There are some which have added spurious texts to their beliefs as well: Jehovah's Witness, Mormon and Islam to name just a few. Urantia isn't as widespread but is just as deadly and full of lies.

You should spend some time and educate yourself about the different Bibles used in the different churches at different times; you wouldn’t then have to embarrass yourself by dodging the question.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The subject

The subject

There's where you're wrong. The Spirit qualifies me. Neither do I need to walk out in front of a truck to know it's going to hurt me.

I want to make something plain so that hopefully both of you can see the difference. I am NOT against gleaning in other fields, not one bit, because I know when He poured Himself into His creation He fragmented Himself, and because we were told we could eat of ALL the trees of the garden BUT the one (carnal minds of men).

BUT; HE has to tell you to go there to glean, or you've been led there by your own lusts, and therefore for YOU, it's sin. And the ONLY REASON, He tells anyone to glean is NOT TO STAY IN EGYPT, but to plunder the hidden riches of wisdom, being held in UN-righteousness, distilling them out of the darkness they are being held in, THROUGH THE MIND OF CHRIST, like the new wine of the kingdom.

In effect, taking those riches and translating them out of that kingdom of darkness (ignorance of Christ), and into the kingdom of light (understanding that ONLY comes through His Spirit).

When you have the pattern, you can look at ANYTHING under heaven, and see the truth that has been corrupted and where it fits into the pattern. Without the pattern and the mind of Christ translating it, it's still corrupted and does not profit you.

And He sends you into these kingdoms of darkness, so you can speak their "language" to carry others out that have been brought into bondage, not so you can stay and become one of their ambassadors. Daniel had all the knowledge of the Chaldeans, Moses had all the knowledge of the Egyptians.

And it's not hard to see which is which, when you've stayed in Egypt too long and with the wrong motive of the heart.

Romans 1:18 KJV
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women (SOULS) laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was .

Psalm 104:24 KJV
O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

2 Samuel 22:12 KJV
And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.

Isaiah 45:3 KJV
And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

As I shared with you previously and specifically, giving you the resources to study, this thread is about the Urantia Papers, - questions, comments, explorations of its theology/cosmology, etc, - especially how it correlates or differs from traditional/orthodox Christianity in certain respects, being a newer revelation given to man from a group of celestials in the early 20th century (it was published in the 50's but the information was received some years before successively). I recommended Meredith J. Sprungers articles for conservative christians which are very informative Here.

My previous dialogues here hold for those interested, and one can also learn alot from the dialogues past. The UB may not be for everyone, but if its going to be discussed, then some knowledge of its content and theology is essential for a fruitful discussion. Otherwise your just 'hijacking' the thread which is against forum rules.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hi Freelight,

Melchizedek had already attempted to substitute "bread and wine" as a substitute for blood sacrifices but after he left the tribes reverted back to the old ways of animal and human sacrifice. After Melchizedek made the covenant with Abraham he sanctified the agreement with the ceremonial bread and wine. That’s in the Bible fragments as well as the UB

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

“And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.”

Considering that Jesus was rejected by the Jews but adopted by the Pagans we can see how previously established customs within the Mystery religions found a home in the evolution of Paul’s Christian religion about Jesus.

The original “bread and wine” of Melchizedek and Jesus became the “blood and flesh” of Pagan familiarity.

"An inscription to Mithras reads: "He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he will be made on with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation." 1 In John 6:53-54, Jesus is said to have repeated this theme: "...Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (KJV)​

Yes,......we see the memorial partaking of bread and wine from early on, later invested with different meanings and applications. The reception of bread and wine symbolically connotes respect and mutual reception of covenantal significance, and in Jesus case if the Last Supper is a true account, such partaking was 'symbolic' and necessarily so per its spiritual application and meaning. What bonds the believer to Jesus and God is the Holy Spirit, faith and love-communion. The Eucharist is all about thanksgiving, remembrance and communion in the Kingdom.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universal Spirit

Universal Spirit

....And which Bible did God write? The Catholic Bible? Each of the 7 orthodox churches has a different variation, different books +/-

Caino

Hi Caino,...not so sure about 7 orthodox churches having 'different books', although there was variation among early assemblies as far as what books were accepted into the canon, for instance the Ethiopian canon accepted the Book of Enoch and others. Just like the Catholic Bible includes the Apocrypha. But this is a study in the canonization process, another chapter in itself.

Some seem to think the Bible popped into existence from God's mouth out of nowhere, - the fact is books were created, fashioned, organized and chosen to be used by the religious community or cult-ure, however inspired or imperfect those writings were.

