The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Man's biological evolution.......

Man's biological evolution.......

A pictorial of the evolutionary chart of humans and primates.

http://www.squarecircles.com/studyaids/manandape/primates_pictorial.pdf

Hi Caino,

I find the lemur's place in human biological evolution most interesting :) Can you share any other independent sources that may corroborate the UB's account. As you know most traditional orthodox bible believers hold that man was miraculously created uniquely without any previous biological predecessors, but there is a different story apparently. As the UB indicates as well, there were many different human tribes/peoples living here before Adam & Eve came down to the planet to serve as 'biologic uplifters'. I wonder for those more liberal progressivist Christians who believe in a kind of 'theistic evolution' if they would accept the UB's chronology here.
Wonderful stuff :)

journey

See: here, here, here

Truthbook staff answer on cult issue here.

Please stop misrepresenting the UB.

I'm telling the TRUTH, and you don't like the TRUTH. Google urantia UFO cult and start with 18,000 links to read. If you didn't already know:

1 - I don't accept the urantia book as an authority or valid source for anything except garbage,

2 - I don't accept your opinions.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets get real ..................

Lets get real ..................

The ub has no authority, and it isn't a revelation from the true and living God.

Prove it.

All you have is your opinion and sources that nobody trusts.

Prove that your own 'belief' could be on the same level....just your 'opinion',...something you've chosen to put faith in, based on 'general consensus' within a particular religious tradition, and/or because being 'exclusive' about it feels good.

These are just a couple of reasons why you're not getting any believers here.

This thread is about discussion, you know...having a 'dialogue'. Learn what a dialogue is, and you might enjoy being here, as so much as been afforded you. If not, all you have is the same ole retorts, criticism, pot-shots and typical apologetic polemics. You've failed in even reading the first 5 papers, even the first 3 which is an easy read. You have no idea what the UB even teaches about 'God', among other things, but are stuck in claiming its a "UFO Cult", which I've already refuted many times over. Its like talking to a brick wall. (*thud*)

When you have something that could contribute to a 'dialogue', let us know....I know its a 'tall order',...but I'm open to be surprised ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I'm telling the TRUTH, and you don't like the TRUTH. Google urantia UFO cult and start with 18,000 links to read. If you didn't already know:

1 - I don't accept the urantia book as an authority or valid source for anything except garbage,

2 - I don't accept your opinions.

I already CORRECTED you on your false claim about the 'UFO Cult' association.

1 - That's fine,...you've been spouting that since you got here, over and over and over. Its like a broken record. So?

2- You've also said that before,....over and over again. So? If you're not here for discussion or dialogue,....you can leave the thread,....its ok,....its appropriate,...Knight encourages it, did you read the rules?

Please do not marginalize TOL threads or TOL members, the topics and threads that interest some TOL members might not interest you. Just ignore threads and TOL members that do not interest you.

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

journey

I already CORRECTED you on your false claim about the 'UFO Cult' association.

1 - That's fine,...you've been spouting that since you got here, over and over and over. Its like a broken record. So?

2- You've also said that before,....over and over again. So? If you're not here for discussion or dialogue,....you can leave the thread,....its ok,....its appropriate,...Knight encourages it, did you read the rules?

Don't forget that Knight has posted at least twice that you won't be protected here. I'm sure that you remember. If not, search for it. I've re-posted Knight's policy about this thread at least twice, and the same has been done by moderators. In the meantime, I'll post here when I want to.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi Caino,

I find the lemur's place in human biological evolution most interesting :) Can you share any other independent sources that may corroborate the UB's account. As you know most traditional orthodox bible believers hold that man was miraculously created uniquely without any previous biological predecessors, but there is a different story apparently. As the UB indicates as well, there were many different human tribes/peoples living here before Adam & Eve came down to the planet to serve as 'biologic uplifters'. I wonder for those more liberal progressivist Christians who believe in a kind of 'theistic evolution' if they would accept the UB's chronology here.
Wonderful stuff :)

Yes! Lemurs have been linked to human evolution validating the Urantia revelation. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/090519-missing-link-found.html

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Don't forget that Knight has posted at least twice that you won't be protected here. I'm sure that you remember. If not, search for it. I've re-posted Knight's policy about this thread at least twice, and the same has been done by moderators. In the meantime, I'll post here when I want to.

