The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Bush

A miracle has indeed been done in the revelation of the Urantia papers.

It appears that you have not read the book, how can you have an opinion about a book that you have not read?

Caino

Easy. I recognize the author. This is not my first rodeo with this type of material, or this spirit, and it's a particularly nasty one to be rid of. Don't think so, just try to turn away from it. You'll know it's there, guaranteed.

And I don't have to read the Satanic bible to know what's in it, for the same reason.

If I sound harsh, it's not because I don't care, it's because I do. I want to shake you out of the slumber of the pit it has you bound in.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Easy. I recognize the author. This is not my first rodeo with this type of material, or this spirit, and it's a particularly nasty one to be rid of. Don't think so, just try to turn away from it. You'll know it's there, guaranteed.

And I don't have to read the Satanic bible to know what's in it, for the same reason.

If I sound harsh, it's not because I don't care, it's because I do. I want to shake you out of the slumber of the pit it has you bound in.

Many "prejudged" Jesus and accused him of the same thing. Out of your own heart, using the same narrow minded intolerance as the Jews, you demonstrate that had you been a Jew, just as dedicated to one of the many scripture based doctrines, then >you< would have also rejected Jesus.

It's not so much that you sound harsh, you sound like a fool, critiquing a 2,000 page book that you have not read.

If you had actually read this latest revelation then you would have learned that Satan was Lucifer's assistant. That Lucifer lead, not only our world into rebellion against the Fathers rule, but 38 other inhabited worlds co-created by Christ Michael.

The core of Lucifer's rebellion was his own doubt that the Father actually exists at all. Lucifer became an atheist. Although Lucifer is gone his ideas live on in the doctrines of doubt, of Atheism.

It is not possible to promote the doctrines of doubt and Living Faith in God at the same time, Satan cannot cast out Satan.

Caino

Aimiel

Your theology is advocating the idea of Satan as a God of this world; the dualism of the Persian doctrines.

I think men's hearts can be wicked, but rather then take personal responsibility for their behavior, as taught by Jesus, they blame a Satan figure that doesn't exist.
Paul spoke of Satan as the god of this world...

II Corinthians 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

He wasn't speaking of someone who didn't exist. If Satan didn't exist, Jesus never would have spoken to him directly when casting out demons. Denial of the existence of demons merely puts you under their control. They can only operate in darkness. When they are exposed, they're powerless.

Aimiel

Jesus defeated Satan, why would he still be in power?
Because his only entrance into this world and the hiding place of his power in the earth is men's mouths. When you loan your members to the enemy, you give him power. Were you in agreement with God you'd speak the truth in love and no power of the enemy could defeat that.

Aimiel

The core of Lucifer's rebellion was his own doubt that the Father actually exists at all. Lucifer became an atheist. Although Lucifer is gone his ideas live on in the doctrines of doubt, of Atheism.
As usual: you take the words of a demon-possessed person over The Word of God.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The devil knows God exists, knows he judged already, knows he is bound for hell and wants to pull as many as possible into hell with him.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Paul spoke of Satan as the god of this world...

II Corinthians 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

He wasn't speaking of someone who didn't exist. If Satan didn't exist, Jesus never would have spoken to him directly when casting out demons. Denial of the existence of demons merely puts you under their control. They can only operate in darkness. When they are exposed, they're powerless.

I am a follower of Jesus, not Paul. Paul was (unintentionally) a corrupter of the gospel; he brought his own old Pagan ideas into his Christian religion about Jesus. Paul could have been saying that the confusion and rebellion caused by Lucifer, Satan and the Prince of this world long ago has left such destruction that those ideas effectively seem to “rule” mankind, but Jesus proved otherwise.

There is only ONE God; there never was TWO Gods of this world.

Satan, a fallen celestial administrator, never had the power that you give him credit for. By giving the evil ones the power that you delegate to them in your faith, you are legitimizing their lie.

The rebels were finally defeated and dispatched just prior to Jesus submission to baptism. Only their legacy of Atheism and rebellion against the Father remains.

