The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
freelight,

Are you UR?

Who I am transcends any words or labels. I AM. - this is all I am! (pure being and pure consciousness).

~*~*~

Now to address your label above, if you're meaning 'Universal Reconciliation',....I do commend and appreciate many aspects of Christian Universalism (which is different than pure Universalism, proposing that all shall be saved in/thru Christ), but hold my reservations in embracing it totality, because of the enterprise and determination of 'free will', in which case some souls may choose DEATH over LIFE, and undergo the second death, from which there is no resurrection. So, if some souls CAN choose to self-destruct, and undergo 'disintegration' of being, a cessation of conscious existence, a termination of life,....then obviously....Universal Salvation is not true, and ONLY those who CHOOSE Life, and CHOOSE to do God's will, CHOOSE to respond to God's grace....and endure to the end by that grace.....become saved. So, while my sentiments lean towards Universalism in general, I'm still researching how free will can in an individuals case, negate God's will for that soul to eternally survive, to have life, when it can choose death.

The UB emphatically holds to the concept of libertarian free will, and describes individual free will as 'sovereign' in regards to determining the destiny of one's individual existence. It does NOT propose a concept of universal salvation, since genuine free will enables all possibilities and potentials to play out, towards the ultimation of life or death.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Good Zeus!

Good Zeus!

freelight,

you have been analyzing other's religion but you don't want to talk about your own even when asked.

It is strange.

Well for heaven's sake, some of us do have a life outside of TOL, and sometimes it may take a day or 2 to respond to posts. I write VOLUMES on this discussion board. Too much maybe, ...its a rather generous dispensation, in many cases 'charitable'.

:carryon:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ignorants addressed.......

ignorants addressed.......

Your views are not so different to freelight and he is for Urantia, and not the Bible..

FALSE. I am not for Urantia, as opposed to everything else. My views and commentary on the Bible stands. 'Urantia' happens to be the name of our planet, given by the groups of celestials who gave the 196 papers in the UB, also called the Urantia Papers. We just write 'UB'(abbreviation) for 'Urantia Book',...which is the commercial public name given after it was published in 1955.

Please don't be an ignoramous and fall for a false belief that 'freelight' is a UB believer and promotor (as if this is my main religious affiliation or denomination), because that is not true. We happen to have a UB thread on TOL which I contribute regularly to,...whoop dee doo. I serve as an expounder and expositor for the sake of religious discussion. This is a religious discussion forum.

The UB just happens to be one of many religious books that came into my life once upon a time (in the 90's) and has been inspiring and interesting to me, as a reader of it off and on over the years. Its just ONE book among many other books in my religious library, and one topic of many which I discuss here on TOL. I don't know how many times I have to correct the ignorance and assumptions out there which are just pure IGNORANCE. Most of what I write on TOL does not include the UB at all, and in some cases if the UB does have something valuable/meaningful to share on a religious subject, I may share some passages on it, like I have very limitedly in our discussions on 'free will', 'foreknowledge' and 'predestination'. It just so happens the UB has an amazing insight and perspective on greater cosmic and universal truths, and its view on 'free will' also seems to share aspects of the 'Open View' and 'Process Theology', its cosmology is very intricate, systematic and consistent.

My standard response to ignorants like GM and others going on about some 'UFO Cult' holds here. I tire of such religious buffoonery and polemics, which reflects spiritual retardation and not an openness or appreciation of universal wisdom, much less the study of comparative religions or basic philosophy. Even as I write this, GM is in chatbox spreading false information about the UB being a UFO Cult and me being into new age/occult 'junk' (this has been going on for quite some time). Same ole tired polemics.

marhig

FALSE. I am not for Urantia, as opposed to everything else. My views and commentary on the Bible stands. 'Urantia' happens to be the name of our planet, given by the groups of celestials who gave the 196 papers in the UB, also called the Urantia Papers. We just write 'UB'(abbreviation) for 'Urantia Book',...which is the commercial public name given after it was published in 1955.

