The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Who really cares what "appeals to you"? I certainly don't.
There is tons of evidence to support the "God write it" idea. Not that you would understand any of it.

1) I do believe the flood story
2) Whatever derivative ideas I get from that story, do not have to be in conflict with science ideas.
I may not be 100% on page with other Christians, but I didn't lose my faith because of conflicting ideas. You did.

See above.

I don't care. My faith is about the Lord Jesus Christ, not about how old a rock is. You shouldn't be trying to disprove any part of the Bible just to fit your preconceptions.

Which is special pleading: "Our book is written by 'special (nonexistent) beings' which amounts to God having authorized them to pen His biography." You are equivocating (Means you are trying to have your cake and eat it too, while denying God did it prior).

No, believers believe. They do NOT rewrite books to fit their own 'only natural' expectations. Look above, you are still concerned with 'only natural' things. The soul is dead until the Spirit Himself renews it. Your Urantia book is wrong, you cannot 'born again' yourself. A human can 'born' (birth) a human being. Only God can 'born' (birth) what is dead in man. When Jesus told Nicodemus he must be born again, it was something God would have to do, not something Nicodemus could do. This is what is entirely missing from your Urantia book. It is human-centered with human concerns and God is recast for/by humans much like the old Greek gods. The UB is an old story, old attempt, wrong god.
Yes, they do rewrite the same stories with very different facts. You are constitutionally incapable of accepting that because they told you God wrote the books and that you should feel guilty to question them.

2 Samuel 24:1And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

400+/- years later a different author.

1 Chronicles 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Bible worshipers are in the position of having to convince themselves that those 2 versions say the same thing.

I'm in the position to see that their thinking evolved over time. No big deal.

I never had faith in the Old Testament to begin with to loose.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
With 3rd grade grammar? Don't think so. Intelligent people don't put their fingers in their ears. I do grasp and have wrestled with God through the O.T. You? Ran away and found something one step removed from God: "celestial beings" and then call that intelligent :doh:
The UB actually helps me to at least believe in some of the major themes and characters of the Old Testament. But i never believed Adam and Eve were the first humans! There was nothing to wrestle with for me. But now I know that they came to replaces the previous administrator (Crafty Beast) who joined the Lucifer rebellion , betrayed his trust and lead our world into darkness. In short order Eve then Adam fell to but repented and salvaged what they could before dyeing of old age.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Lon

Yes, they do rewrite the same stories with very different facts. You are constitutionally incapable of accepting that because they told you God wrote the books and that you should feel guilty to question them.
Nope. Every one of the old cultures reported a flood story, Caino. You are doing confirmation bias at this point.
2 Samuel 24:1And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

400+/- years later a different author.

1 Chronicles 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Bible worshipers are in the position of having to convince themselves that those 2 versions say the same thing.
No, we are not. Two different times, Caino.
I'm in the position to see that their thinking evolved over time. No big deal.
Its a huge deal: It teaches you to question truth and discount it before you ever figured out if it was true or not. You simply dismiss it as not. That is 'wrong' Caino.
I never had faith in the Old Testament to begin with to loose.
"Lose." Now why oh why would you say "to begin with...." It means you had bias already. You weren't going to believe 'to begin with.' That's not an honest place to start from.
The UB actually helps me to at least believe in some of the major themes and characters of the Old Testament.
Well and good as far as it goes, perhaps.
But i never believed Adam and Eve were the first humans!
Who were they? Sam and Wilma? Amoeba and Flagellate? Why the exclamation point? Why were you hung up on this?
There was nothing to wrestle with for me.
Right, because Caino is going to believe what Caino wants to believe, and could give a care less what God might say? Can your god even talk to you? How?
But now I know that they came to replaces the previous administrator (Crafty Beast) who joined the Lucifer rebellion , betrayed his trust and lead our world into darkness.
You don't know, simply know what the Urantia purports.
In short order Eve then Adam fell to but repented and salvaged what they could before dyeing of old age.

Lets just agree to disagree.
Repented like you repented? Flesh follows flesh. Spirit births spirit. Your book is 'only natural.'

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Every one of the old cultures reported a flood story, Caino. You are doing confirmation bias at this point.

