The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hogwash

Hogwash

:think: I'll bite: :doh: says a 'human' who makes different statements, under different circumstances, worse...however...than these biblical authors :noway: and is subject to bias, incredibly blatant with his own imperfections, malconditionings, poor literary devices that serve this blatantly sacrilegious malcontent. :plain:
You are a borg, however. You are the cookie-cutter punch-out of the mindless borg drone.
malconditioning isn't actually a word, but it phonemically sounds okay, entomologically looks okay. "occurances" is not. Why can't borgs spell? Oh yeah..."ALL" relative... :plain: (this isn't about spelling...its all about being unnecessarily and lacking being blatantly relative about truth when it mattered).

It isn't where John Lennon got material for "Imagine." Acts 4:12 John 14:6 1 Peter 2:4 I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to understand the clarity. At that point, your listening skills are a point of 'convenience.'

:plain: "Truth is truth" is redundant and poor definition. It is essentially meaningless and flavorless. No truth can be relative or it is, by definition, no longer true, but then of course, you randomly said 'truth is truth' for definition. :nono:

Try: ideal, essential, consistent, correct

Cliché spiritual beings aren't aliens from other planets. This is 3-dimensional thinking. The UB folks were stuck there.

No great stretch? Opinionate and speculate for life application much? My advice: "You play Russian roulette and Borg-make-believe on your own dime."

GROSS jump from speculation to not even a sustained conclusion from said gymnastics. It isn't even gymnastics that you could computer simulate, so far is it removed from your speculative premise. It is merely excusing behavior of cognitive dissonance.
:yawn: Looked, again :sigh: and never impressed :nono: No idea why you even think such could be on par with scripture. It can't. :plain:

View attachment 24270View attachment 24271

:think: View attachment 24272

:dizzy: Hallucinogens? John Lennon had that excuse. Child of the 60's?

This hodge-podge diatribe response doesn't address the valid points I made, neither are they an intelligence response except to marginalize and ridicule. In your effort to claim 'mumbo jumbo', you manage to produce quite a load of it yourself, which doesn't do much at all to support or ennoble your presentation, neither your 'theology'. Nice try, but no cigar. My statements hold.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What people don't get is that Jesus said he was the son of God and he said to the Jews you don't know my Father and that before Abraham Jesus was and they wanted to stone him.

God is the unknown the nothing that all names hang on including Jehovah and Jesus never said he was the son of Jehovah he said he was the son of God and that God is Love.

It only takes a child to say how can God be so nasty and be Love at the same time and you end up running round like a victim saying "Don't mind God he gets a but grumpy sometimes' you can't reconcile it unless you are a victim to let God off with injustice like Genocide and slaughtering of animals and blood for sacrifices.

No Jesus was the son of God. The unknown who has never spoke and on his visit he satisfied the law's demand for a pound of flesh for the debt to the very people who had taken God's name and made being a child of God an exclusive Jewish.

He is the light that lights all people and that light is Christ in you and it is the power to become children of God (not Jehovah)

The nicean creed has so much damage to answer for. The Father? Not Jesus's father

:thumb:

(let the reader discern)

Lon

This hodge-podge diatribe response doesn't address the valid points I made
On the contrary, they match the hot air and rightfully call a spade a spade John Lennon-boy.
neither are they an intelligence response
No, not to the intellectually challenged I don't suppose they are. I'm not singing "Imagine" everyday though :plain:

except to marginalize and ridicule.
Here is where I would have said "You are retarded" if that were the case :plain: Read scriptures: Isaiah 55:11 Matthew 4:4 2 Timothy 3:16 Oh, but that's right, you think Isaiah the prophet, Matthew the Apostle and Paul the Johnny-come-lately were all liars :plain:

In your effort to claim 'mumbo jumbo', you manage to produce quite a load of it yourself
:nono: I even told you I wasn't correcting your spelling, but rather your pick'n'choose grocery spiritual store mentality. Truth by definition is not situational or it isn't truth. It is ALWAYS ideal, essential, consistent, correct. I line-itemed every counterpoint meaningfully to your absurd ones. See, that's why TB ignored you in the first place. It was either call you inept or just ignore the inept at that point.
That's fine [TB] if too lazy or unwilling to engage me philosophically or theologically
which doesn't do much at all to support or ennoble your presentation
That's fine [TB] if too lazy or unwilling to engage me philosophically or theologically
:yawn:
neither your 'theology'. Nice try, but no cigar. My statements hold.
freelight;full of hot air/no substance-all talk said:
Well, we've seen you pick one with TulipBee, now we see you aren't up to it when someone takes it up. My advice: "You play Russian roulette and Borg-make-believe on your own dime."