He also has allowed for this thread, thank you :)

The rules/recommendations still stand.....

:p

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Todays Christians live in fear created by preachers of religious dogma. Jesus already put your fears and false teachings to rest. Its in your Bible:

The Sharp Words Against the Followers

Luke 9:50

49 John said, “Teacher, we saw someone putting out demons in Your name. We told him to stop because he was not following us.” 50 Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him. He who is not against us is for us.”

A Nation That Cannot Stand

22 Then they brought to Him a man who had a demon. He was blind and could not speak. Jesus healed him and he could talk and see. 23 All the people were surprised and said, “Can this Man be the Son of David?” 24 But when the proud religious law-keepers heard it, they said, “This Man puts out demons only by Satan, the leader of demons.”

25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every nation divided into groups that fight each other is going to be destroyed. Every city or family divided into groups that fight each other will not stand. 26 If the devil puts out the devil, he is divided against himself. How will his nation stand? 27 If I put out demons by Satan, by whom do your followers put them out? So your followers will say if you are guilty. 28 But if I put out demons by the Spirit of God, then the holy nation of God is come to you. 29 How can anyone go into a strong man’s house and take away his things, unless he ties up the strong man first? Only then can he take things from his house.

The Urantia revelation decimates and humiliates Lucifer, Satan and all their followers. Only a not very wise person would claim the UB is from Satan.
Ub writer is probably very similar to JZ Knight, who claims to*channel*a 35,000-year-old being called Ramtha the Enlightened One. The school's teachings are based on these channeling sessions. Still unfamiliar spirits either way . it's wise not to tear the bible up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramtha's_School_of_Enlightenment

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ub writer is probably very similar to JZ Knight, who claims to*channel*a 35,000-year-old being called Ramtha the Enlightened One. The school's teachings are based on these channeling sessions. Still unfamiliar spirits either way . it's wise not to tear the bible up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramtha's_School_of_Enlightenment

The UB is not a 'channeled' work as is defined in the modern concept of a person 'channelling' entities, etc. It came about by more mysterious means. AND the UB and Ramtha have very little in common. No comparison.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Some of these enemies of the Urantia Book are liars like the Clintons. The Urania Book has absolutely nothing to do with UFO's, you have been told that over and over but because you boys lack the courage to debate on the merits you have to make things up. Like my hero Rush Limbaugh says "the Left has to lie, because if people knew what they really wanted to do, no one would vote for them."

Now which weakling is going to report me today?????
Celestial beings being unfamiliar spirits might as well be aliens. I don't think you can defend that. I wouldn't report you because you're crazy like the rest of them.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The UB is not a 'channeled' work as is defined in the modern concept of a person 'channelling' entities, etc. It came about by more mysterious means. AND the UB and Ramtha have very little in common. No comparison.
Lots of comparisons. Your excuses don't seem to match up

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lots of comparisons. Your excuses don't seem to match up

I mean what I said,...there is no comparison with Ramtha, a spirit-entity speaking thru JZ Knight, giving lectures, etc. and how the Urantia papers came about. The UB did not come thru any modern-day understanding or concept of "channeling". Ramtha's teachings are also different in many ways, than the UBs,...note the UB does not teach 'reincarnation'.

Here are some research links about HOW the UB came about,...while pieces can be shared, the actual 'process' is still a mystery, and there are various accounts and theories. -

See here, here, here, here. There are a few books written too on the UB and its origins, with various speculations. That's why the content itself and its consistency of terms, meanings and values and are to be taken as a cosmological whole. The papers and their systematic thought, philosophy, principles and cosmology are amazingly consistent.

Last edited:

journey

He also has allowed for this thread, thank you :)

The rules/recommendations still stand.....