No, we are not. Two different times, Caino.

Its a huge deal: It teaches you to question truth and discount it before you ever figured out if it was true or not. You simply dismiss it as not. That is 'wrong' Caino.

"Lose." Now why oh why would you say "to begin with...." It means you had bias already. You weren't going to believe 'to begin with.' That's not an honest place to start from.

Well and good as far as it goes, perhaps.

Who were they? Sam and Wilma? Amoeba and Flagellate? Why the exclamation point? Why were you hung up on this?

Right, because Caino is going to believe what Caino wants to believe, and could give a care less what God might say? Can your god even talk to you? How?

You don't know, simply know what the Urantia purports.

Repented like you repented? Flesh follows flesh. Spirit births spirit. Your book is 'only natural.'
I grew up in Christianity so I listened to what they said. It was intuitive for me to realize that Jesus portrayed the true Father which invalidated the concept of God portrayed in some of the OT stories.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You might as well quote the Book Of Mormon.
I don’t believe the extra Mormon revelation stuff. But Mormons are spirit filled people who go out and carry their message to others. I know some and respect ✊ their faith. They aren’t the kind of pricks that can be found among evangelicals.

Lon

I grew up in Christianity so I listened to what they said. It was intuitive for me to realize that Jesus portrayed the true Father which invalidated the concept of God portrayed in some of the OT stories.
Not exactly. I'm happy you at least know some of the Christian story. Like you (and Judge Rightly) we see a difference between old and new.

Walk with me a moment: God CHOSE Israel. You nor I can argue that point. Jesus was born to them. God could have chosen the Urantia,Mormon equivalent of the day: Samaritans. While Jesus spoke to them (like we are speaking to you), He corrected them. The Samaritans (and Urantians, and Unitarians, and Mormons) were disdained specifically because of false and incorrect ideas. Jesus talked to the Samaritan woman and called her on her 1) behavior, and 2) rejection of Judah "Salvation is of the Jews."

Like it or not, it is your and my job to 'learn' not 'rewrite' what we don't like, especially upon a cursory introduction.

I don’t believe the extra Mormon revelation stuff. But Mormons are spirit filled people who go out and carry their message to others. I know some and respect ✊ their faith. They aren’t the kind of pricks that can be found among evangelicals.
They are not Spirit-filled. They are exactly as they were before becoming Mormon the same as Urantian are exactly the same. Your own book, their own book, says 'already in you.' It leaves you both exactly as you are with the exact spirit you happen to be born with: Both of your books.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Not exactly. I'm happy you at least know some of the Christian story. Like you (and Judge Rightly) we see a difference between old and new.

Walk with me a moment: God CHOSE Israel. You nor I can argue that point. Jesus was born to them. God could have chosen the Urantia,Mormon equivalent of the day: Samaritans. While Jesus spoke to them (like we are speaking to you), He corrected them. The Samaritans (and Urantians, and Unitarians, and Mormons) were disdained specifically because of false and incorrect ideas. Jesus talked to the Samaritan woman and called her on her 1) behavior, and 2) rejection of Judah "Salvation is of the Jews."

Like it or not, it is your and my job to 'learn' not 'rewrite' what we don't like, especially upon a cursory introduction.

They are not Spirit-filled. They are exactly as they were before becoming Mormon the same as Urantian are exactly the same. Your own book, their own book, says 'already in you.' It leaves you both exactly as you are with the exact spirit you happen to be born with: Both of your books.
I don’t dispute that Israel were cultivated to receive the Son, but they lost their way, rejected the Gospel and killed the prophets and even the Son. Now salvation is actually of Western people. Jerusalem was destroyed, the Temple flattened and the false prophets scattered.

The UB is the next epochal revelation sent by Christ Michael via Gabriel and their subordinates.

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I don’t dispute that the Jews were cultivated to receive the Son, but they lost their way, rejected the Gospel and killed the prophets and even the Son. Now salvation is actually of Western people. Jerusalem was destroyed, the Temple flattened and the false prophets scattered.

The UB is the next epochal revelation sent by Christ Michael via Gabriel and their subordinates.
It is a piece of rubbish like the Book Of Mormon.