:thumb:

(let the reader discern)

Would be a nice change if one would. Liberal bible critics are too in-fat-uated with their own heads to busy themselves with discernment.
"Common liberal horse-sense" is what passes for the definition of what would have otherwise been.

Liberals are infatuated with themselves, not anybody else or the Lord Jesus Christ nor His Father. :plain:

Lon

The nicean creed has so much damage to answer for.
Great, the gloves are off. You realize you are on a Christian website? Yeah, some people are just rabble-rousers. "Liberal politics/liberal theology" you guys seem like punks to me.
The Father? Not Jesus's father
You came looking for a fight :plain:

"Imagine" "Love is All You Need" when what you really mean is "Imagine god is me and please bow down" and "Loving me and only what I love is all you need." :plain:
Jesus never said he was the son of Jehovah he said he was the son of God and that God is Love.
Human liberal made-up construct :plain: god your own way much?

It only takes a child to say how can God be so nasty and be Love at the same time and you end up running round like a victim saying "Don't mind God he gets a but grumpy sometimes' you can't reconcile it unless you are a victim to let God off with injustice like Genocide and slaughtering of animals and blood for sacrifices.
Only a shallow intellect could come up with something so drivel as this. Good company, but you should know your own intellect and honesty: Not impressive.
No Jesus was the son of God. The unknown who has never spoke and on his visit he satisfied the law's demand for a pound of flesh for the debt to the very people who had taken God's name and made being a child of God an exclusive Jewish.
Another self-appointed Liberal bible-corrector. :yawn: I either live like those words are all true and from God, or I look to you. Given the choice of the two? NO contest. :plain: Every liberal is a virtual cookie-cutter of self-inflated ego, importance, and selfishness.

He is the light that lights all people and that light is Christ in you and it is the power to become children of God (not Jehovah)
And yet, you all come to a 'Christian' website :doh: :dizzy:

djhow

People come to a Christian website in the hope of finding love and acceptance. some to battle and some because they really do want to know God.

I'm not going to be here long anyway but it has been a revelation

Caino

BANNED
Banned
People come to a Christian website in the hope of finding love and acceptance. some to battle and some because they really do want to know God.

Hi djhow, keep in mind that as a Christian website you will get a good dose of Christian. People whose sensibilities have been bullied into religious indoctrination will react violently when those insecure foundations are threatened. Bullies do what was done to them, a lifetime of pent up rage comes bursting out.

This is one thread in the Religion section on a theology website. But when the Christians aren't buzzy ripping each other apart between competing doctrine camps over in the Christian only area, it spills over into any other area where people are not robots.

djhow

It's because they don't understand that the Light of Christ is in all people and all people are children of God. Maybe blind but Children and they are only blind to the fact we never left the garden of Eden we are here and the power of Christ in all men is to see the Kingdom and be transformed into sons of God. Jesus was a man with the same light that lights all men and it is by the power of Christ in Jesus that he became the son of God. It is the way we all see God and when you see a human you see Christ.

Anyone who Knows God will have met a stranger and saw Christ in them

And if you don't think that the light is in all people then consider this

When governments become corrupt the people rise up and demand openness

When governments go to war the people rise up and demand peace

When politicians lie the people demand they tell the truth

The light that lights all men is Christ and it is the power to save and transform

Jesus is the first born, baptised and forgiven all sins and those that are born again are all family of Jesus

And then he who was without sin offered himself that the law and prophets be fulfilled.

I know as a son of God with the power to forgive men their sins find it perplexing how people seem to be dealing with each others sins.