THE SOJOURN ON MOUNT HERMON​

134:8.1 After spending some time in the vicinity of Caesarea Philippi, Jesus made ready his supplies, and securing a beast of burden and a lad named Tiglath, he proceeded along the Damascus road to a village sometime known as Beit Jenn in the foothills of Mount Hermon. Here, near the middle of August, A.D. 25, he established his headquarters, and leaving his supplies in the custody of Tiglath, he ascended the lonely slopes of the mountain. Tiglath accompanied Jesus this first day up the mountain to a designated point about 6,000 feet above sea level, where they built a stone container in which Tiglath was to deposit food twice a week. *

ACFB4.jpg
Bez Sarmast Mt Hermon

134:8.2 The first day, after he had left Tiglath, Jesus had ascended the mountain only a short way when he paused to pray. Among other things he asked his Father to send back the guardian seraphim to “be with Tiglath.” He requested that he be permitted to go up to his last struggle with the realities of mortal existence alone. And his request was granted. He went into the great test with only his indwelling Adjuster to guide and sustain him.

134:8.3 Jesus ate frugally while on the mountain; he abstained from all food only a day or two at a time. The superhuman beings who confronted him on this mountain, and with whom he wrestled in spirit, and whom he defeated in power, were real; they were his archenemies in the system of Satania; they were not phantasms of the imagination evolved out of the intellectual vagaries of a weakened and starving mortal who could not distinguish reality from the visions of a disordered mind.

134:8.4 Jesus spent the last three weeks of August and the first three weeks of September on Mount Hermon. During these weeks he finished the mortal task of achieving the circles of mind-understanding and personality-control. Throughout this period of communion with his heavenly Father the indwelling Adjuster also completed the assigned services. The mortal goal of this earth creature was there attained. Only the final phase of mind and Adjuster attunement remained to be consummated.

134:8.5 After more than five weeks of unbroken communion with his Paradise Father, Jesus became absolutely assured of his nature and of the certainty of his triumph over the material levels of time-space personality manifestation. He fully believed in, and did not hesitate to assert, the ascendancy of his divine nature over his human nature.

134:8.6 Near the end of the mountain sojourn Jesus asked his Father if he might be permitted to hold conference with his Satania enemies as the Son of Man, as Joshua ben Joseph. This request was granted. During the last week on Mount Hermon the great temptation, the universe trial, occurred. Satan (representing Lucifer) and the rebellious Planetary Prince, Caligastia, were present with Jesus and were made fully visible to him. And this “temptation,” this final trial of human loyalty in the face of the misrepresentations of rebel personalities, had not to do with food, temple pinnacles, or presumptuous acts. It had not to do with the kingdoms of this world but with the sovereignty of a mighty and glorious universe. The symbolism of your records was intended for the backward ages of the world’s childlike thought. And subsequent generations should understand what a great struggle the Son of Man passed through that eventful day on Mount Hermon.

134:8.7 To the many proposals and counterproposals of the emissaries of Lucifer, Jesus only made reply: “May the will of my Paradise Father prevail, and you, my rebellious son, may the Ancients of Days judge you divinely. I am your Creator-father; I can hardly judge you justly, and my mercy you have already spurned. I commit you to the adjudication of the Judges of a greater universe.”

134:8.8 To all the Lucifer-suggested compromises and makeshifts, to all such specious proposals about the incarnation bestowal, Jesus only made reply, “The will of my Father in Paradise be done.” And when the trying ordeal was finished, the detached guardian seraphim returned to Jesus’ side and ministered to him.

134:8.9 On an afternoon in late summer, amid the trees and in the silence of nature, Michael of Nebadon won the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe. On that day he completed the task set for Creator Sons to live to the full the incarnated life in the likeness of mortal flesh on the evolutionary worlds of time and space. The universe announcement of this momentous achievement was not made until the day of his baptism, months afterward, but it all really took place that day on the mountain. And when Jesus came down from his sojourn on Mount Hermon, the Lucifer rebellion in Satania and the Caligastia secession on Urantia were virtually settled. Jesus had paid the last price required of him to attain the sovereignty of his universe, which in itself regulates the status of all rebels and determines that all such future upheavals (if they ever occur) may be dealt with summarily and effectively. Accordingly, it may be seen that the so-called “great temptation” of Jesus took place sometime before his baptism and not just after that event. *

134:8.10 At the end of this sojourn on the mountain, as Jesus was making his descent, he met Tiglath coming up to the rendezvous with food. Turning him back, he said only: “The period of rest is over; I must return to my Father’s business.” He was a silent and much changed man as they journeyed back to Dan, where he took leave of the lad, giving him the donkey. He then proceeded south by the same way he had come, to Capernaum.