Granted, the UB does openly claim the books of the Bible are not free from the tampering of men, but even liberal christians admit that much. Truth being universal is to be received wherever it is found, thru intelligent research. The UB offers this among other newer volumes of information. (those who follow me know I'm very eclectic including many works in my spiritual library). Those following know that my sentiments of the UB come from gleaning from certain portions of its philosophy and particularly its wonderful cosmology, concerning the mortal soul's evolutionary path and spiritual potential. My fields of exploration however go way beyond the UB. - whats in it however could maintain a life-time of meditation.

Injoy!

pj

Aimiel

You should spend some time and educate yourself about the different Bibles used in the different churches at different times; you wouldn’t then have to embarrass yourself by dodging the question.
I don't have to look for error in that which is created by men inventing religions and creating clubs to try to convince Jesus' sheep that good is evil and evil is good to know that they're worth lies only in that which is true. The level of Truth in the Urantia Papers is enough to tell anyone with any sense that the devil who dictated them is a liar. An embarrassment is to those who know to do good who get caught doing evil a blotch and a mark, but to those who get caught doing good (such as believing in God's Holy Word) doing such is a point of humility. If you see anything good in me: it is God doing the good; for I no longer live, but Christ lives within me. Dodging the question seems to be your forte. We're discussing the Urantia Revelation and there is Authority in God's Word which precludes those papers but you'd rather make light of His Word and put The Bible on trial rather than attempt to defend the validity of a phony religion that men are trying to force upon others in ignorance by obeying demonic doctrine.

Aimiel

What bonds the believer to Jesus and God is the Holy Spirit, faith and love-communion. The Eucharist is all about thanksgiving, remembrance and communion in the Kingdom.
But the fact is: there is NO ENTRANCE into That Kingdom without partaking of His Blood and His Body. You're a stranger, a thief and a robber otherwise. The ONLY entrance into Heaven is through The Door of The Sheep: Jesus. Without Him having paid for your sins you still owe your life and after your death will come judgment. All those who are outside Christ will be sent to hell.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi Caino,...not so sure about 7 orthodox churches having 'different books', although there was variation among early assemblies as far as what books were accepted into the canon, for instance the Ethiopian canon accepted the Book of Enoch and others. Just like the Catholic Bible includes the Apocrypha. But this is a study in the canonization process, another chapter in itself.

That is what I was referring to. At any given time throughout the evolution of the Christian religion various churches held to different conical collections. In fact in the first 50 years of the church their was NO New Testament. Then books began to be written at the request of the Church in Rome. Some books that were originally considered "inspired" were uninspired by the First Council of Trent. Over the years other books and letters spuriously attributed to Paul were accepted. The Book of Revelation was NOT part of the early cannon of the RCC for 400 years. Today the authorship of some of Paul’s letters are disputed.

"Revelation was accepted into the canon at the Council of Carthage of 397 AD,[26] according to McDonald & Sanders it was added at the later 419 council.[27] Revelation's place in the canon was not guaranteed, however, with doubts raised as far back as the 2nd century about its character, symbolism, and apostolic authorship.[28]

2nd century Christians in Syria rejected it because Montanism, a sect which was deemed to be heretical by the mainstream church, relied heavily on it.[29] In the 4th century, Gregory of Nazianzus and other bishops argued against including Revelation because of the difficulties of interpreting it and the risk of abuse. In the 16th century, Martin Luther initially considered it to be "neither apostolic nor prophetic" and stated that "Christ is neither taught nor known in it,"[30] and placed it in his Antilegomena, i.e. his list of questionable documents,"though he did retract this view in later life. Wiki​

As you pointed out there are still differences today in the cannons of the Ethiopians, Catholics, Protestants and Jews.

In terms of translations all sorts of distortion occurred.

Caino

Aimiel

You seem to be straying from the topic of the thread which is the validity of the Urantia Papers which were channeled by a demon. :duh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paul's gospel

Paul's gospel

Today the authorship of some of Paul’s letters are disputed.

Yes, some of my research on Paul is here (see all links). Almost half of the works ascribed to him are disputed or 'pseudographical' but consensus is pretty universal of at least 7 of 13 being authentic (no one knows who wrote Hebrews). Of course the UB emphasizes the social gospel of Jesus centering on the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of Man, the spiritual living of the kingdom, being the religion of Jesus .....while Paul focused more on a religion about Jesus, thru his synthesis of greek, gnostic, mystery religion elements fused with his own personal revelations, being 'his' gospel. He gets kudos for at least owning his own theology ;)

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You seem to be straying from the topic of the thread which is the validity of the Urantia Papers which were channeled by a demon. :duh:

Ok, let us know when you have read the book that you disagree with so we can have a real discussion.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.