Last edited:

Lon

:doh: This is a Christian 'debate' website. Revelation? Only what you brought with you and decided without realization.
These kinds of inane 'summations' are self-fulfilling and shoddy. YOU came for a fight. Is it fisticuffs? :nono: Good grief! :doh:

Hi djhow, keep in mind that as a Christian website you will get a good dose of Christian...bullied...will react violently
You've got to be kidding me! Vibrato, MAYBE... :plain:

Bullies do what was done to them, a lifetime of pent up rage comes bursting out.
You realize Freud was talking about himself, yes? What one says reveals who he/she is. Look to thyself with a longer gaze. Dude, THIS is coming from inside you! Other than being completely against untruth and lies, what has any Christian on this website ever done to you? :nono: Nothi

This is one thread in the Religion section on a theology website. But when the Christians aren't buzzy ripping each other apart between competing doctrine camps over in the Christian only area, it spills over into any other area where people are not robots.
Hello! --> Christian "Debate" website :doh: Are you inept!!!???

You came to a Christian "Debate" website and then expected to be treated without the 'Debate' part? :dizzy: You guys are as goofy as you have ever been. I love these guys. Certainly some don't, but you never see the nice notes behind the scenes. For instance, take a gander at Alwight's thread. Here is an atheist dying and Christians have prayed for him. Wake up and get your heads out of your tiny judgmental holes. Your discerning skills are all lacking :plain:

I've even told you, Caino, that I entreat you guys to tell you the truth because I care. To disbelieve that is on your own head, heart, and hands. -Lon

I can only take so much of this 'holier than thou' self-congratulatory. As I've repeatedly said, I knew I need[ed] a Savior. :wave:

Lon

Anyone who Knows God will have met a stranger and saw Christ in them
:doh: Looks every bit like hypocrisy to me:
James 1:19
And if you don't think that the light is in all people...
EXCEPT those on this website who are here to 'debate?' :plain:

The light that lights all men is Christ and it is the power to save and transform

Jesus is the first born, baptised and forgiven all sins and those that are born again are all family of Jesus

And then he who was without sin offered himself that the law and prophets be fulfilled.

I know as a son of God with the power to forgive men their sins find it perplexing how people seem to be dealing with each others sins.
This thread rejects the atoning sacrificial work of the Lord Jesus Christ and calls it 'barbaric.' :sigh: Learn where you post and with whom you quickly give your deserved or undeserved allegiance. Now if this is purposeful obfuscation and nothing like the heralding of the saving work of the Lord God Jesus Christ, that's a different story and you'd be in good company specifically, in this thread of those who reject the 'barbaric' sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:doh: This is a Christian 'debate' website. Revelation? Only what you brought with you and decided without realization.
These kinds of inane 'summations' are self-fulfilling and shoddy. YOU came for a fight. Is it fisticuffs? :nono: Good grief! :doh:

You've got to be kidding me! Vibrato, MAYBE... :plain:

You realize Freud was talking about himself, yes? What one says reveals who he/she is. Look to thyself with a longer gaze. Dude, THIS is coming from inside you! Other than being completely against untruth and lies, what has any Christian on this website ever done to you? :nono: Nothi

Hello! --> Christian "Debate" website :doh: Are you inept!!!???

You came to a Christian "Debate" website and then expected to be treated without the 'Debate' part? :dizzy: You guys are as goofy as you have ever been. I love these guys. Certainly some don't, but you never see the nice notes behind the scenes. For instance, take a gander at Alwight's thread. Here is an atheist dying and Christians have prayed for him. Wake up and get your heads out of your tiny judgmental holes. Your discerning skills are all lacking :plain:

I've even told you, Caino, that I entreat you guys to tell you the truth because I care. To disbelieve that is on your own head, heart, and hands. -Lon

I can only take so much of this 'holier than thou' self-congratulatory. As I've repeatedly said, I knew I need[ed] a Savior. :wave:

There he goes off again with his dusty sandals. When you've been bullied by a religion using fear and manipulation into believing that the books they wrote were written by God, then you loose the ability to intuitively discern truth. Therefore your own chosen people delusion cannot stand any critical analysis.