:p

Your memory is pretty poor. Yes, you are allowed to have this thread, BUT

NO - all the rules don't apply here. There's more from moderators. Maybe this will help with your memory:

From Knight:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199805&postcount=6770

January 26th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199785&postcount=6768

January 26th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caino View Post
This is what the UB says about blood sacrifices:

Why are you posting that?

What is the point of posting all of this stuff about the wacky Urantia stuff on TOL?

journey

From Sherman:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4307057&postcount=7497

Knights wishes concerning this thread are the final word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Urantia theology is borderline blasphemous ranging into blasphemy. It isn't something we are going to protect--especially when you go saying the Apostle Paul adulterated his writings with paganism.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4279808&postcount=6838

April 4th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post

I am here again to remind you that this stuff is slurry. It will not be protected here. If you want to discuss it without detractors coming into your thread, take it someplace else. I think you are a bunch of ninneyhammers for believing this garbage.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199895&postcount=6771

January 26th, 2015, 06:58 PM
You won't convince the Christians here on TOL of your Bat in the Belfry crazy doctrines. Offering it to us is like offering slurry as food, altogether unappealing and not nourishing.

As the old saying goes, you get what you ask for. You post it here in front of people that don't want it and of course they are going to say negative things about it. Take Knight's suggestion to heart and perhaps open it someplace where it will be more appreciated.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4198662&postcount=6680

January 25th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
Have you searched the Internet and what it has to
say about, "The Urantia Book?" Your 'religion' has been
called a, "UFO Cult!" Cosmic beings, and the "Occult'
are thrown into the mix as well! You and your ilk are
just another form of "Scientology!" That's a fact!

That is a fact. Urantia is a UFO cult.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4198659&postcount=6679

January 25th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caino View Post
And Grosnick post here more than we do

It is the price you pay for posting this nonsense on a Christian forum. We've allowed you to have this thread. If you don't like the working conditions here, you can go someplace else.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Seriously.........

Seriously.........

January 25th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
Have you searched the Internet and what it has to
say about, "The Urantia Book?" Your 'religion' has been
called a, "UFO Cult!" Cosmic beings, and the "Occult'
are thrown into the mix as well! You and your ilk are
just another form of "Scientology!" That's a fact!

That is a fact. Urantia is a UFO cult.

May we remind you again, the UB has no affiliation or association with UFOs, neither is there is any one official UB church or organization (which you could call a 'cult'), except the Urantia Foundation who serves as the main publisher and custodian of the text. This has been told to you over and over again. You continue to misrepresent the facts. This misconstruing of the facts is pointless and unnecessary and shows your only effort here is censorship and deprecation of the subject.

Don't forget to be properly schooled here.

I've also adequately addressed GM with corrections to his 'opinions' in my response to his mock thread on the UB here. He has been kind enough to no longer engage the subject in a demeaning way, by a truce of networking for a 'greater good' in the area of rep-giving and social club ethics as we were both members in one of the former rep-clubs.

Your efforts could probably be served elsewhere in finding a thread that better suits your interests,...remember the rule? If you're not interested in the subject, its better to move along, and not be a thread-pest, troll or busy-body. Since you've not proved yourself to be here for any dialogue but just to pontificate, berate and belittle,...its best you move along to not incur more negativity associated with your person, since the track record is not looking very good for you. Misrepresenting info. and misleading others on the particulars that you have done about the UB....is not a very 'christian' thing to do.

At least be intellectually honest, for one's integrity says more than what religious denomination one is or what 'lablel' one wears. 'God' looks at the heart, and if you want to know what is being taught, then learn the essence, soul, heart and principle of the teaching you are considering, before pre-judging by bias, misinformation or ignorance.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Celestial beings being unfamiliar spirits might as well be aliens. I don't think you can defend that. I wouldn't report you because you're crazy like the rest of them.

They said Jesus was crazy. His own mother thought he was crazy. The Jews in general hated and still hate Jesus for blasphemy based in their scripture. The Urantia book presents a glorious revelation of a Loving which I whole heartedly believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.