Colter

Burning Bush

Many "prejudged" Jesus and accused him of the same thing. Out of your own heart, using the same narrow minded intolerance as the Jews, you demonstrate that had you been a Jew, just as dedicated to one of the many scripture based doctrines, then >you< would have also rejected Jesus.

It's not so much that you sound harsh, you sound like a fool, critiquing a 2,000 page book that you have not read.

If you had actually read this latest revelation then you would have learned that Satan was Lucifer's assistant. That Lucifer lead, not only our world into rebellion against the Fathers rule, but 38 other inhabited worlds co-created by Christ Michael.

It is not possible to promote the doctrines of doubt and Living Faith in God at the same time, Satan cannot cast out Satan.

Caino

This thing really has a strong hold on you, doesn't it? I will add you to my prayer list. And as a matter of fact, I AM of Jewish bloodline.

That being said, thank you for posting these segments from this "revelation", for two reasons. One, it confirms what I said, and two, it gives me more of an idea of what I'm up against in prayer.

First lie: Satan was NOT Lucifer's assistant. The only truth in that is that they are not (as most of the church has been deluded into thinking) the same being.

Lucifer was a MAN, and in fact was Adam who fell, witnessed by the fact he had stones as his covering, just as the High Priest had stones as part of his covering. Adam was a High Priest unto God, made according to pattern, which is why his sons knew to do sacrifices.

In the text, the actual living person at the time the prophet was speaking of, was an earthly king. But it was also a double witness in that it showed the beginning.

The depth of the understanding that you have searched for, you were created to search for, for this cause and for this season, you were born. Awake to Christ and shake off the dust, the Lord has need of you.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
As usual: you take the words of a demon-possessed person over The Word of God.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The devil knows God exists, knows he judged already, knows he is bound for hell and wants to pull as many as possible into hell with him.

The "Word of God" is a living word, not the dead words that have been the channel of "The Word." The books that comprise the bible do not claim to be "The Word". The Bible says that "The Word" is spoken any time truth is spoken across all time. The Bible says that "The Son" is "The Word." Bible idolatry has lead to confusion and stunted growth. The Jews still live in the idolatry of their own man made scriptures.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This thing really has a strong hold on you, doesn't it? I will add you to my prayer list. And as a matter of fact, I AM of Jewish bloodline.

That being said, thank you for posting these segments from this "revelation", for two reasons. One, it confirms what I said, and two, it gives me more of an idea of what I'm up against in prayer.

First lie: Satan was NOT Lucifer's assistant. The only truth in that is that they are not (as most of the church has been deluded into thinking) the same being.

Lucifer was a MAN, and in fact was Adam who fell, witnessed by the fact he had stones as his covering, just as the High Priest had stones as part of his covering. Adam was a High Priest unto God, made according to pattern, which is why his sons knew to do sacrifices.

In the text, the actual living person at the time the prophet was speaking of, was an earthly king. But it was also a double witness in that it showed the beginning.

The depth of the understanding that you have searched for, you were created to search for, for this cause and for this season, you were born. Awake to Christ and shake off the dust, the Lord has need of you.

The name "Lucifer" didn't enter the Bible until Jerome translated it in the Vulgate translation. The Vulgate was commisioned by Pope Damassis in 382.

"The Septuagint renders the phrase as ὁ ἑωσφόρος ὁ πρωὶ ἀνατέλλων "the early-rising Eosphorus". Jerome follows this in his Latin Vulgate text, translating lucifer qui mane oriebaris ("morning star that used to rise early")."​

"This passage came to be applied to Satan in his role as the "fallen angel" by the Church fathers of the 3rd century, including Tertullian and Origen. However the word lucifer never came to be seen as a proper name of Satan in Latin, as it did in English. Lucifer was still used as a given name, as for 4th-century Lucifer of Cagliari (d. 370). As a title of Christ, it is still used in the Exsultet hymn sung during the Easter Vigil in the Roman Rite.