The saved don't need a physician. Your fear peddling doesn't work on others the way it worked on you.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Back to those open minded lurkers hungry for truth:

118:8.4 The great danger that besets the creature is that, in achieving liberation from the fetters of the life mechanism, he will fail to compensate this loss of stability by effecting a harmonious working liaison with spirit. Creature choice, when relatively liberated from mechanical stability, may attempt further self-liberation independent of greater spirit identification.

118:8.5 The whole principle of biologic evolution makes it impossible for primitive man to appear on the inhabited worlds with any large endowment of self-restraint. Therefore does the same creative design which purposed evolution likewise provide those external restraints of time and space, hunger and fear, which effectively circumscribe the subspiritual choice range of such uncultured creatures. As man's mind successfully overstrides increasingly difficult barriers, this same creative design has also provided for the slow accumulation of the racial heritage of painfully garnered experiential wisdom—in other words, for the maintenance of a balance between the diminishing external restraints and the augmenting internal restraints.

118:8.6 The slowness of evolution, of human cultural progress, testifies to the effectiveness of that brake—material inertia—which so efficiently operates to retard dangerous velocities of progress. Thus does time itself cushion and distribute the otherwise lethal results of premature escape from the next-encompassing barriers to human action. For when culture advances overfast, when material achievement outruns the evolution of worship-wisdom, then does civilization contain within itself the seeds of retrogression; and unless buttressed by the swift augmentation of experiential wisdom, such human societies will recede from high but premature levels of attainment, and the “dark ages” of the interregnum of wisdom will bear witness to the inexorable restoration of the imbalance between self-liberty and self-control.

118:8.7 The iniquity of Caligastia (crafty beast) was the by-passing of the time governor of progressive human liberation—the gratuitous destruction of restraining barriers, barriers which the mortal minds of those times had not experientially overridden.
UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:doh: Looks every bit like hypocrisy to me:

James 1:19

EXCEPT those on this website who are here to 'debate?' :plain:

This thread rejects the atoning sacrificial work of the Lord Jesus Christ and calls it 'barbaric.' :sigh: Learn where you post and with whom you quickly give your deserved or undeserved allegiance. Now if this is purposeful obfuscation and nothing like the heralding of the saving work of the Lord God Jesus Christ, that's a different story and you'd be in good company specifically, in this thread of those who reject the 'barbaric' sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ.

This thread promotes the life giving gift of the original gospel, before the Jews rejected it, after which a new modified gospel was adopted by the Pagan world who made it more to their way of thinking.

Before the cross, Jesus incarnate and lived for the cause of salvation proclaiming that all mean and women are the sons and daughters of God, that by faith one can realize this ennobling truth; receiving that with joy leads one to forget self, love and serve others.

After the cross they have Jesus dying for the cause of sin; theoretical salvation rooted in selfishness.

The original gospel was forgotten, lost in the dust of the incredible death and resurrection event.

The UB revelation happened now in anticipation of a coming age. It's not really a book for this age rather the seeds are being planted for a new age when man will return to the original gospel.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
This thread promotes the life giving gift of the original gospel, before the Jews rejected it, after which a new modified gospel was adopted by the Pagan world who made it more to their way of thinking.

Before the cross, Jesus incarnate and lived for the cause of salvation proclaiming that all mean and women are the sons and daughters of God, that by faith one can realize this ennobling truth; receiving that with joy leads one to forget self, love and serve others.

After the cross they have Jesus dying for the cause of sin; theoretical salvation rooted in selfishness.

The original gospel was forgotten, lost in the dust of the incredible death and resurrection event.

The UB revelation happened now in anticipation of a coming age. It's not really a book for this age rather the seeds are being planted for a new age when man will return to the original gospel.
What is original gospel?

Lon

This thread promotes...The original gospel... forgotten, lost...
The UB revelation...
:nono: It promotes and challenges Christianity. Being a 'debate' website, you cry foul ineptly as if you "didn't sign up for that part."