Lon

I don’t dispute that Israel were cultivated to receive the Son, but they lost their way, rejected the Gospel and killed the prophets and even the Son
And yet, God STILL chose them for His Son.
Now salvation is actually of Western people.
A little big-headed. China presently has more believers than we do. There are still Coptic and EO churches.
Jerusalem was destroyed, the Temple flattened and the false prophets scattered.
Where do you see false prophets scattered? 🤔
Actually, don't they think the sleeping prophet,
  1. Edgar Cayce and the Urantia Book
    Edgar Cayce
was Wilfred Kellogg, his brother-in-law??? 🤔 I'm not buying a completely new narrative from Chicago and the Kellogg family.

Though he seemed to be a cogent capable, man, there are a number of signs that he'd hock Urantia wares before they came about. He was a Seventh Day Adventist and much of the UB contains 7th Day thoughts and theology and prophetic liberty. It is similar to Joseph Smith's background, leading directly to Mormonism.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

A little big-headed. China presently has more believers than we do. There are still Coptic and EO churches.

Edgar Cayce
was Wilfred Kellogg, his brother-in-law??? 🤔 I'm not buying a completely new narrative from Chicago and the Kellogg family.

Though he seemed to be a cogent capable, man, there are a number of signs that he'd hock Urantia wares before they came about. He was a Seventh Day Adventist and much of the UB contains 7th Day thoughts and theology and prophetic liberty. It is similar to Joseph Smith's background, leading directly to Mormonism.
7B2159F2-7893-4655-B272-E64D2EF24E2D.png
Wilfred married Saddlers sister in law.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Edgar Cayce

44 million Christians in China
205 million in America
286 million in the UE
67 million in Russia

180,000 Christians in Israel
10-20,000 Messianic Jews in Israel.

The Jews rejected Jesus, his message and his identity as either the Jewish Messiah or the Son of God.

The light went West as Jesus said it would.

Bible

“Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”

45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46 They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.

Last edited:

Lon

44 million Christians in China
Nope 106,491,000
383 Million for all of Asia
12 Million Australians, 631 Million in Africa, 28 Million in India
Russia? Part at least of the East in numbers as well. 20% in the Middle East before genocide (12 Million Christians dead, moved, converted, or in hiding).

180,000 Christians in Israel
10-20,000 Messianic Jews in Israel.
Middle East as well
205 million in America
286 million in the UE
67 million in Russia
650 Million (none of the 'million' Urantia, it literally doesn't make any statistic) for the "West." East? Do the math, over a Billion.
The Jews rejected Jesus, his message and his identity as either the Jewish Messiah or the Son of God.

The light went West as Jesus said it would.
No, he didn't say that. It is YOUR interpretation of what He said. Nice try, but you aren't good at reading comprehension to begin with anyway. You literally have to rely on us who are, to ever be right, but your pride in your ignorance is too far down that road. You won't be turned back, no matter how hard someone might try. You cry when I tell you your Book is juvenile and beneath grown adults, but you never learned to think critically, Joe. You take that as a slam, but it isn't my fault. It is yours.
Bible

“Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”
Yes, but not 'taken from the East and given to the West..." : plain:
45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46 They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.
Yes again. Same thing.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nope 106,491,000
383 Million for all of Asia
12 Million Australians, 631 Million in Africa, 28 Million in India
Russia? Part at least of the East in numbers as well. 20% in the Middle East before genocide (12 Million Christians dead, moved, converted, or in hiding).

Middle East as well

650 Million (none of the 'million' Urantia, it literally doesn't make any statistic) for the "West." East? Do the math, over a Billion.

No, he didn't say that. It is YOUR interpretation of what He said. Nice try, but you aren't good at reading comprehension to begin with anyway. You literally have to rely on us who are, to ever be right, but your pride in your ignorance is too far down that road. You won't be turned back, no matter how hard someone might try. You cry when I tell you your Book is juvenile and beneath grown adults, but you never learned to think critically, Joe. You take that as a slam, but it isn't my fault. It is yours.

Yes, but not 'taken from the East and given to the West..." : plain:

Yes again. Same thing.
Jesus said the kingdom would be taken from the Jews who were supposed to receive it and given to others who would bear the fruit. With all of your degrees and sense of self importance you still can’t acknowledge such a simple statement?

