The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Uhmm, trying to burn down stainless steel with a lighter isn't 'attacking' persay because of how feeble it is BUT the thing that drives you to it is not innocent.

Bull, or you'd take this to some other website (and there are plenty) when asked by Knight, mods, and TOL members to do so. This is a lie.

:think: Every oddball atheist, cult member and other-sexual claims the rest of 'us' have a phobia. :nono: You misread a detest for fear. They are NOT the same thing. I don't have to be afraid of dirty diapers to not like them. I've changed enough dirty diapers, still don't like them. You? See it for what it is. This thread is the dirty diaper of TOL and well.....well, somebody has to address it. This is TOL's dirty-diaper (nearly all supposed "phobias" are rather disliked/detested/not appreciated - I don't 'appreciate' dirty diapers. They don't 'scare' me :plain: ).

Yes, to the first part; no, to the second. Again, once somebody HAS the answer, there is no need whatsoever to see all the wrong answers. Not even some of them :noway:

Good post Lon. FL and Caino are a couple of UFO Cultists/weirdos. I'm sure they have to KNOW that. They just don't fit in anywhere so they planted themselves here. They're like "those" kids in school that everybody made fun of. And, it's still happening to them.

Lon

Explanatory for MAD and posterity: I'm not anti-MAD here and will explain:

Explanatory for MAD and posterity: I'm not anti-MAD here and will explain:

Good post Lon. FL and Caino are a couple of UFO Cultists/weirdos. I'm sure they have to KNOW that. They just don't fit in anywhere so they planted themselves here. They're like "those" kids in school that everybody made fun of. And, it's still happening to them.
I am being careful with MAD here btw. I'm not disparaging them, just telling PJ/FL that it isn't viable for him to see Paul as using a different gospel other than the one the Lord Jesus Christ gave Him. He's trying to use 'different' gospel to say it 1) isn't from the Lord Jesus Christ and 2) that He wasn't an Apostle nor really were any of them in his mind, that wrote as God moved them with infallible communication from God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
. I don't have to be afraid of dirty diapers to not like them. I've changed enough dirty diapers, still don't like them. You? See it for what it is. This thread is the dirty diaper of TOL and well.....well, somebody has to address it. This is TOL's dirty-diaper (nearly all supposed "phobias" are rather disliked/detested/not appreciated - I don't 'appreciate' dirty diapers. They don't 'scare' me :plain: ).

:noway:

:rotfl: This thread is the dirty diaper of TOL !!!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Blasphemy against God: John 3:16 and against His servant 2 Peter 3:16 "Accursed" isn't a 'spell' either :plain: It is a condition of God against that one. The God of the universe is against you.

In reality it's the God of Lons narrow mind. I'm a disciple of Jesus and the original gospel. I've never blasphemed God, that's a trumped up charge used against Jesus by Lon-like members of Judaism's ruling elite class.

* Jesus never taught the Jews to kill him as a sacrifice. Atonement is an interpretation by the Pagan world not an actual fact.

* The Father required the Son to experience both human life and human death as part of receiving sovereign power over his own co-creation.

* But it is understandable how the spectacular events around the death and resurrection of Jesus overshadowed and replaced the original gospel of the kingdom of heaven; a faith based dedication to the same path that Jesus followed.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In reality it's the God of Lons narrow mind. I'm a disciple of Jesus and the original gospel. I've never blasphemed God, that's a trumped up charge used against Jesus by Lon-like members of Judaism's ruling elite class.

* Jesus never taught the Jews to kill him as a sacrifice. Atonement is an interpretation by the Pagan world not an actual fact.

* The Father required the Son to experience both human life and human death as part of receiving sovereign power over his own co-creation.

* But it is understandable how the spectacular events around the death and resurrection of Jesus overshadowed and replaced the original gospel of the kingdom of heaven; a faith based dedication to the same path that Jesus followed.

Jesus came for the jews up until DBR.

Matthew 15:24 KJV -

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I am being careful with MAD here btw. I'm not disparaging them, just telling PJ/FL that it isn't viable for him to see Paul as using a different gospel other than the one the Lord Jesus Christ gave Him. He's trying to use 'different' gospel to say it 1) isn't from the Lord Jesus Christ and 2) that He wasn't an Apostle nor really were any of them in his mind, that wrote as God moved them with infallible communication from God.

Peter was infallible?????

"Peter said to Him, “Even if all fall away on account of You, I never will.” “Truly I tell you, Jesus declared, “- this very night before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” Peter replied, “Even if I must die with You, I will never deny You.” And the rest of the disciples said the same.…

The message couldn't be more clear; Jesus didn't teach "Christ and him crucified" 3 years before the cross to the Jews. In fact it was his hope that the Jews would answer the entire purpose of their calling, Plan A. But tragically they didn't. So the Father lead the Son across a bridge to the West who was found to be more receptive to a variation of the original; Plan B. You Lon were born into Plan B, you are saved, you are I'm sure a good man, I do not fault you for your sincere adoption of the gospel as it was presented to you.