"Most modern English versions (including the NIV, RSV, NRSV, NASB, NABRE, NJB and ESV) render the Hebrew word as "day star", "morning star" or something similar, and never as "Lucifer", a word that in English is now very rarely used in the sense of the original word in Hebrew (Morning Star), though in Latin "Lucifer" was a literal translation."​

Caino

Burning Bush

The "Word of God" is a living word, not the dead words that have been the channel of "The Word." The books that comprise the bible do not claim to be "The Word". The Bible says that "The Word" is spoken any time truth is spoken across all time. The Bible says that "The Son" is "The Word." Bible idolatry has lead to confusion and stunted growth. The Jews still live in the idolatry of their own man made scriptures.

Caino

At last we have common ground. The Word is Spirit and has always been. Yeshua was this Word MADE flesh.

However, your disdain for the scriptures is a hindrance to you. Part of the revelation of the Word is also the TORAH which has not been corrupted, as it has been validated by the perfection found in the letter placement discovered by the bible codes, for those that can't receive the witness of the Spirit.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
At last we have common ground. The Word is Spirit and has always been. Yeshua was this Word MADE flesh.

However, your disdain for the scriptures is a hindrance to you. Part of the revelation of the Word is also the TORAH which has not been corrupted, as it has been validated by the perfection found in the letter placement discovered by the bible codes, for those that can't receive the witness of the Spirit.

In the same way that Moses forbid the making of graven images or golden calves, (in that age more child like minds really did thing the spirit of God was in the material object) man departed from the "Living Word" when he made a fetish of the scriptures. Nothing that the hand of man has touched can be considered the infallible word of God.

All of the OT books were edited and redacted during the devastating period of the Babylonian captivity. The Hebrew priest class converted ordinary secular history into a miraculous fiction. Their audience was the scattered Israelites who had lost their national identity. They did NOT claim to be writing the word of God, the Priest of latter generations used the OT books to derive their "authority".

"(1004.6) 92:2.3 When modern man wonders at the presentation of so much in the scriptures of different religions that may be regarded as obscene, he should pause to consider that passing generations have feared to eliminate what their ancestors deemed to be holy and sacred. A great deal that one generation might look upon as obscene, preceding generations have considered a part of their accepted mores, even as approved religious rituals. A considerable amount of religious controversy has been occasioned by the never-ending attempts to reconcile olden but reprehensible practices with newly advanced reason, to find plausible theories in justification of creedal perpetuation of ancient and outworn customs."

Caino

Aimiel

I am a follower of Jesus, not Paul. Paul was (unintentionally) a corrupter of the gospel; he brought his own old Pagan ideas into his Christian religion about Jesus.
Sorry, friend, but the guy who wrote two thirds of The New Testament, who probably had an I.Q. of about 175 or better didn't write any nonsense and CERTAINLY didn't corrupt The Everlasting Gospel. He's probably the greatest writer who's ever lived. The god of this world has a VERY strong hold on your mind. You might consider tearing that thing down because: it's an idol.

Aimiel

Jesus is certainly The Living Word of God, since He quite literally is: God, in The Form of Flesh; but His Word is Truth. Jesus endorsed His Holy Word and you also miss out on the fact that men didn't author Holy Scripture...

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The 'more sure word of prophecy' which Christians have is The Holy Ghost living inside of them. He witnesses together with our spirit that we are children of God.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

We are actually living Scripture:

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

God's Word comes alive in men's hearts. He is The One Who makes His Word come to life. He lives in us. In non-believers, His Words are seed, but they don't produce fruit necessarily right away. Sometimes it takes years for His Word to turn the stony ground His Seed is planted in into fruitful soil... then it might take decades for that plant to produce life in the person in whom that Seed was sown. It might only be on one's death-bed that they receive His Word and come to salvation. It's a horrible waste of a life, but it's far better than an eternity in torment. You need to think about repenting today and sticking to God's Word rather than following some demon's snake-oil doctrine.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, friend, but the guy who wrote two thirds of The New Testament, who probably had an I.Q. of about 175 or better didn't write any nonsense and CERTAINLY didn't corrupt The Everlasting Gospel. He's probably the greatest writer who's ever lived. The god of this world has a VERY strong hold on your mind. You might consider tearing that thing down because: it's an idol.