China isn’t all of Asia:

You said “A little big-headed. China presently has more believers than we do.”

“Today, it is estimated that Christianity
is the fastest growing religion in China, [4] There were some four million before 1949 (three million Catholics and one million Protestants).[5] Accurate data on Chinese Christians is hard to access.[citation needed] In the early 2000s, there were approximately 38 million Protestants and 10-12 million Catholics, with a smaller number of Evangelical and Orthodox Christians.[6] The number of Chinese Christians had increased significantly since the easing of restrictions on religious activity during economic reforms in the late 1970s. The government declared in 2018 that there are over 44 million Christians in China.[7] On the other hand, some international Christian organizations estimate there are tens of millions more, who choose not to publicly identify as such.[8]
Today, it is estimated that Christianity is the fastest growing religion in China, [4] There were some four million before 1949 (three million Catholics and one million Protestants).[5] Accurate data on Chinese Christians is hard to access.[citation needed] In the early 2000s, there were approximately 38 million Protestants and 10-12 million Catholics, with a smaller number of Evangelical and Orthodox Christians.[6] The number of Chinese Christians had increased significantly since the easing of restrictions on religious activity during economic reforms in the late 1970s. The government declared in 2018 that there are over 44 million Christians in China.[7] On the other hand, some international Christian organizations estimate there are tens of millions more, who choose not to publicly identify as such.[8]

Bottom line, he went to his own but they rejected him and had him killed. So the message went to what was considered the West. They were more receptive to Paul’s version.

Lon

Jesus said the kingdom would be taken from the Jews who were supposed to receive it and given to others who would bear the fruit. With all of your degrees and sense of self importance you still can’t acknowledge such a simple statement?
With all your lack of degrees and mine? No. Simply YOU made it a Western victory. My whole point was that we in America haven't even been here but 200 years yet we spawn every oddball cult like we are the center of the world. We aren't. I proved it.
China isn’t all of Asia:

You said “A little big-headed. China presently has more believers than we do.”

“Today, it is estimated that Christianity
is the fastest growing religion in China, [4] There were some four million before 1949 (three million Catholics and one million Protestants).[5] Accurate data on Chinese Christians is hard to access.[citation needed] In the early 2000s, there were approximately 38 million Protestants and 10-12 million Catholics, with a smaller number of Evangelical and Orthodox Christians.[6] The number of Chinese Christians had increased significantly since the easing of restrictions on religious activity during economic reforms in the late 1970s. The government declared in 2018 that there are over 44 million Christians in China.[7] On the other hand, some international Christian organizations estimate there are tens of millions more, who choose not to publicly identify as such.[8]
Today, it is estimated that Christianity is the fastest growing religion in China, [4] There were some four million before 1949 (three million Catholics and one million Protestants).[5] Accurate data on Chinese Christians is hard to access.[citation needed] In the early 2000s, there were approximately 38 million Protestants and 10-12 million Catholics, with a smaller number of Evangelical and Orthodox Christians.[6] The number of Chinese Christians had increased significantly since the easing of restrictions on religious activity during economic reforms in the late 1970s. The government declared in 2018 that there are over 44 million Christians in China.[7] On the other hand, some international Christian organizations estimate there are tens of millions more, who choose not to publicly identify as such.[8]
Yet I gave you the link. It doesn't matter what numbers China itself gives. They aren't keen on Christianity and will only give you numbers that helps a communist regime.
Bottom line, he went to his own but they rejected him and had him killed. So the message went to what was considered the West. They were more receptive to Paul’s version.
Not at all. You are conflating. Didn't you notice Africa either? You'd have to discount ALL of those numbers to justify some little unknown cult of Kellogg's persuasion (or Joseph Smith, or Christadelphian, or JW etc. etc. etc.). EVERY last one of you off-groups think you are the one. It shows a brain-problem, a brain-washing problem. EVERY last cult thinks like this. It is literally coming from the way your heads are made. Do you ever wonder how Koresh duped so many? Joseph Smith? Rutherford? Same exact way as the UB has done to you. There are a very small limited group of people like you who are open to suggestions that make you targets and dupes for things that just don't ever add up. They never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.