Jesus and the 12 labored repeatedly to reach the Jews with the original gospel of the Kingdom, but to no avail. They had set ideas about themselves and the concept of a Jewish Messiah.

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling! Look, your house is left to you desolate.…

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
It is the insistence of your belief which includes with it the sense of threat if/when you assume it is being 'attacked'. There is no 'attack' going on but in your own mind. It is the exclusive worship of your 'belief' as being solely true that causes your distress when seemingly challenged....and it is all you fall back on, since its a dogma you've invested so much in. Once you let it go, there is no longer a religious ego to protect or which could be hurt.

The fact remains, no matter what religious school or philosophical style or approach we adopt or lean towards.....we still cannot put 'God' in a box, neither assume he is limited to our terms or definitions. God is not limited by words, symbols or thoughts, but some venues or models may serve to better represent.
Claiming the bible has errors is an attack.
Lev. 19:31 “Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits”

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Paul just point blank tells us that he didn't get his gospel from the other apostles or Jesus' original teaching. He went off to Arabia for 3 years where he developed his own ideas.

Galatians 1:11-18

"I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days."

* The Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven; salvation by faith followed by a whole hearted commitment to seek and do the will of God as Jesus did.

* The Gospel of Christ and him crucified as a human sacrifice to satisfy a debt to God that would finally change and forgive ma.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” At that time, John’s disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Why is it that we and the Pharisees fast so often, but Your disciples do not fast?”…

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Uhmm, trying to burn down stainless steel with a lighter isn't 'attacking' persay because of how feeble it is BUT the thing that drives you to it is not innocent.

Bull, or you'd take this to some other website (and there are plenty) when asked by Knight, mods, and TOL members to do so. This is a lie.

:think: Every oddball atheist, cult member and other-sexual claims the rest of 'us' have a phobia. :nono: You misread a detest for fear. They are NOT the same thing. I don't have to be afraid of dirty diapers to not like them. I've changed enough dirty diapers, still don't like them. You? See it for what it is. This thread is the dirty diaper of TOL and well.....well, somebody has to address it. This is TOL's dirty-diaper (nearly all supposed "phobias" are rather disliked/detested/not appreciated - I don't 'appreciate' dirty diapers. They don't 'scare' me :plain: ).

Yes, to the first part; no, to the second. Again, once somebody HAS the answer, there is no need whatsoever to see all the wrong answers. Not even some of them :noway:

Good grief Lon! Learn to be a man! You say stuff like this but then run to the mods like a little girl claiming blasphemy? I had held you in a little higher esteem than the trolls.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Said Jesus: "That which is old and also TRUE must abide. Likewise, that which is new but false must be rejected. But that which is new and also true, have the faith and courage to accept...." UB

Caino

BANNED
Banned
False charge. The UB wholly agrees with this passage. Only someone ignorant of its teaching would make such a claim.

2 Peter is pseudographical, and no one is necessarily against Paul'steaching, unless one is emphatically anti-Pauline. Paul's gospel is his own and differs from the original gospel of Jesus, - recognizing that is not a sin, neither is it necessary to create an imaginary enemy and assume a defensive posture based on an assumed threat which is common among some of the critics here ( they think they are under attack, again a false perception based on fear, presumption and insecurity).

Jesus didnt teach anyone to worship Paul, neither did he prophesy that a 13th apostle would arise to be added to his original 12. You may recall After Judas defected, Mattias was chosen by casting lots.

That was Paul's claim, and note it was after his contention with Peter and the original apostles of Jesus that he felt the need to exalt 'his gospel' as the only valid one. He knew it was different than their gospel, a fusion of various schools plus his own visions and personal revelations. Note Paul is the one cursing, boasting, professing this and that so that his own testimony when closely scrutinized is questionable at certain points. This is why some totally reject Paul and stick with Jesus words only. Let us note the UB is not totally anti-Pauline....it recognizes his contribution to the formation of christian theology and tradition, but emphasizes Jesus original gospel of the kingdom, minus the need to adopt Judaism and its laws or customs.

See every mention of Paul in the UB here

Quite the contrary, since our Heavenly Father is surely FOR us, he being infinite love. Its all this "for or against" divisional thinking that is conflicting, and posits adversarial judgments and fear, which are not characteristic of love. Love shows a better way. Why not take it?

"Paul little dreamed that his well-intentioned letters to his converts would someday be regarded by still later Christians as the "word of God." Such well-meaning teachers must not be held accountable for the use made of their writings by later-day successors."

Lon

:yawn: All in your made-up head.
No, it is the UB assertion. You quote it as if it were infallible :noway:
:dizzy: More Bill Sadler propaganda.

No, this is just repackaged cult so Eastern mysticists can attempt to co-exist with Christians. :plain: There is no other reason to bring this kind of propaganda to TOL. You want us and our acceptance. It doesn't go the other way around.