As strange as it may seem Aimiel, you do have quite a strong faith in the Satan God, you talk constantly about this devil God and have an intricate knowledge of his many ways.

I follow Jesus and the pre-cross gospel preached 3 years before the cross. Paul barged in and took over the direction of the movement making it more appealing to the Pagan doctrines of human sacrifice, blood drinking and flesh eating.

It is true that Paul dominates the New Testament while it is Jesus who dominates the original gospel.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is certainly The Living Word of God, since He quite literally is: God, in The Form of Flesh; but His Word is Truth. Jesus endorsed His Holy Word and you also miss out on the fact that men didn't author Holy Scripture...

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The 'more sure word of prophecy' which Christians have is The Holy Ghost living inside of them. He witnesses together with our spirit that we are children of God.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

We are actually living Scripture:

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

God's Word comes alive in men's hearts. He is The One Who makes His Word come to life. He lives in us. In non-believers, His Words are seed, but they don't produce fruit necessarily right away. Sometimes it takes years for His Word to turn the stony ground His Seed is planted in into fruitful soil... then it might take decades for that plant to produce life in the person in whom that Seed was sown. It might only be on one's death-bed that they receive His Word and come to salvation. It's a horrible waste of a life, but it's far better than an eternity in torment. You need to think about repenting today and sticking to God's Word rather than following some demon's snake-oil doctrine.

You are imagining things if you believe that the Bible says that God wrote it. God is not the author of confusion. The word is Living and quite available to people outside the books of the 7 different Bibles of the 7 different orthodox churches.

Caino

Aimiel

As strange as it may seem Aimiel, you do have quite a strong faith in the Satan God, you talk constantly about this devil God and have an intricate knowledge of his many ways.
Jesus warned more about hell than He spoke of Heaven. Hell is real. Devils are real. If you're ignorant of him, it's because you're in his back pocket. He doesn't have to bother those he leads around by the nose.
I follow Jesus and the pre-cross gospel preached 3 years before the cross. Paul barged in and took over the direction of the movement making it more appealing to the Pagan doctrines of human sacrifice, blood drinking and flesh eating.
Jesus is The One Who said: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." I take it that you have no life in you.
It is true that Paul dominates the New Testament while it is Jesus who dominates the original gospel.
Paul isn't preaching Paul. He preaches The Gospel. It took a man of great intelligence to share with the world what Jesus spoke only in parables about. He doesn't want anyone to follow him, who considered himself the Chief of Sinners, but to follow Christ, The ONLY One Who deserves ANY praise at all... The One Who deserves all praise and all glory, The Son of The Living God.

Aimiel

You are imagining things if you believe that the Bible says that God wrote it. God is not the author of confusion. The word is Living and quite available to people outside the books of the 7 different Bibles of the 7 different orthodox churches.
I just quoted where The Lord said that He authored The Holy Scriptures, but you can't see that, because you don't believe in Him.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I just quoted where The Lord said that He authored The Holy Scriptures, but you can't see that, because you don't believe in Him.

:chuckle: They weren't referring to their own writings as "scripture.".....but the RCC eventually made their writings scripture.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus warned more about hell than He spoke of Heaven. Hell is real. Devils are real. If you're ignorant of him, it's because you're in his back pocket. He doesn't have to bother those he leads around by the nose.Jesus is The One Who said: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." I take it that you have no life in you.Paul isn't preaching Paul. He preaches The Gospel. It took a man of great intelligence to share with the world what Jesus spoke only in parables about. He doesn't want anyone to follow him, who considered himself the Chief of Sinners, but to follow Christ, The ONLY One Who deserves ANY praise at all... The One Who deserves all praise and all glory, The Son of The Living God.

No, Jesus said something different. That's a Pagan rewrite, the Pagan's were already doing that and already has a sacrificed savoir who ascended into heaven.