Please don't be an ignoramous and fall for a false belief that 'freelight' is a UB believer and promotor (as if this is my main religious affiliation or denomination), because that is not true. We happen to have a UB thread on TOL which I contribute regularly to,...whoop dee doo. I serve as an expounder and expositor for the sake of religious discussion. This is a religious discussion forum.

The UB just happens to be one of many religious books that came into my life once upon a time (in the 90's) and has been inspiring and interesting to me, as a reader of it off and on over the years. Its just ONE book among many other books in my religious library, and one topic of many which I discuss here on TOL. I don't know how many times I have to correct the ignorance and assumptions out there which are just pure IGNORANCE. Most of what I write on TOL does not include the UB at all, and in some cases if the UB does have something valuable/meaningful to share on a religious subject, I may share some passages on it, like I have very limitedly in our discussions on 'free will', 'foreknowledge' and 'predestination'. It just so happens the UB has an amazing insight and perspective on greater cosmic and universal truths, and its view on 'free will' also seems to share aspects of the 'Open View' and 'Process Theology', its cosmology is very intricate, systematic and consistent.

My standard response to ignorants like GM and others going on about some 'UFO Cult' holds here. I tire of such religious buffoonery and polemics, which reflects spiritual retardation and not an openness or appreciation of universal wisdom, much less the study of comparative religions or basic philosophy. Even as I write this, GM is in chatbox spreading false information about the UB being a UFO Cult and me being into new age/occult 'junk' (this has been going on for quite some time). Same ole tired polemics.
Well I've never read the UB, I've never read anything really except the Bible, I've looked online quite a while ago at the early Hebrew symbols and that was fascinating. :)

But I believe very much as you do from reading the Bible alone. I believe that God is the father and the only true God, and Jesus Christ is his son, I don't believe that he came as a human sacrifice but as a living sacrifice. And I believe that our hearts must be cleansed from within by the blood of Christ which is his life within by the spirit, and that we are to turn from sin and do Gods will, I also believe that we are to endure to the end to be saved. Which I'm sure is what you believe, I do believe a few things differently like the new heaven and the new earth, I see this spiritually I don't see this as the natural world. I believe that in the Bible, God is talking to our hearts and as he's opening my understanding through progressive revelation I'm seeing the Bible completely differently to what I did when I read it in the flesh. And I know that the way to receive revelation from God is to lay down our lives, turn from this world, become last and do his will, and then he opens our hearts and minds and pours his spirit in and through Christ, our devil's are cast out, cleansing the true temple of God washing us with pure rivers of living water, and when we are born of him then his kingdom is within us.

What I don't do, and I think is really wrong is condemn others to hell like many do here. We have no right to do so, we don't know anyone's heart and have no right to judge another in the flesh when we are just flesh ourselves. We judge by the word of God and as we speak, God will judge, he knows who's heard the truth. My hope is for everyone to know the father and his son Jesus Christ. But if we see ourselves as elect, and saved and stand looking down at others as unsaved and hellbound, then we have never known the true God. Because God is love, and if his love is within our hearts then we will have hope for everyone, even those that hate us. We will just hope that one day they will hear the truth, and realise that this life is but a whisper and this world and the building up in it and loving our flesh is worthless. I'm ashamed of my old ways, and I certainly don't want to hold on to them. I love God and I want to do his will, I willingly want to walk away from my flesh, but I need his help to do so every day, because Satan has a strong hold on us, the flesh is the dust that he feeds off if we let him, until we submit ourselves to God and he gives us the strength to overcome him in our lives by the power of the Spirit and it's all done through Christ