Lon

Peter was infallible?????
Spoiler

"Peter said to Him, “Even if all fall away on account of You, I never will.” “Truly I tell you, Jesus declared, “- this very night before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” Peter replied, “Even if I must die with You, I will never deny You.” And the rest of the disciples said the same.…

The message couldn't be more clear; Jesus didn't teach "Christ and him crucified" 3 years before the cross to the Jews. In fact it was his hope that the Jews would answer the entire purpose of their calling, Plan A. But tragically they didn't. So the Father lead the Son across a bridge to the West who was found to be more receptive to a variation of the original; Plan B. You Lon were born into Plan B, you are saved, you are I'm sure a good man, I do not fault you for your sincere adoption of the gospel as it was presented to you.

Jesus and the 12 labored repeatedly to reach the Jews with the original gospel of the Kingdom, but to no avail. They had set ideas about themselves and the concept of a Jewish Messiah.

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling! Look, your house is left to you desolate.
Dispensationalism, AND according to them, before Divine enablement of the Holy Spirit. So the scriptures are called 'scriptures' for a reason and to your own detriment. You are practicing excusing behavior, pick-n-choose behavior. As soon as you became the arbiter of what God could say and could not say, you became your own god. There is no reason to seek beyond your own mind after that. The UB and every Eastern religion, in the end, leaves you right back where you started from....every last one of them. The difference (and it is huge) between Christianity and all other religions is this: All religions are man trying to bridge the gap to God and ESPECIALLY portrayed that way in the Urantia Papers. Christianity is God rather, reaching man through the Lord Jesus Christ, thus He is the Chief Cornerstone and the Stone of Stumbling for rejection, respectively, for all mankind. History starts and stops with Him.

Lon

"Paul little dreamed that his well-intentioned letters to his converts would someday be regarded by still later Christians as the "word of God." Such well-meaning teachers must not be held accountable for the use made of their writings by later-day successors."
Good grief Lon! Learn to be a man! You say stuff like this but then run to the mods like a little girl claiming blasphemy? I had held you in a little higher esteem than the trolls.
Anything that is anti-scriptural and/or anti-Christ is blasphemy. In the end it is about tolerance. When offense is purposefully given, offense is purposefully taken. Your postings are a purposeful offense to Christians and it is against TOL rules to purposefully do so.

In point of fact, it is you, breaking rules you agreed to abide by. You could take a lesson from FL/PJ on this. He doesn't get reported for it specifically because 'he tries' to avoid it. You do not. You are only as good as your word and when you agree to something then purposefully turn around against it, your word and the words you stand for (the UB) are no good.

Keep in mind TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that. Break these rules and you will likely be banned.

3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. Emphasis on "unnecessarily disruptive." We will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it). Be mindful of the spirit of the discussion.

7. Thou SHALL NOT troll our forums. If you are here to make outlandish, crazy statements merely to get a rise out of the membership and cause trouble, please save yourself the time and leave.

8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

9. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect TOL moderators

Please do not make posts that are extremely long. Anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. (Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)

Please do not copy and paste your previous papers and writings.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Anything that is anti-scriptural and/or anti-Christ is blasphemy. In the end it is about tolerance. When offense is purposefully given, offense is purposefully taken. Your postings are a purposeful offense to Christians and it is against TOL rules to purposefully do so.

In point of fact, it is you, breaking rules you agreed to abide by. You could take a lesson from FL/PJ on this. He doesn't get reported for it specifically because 'he tries' to avoid it. You do not. You are only as good as your word and when you agree to something then purposefully turn around against it, your word and the words you stand for (the UB) are no good.

Your same argument was used by liked minded people to reject Jesus. Truth is called blasphemy to those who are in error no matter how sweet one wants to state it. Maybe you are overly sensitive because your foundation is built on a compromise?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Dispensationalism, AND according to them, before Divine enablement of the Holy Spirit. So the scriptures are called 'scriptures' for a reason and to your own detriment. You are practicing excusing behavior, pick-n-choose behavior. As soon as you became the arbiter of what God could say and could not say, you became your own god. There is no reason to seek beyond your own mind after that. The UB and every Eastern religion, in the end, leaves you right back where you started from....every last one of them. The difference (and it is huge) between Christianity and all other religions is this: All religions are man trying to bridge the gap to God and ESPECIALLY portrayed that way in the Urantia Papers. Christianity is God rather, reaching man through the Lord Jesus Christ, thus He is the Chief Cornerstone and the Stone of Stumbling for rejection, respectively, for all mankind. History starts and stops with Him.

The Urantia Papers were sent by God, they teach repentance and accepting forgiveness from God then taking up ones responsibility as a Son of God. You seem to have a template that you apply to everyone who doesn't see things your way. The UB was sent to straighten out the errors accumulated during the past dispensation as well as reveal much more about God and his creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.