This is what Jesus really said:

Establishing the Remembrance Supper

(1941.6) 179:5.1 As they brought Jesus the third cup of wine, the “cup of blessing,” he arose from the couch and, taking the cup in his hands, blessed it, saying: “Take this cup, all of you, and drink of it. This shall be the cup of my remembrance. This is the cup of the blessing of a new dispensation of grace and truth. This shall be to you the emblem of the bestowal and ministry of the divine Spirit of Truth. And I will not again drink this cup with you until I drink in new form with you in the Father’s eternal kingdom.”

(1942.1) 179:5.2 The apostles all sensed that something out of the ordinary was transpiring as they drank of this cup of blessing in profound reverence and perfect silence. The old Passover commemorated the emergence of their fathers from a state of racial slavery into individual freedom; now the Master was instituting a new remembrance supper as a symbol of the new dispensation wherein the enslaved individual emerges from the bondage of ceremonialism and selfishness into the spiritual joy of the brotherhood and fellowship of the liberated faith sons of the living God.

(1942.2) 179:5.3 When they had finished drinking this new cup of remembrance, the Master took up the bread and, after giving thanks, broke it in pieces and, directing them to pass it around, said: “Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life.” When they had partaken of the bread of remembrance, the symbol of the living word of truth incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh, they all sat down.

(1942.3) 179:5.4 In instituting this remembrance supper, the Master, as was always his habit, resorted to parables and symbols. He employed symbols because he wanted to teach certain great spiritual truths in such a manner as to make it difficult for his successors to attach precise interpretations and definite meanings to his words. In this way he sought to prevent successive generations from crystallizing his teaching and binding down his spiritual meanings by the dead chains of tradition and dogma. In the establishment of the only ceremony or sacrament associated with his whole life mission, Jesus took great pains to suggest his meanings rather than to commit himself to precise definitions. He did not wish to destroy the individual’s concept of divine communion by establishing a precise form; neither did he desire to limit the believer’s spiritual imagination by formally cramping it. He rather sought to set man’s reborn soul free upon the joyous wings of a new and living spiritual liberty.

(1942.4) 179:5.5 Notwithstanding the Master’s effort thus to establish this new sacrament of the remembrance, those who followed after him in the intervening centuries saw to it that his express desire was effectively thwarted in that his simple spiritual symbolism of that last night in the flesh has been reduced to precise interpretations and subjected to the almost mathematical precision of a set formula. Of all Jesus’ teachings none have become more tradition-standardized.

(1942.5) 179:5.6 This supper of remembrance, when it is partaken of by those who are Son-believing and God-knowing, does not need to have associated with its symbolism any of man’s puerile misinterpretations regarding the meaning of the divine presence, for upon all such occasions the Master is really present. The remembrance supper is the believer’s symbolic rendezvous with Michael. When you become thus spirit-conscious, the Son is actually present, and his spirit fraternizes with the indwelling fragment of his Father.

(1942.6) 179:5.7 After they had engaged in meditation for a few moments, Jesus continued speaking: “When you do these things, recall the life I have lived on earth among you and rejoice that I am to continue to live on earth with you and to serve through you. As individuals, contend not among yourselves as to who shall be greatest. Be you all as brethren. And when the kingdom grows to embrace large groups of believers, likewise should you refrain from contending for greatness or seeking preferment between such groups.”

(1943.1) 179:5.8 And this mighty occasion took place in the upper chamber of a friend. There was nothing of sacred form or of ceremonial consecration about either the supper or the building. The remembrance supper was established without ecclesiastical sanction.

(1943.2) 179:5.9 When Jesus had thus established the supper of the remembrance, he said to the eleven: “And as often as you do this, do it in remembrance of me. And when you do remember me, first look back upon my life in the flesh, recall that I was once with you, and then, by faith, discern that you shall all sometime sup with me in the Father’s eternal kingdom. This is the new Passover which I leave with you, even the memory of my bestowal life, the word of eternal truth; and of my love for you, the outpouring of my Spirit of Truth upon all flesh.” *

(1943.3) 179:5.10 And they ended this celebration of the old but bloodless Passover in connection with the inauguration of the new supper of the remembrance, by singing, all together, the one hundred and eighteenth Psalm.

Caino

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.