Only you oddballs would complain about the purpose of a website in which you chose to participate. You get the grief you signed up for: This should continue to be both anticipated and accepted on your part. I totally accept that this thread is a slap in the face and challenge to Christianity. Don't try to hide, excuse, or otherwise obfuscate your purpose on TOL. A simply UB website all your own would forgo the 'debate' nature of this site and you all are being incredible and dishonest hypocrites to pretend the victim as if you weren't the one taking the first shot. You knew what you were doing the day you came here, don't lie, at least not to yourself. The UB seems to be purposeful lying so I understand that part of it.
There he goes off again with his dusty sandals. When you've been bullied by a religion using fear and manipulation into believing that the books they wrote were written by God, then you loose the ability to intuitively discern truth. Therefore your own chosen people delusion cannot stand any critical analysis.
:yawn: :plain: You are delusional.

The saved don't need a physician. Your fear peddling doesn't work on others the way it worked on you.

:yawn: Pure lying assertion, Caino. Look for any 'you are going to hell' fear-mongering from me. :nono: Again, lie all you like to me, but don't believe your own crap. You don't have that luxury. You came to TOL, the "Christian Debate" website knowing exactly what you were doing and why you were doing it. If not, your intelligence is too low for me to ever change your weak and easily duped mind (note the 'if').

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:nono: It promotes and challenges Christianity. Being a 'debate' website, you cry foul ineptly as if you "didn't sign up for that part."

Only you oddballs would complain about the purpose of a website in which you chose to participate. You get the grief you signed up for: This should continue to be both anticipated and accepted on your part. I totally accept that this thread is a slap in the face and challenge to Christianity. Don't try to hide, excuse, or otherwise obfuscate your purpose on TOL. A simply UB website all your own would forgo the 'debate' nature of this site and you all are being incredible and dishonest hypocrites to pretend the victim as if you weren't the one taking the first shot. You knew what you were doing the day you came here, don't lie, at least not to yourself. The UB seems to be purposeful lying so I understand that part of it.

:yawn: :plain: You are delusional.

:yawn: Pure lying assertion, Caino. Look for any 'you are going to hell' fear-mongering from me. :nono: Again, lie all you like to me, but don't believe your own crap. You don't have that luxury. You came to TOL, the "Christian Debate" website knowing exactly what you were doing and why you were doing it. If not, your intelligence is too low for me to ever change your weak and easily duped mind (note the 'if').

Good post Lon. You do realize that Caino and Freelight will be forced to send a scathing report about you to the Mother-Ship, correct? Their little green men friends in their UFOs may want to telepathically get in touch with you? I hear that Caino and Freelight will be taking a trip to the planet, "Teragon" in the next couple of weeks. That have a meeting with the "Cosmic Administration Supervisor." CAS for short. They'll be conversing about planet Urantia and its inhabitants.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Educate your ignorance.......

Educate your ignorance.......

What is original gospel?

Its surprising you ask about what was clearly shared. Also you've engaged this thread for this long and are still clueless with all the commentary, text and resource links provided? Which goes to show you're not really interested in finding out or else you'd actually invest the time to discover things for yourself instead of toying with the dialogue.

See: Gospel: The Good News

The gospel of the kingdom is centered in the revelation and recognition that we are sons and daughters of God, and based on the fundamental truth of 'The Fahtherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man'. By spiritual rebirth and illumination we see and enter into the kingdom of heaven, and live by its laws and principles...the supreme law being love. Again,...these are the basics of true religion....keeping oneself pure and serving those in need. Its really not that complicated.

You can read the UB for yourself. Whoa! What a novel idea :doh:

Lon

Its surprising you ask about what was clearly shared. Also you've engaged this thread for this long and are still clueless with all the commentary, text and resource links provided?
Right, because there is no 'good news' from u-rant. None. So, when given a 'original' of course she is incredulous, having never seen it. It doesn't exist, 2bee. You were right to ask because of course it doesn't exist. There is nothing good about U-B news. It is made up fantasy and lies. Did it really take God 20,000 years to convey a message? :dizzy:

Which goes to show you're not really interested in finding out
:doh: There is NOTHING to find out! :dizzy:

or else you'd actually invest the time to discover things for yourself
"Invested?" "Wasted." If it ever comes to a point where you leave this junk behind and embrace the only Gospel, instead of running after the whims of your fancy, man-centered desires, and carnal beliefs, it might prove of some worth. Spent that time. Wasn't worth it. There is ONLY one God that miraculously answers my prayers. I'm not magic. Such a God is more powerful and correct than yours, surely. Has to be. I don't deserve it, Christ has made His own worthy.
instead of toying with the dialogue.
Hello "debate" website. :plain:

The gospel of the kingdom is centered in the revelation and recognition that we are sons and daughters of God, and based on the fundamental truth of 'The Fahtherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man'. By spiritual rebirth and illumination we see and enter into the kingdom of heaven, and live by its laws and principles...the supreme law being love. Again,...these are the basics of true religion....keeping oneself pure and serving those in need. Its really not that complicated.
See, 2Bee? No good news at all. The 'good news' is you are already there. Therefore, logically, there is "NO" good news. Really this simpleton after all.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and used it to clean the car because it had no message other than 'you already have a T-shirt.' That's the UB message, uses a LOT of space to say absolutely nothing. There IS no good news in the UB.

Let me help with UB slogans:

1) "Its already in Ur B-hand"
2) "You don't even need to read a book to know what the UB wants you to know" :dizzy:
3) "Jesus visits the 'school' nurse"
4) "The UB hates Christianity and is very in-your-Christian-face"
5) "Imagine all the people"
6) "I'd like to buy the world a coke"
7) :dizzy: and loving it
8) "Christians are mean"
9) " I hate Christians too"
10) " I ♥ Space Invaders"

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Its surprising you ask about what was clearly shared. Also you've engaged this thread for this long and are still clueless with all the commentary, text and resource links provided? Which goes to show you're not really interested in finding out or else you'd actually invest the time to discover things for yourself instead of toying with the dialogue.

Just wanted to see if urantians would come out and say its the Scriptures in the bible but I knew ya'll would say something else.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Just wanted to see if urantians would come out and say its the Scriptures in the bible but I knew ya'll would say something else.

Show us where what I shared on the kingdom of God and about God being our Father is not a concept found in the Bible. We'll be waiting.

You are under the delusion that the Bible has to be mentioned for something to be true which is absurd. You worship that book as if it were God which is idolatry.

Read the link provided to educate yourself about what the UB teaches or leave the thread since your wasting everyones time. But hey, while your being a 'sock puppet' and being willfully ignorant, you're keeping the thread active to help expand one's horizons...so pat yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

Please answer the question above or be ignored since space and time are valuable.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Horsepucky.........

Horsepucky.........

Right, because there is no 'good news' from u-rant. None. So, when given a 'original' of course she is incredulous, having never seen it. It doesn't exist, 2bee. You were right to ask because of course it doesn't exist. There is nothing good about U-B news. It is made up fantasy and lies. Did it really take God 20,000 years to convey a message? :dizzy:

:doh: There is NOTHING to find out! :dizzy:

"Invested?" "Wasted." If it ever comes to a point where you leave this junk behind and embrace the only Gospel, instead of running after the whims of your fancy, man-centered desires, and carnal beliefs, it might prove of some worth. Spent that time. Wasn't worth it. There is ONLY one God that miraculously answers my prayers. I'm not magic. Such a God is more powerful and correct than yours, surely. Has to be. I don't deserve it, Christ has made His own worthy.
Hello "debate" website. :plain:

See, 2Bee? No good news at all. The 'good news' is you are already there. Therefore, logically, there is "NO" good news. Really this simpleton after all.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and used it to clean the car because it had no message other than 'you already have a T-shirt.' That's the UB message, uses a LOT of space to say absolutely nothing. There IS no good news in the UB.

Let me help with UB slogans:

1) "Its already in Ur B-hand"
2) "You don't even need to read a book to know what the UB wants you to know" :dizzy:
3) "Jesus visits the 'school' nurse"
4) "The UB hates Christianity and is very in-your-Christian-face"
5) "Imagine all the people"
6) "I'd like to buy the world a coke"
7) :dizzy: and loving it
8) "Christians are mean"
9) " I hate Christians too"
10) " I ♥ Space Invaders"

This drivel isnt worth my time. If and when you have something to add to the discussion or can carry on a rational dialogue....maybe i'll engage. In the meantime, knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.