So this is how I know that God is with me, because he is giving me the power by the spirit over my flesh and he's giving me a mouth to speak and he is opening up my understanding bit by bit, and I'm seeing things that I never saw before and I'm truly blessed, I know in my heart that I've received such a great gift that nothing in this world could replace it no amount of money, diamonds, wealth, no material thing, nothing, nothing can replace the love of God in our hearts. And the peace that we have after he takes us out of this world and starts to clean us within is amazing. I've never felt peace like it, the world doesn't have a hold on me anymore. I go through hard times in my life but I know that God is with me and I'm grateful from the depths of my heart that he would even look at me and I know that I'm not saved by the death of Jesus on the cross, death doesn't save, life saves. And I know than I'm being saved by the grace of God through faith. Life saves and that life is within me helping me to overcome and saving me everyday from the worst thing of all..... myself, and the lusts of my flesh. I'm a different person now that I know the living God, and I know that I am truly blessed and I thank our Lord Jesus Christ for showing me the way.

Last edited:

marhig

So you don't believe Jesus' resurrection?
Yes I do, but I don't believe that we rise from this dust out of our natural graves. It's spiritual. Our spirit goes back to God and the dust goes back to the dust that it came from.

marhig

So you don't believe Isiah's prophesy?
Yes I do, but i see it spiritually not naturally

For example, can to see what this means spiritually, this is in the verses you quoted from Isaiah.

Isaiah 65:21

And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes I do, but i see it spiritually not naturally

For example, can to see what this means spiritually, this is in the verses you quoted from Isaiah.

And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them

So are you saying we will not have visible human nor animal nor plants?

this is becoming weirder.

marhig

So are you saying we will not have visible human nor animal nor plants?

this is becoming weirder.
No, I see those verses differently to many others.

Can you see what that verse you quoted from Isaiah means spiritually?

marhig

It seems we understand "spiritual" differently.

You seep to believe it is invisible and imaginably.
Meshak, Jesus said to his disciples "to you or is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God" and then he explained the parable to them. It's not for us to know everything, only what is revealed to us by God. The whole Bible is full of deeper meanings, and God through Christ gradually opens up our understanding through progressive revelation, if we are a true disciple and follow Jesus living by God's will. Our first revelation is that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God, this comes from God and is not revealed by flesh and blood and upon the revelation that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God the church is built. He is our rock.

As for the verse in Isaiah

We are the houses of God, we are the temple built without hands, and the inhabitant is the holy spirit within us, we plant vineyards through Christ by sharing the word of God, and when the seed sinks deep into good ground and grows, then Christ is our vine and we are the branches and we produce the fruits of that vine which all stem from love, and the root is God, planted deep in our hearts feeding us and keeping us alive.

I see it spiritually and not naturally.

I don't see natural houses, natural vineyards and natural fruit!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, Jesus said to his disciples "to you or is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God" and then he explained the parable to them. It's not for us to know everything, only what is revealed to us by God. The whole Bible is full of deeper meanings, and God through Christ gradually opens up our understanding through progressive revelation, if we are a true disciple and follow Jesus living by God's will. Our first revelation is that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God, this comes from God and is not revealed by flesh and blood and upon the revelation that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God the church is built. He is our rock.

As for the verse in Isaiah

We are the houses of God, we are the temple built without hands, and the inhabitant is the holy spirit within us, we plant vineyards through Christ by sharing the word of God, and when the seed sinks deep into good ground and grows, then Christ is our vine and we are the branches and we produce the fruits of that vine which all stem from love, and the root is God, planted deep in our hearts feeding us and keeping us alive.

I see it spiritually and not naturally.

I don't see natural houses, natural vineyards and natural fruit!

So you don't believe Adam and Eve lived in a paradise garden before the fall?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Marhig,

You don't have to go into wordy posts.

I just want to understand your overall understanding of the Bible.

thanks.

marhig

So you don't want to share how you read it?
Not on here no. I don't share too much regarding the deeper things of God, as it's not mine to give. God will give it to us in his time through revelation. We won't get past the natural until God shows us the spiritual, so no matter what I say, others won't see it until God has given them the understanding to do so.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This place is where we share how we read the Bible. Most of us read the Bible differently.

It is meaningless if we are not consistent with what Bible says, no matter how much we know the verses and memorize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.